Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... 18:25 - Dec 15 with 18937 viewsMoonyDale

Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 13:21 - Dec 17 with 2142 viewsNafelad

Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 13:02 - Dec 17 by electricblue

Should Dale stay up or get relegated at the end of this season with or without Hill will the manager have a reduced budget to deal with.
I actually think so as isnt it rumoured that the dudget got a hefty increase of about £300k.
That increase may have bought in the likes of Clough, Inman, williams, randal, Norman, Wilbraham, Perkins as that improved anything from last season!

So what im trying to say is that can Hill manage the extra money situation!
Did the increase make him think outside the box and Hill got a bit giddy with it..

As i think Hill is the type of manager who works wonders on a restricted budget....

Don't you mean used to 'work wonders on a restricted budget'?

Topcat

Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 13:39 - Dec 17 with 2110 viewselectricblue

And Hill is a master of that....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 14:05 - Dec 17 with 2052 viewsTomRAFC

Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 13:39 - Dec 17 by electricblue

And Hill is a master of that....

Sadly it feels more like a was the master, than is the master.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 14:13 - Dec 17 with 2046 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 23:39 - Dec 15 by James1980

I believe that Hexiteers have been a very vocal minority on here when we lose. An extremely silent minority yet strategically placed around the ground during matches. Which has lead to flat atmosphere whilst games are being played.
I base the later on during games at times a chant will start but pockets of fans remain stoney silent and I for one feel uncomfortable joining in, that might just be me, but could it be others also feel the same?
It is a massive what if but say we do go on a fantastic run for the rest of the season. Will those calling for Hill to exit stage left change their tune or are your minds made up regardless?

I think the atmosphere being flat is more to do with the football being flat and being played like a very poor Arsenal side. I`d rather see us shoot 25 times a games and it going wide than what I saw on Saturday. The players are too slow thinking and by the time they decide to shoot the chance has gone or is blocked. Don`t think, just do!
Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 14:39 - Dec 17 with 2024 viewsmidlandsdale

Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 23:50 - Dec 15 by James1980

On past experience no some of them would have said very little.

We have players that can find the back of the net on their day, the result could have been very different.

But we have't James have we. I am not a traditional Hill out person but I am growing tired of his repeated personal verbal big ups. His lack of empathy with anything said by anyone else that doesn't agree with him and his lack of communication to us the paying customer about team selection and tactics.

Long after he has gone we will still be here. We deserve better. He just wants to be Mourinho and at the moment he is.
Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 14:49 - Dec 17 with 2012 viewsNafelad

Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 14:05 - Dec 17 by TomRAFC

Sadly it feels more like a was the master, than is the master.

Which is exactly what I was trying to say!!

Topcat

Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 14:53 - Dec 17 with 2000 viewsTomRAFC

Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 14:49 - Dec 17 by Nafelad

Which is exactly what I was trying to say!!

Sorry, I missed your point there.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 15:10 - Dec 17 with 1973 viewsJames1980

Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 14:39 - Dec 17 by midlandsdale

But we have't James have we. I am not a traditional Hill out person but I am growing tired of his repeated personal verbal big ups. His lack of empathy with anything said by anyone else that doesn't agree with him and his lack of communication to us the paying customer about team selection and tactics.

Long after he has gone we will still be here. We deserve better. He just wants to be Mourinho and at the moment he is.

Sorry I just think it is ridiculous that this negativity rears it's ugly head every time we lose. We were not outplayed on Saturday. To some extent football is a game of small margins and an element of luck, Plymouth were certainly lucky to have got all 3 points
It is a shame that when we win there isn't an equal amount of positivity. I would put money on after a good run, a loss would have certain people on here demanding Hill get sacked.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Login to get fewer ads

Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 15:13 - Dec 17 with 1968 viewssmaclad1

Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 09:59 - Dec 17 by TomRAFC

As someone who has recently begun to think Hill should go, I'd love us to have won, but we didn't.

My mind changed because I honestly feel we have a decent squad that are underachieving, that a clear headed manager could get the best out of. With the likes of Paul Hurst and Mark Warburton out of work there are some good options available.

It's a bit of an Arsene Wenger situation. Hilly has brought me the happiest footballing seasons of my life and we all love him for that, but it's not the same anymore.

I believe that Lee Clark and Gary Megson might also be available.
Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 16:29 - Dec 17 with 1894 viewsJames1980

If a new manager comes in who is to say they will improve things. Yes they very well might do, but then they are in the spotlight and could quite easily be snapped up by another team, that would be less likely with a lengthy contract, but how likely is it, the board would offer a new manager a long contract?
Perhaps we get relegated with the new boss, what happens then another sacking?
We get 52 points and maintain L1 status, who is to say Hill wouldn't have done the same.
Yes I know ifs and's pots pans aunty balls uncle.

