Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Liverpool/VAR 17:31 - Dec 29 with 4308 viewsBicester_North

Anyone see the 2 decisions that have gone Liverpool’s way today? Both harsh on Wolves. The pieces of shit have had these go their way all season it seems. Can’t be disputed they’ve been the best team in the league but the decisions they’ve been getting take the piss.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Liverpool/VAR on 16:26 - Jan 2 with 528 viewsDorsetIan

Liverpool/VAR on 14:11 - Jan 2 by Messysaints

Just think about Wat you are saying and want, you want
1/ offside to only count when exactly? Afterv1 inch? 10? 50 inches? Upto the ref? Shall we just ask a random person out side the stadium? Or is it how it is now? Offside is off side?

2/ goal line....Wat about goal line? That's done by the width of a hair. We making that inches too?

3/ Corners? Shall we make the lines that define the pitch move a few inches here n their? Or do players just keep the ball inside?

When will they just randomly at random for random teams and players give them a few extrs inches fullstop? Or is this upto the reffs to?

Why not just leave it how it is and use the rules as they should be used for the main benefit of FAIR PLAY TO ALLLLLLLLLLLLLL.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2020 14:15]

The linesman should decide, and unless the decision is clearly and obviously wrong, it should stand.

The first part of that rules is how football is played in 99.99999% of games around the world where there is no VAR.

The second part is how VAR is meant to work. 'Clear and obvious' should be defined to mean 'as seen with the naked eye from the side of the pitch by a competent linesman'.

We can't have computers deciding football games.

It's not really that difficult or controversial.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Liverpool/VAR on 16:57 - Jan 2 with 509 viewsMessysaints

Liverpool/VAR on 16:26 - Jan 2 by DorsetIan

The linesman should decide, and unless the decision is clearly and obviously wrong, it should stand.

The first part of that rules is how football is played in 99.99999% of games around the world where there is no VAR.

The second part is how VAR is meant to work. 'Clear and obvious' should be defined to mean 'as seen with the naked eye from the side of the pitch by a competent linesman'.

We can't have computers deciding football games.

It's not really that difficult or controversial.

Then it's not a sport no more.

Amazing how for years and years strikers have been applauded for beating off side traps, now they really have to beat it and suddenly it's to hard and complicated and it needs to be easier. Screw that, and screw football.
Liverpool/VAR on 17:00 - Jan 2 with 499 viewsDorsetIan

Liverpool/VAR on 16:57 - Jan 2 by Messysaints

Amazing how for years and years strikers have been applauded for beating off side traps, now they really have to beat it and suddenly it's to hard and complicated and it needs to be easier. Screw that, and screw football.

If it's not offside, it's not offside, whatever some geek in Stockley Park thinks.

Liverpool/VAR on 17:12 - Jan 2 with 490 viewsHeisenberg

Liverpool/VAR on 16:57 - Jan 2 by Messysaints

Maybe snooker is more suitable for you ?

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Liverpool/VAR on 17:22 - Jan 2 with 482 viewsMessysaints

Liverpool/VAR on 17:00 - Jan 2 by DorsetIan

If it's not offside, it's not offside, whatever some geek in Stockley Park thinks.

A min a go you said it was a computer.

If it's offside it's offside, you either onside or not, no middle markers or grey areas and the rules do point this out. Not my fault your to thick to understand the rules, any part of the body not including hand or arms or hair is offside.

It does not say attackers can not beat the offside trap score a goal and be given the goal. It says it should be scrubbed out. Rules mate. I k ow it's hard for thick people to understand basic stuff, reason why it's not up for refs opinion is likely cause the reffs won't see it, how can a ref give a decision on some thing he can not possibly see, or is that to complicated for you?.

It is why we have linesmen, and they have admitted them self's they are not accurate and the past shows this.

If you give a ref the power to over turn the rules at their decresion then he is now the rule maker not enforcer...

Next thing on the list will be needing the ball to cross the goal line by such n such inches cause vvd was an Inch short of stopping a goal line clearance and klopp was not happy cause we had no margin if error on it. It's either a goal or not and that's not good enough.....
Liverpool/VAR on 17:31 - Jan 2 with 463 viewsDorsetIan

Liverpool/VAR on 17:22 - Jan 2 by Messysaints

A min a go you said it was a computer.

