Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boston Away Monday 16th Dec 14:08 - Dec 3 with 26192 viewschuckleberry

Date Confirmed / free travel!
Boston Away Monday 16th Dec on 21:28 - Dec 16 with 3001 viewsSheffdale

Never an easy listen but well done Dale!
Boston Away Monday 16th Dec on 21:29 - Dec 16 with 2977 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Get in. Very happy with that win, even if we weren’t good.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Boston Away Monday 16th Dec on 21:30 - Dec 16 with 2960 viewsdownunder

Kerching! These days it is an electronic "Beep", but there is even less emotion in that than Kerching.
Safe journey home for those that traveled.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2019 21:31]
Boston Away Monday 16th Dec on 21:30 - Dec 16 with 2939 viewsDale23years

Boston Away Monday 16th Dec on 21:29 - Dec 16 by foreverhopefulDale

Get in. Very happy with that win, even if we weren’t good.

Looked a different team when Dooley came on
Very Gritty performance

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Boston Away Monday 16th Dec on 21:31 - Dec 16 with 2923 viewstony_roch975

Ditto - it was a hard listen, must have been a harder watch live - respect to those who travelled

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Boston Away Monday 16th Dec on 21:31 - Dec 16 with 2916 viewsKenBoon

We pushed our luck again. Another big pay day ahead. The mugs will be on order. Time to back the manager in January.
Boston Away Monday 16th Dec on 21:32 - Dec 16 with 2888 viewselectricblue

Thats £100k in the bank......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Boston Away Monday 16th Dec on 21:32 - Dec 16 with 2858 viewssweetcorn

I think it's safe to say we got away with one there.

Whilst we had the better of the first half, we had nothing like the spell which Boston had against us, they'll be gutted to concede the 2 they did.

Done was anonymous, Ryan thinks he's xavi, Wilbraham works hard but doesn't have much left to offer except hard work.

First thing I'd do if i was BBM would be send Pyke back to Huddersfield. He doesn't seem to have the heart for this level of football. Very lazy performance from him tonight.

The toon army is rolling into spotland. Get the mugs ordered!!

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Login to get fewer ads

Boston Away Monday 16th Dec on 21:34 - Dec 16 with 2783 viewsDaleiLama

Boston Away Monday 16th Dec on 21:31 - Dec 16 by KenBoon

We pushed our luck again. Another big pay day ahead. The mugs will be on order. Time to back the manager in January.

I just hope it's a case of playing to the level of the opposition and it continues into the next round

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Boston Away Monday 16th Dec on 21:35 - Dec 16 with 2784 viewssweetcorn

Oh and the second thing I'd be doing is using that 100k we've just made to try and sign that thewlis..

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Boston Away Monday 16th Dec on 21:35 - Dec 16 with 2764 viewssince58

Well done,new faces needed in jan transfer window tho.
Boston Away Monday 16th Dec on 21:35 - Dec 16 with 2756 viewsD_Alien

Boston Away Monday 16th Dec on 21:32 - Dec 16 by sweetcorn

Whilst we had the better of the first half, we had nothing like the spell which Boston had against us, they'll be gutted to concede the 2 they did.

Done was anonymous, Ryan thinks he's xavi, Wilbraham works hard but doesn't have much left to offer except hard work.

First thing I'd do if i was BBM would be send Pyke back to Huddersfield. He doesn't seem to have the heart for this level of football. Very lazy performance from him tonight.

Have to agree about Pyke

There's got to be better options in the loan market, he'll be plying his trade outside the football league the way he's been performing

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Boston Away Monday 16th Dec on 21:36 - Dec 16 with 2723 viewsRochdale_ger

I didnt think we played that badly (I watched on TV) we were however totally unremarkable.
Boston Away Monday 16th Dec on 21:36 - Dec 16 with 2709 viewsShun

Pretty even game but we just slightly edged it. Boston had a good 20 minute spell at the start of the first half which was the best either side played in either game, but other than that we were slightly better.

Our midfield three were poor, and Pyke was terrible. O’Connell was excellent and Sanchez, as mentioned by DA, really impressed. Matheson got bullied a bit but, as is the norm IMO, he looked far better going forwards and he did well for the second goal. Dooley played really well when he came on and his return is going to be a huge boost.
Boston Away Monday 16th Dec on 21:39 - Dec 16 with 2656 viewstodmordendale

Agree with you sweet corn. Thewliss always looked a danger.
Bring on the Toon
Boston Away Monday 16th Dec on 21:42 - Dec 16 with 2603 viewsnordenblue

Agree totally about Pyke,apart from the shot that hit the post the amount of times he over runs routine balls is embarrassing,Wilbraham for all his experience offered next to nothing,won't be too harsh as I'm guessing his heads not in a good place at all so fair play to him throwing his name in the hat to even play after recent events.