But I think in terms of stability, better the devil you know.

Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 16:31 - Dec 17 with 1891 viewsD_Alien

Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 11:12 - Dec 17 by 100notout

Great analogy with Arsene Wenger whose legacy was soured by staying on too long - he was revolutionary when he first went to Arsenal - like Hill, he was successful - like Hill, the footballing world started to catch up and he started to struggle - like Hill. He managed to be "successful" by finishing in the top 4 - like Hill has been "successful" of late by maintaining our league 1 status. In the end,like Hill, he was just too stubborn to change his ways and he had to go - like Hill?

10 months ago I would have answered that question with a categoric no. At the start of the season, the same. Two months ago I would have said maybe. Now I would seriously consider it.

I'm fed up of hearing it but its true - he's the best manager we've ever had but for whatever reason I question whether his heart is in it. I feel his hunger has gone. I question whether he is now surrounded by Yes men. It seems everyone at the club is frightened of him, walking on egg shells - even some fans.

I'm nearly in the Hill out camp. I was always of the view that even if we were relegated with him in charge, he'd earned the right to have another go at getting us promoted - and I always thought that he could do that. Then he started tinkering, falling out with players, not picking his best 11, playing players out of position, making very strange substitutions, not seeing a problem when it seems everyone in the ground can see it - so now I'm not so sure.

I'm currently still "Hill In" but your point about everyone at the club walking on eggshells around KH is something that rings true, or may have been until recent changes to the board

I'll reserve further judgement until the new chairman and board have settled in and see whether there's an impact on the manager in terms of attitude in the messages he sends out through the media, and on matchdays

That'll probably take a good couple of months but if there's no improvement once we're into March - and certainly if our L1 status is under threat through the employment of players out of position and negative tactics - all options should be considered
[Post edited 17 Dec 2018 16:45]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 16:31 - Dec 17 with 1890 viewsrichfoad32

Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 15:10 - Dec 17 by James1980

Sorry I just think it is ridiculous that this negativity rears it's ugly head every time we lose. We were not outplayed on Saturday. To some extent football is a game of small margins and an element of luck, Plymouth were certainly lucky to have got all 3 points
It is a shame that when we win there isn't an equal amount of positivity. I would put money on after a good run, a loss would have certain people on here demanding Hill get sacked.

How many times over the past season and a half have we been 'unlucky' before you start to realise it's not down to luck and we just haven't been very good? It's not just results anyway, there are plenty of other factors that have supporters questioning Hill's position.
Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 16:51 - Dec 17 with 1852 viewskiwidale

Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 15:10 - Dec 17 by James1980

Put your dick back in James.

This is not the time for bickering.

Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 17:04 - Dec 17 with 1828 viewsJames1980

Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 16:31 - Dec 17 by richfoad32

How many times over the past season and a half have we been 'unlucky' before you start to realise it's not down to luck and we just haven't been very good? It's not just results anyway, there are plenty of other factors that have supporters questioning Hill's position.

Taking Saturday in isolation we were unlucky to get nothing from that game.
On the subject of not being very good is that the players and or the manager?
Who is to say another manager will suddenly turn Rochdale into the Barca of League 1 and is the cost really worth the risk?

Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 17:26 - Dec 17 with 1800 viewsJames1980

Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 16:51 - Dec 17 by kiwidale

Put your dick back in James.

Sorry but if we have 70% possession against Southend on Saturday, 30 shots 20 on target which are decent efforts but lose 1-0 to a goal in the 90 +6 minute. This forum will be crawling with Hill Out comments.
If we win convincingly well some people will say little if anything at all.

Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 17:33 - Dec 17 with 1787 viewsrichfoad32

Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 17:04 - Dec 17 by James1980

Taking Saturday in isolation we were unlucky to get nothing from that game.
On the subject of not being very good is that the players and or the manager?
Who is to say another manager will suddenly turn Rochdale into the Barca of League 1 and is the cost really worth the risk?

Maybe we were unlucky not to take something from the game on Saturday (I don't know, I wasn't there) but so what? Accy can say they were unfortunate not to get a draw when we beat them t'other week, it's all swings and roundabouts. Over an 18 month sample size our struggles haven't just been down to 'bad luck'. You seem very fond of bashing anyone with a negative viewpoint and dishing out ultimatums so let's turn it around......if results don't improve and we continue in freefall towards relegation will you change your mind about Hill, or have you decided he must stay no matter what?
Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 17:40 - Dec 17 with 1763 viewsSunningDale

Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 17:26 - Dec 17 by James1980

Sorry but if we have 70% possession against Southend on Saturday, 30 shots 20 on target which are decent efforts but lose 1-0 to a goal in the 90 +6 minute. This forum will be crawling with Hill Out comments.