If it's offside it's offside, you either onside or not, no middle markers or grey areas and the rules do point this out. Not my fault your to thick to understand the rules, any part of the body not including hand or arms or hair is offside.

It does not say attackers can not beat the offside trap score a goal and be given the goal. It says it should be scrubbed out. Rules mate. I k ow it's hard for thick people to understand basic stuff, reason why it's not up for refs opinion is likely cause the reffs won't see it, how can a ref give a decision on some thing he can not possibly see, or is that to complicated for you?.

It is why we have linesmen, and they have admitted them self's they are not accurate and the past shows this.

If you give a ref the power to over turn the rules at their decresion then he is now the rule maker not enforcer...

Next thing on the list will be needing the ball to cross the goal line by such n such inches cause vvd was an Inch short of stopping a goal line clearance and klopp was not happy cause we had no margin if error on it. It's either a goal or not and that's not good enough.....

I agree with you. You are either offside or you are not. VAR is calling people offside who aren't offside. It's as simple as that.

I understand the rule very well and rules don't exist in the abstract, they also have to be applied in practice. I say that the linesman should decide whether the rule has been broken. Not a geek, computer, video screen or someone in a room possibly hundreds of miles away from the game who cannot have abuse shouted at them from the fans when they screw up.

And if you want a check, you can have VAR to overturn 'clear and obvious errors' only. And what is clear and obvious should be just from the perspective of a reasonably competent linesman, not a piece of graph paper.

Liverpool/VAR on 17:57 - Jan 2 with 450 viewsMessysaints

Liverpool/VAR on 17:31 - Jan 2 by DorsetIan

I agree with you. You are either offside or you are not. VAR is calling people offside who aren't offside. It's as simple as that.

I understand the rule very well and rules don't exist in the abstract, they also have to be applied in practice. I say that the linesman should decide whether the rule has been broken. Not a geek, computer, video screen or someone in a room possibly hundreds of miles away from the game who cannot have abuse shouted at them from the fans when they screw up.

And if you want a check, you can have VAR to overturn 'clear and obvious errors' only. And what is clear and obvious should be just from the perspective of a reasonably competent linesman, not a piece of graph paper.

Faster camaras. Told you already, football 50 fps, cricket 4000+ fps, American football 10000 fps, f1 500k fps my mobile phone 32.7 fps... Use tools not suitable for the job you will get mistakes or not do the job properly, square pegs round holes and all that....

And you can not be onside while offside simple fact, just like you can't be offside while onside, just like a goal is not scored till the full ball has crossed the line and not inches before or after, just like it's a throw when cthe full ball crosses the line, it's offside is your closer to the goal than the last defender when the ball is played and you are involved in the play, not after 1 Inch or 2, if the camaras are making mistakes cause fifa are cheap and didn't think that 50 fps was to small of frames to identify accurately. I am sure if they looked at other sports for 5 min, even snooker games have a 10 k fps camara for showing the spin on the cue ball, why is football using camaras that are 20+ years out dated for the job being asked of them.

But the rules don't need changing the camaras just need upgrading..

Pretty shocking to have 50 fps when you can get a million fps camaras from your Sony store/ pc world...
[Post edited 2 Jan 2020 17:59]
Liverpool/VAR on 18:07 - Jan 2 with 435 viewsHeisenberg

Liverpool/VAR on 17:57 - Jan 2 by Messysaints

Faster camaras. Told you already, football 50 fps, cricket 4000+ fps, American football 10000 fps, f1 500k fps my mobile phone 32.7 fps... Use tools not suitable for the job you will get mistakes or not do the job properly, square pegs round holes and all that....

And you can not be onside while offside simple fact, just like you can't be offside while onside, just like a goal is not scored till the full ball has crossed the line and not inches before or after, just like it's a throw when cthe full ball crosses the line, it's offside is your closer to the goal than the last defender when the ball is played and you are involved in the play, not after 1 Inch or 2, if the camaras are making mistakes cause fifa are cheap and didn't think that 50 fps was to small of frames to identify accurately. I am sure if they looked at other sports for 5 min, even snooker games have a 10 k fps camara for showing the spin on the cue ball, why is football using camaras that are 20+ years out dated for the job being asked of them.