Some of the touches and passing second half was terrible, Sanchez was top class and very good with the high balls especially,Dooley pulled players out and changed the game with his movement.

Dodged a massive bullet there as at 1.1 you could only see Boston going on to score a second.
Boston Away Monday 16th Dec on 21:43 - Dec 16 with 2582 viewsRotherhamDale

Terrible performance.

Why is Wilbraham on the left wing?
Done may as well have been at home.
Jimmy Ryan can't pass.
And Pyke... wow. What a horrific footballer. Dont think he kept the ball once. Get rid ASAP.

It says something when we end up with a back 5 and Calvin is the main man in the middle.

Possession with progression.

Boston Away Monday 16th Dec on 22:00 - Dec 16 with 2363 viewsScunnydale

I can only agree with the comments about Pyke. I was really hoping he'd be subbed for Tavares or Baah. Or even sent off, for all the use he was.

Thankfully, our other loanees were solid (RND) and excellent (Sanchez). Thought Morley did as well as anyone outside our back five, and Alby put in a solid shift in about 9 positions (except goalkeeper and, infuriatingly, striker).

It was a really tough watch. The pitch and Boston's ambitious attempts to get free-kicks/penalties didn't help, but neither did we.
Boston Away Monday 16th Dec on 22:02 - Dec 16 with 2344 viewsrochdaleriddler

Boston Away Monday 16th Dec on 21:43 - Dec 16 by RotherhamDale

Terrible performance.

Why is Wilbraham on the left wing?
Done may as well have been at home.
Jimmy Ryan can't pass.
And Pyke... wow. What a horrific footballer. Dont think he kept the ball once. Get rid ASAP.

It says something when we end up with a back 5 and Calvin is the main man in the middle.

Our passing was substandard, especially in our own half, we let them in time and again. Pike doesn’t offer himself, and pulls out of challenges. We were lucky to win, but we are through, and that’s the main thing. Should be home for 1.30!

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Boston Away Monday 16th Dec on 22:15 - Dec 16 with 2204 viewsbocadave

Thewlis was everything Matt Done isn't,and is just what we need. Get him signed up.
Boston Away Monday 16th Dec on 22:15 - Dec 16 with 2193 viewsfrenzied

Just glad we are thro..and another full house at Spotland and tv money again from Bt Sport..
Boston Away Monday 16th Dec on 22:18 - Dec 16 with 2161 viewsdawlishdale

Done and Pyke were hopeless...Done especially, as at least Pyke had a shot.

O,Connell and Sanchez were the stand out players for us, but Boston were very unfortunate not to at least take it to penalties. Cant believe Shun saying we were better overall.

I reckon we will make between £250-300k from the FA Cup this season...add this to the £500k from the Carabao cup and the pressure is really on the board to back BBM in January...because the squad as it stands isn't good enough.
Boston Away Monday 16th Dec on 22:31 - Dec 16 with 2049 views_Windydale

Pyke was infuriating to watch. I think he has an eye for goal and a good player on his day, but his body language is one who's been playing in a muddy training match in piss poor rain dreaming of a shower and home. He'll only bring himself into action with the ball is to his feet. Stands way off his man when there is an aerial challenge to be made.

Defensively we were great. O'Connell was great and lifts the team. Sanchez proved reliable today and bossed his area.

Dooley. I'm glad he's back.

Get Rathbone back too and games might start to become more interesting.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2019 22:35]
Boston Away Monday 16th Dec on 22:36 - Dec 16 with 2012 views49thseason

Done has zero pace left in his legs, it was his main attribute and without pace he can hardly claim to be a footballer. Ryan has left his best years behind him and Pike doesn't seem interested in using either his pace or physical size and will learn little from Wilbraham
I understand the idea of having some senior pros to help the kids, we just need better senior pros. McShane is a big miss at the moment and getting Dooley back on the pitch was a big positive and seemed to help Camps and Morley. We need two forwards in January who have pace and know where the goals are, but I guess then thats what most teams are looking for at this level.
Boston Away Monday 16th Dec on 22:48 - Dec 16 with 1928 viewsSandyman

Wouldn't be so harsh on Done - he did some good things. O'Connell MOTM without doubt.
The ref 2nd half was madly towards Boston but he had to give that penalty. Unimpressive by Dale against a rag tag Boston team but we're through. NUFC at home on telly with big payday.

And on that date bury are........

......living on memories in a tap room somewhere having been kicked out of the competition TWICE for cheating.

Alpha Dale

PS Edit - Pyke was awful - send him back
[Post edited 16 Dec 2019 22:49]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024