Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence 00:17 - Jul 27 with 8511 viewsjoecooke

How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence on 03:29 - Jul 27 with 6307 viewskiwidale

I would care so non of those options are for me. Strange as it may seem I would have no sympathies if Bolton go bust however both deserve whats coming.

This is not the time for bickering.

How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence on 08:42 - Jul 27 with 6168 viewsmingthemerciless

I'd care. No particular love for Bury or Bolton but we can't afford teams going out of the league.
How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence on 09:43 - Jul 27 with 6082 viewsMolly

How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence on 08:42 - Jul 27 by mingthemerciless

I'd care. No particular love for Bury or Bolton but we can't afford teams going out of the league.

Surely we can as other teams would simply come into the league. Change is good in terms of fresh competition.
How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence on 09:50 - Jul 27 with 6065 viewssuc

It would be an absolute tragedy if Bury went out of business and lost their league status. It is obvious that the club has been run badly for a number of years, but all that mismanagement has been by people who have had no idea how to run a football club, and we have seen it happen at so many clubs over the years, and it is us the fans that pay the ultimate price.

We have been very lucky here at Rochdale with Fred Ratcliffe, then David Kilpatrick and Chris Dunphy that have all managed the club well and developed it for no personal gain or some sort of vanity project. People that loved the club and not the kudos of the position

However we must remember that it doesn’t take long to cock things up. We should be really thinking we could be in their position but for good fortune..I have no great love for Bury but I have enormous respect for dedicated football fans.....whichever club they support. We could be there one day.
How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence on 09:58 - Jul 27 with 6045 viewsBass1

Yes, it would be a tragedy.
Would you rather Bury away on a wet Tuesday night, or Plymouth or Colchester? Also, we would miss out on a derby day pay day.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2019 9:59]

How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence on 11:12 - Jul 27 with 5930 viewsBigKindo

How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence on 09:58 - Jul 27 by Bass1

Would you rather Bury away on a wet Tuesday night, or Plymouth or Colchester? Also, we would miss out on a derby day pay day.

If and when, perhaps, they are made to hand over the ticket money from the ticket sales at their place.
How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence on 11:45 - Jul 27 with 5862 viewsShun

I’d care. I want them punished (to the point where they’re non-league for half a decade or so), but not to the point of oblivion.
How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence on 11:53 - Jul 27 with 5836 viewsrochdale_ranger

It’s a day out where both sets of fans mingle together and have a bit of banter. It’s a friendly Darby and there is never much trouble. I would rather have them then the scruffs from the other side of Royton. Got a couple of mates who are Bury fans aswell and while they talk shite you can hardly blame them for being duped by Day when we are in an age multi million pound takeovers of football clubs. One of them thought he was a frontman for peel holdings lol.
Login to get fewer ads

How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence on 11:56 - Jul 27 with 5820 viewsfrenzied

How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence on 09:50 - Jul 27 by suc

It would be an absolute tragedy if Bury went out of business and lost their league status. It is obvious that the club has been run badly for a number of years, but all that mismanagement has been by people who have had no idea how to run a football club, and we have seen it happen at so many clubs over the years, and it is us the fans that pay the ultimate price.

We have been very lucky here at Rochdale with Fred Ratcliffe, then David Kilpatrick and Chris Dunphy that have all managed the club well and developed it for no personal gain or some sort of vanity project. People that loved the club and not the kudos of the position

However we must remember that it doesn’t take long to cock things up. We should be really thinking we could be in their position but for good fortune..I have no great love for Bury but I have enormous respect for dedicated football fans.....whichever club they support. We could be there one day.

Bang on...

This never ending dancing on Burys demise is for me distasteful..they have no more moronic fans than we do...they have as many loyal fans as we do..unfortunately they have been financially mis managed..and its the fans and staff that suffer the consequences
How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence on 12:08 - Jul 27 with 5791 viewsD_Alien

How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence on 11:56 - Jul 27 by frenzied

Bang on...