Well that's simply remedied, if we lose Saturday just be sure to avoid this forum. (and give us all a rest)

Poll: Should James1980 stop posting pointless polls that have been done to death?

Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 17:43 - Dec 17 with 1749 viewsMoonyDale

If we have 70% possession and 30 shots with 20 on target I will personally show my arse at the next fans forum, don't talk nonsense....Some of your posts seem incredibly naive at best, just look at the numbers on this poll and compare to the last....More have voted on this one, with 56% saying Hill out from 14% last time. So they are all wrong but you are right? If we win on Saturday i'll be one of the first on here congratulating the team including Hill if he's got it right.....You can't use the same old faces line anymore as it's not just a couple of Hill haters coming out of the woodwork, it's bloody concerned fans who have seen the same mistakes for the past 2 years...And it's everbody else at fault bar one....Hilly's staunchest fan on here I would say is DDB but even he voices his concern at these errors because he like the rest of us can see them played out week after week.......
[Post edited 17 Dec 2018 17:49]

Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 17:46 - Dec 17 with 1742 viewsJames1980

Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 17:33 - Dec 17 by richfoad32

Maybe we were unlucky not to take something from the game on Saturday (I don't know, I wasn't there) but so what? Accy can say they were unfortunate not to get a draw when we beat them t'other week, it's all swings and roundabouts. Over an 18 month sample size our struggles haven't just been down to 'bad luck'. You seem very fond of bashing anyone with a negative viewpoint and dishing out ultimatums so let's turn it around......if results don't improve and we continue in freefall towards relegation will you change your mind about Hill, or have you decided he must stay no matter what?

I am not saying Hill can do no wrong. Any bashing however is direct at those who come across that he can do no right, that appear to be so desperate that he is sacked.
Yes unless he does something that brings the club into disrepute, stick with him. He got us out the mire last season, if we got relegated, he has the experience to get us back in league 1, plus there is the big question of how much will firing Hill and hiring a new manager cost.

Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 18:06 - Dec 17 with 1709 viewsborntogo

At any other club he would have gone months ago. His signings, his tactics, his attitude, are rueful. He has taken all the fun out of being a Rochdale supporter.

This vote is unrepresentative because 1. Posters on the site have always been predominantly (and peculiarly) pro-Hill. 2. It includes votes from people who don't actually attend matches or do so intermittently, and so are largely spared the pain of Hill's 'No-fun football' 3. It doesn't include those who are so disillusioned that they have walked away or, likewise, came to Spotland once or twice, witnessed the tripe on show, and ran to the hills.
Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 19:03 - Dec 17 with 1656 viewsNDGN82

Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 18:06 - Dec 17 by borntogo

At any other club he would have gone months ago. His signings, his tactics, his attitude, are rueful. He has taken all the fun out of being a Rochdale supporter.

This vote is unrepresentative because 1. Posters on the site have always been predominantly (and peculiarly) pro-Hill. 2. It includes votes from people who don't actually attend matches or do so intermittently, and so are largely spared the pain of Hill's 'No-fun football' 3. It doesn't include those who are so disillusioned that they have walked away or, likewise, came to Spotland once or twice, witnessed the tripe on show, and ran to the hills.

Excellent post, especially the taking the fun out of being a Dale fan. That has gone a long time ago

I’ve been a Rochdale fan for 27 years and am seriously debating calling it quits - I’ll just look out for results on TV.

KH - you’ve won
Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 19:06 - Dec 17 with 1650 viewsMoonyDale

Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 17:46 - Dec 17 by James1980

I am not saying Hill can do no wrong. Any bashing however is direct at those who come across that he can do no right, that appear to be so desperate that he is sacked.
Yes unless he does something that brings the club into disrepute, stick with him. He got us out the mire last season, if we got relegated, he has the experience to get us back in league 1, plus there is the big question of how much will firing Hill and hiring a new manager cost.

"He got us out of the mire last season" Who got us in the mire?

Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 19:09 - Dec 17 with 1630 viewsNDGN82

Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 19:06 - Dec 17 by MoonyDale

"He got us out of the mire last season" Who got us in the mire?

A manager playing players out of position. Same again this year chaps!
Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 19:30 - Dec 17 with 1582 viewsNDGN82

James1980 - are you honestly enjoying going to the Dale at the moment watching us trying to grind out draws again poor teams with us having no serious goal threat up front??

That’s not down to resources because we have them - we have someone called Henderson who since scoring a hat trick has played all of another hour up front in total!
Hill in or out? 2nd referendum..... on 19:48 - Dec 17 with 1539 viewsdingdangblue

Well we last won at Southend in 1985 so don't hold your breath!

https://www.11v11.com/teams/southend-united/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Rochdal

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024