Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Atmosphere 20:44 - Jan 1 with 1121 viewsthis_charming_man

I read a few weeks back a few people say the crowd and the atmosphere doesn’t matter and doesn’t effect the team or result, I suggest those that think that have a listen to this

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Atmosphere on 21:07 - Jan 1 with 1067 viewsA1079

You are right, It does matter TCM, it always has and this link as a good example of it.

It works both ways though and one needs to feed the other and vice versa. McMenemy and Strachan both said, it takes Saints fans a while to get going and they (the players) have to give something, but Saints fans are loyal and will stick with the team. The fans are responding because we have seen the team respond, we have seen that they have not thrown the towel in and are working together.

As for Jack Stephens - I know he is not always the most consummate defender, but he plays with his heart on his sleeve and I could always tell that he has a love for the club he plays for and when he has got it wrong, I am sure it has hurt him as much as it has angered us at times.

I hope the owners etc are watching and will support the manager. If they don't, then the feel good factor which is building will melt away like an ice cream in the summer heat.
Atmosphere on 22:08 - Jan 1 with 968 viewsRipleys_revenge

Well mentioned, yes there has been a lot of talk recently about the atmosphere in the stadium - it was one of the worst I have heard at the Watford game until we somehow turned it around, and since then it has continued to get better and better.

The manager and the players have been quite vocal in recent weeks about the need for good, loud backing. It's ludicrous to suggest that the atmosphere doesn't affect the players, of course it does. Today St Mary's was brilliant, there were times we had our backs against the wall a bit and the chants of Red Army were non-stop. Hadn't heard it like that in a while! Massive credit to the fans for picking things up in recent weeks
Atmosphere on 08:58 - Jan 2 with 789 viewsfranniesTache

I've been one of those that's been pretty vocal about how sh*t our home atmosphere, and the Northam especially, has been in recent years, but credit where credit is due yesterday was class and the Northam outsung the Itchen North for large parts of the game.

Also for any of those that think we need a "kop" (btw we have one it's called the Chapel) yesterday was a perfect example of why we don't.

With both the Itchen North and Northam going for it the Spurs fans couldn't get anything started, and each time they tried one or the other raised their voices, drowned them out and got the others going again.

Also the Oh When The Saints at the end was magnificent, one of the loudest i've heard at St Mary's, it actually sounded like it "bounced" off the back of each stand, built and got louder, even the Chapel Kop was belting it out.
Atmosphere on 09:54 - Jan 2 with 753 viewsSaintNick

Atmosphere on 08:58 - Jan 2 by franniesTache

I've been one of those that's been pretty vocal about how sh*t our home atmosphere, and the Northam especially, has been in recent years, but credit where credit is due yesterday was class and the Northam outsung the Itchen North for large parts of the game.

Also for any of those that think we need a "kop" (btw we have one it's called the Chapel) yesterday was a perfect example of why we don't.

With both the Itchen North and Northam going for it the Spurs fans couldn't get anything started, and each time they tried one or the other raised their voices, drowned them out and got the others going again.

Also the Oh When The Saints at the end was magnificent, one of the loudest i've heard at St Mary's, it actually sounded like it "bounced" off the back of each stand, built and got louder, even the Chapel Kop was belting it out.

Spot on, for the last few years we have had a culture of being too cool to sing, that has to change and it is changing

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Atmosphere on 11:53 - Jan 2 with 684 viewsericofarabia

I can quite easily imagine The Chapel Massive off their collective nuts on Egg Nogs and Ginger Beer wiggin out to this

Atmosphere on 12:37 - Jan 2 with 651 viewsWalkingRosie

Atmosphere on 08:58 - Jan 2 by franniesTache

Northam do your job, Northam, Northam do your job

Atmosphere on 17:11 - Jan 2 with 569 viewsfranniesTache

This made me laugh

http://www.quiz-maker.com/Q2NO32R
Atmosphere on 17:45 - Jan 2 with 542 viewsericofarabia

Atmosphere on 17:11 - Jan 2 by franniesTache

This made me laugh

http://www.quiz-maker.com/Q2NO32R

Well worth the effort to do, some of the options are so true for the old timer terrace goers like me to the cringeworthy EPL knobs of nowadays!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024