This never ending dancing on Burys demise is for me distasteful..they have no more moronic fans than we do...they have as many loyal fans as we do..unfortunately they have been financially mis managed..and its the fans and staff that suffer the consequences

Not the businesses (including a charity) that will never recover most of the money they were owed for goods & services provided, then? How many bury fans have expressed sympathy for them? A handful? All the financial mismanagement over the years under serial ownership regimes has been conducted with the majority of bury fans egging them on. Not one of them can say they weren't aware of it happening - there's a 160-page thread on here documenting it

No sympathy whatsoever from me for the club. It not only deserves to go out of business, but it really should do, by rights. An example needs to be held up to all other like-minded clubs and their fans. The fact that it'd happen to our nearest neighbours is neither here nor there

As Shun has posted, a demotion way down the pyramid is one solution; my preference would be an end to the current bury fc and starting again

[Post edited 27 Jul 2019 12:17]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence on 12:09 - Jul 27 with 5785 viewsTVOS1907

How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence on 09:58 - Jul 27 by Bass1

... most of which gets swallowed up on extra stewarding and policing.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence on 12:17 - Jul 27 with 5754 viewsfrenzied

How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence on 12:08 - Jul 27 by D_Alien

Not the businesses (including a charity) that will never recover most of the money they were owed for goods & services provided, then? How many bury fans have expressed sympathy for them? A handful? All the financial mismanagement over the years under serial ownership regimes has been conducted with the majority of bury fans egging them on. Not one of them can say they weren't aware of it happening - there's a 160-page thread on here documenting it

No sympathy whatsoever from me for the club. It not only deserves to go out of business, but it really should do, by rights. An example needs to be held up to all other like-minded clubs and their fans. The fact that it'd happen to our nearest neighbours is neither here nor there

As Shun has posted, a demotion way down the pyramid is one solution; my preference would be an end to the current bury fc and starting again

[Post edited 27 Jul 2019 12:17]

What % of Dale fans do you think post anything on this board?...id be amazed if its more than 10%...same for Bury...id never treat anything on here as being truly represensitive of the opinion of the "majority" of fans...its a snap shot nothing more nothing less.
How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence on 12:21 - Jul 27 with 5748 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence on 11:56 - Jul 27 by frenzied

Bang on...

Sorry but any sympathy I may have had evaporated after reading some of the ludicrous & nonsensical garbage on their (now closed to the public) board.
“Enjoy the ride”, remember?
Shame the genuine fans didn’t ask more searching questions when SD1 started sniffing around.
And now it’s everyone else’s fault.
Clubs have previously scraped by on the goodwill / leniency of the courts & the taxman. This can only go in so long however until patience runs out. Any number of clubs might have folded in the last 10-20 years, it just happens that bury could be the first to go.
It could be the wake up call that the game & it’s administrators need to finally get their house in order & implement effective scrutiny on prospective owners.
How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence on 12:23 - Jul 27 with 5732 viewsD_Alien

How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence on 12:17 - Jul 27 by frenzied

What % of Dale fans do you think post anything on this board?...id be amazed if its more than 10%...same for Bury...id never treat anything on here as being truly represensitive of the opinion of the "majority" of fans...its a snap shot nothing more nothing less.

It's a fair point, but even those who don't frequent messageboards can't have failed to be aware of the issues surrounding the financing of their attempts at fraudulently seeking progress on the field. Yes, fraudulently - at the expense of other people's livelihoods

Anyone who is a keen fan wouldn't just turn up on matchday, they'd be following issues in the press, in discussions with their mates, etc. Trying to excuse them because they mightn't be aware of this messageboard is no excuse whatsoever

Have a thought for the people who've been defrauded of money. If you ran a business, or were an employee of one, i'm pretty sure you wouldn't be feeling much sympathy. Let's put the sympathy in the right place - once and for all
[Post edited 27 Jul 2019 12:24]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence on 12:26 - Jul 27 with 5718 viewsphilofOAFC

I'd be devastated if any traditional old league club went out of existence. Whilst I have no sympathy with Bury or Bolton football clubs for the way they have been run, its a really sad state of affairs in which the vast majority of their fans are totally blameless. I am not that convinced Oldham aren't going down the same route as Bury or Bolton.
Would hate to see old rivals go - hated the Wanderers from the 1970s but feel for their 10,000 or so diehards.
Always championed the Dale's cause in their hard times of the mid-late 1970s and was always grateful to see them safe in their bad old days, hoping Bury & Bolton survive somehow but learn their lesson of how to compete on a fair basis (not going to happen)
How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence on 12:34 - Jul 27 with 5695 viewskel

