Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is the Newcastle game over priced? 19:07 - Dec 18 with 12861 viewsRAFC1907

Is the Newcastle game over priced?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Bottomley...

Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 03:52 - Dec 19 with 2050 viewsJames1980

Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 19:23 - Dec 18 by RAFC1907

Yes they will end up going like myself included. But will those floating fans ever come back to a league game?

And once the loyal fans patience has run out will they continue to be fleeced?

I was going to buy a shirt this Christmas but I've decided not to now, I also won't be purchasing nothing on the day of a game, not because I can't afford it but out of principle.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2019 19:24]

Perhaps the ticket for this match could be used as a voucher in the club shop including money off a league match ticket, would that make the ticket price easier to swallow?
Also would the price be more acceptable if our league form was better and we were pushing for a top 6 spot?
Taking that into consideration, was one of the issues with the gala dinner that when it was announced. There was a distinct possibility of relegation and that was something any right thinking fan wanted to 'celebrate'
Thankfully we are still in league one and through to the 3rd round of the Cup with a game against Premier league opposition, be interesting to see what price the tickets at St James's Park will be if there is a replay.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 06:03 - Dec 19 with 2011 viewsBartRowou

I'm still owed for half a Bradford friendly. It soon mounts up.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 08:24 - Dec 19 with 1928 viewsfermin

Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 23:08 - Dec 18 by 49thseason

Other clubs are offering the cost of the missing game against the cost of next seasons tickets:
https://www.oufc.co.uk/news/2019/october/bury-missing-game/
https://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/2019/september/news-season-ticket-holders-to-get-dis

Those statements are so similar in wording that it makes you wonder if the League issued a template. However, Portsmouth's is different:

https://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/2019/november/portsmouth-fc-statement-bury-m

In answer to another question, Oxford's adult season tickets are £299 to £400 (£26 on matchday in the top tier of their main stand). https://www.oufc.co.uk/tickets/season-tickets/

Coventry are doing reduced price season tickets this year because of the ground share. Last year their adult early bird season tickets were £299 to £368

Portsmouth early bird season tickets were £389 (full price £439) https://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/siteassets/pdfs/201920/201920stform.pdf Matchday price is £26.
Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 08:54 - Dec 19 with 1883 viewsdingdangblue

Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 08:24 - Dec 19 by fermin

Those statements are so similar in wording that it makes you wonder if the League issued a template. However, Portsmouth's is different:

https://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/2019/november/portsmouth-fc-statement-bury-m

In answer to another question, Oxford's adult season tickets are £299 to £400 (£26 on matchday in the top tier of their main stand). https://www.oufc.co.uk/tickets/season-tickets/

Coventry are doing reduced price season tickets this year because of the ground share. Last year their adult early bird season tickets were £299 to £368

Portsmouth early bird season tickets were £389 (full price £439) https://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/siteassets/pdfs/201920/201920stform.pdf Matchday price is £26.

Average wage Rochdale: 22k
Average wage Portsmouth: 28k
Average wage Oxford: 30k

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 10:30 - Dec 19 with 1820 viewsBigKindo

Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 03:52 - Dec 19 by James1980

Perhaps the ticket for this match could be used as a voucher in the club shop including money off a league match ticket, would that make the ticket price easier to swallow?
Also would the price be more acceptable if our league form was better and we were pushing for a top 6 spot?
Taking that into consideration, was one of the issues with the gala dinner that when it was announced. There was a distinct possibility of relegation and that was something any right thinking fan wanted to 'celebrate'
Thankfully we are still in league one and through to the 3rd round of the Cup with a game against Premier league opposition, be interesting to see what price the tickets at St James's Park will be if there is a replay.

A Toon season ticket holder friend told me that in the early rounds at St. James they normally charge £15 for adults and £ 10 for concessions.
Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 10:33 - Dec 19 with 1815 viewsAncoats_Blue

Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 10:30 - Dec 19 by BigKindo

A Toon season ticket holder friend told me that in the early rounds at St. James they normally charge £15 for adults and £ 10 for concessions.

Most PL clubs charge peanuts for Cup games. NUFC can actually afford to give away half season tickets for free. Attendances are a pittance of PL clubs income.
The income from cup runs are season changing for a lot of clubs down here.
NUFC can afford to charge A tenner and safely assume 20-30k will turn up even for an unnatractive game. 50k for an attractive one. We can’t.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2019 10:35]
Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 10:46 - Dec 19 with 1787 viewsJames1980

Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 10:30 - Dec 19 by BigKindo

Getting ahead of myself here but what would our allocation be in the event of a replay?
At £15 a ticket would we sell out our allocation?

Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 10:49 - Dec 19 with 1776 viewsTVOS1907

Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 10:46 - Dec 19 by James1980

Getting ahead of myself here but what would our allocation be in the event of a replay?
At £15 a ticket would we sell out our allocation?

Thousands and yes.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Login to get fewer ads

Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 11:06 - Dec 19 with 1759 viewsJames1980

Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 10:49 - Dec 19 by TVOS1907

Thousands and yes.

Hopefully in the event of a replay the prices aren't much more than that.

Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 11:20 - Dec 19 with 1737 viewsTVOS1907

Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 11:06 - Dec 19 by James1980

Hopefully in the event of a replay the prices aren't much more than that.

You'd better set off now, James.

Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 11:48 - Dec 19 with 1720 viewstony_roch975

guess what the country's as divided on Dale's pricing policy as everything else

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 12:14 - Dec 19 with 1675 viewsDickydaler

Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 06:03 - Dec 19 by BartRowou

I'm still owed for half a Bradford friendly. It soon mounts up.

To be fair they did offer a free checkawhotsit game if you wanted.
Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 12:16 - Dec 19 with 1660 viewsJames1980

Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 11:20 - Dec 19 by TVOS1907

You'd better set off now, James.

Hopefully Santa brings me a bike for Christmas

Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 12:22 - Dec 19 with 1646 viewselectricblue

A ticket with a price of £27 just to park your arse in the main stand is shocking......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 17:03 - Dec 19 with 1542 viewsRAFC1907

Well done to the club staff for voting No and to the numpty who's made several accounts to vote No...

I guess we will just let the attendance do the talking...

Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 17:06 - Dec 19 with 1534 viewsisitme

Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 17:03 - Dec 19 by RAFC1907

Well done to the club staff for voting No and to the numpty who's made several accounts to vote No...

I guess we will just let the attendance do the talking...

I voted no and do not work for the club and I do not have several accounts, I just have a different opinion to you, as do others who do not agree with you.

The difference is that I respect your opinion even though it is different to mine.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2019 17:07]
Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 17:08 - Dec 19 with 1523 viewsRAFC1907

Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 17:06 - Dec 19 by isitme

I voted no and do not work for the club and I do not have several accounts, I just have a different opinion to you, as do others who do not agree with you.

The difference is that I respect your opinion even though it is different to mine.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2019 17:07]

You can take it personally if you like, that's upto you.

As I said we will let the attendance do the talking.

Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 17:28 - Dec 19 with 1476 viewsisitme

Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 17:08 - Dec 19 by RAFC1907

You can take it personally if you like, that's upto you.

As I said we will let the attendance do the talking.

I don't take offence and understand your argument, what I take issue with is you labelling everyone who disagrees with you as a numpty or someone who works from the club. That sort of approach seems to work really well, maybe the next labour leader could insult everyone who disagrees with then!
[Post edited 19 Dec 2019 17:28]
Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 17:47 - Dec 19 with 1427 viewsRAFC1907

Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 17:28 - Dec 19 by isitme

I don't take offence and understand your argument, what I take issue with is you labelling everyone who disagrees with you as a numpty or someone who works from the club. That sort of approach seems to work really well, maybe the next labour leader could insult everyone who disagrees with then!
[Post edited 19 Dec 2019 17:28]

I haven't labelled everyone a numpty who said no, so please can you show me where it states that...

I also never mentioned everyone who voted works for the club...

I am sure the club staff, volunteers, trust members will have voted no however they may get their tickets for free or at a reduced rate.

What I do know is that several people on here have more than one account.

It was 24 votes to 3 at one stage yesterday... So it's very strange that all of a sudden another 40 people have logged on to vote... As there are never that many people on the board for any discussion.

Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 18:06 - Dec 19 with 1395 viewstony_roch975

Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 17:47 - Dec 19 by RAFC1907

I haven't labelled everyone a numpty who said no, so please can you show me where it states that...

I am sure the club staff, volunteers, trust members will have voted no however they may get their tickets for free or at a reduced rate.

It was 24 votes to 3 at one stage yesterday... So it's very strange that all of a sudden another 40 people have logged on to vote... As there are never that many people on the board for any discussion.

are you saying Supporters Trust members get free or reduced rate tickets - as a Trust member that's news to me.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 18:12 - Dec 19 with 1378 viewsTVOS1907

Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 17:47 - Dec 19 by RAFC1907

You're making a lot of assumptions with zero foundation.

I voted "yes" (which contradicts another of your assumptions), but tomorrow I'll be up at Spotland with the season ticket I paid full price for last summer, together with £25, to secure my seat in the TDS.

I hope that's acceptable to you.

Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 18:17 - Dec 19 with 1363 viewsRAFC1907

Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 18:12 - Dec 19 by TVOS1907

You're making a lot of assumptions with zero foundation.

I voted "yes" (which contradicts another of your assumptions), but tomorrow I'll be up at Spotland with the season ticket I paid full price for last summer, together with £25, to secure my seat in the TDS.

I hope that's acceptable to you.

I love how everyone lives to argue

Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 18:18 - Dec 19 with 1358 viewsTVOS1907

Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 18:17 - Dec 19 by RAFC1907

I love how everyone lives to argue

Who's arguing?

Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 18:19 - Dec 19 with 1360 viewsRAFC1907

Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 18:06 - Dec 19 by tony_roch975

are you saying Supporters Trust members get free or reduced rate tickets - as a Trust member that's news to me.

I know people who get free tickets who are on the trust.

Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 18:22 - Dec 19 with 1347 viewsRAFC1907

Is the Newcastle game over priced? on 18:18 - Dec 19 by TVOS1907

Who's arguing?

Your assuming I have no assumptions with zero foundation ;)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024