But the rules don't need changing the camaras just need upgrading..

Pretty shocking to have 50 fps when you can get a million fps camaras from your Sony store/ pc world...
[Post edited 2 Jan 2020 17:59]

So if we get these cameras you would be happy for them to pick up a player was offside by a half inch or so if that was the correct decision ? Stop the game, stop the fans celebrating, we must get it 100 per cent spot on every time ?

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'

Login to get fewer ads

Liverpool/VAR on 18:17 - Jan 2 with 422 viewsMessysaints

Liverpool/VAR on 18:07 - Jan 2 by Heisenberg

So if we get these cameras you would be happy for them to pick up a player was offside by a half inch or so if that was the correct decision ? Stop the game, stop the fans celebrating, we must get it 100 per cent spot on every time ?

Yes, I hate it, but rather know we lost or won cause we deserve to not because the ref likes us so gave us a 10 yard offside while scrubbing the other sides perfectly good goal off for offside when it was 10 yards onside.

But even before var that happens, player scores runs off fans go wild wait wait wait no linesmen ruled it offside.... No way did that really happen? Yeah it did, it happened last game too against spurs......

Correct decision over inpatients every day....
Liverpool/VAR on 18:35 - Jan 2 with 408 viewsHeisenberg

Liverpool/VAR on 18:17 - Jan 2 by Messysaints

Yes, I hate it, but rather know we lost or won cause we deserve to not because the ref likes us so gave us a 10 yard offside while scrubbing the other sides perfectly good goal off for offside when it was 10 yards onside.

But even before var that happens, player scores runs off fans go wild wait wait wait no linesmen ruled it offside.... No way did that really happen? Yeah it did, it happened last game too against spurs......

Correct decision over inpatients every day....

Bobby Stokes 1976 was the greatest footballing moment of my life. When we scored I went completely nuts. Oh hang on VAR stops that great moment. We all have to calm down and wait whilst they get a tape measure out. Goal stands or Bobby is offside either way the moment is lost. Oh well at least they got it right. Not for me. Give me the magical uninterrupted moment every time.

And in your world why not use VAR to decide fouls,throw ins or corners. After all they could all goals.

Just use VAR for absolute howlers.

Liverpool/VAR on 18:56 - Jan 2 with 402 viewsMessysaints

Liverpool/VAR on 18:35 - Jan 2 by Heisenberg

Bobby Stokes 1976 was the greatest footballing moment of my life. When we scored I went completely nuts. Oh hang on VAR stops that great moment. We all have to calm down and wait whilst they get a tape measure out. Goal stands or Bobby is offside either way the moment is lost. Oh well at least they got it right. Not for me. Give me the magical uninterrupted moment every time.

And in your world why not use VAR to decide fouls,throw ins or corners. After all they could all goals.

If it needs be yeah, I don't want to see any saints player given red for going into a tackle hard pulling out of it not even touching the player and getting sent off due to Hollywood level of play acting from th e other team to cheat ( I'll say that world again Cheat) the ref into sending some one off?

Or linesmen waving a perfectly good goal offside in the last min of a cup final game for the play to resume and the ref to blow the whistle? Or would a small 30 sec to show it was a goal so we can celebrate lifting a trophy instead? Yeah ofc... Hypocrite....

Let me guess, this is all dependent on if it's a decision you are OK with yeah?. So if a Liverpool player gets sent off by the ref it's OK, but if a saints player gets sent off by var and they show us 0 contact you OK with th at two?

Just out of curiosity, the other day when var worked for us, did you moan or celebrate after var decided that palace goal was offside? Or was you pissed it got disallowed and we didn't go a goal down?
Liverpool/VAR on 19:27 - Jan 2 with 380 viewssaint68

Liverpool/VAR on 18:35 - Jan 2 by Heisenberg

Had there been VAR at Wembley when we got stitched up by a very incompetent/biased referee then we'd more than likely have a league cup trophy in the cabinet and Gabbiadini would be our new Bobby stokes..

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024