How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence on 11:53 - Jul 27 by rochdale_ranger

It’s a day out where both sets of fans mingle together and have a bit of banter. It’s a friendly Darby and there is never much trouble. I would rather have them then the scruffs from the other side of Royton. Got a couple of mates who are Bury fans aswell and while they talk shite you can hardly blame them for being duped by Day when we are in an age multi million pound takeovers of football clubs. One of them thought he was a frontman for peel holdings lol.

That simpleton PDIDDY use to peddle the peel holdings line as well whilst trying to lord it over us on here. Only when he had spare time from tonguing Stewies arse though.

#mrday
How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence on 13:04 - Jul 27 with 5615 viewsscarrow

Tbh any sympathy has long disappeared. They dont live within there means they've ripped of charities and local businesses and been mismanaged by idiots. Still though a proportion of the fans (like the 2 new posters above) claim tragedy and it'd be a disaster. I for one hope the EFL give them the boot but as the EFL are useless I fully expect them to bury their heads in the sand as per usual.

Poll: Final position

How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence on 13:22 - Jul 27 with 5556 viewsfrenzied

just seen a quote from Mike Ashley claiming Rafa was" money first club last"...that's gone well then?
How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence on 13:25 - Jul 27 with 5554 viewssince58

The only sympathy I have is for all the businesses and sole traders who have lost out.
Bury and BWFC can both go the wall as far as im concerned.they deserve everything
coming to them and more beside.
How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence on 13:57 - Jul 27 with 5469 viewsmikehunt

They have to go or they will have been rewarded for their crookedness. Examples finally have to be made.
I have to laugh at their fans slagging the EFL off. What do they expect them to do? Bail them out? Jeez! The EFL are their best mates! They have bent over backwards with their leniency (incompetence) to give them the maximum time to sort themselves out. The rest of us (I speak metaphorically) wanted the buggers out ages ago.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence on 13:57 - Jul 27 with 5467 viewsnordenblue

How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence on 12:34 - Jul 27 by kel

That simpleton PDIDDY use to peddle the peel holdings line as well whilst trying to lord it over us on here. Only when he had spare time from tonguing Stewies arse though.

#mrday

I wonder if pdiddy is still banging Mr Day now the prawn sarnies have all dried up and its all properly come to light.

Enjoy the ride gigglers and don't forget those you pissed off gloating with players you could never afford on the way up,are all still here laughing hysterically at you on your way back down.
How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence on 16:54 - Jul 27 with 5253 viewsjonahwhereru

Those running the club are a disgrace. The thoughtful fans, some of who like “barrystange” (I think) contribute on here I feel empathy towards. The club is being torn apart and they are virtually powerless to stop the carnage.
Besides my dad has numerous trials with Bury, which he still recalls with fondness.
How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence on 18:53 - Jul 27 with 5109 viewsrochdale_ranger

How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence on 12:34 - Jul 27 by kel

#mrday

I remember asking at the time “why would they need a front man” and got a load of nonsense back.
How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence on 12:44 - Jul 28 with 4864 viewsBFC1885

How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence on 09:43 - Jul 27 by Molly

Surely we can as other teams would simply come into the league. Change is good in terms of fresh competition.

Crawley Town?
Forest Green Veggies?
Stevenage?
Class of 92 fc?

Next up could be exciting trips to the football hotspots like
Boring Wood?
FC Kirkham of the Fylde?
Solihull Moors?
Maidenhead?

Not really like for like changes are they?

Most of the traditional type clubs that are struggling are in the north or midlands and the upcoming clubs with money to burn are largely in the south, mirrors what is happening in the country in general I suppose
[Post edited 28 Jul 2019 12:57]
How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence on 14:45 - Jul 28 with 4756 viewsmikehunt

In some ways academic as we are often not in the same division.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024