Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matt Targett 20:51 - Jan 28 with 1062 viewsgrumpy

I would have liked him to stay with us.
Matt Targett on 21:30 - Jan 28 with 1029 viewsTripleNiemi

I would have liked plenty of others stay with us too......sadly the list would be quite long.

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Matt Targett on 21:43 - Jan 28 with 1016 views1885_SFC

What a shame for those two lovely fellas Brendan & Vardy
[Post edited 28 Jan 2020 21:44]

Old School is Cool

Matt Targett on 06:57 - Jan 29 with 854 viewssaint22

Matt Targett on 21:43 - Jan 28 by 1885_SFC

What a shame for those two lovely fellas Brendan & Vardy
[Post edited 28 Jan 2020 21:44]

agreed, only slightly offset by that racist Terry getting to celebrate
Matt Targett on 08:43 - Jan 29 with 795 viewsSaintNick

Matt Targett on 21:30 - Jan 28 by TripleNiemi

I would have liked plenty of others stay with us too......sadly the list would be quite long.

In the case of Matt Targett I didn't see too many that upset when he left, like many home grown players people don't see their real worth till they are gone and suddenly people change their minds a bit purely based on the fact that someone else wants them

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Matt Targett on 09:15 - Jan 29 with 768 viewsTimSaint

Matt Targett on 08:43 - Jan 29 by SaintNick

In the case of Matt Targett I didn't see too many that upset when he left, like many home grown players people don't see their real worth till they are gone and suddenly people change their minds a bit purely based on the fact that someone else wants them

Targett needed to move and Villa were prepared to pay an over the odds price.

Let's face it, he only played when Bertrand was injured or suspended.

He was an adequate stand in, but nothing fantastic - which he demonstrated on our trip to Villa just before Xmas.

The deal was good for both clubs and the player, so let's all move on and wish him well, apart from when he plays against us again.

TimSaint

Matt Targett on 09:18 - Jan 29 with 767 viewsTripleNiemi

To be fair Nick i was jesting a little with my post. I like Matty Targett but fully get why he went / was moved on (or call it what you like). Yes it left us short if Bertie got injured, but he probably wanted game time and let's be fair, the money was probably handy for us to horse trade for other players.

A few were probably upset when Shaw, Chambers et al went as was I, but not many have improved since their days with us.

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Matt Targett on 09:19 - Jan 29 with 766 viewsgrumpy

You cant generalise like that.
Targett was seen as an up and coming prospect by many and I for one thought bearing in mind who we had to choose from in that position he should have been given more time.
We are very quick to lose good players.
Matt Targett on 09:41 - Jan 29 with 738 viewsericofarabia

As with Chambers ... the money was too good to turn down for somebody who would only play as back up.
What was criminal was not finding an adequate replacement back up.
Login to get fewer ads

Matt Targett on 09:46 - Jan 29 with 733 viewsButty101

Matt Targett on 09:19 - Jan 29 by grumpy

Targett was seen as an up and coming prospect by many and I for one thought bearing in mind who we had to choose from in that position he should have been given more time.

We had to let Targett go, so we could fund the loan of Danso

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Matt Targett on 11:50 - Jan 29 with 671 viewsdarthvader

Cracking goal and performance , good luck to the lad. I hope he scores at Wembley for them against Man citeh (hopefully)
[Post edited 29 Jan 2020 15:46]

keep the faith coyr

Matt Targett on 12:05 - Jan 29 with 653 viewsA1079

Personally, I did think at the time it was a poor decision and I think I said so, at some point on here. At the time, I felt Bertrand was the one that should be moved on as his form and attitude had been indifferent for a little while. It has picked up this season. I guess the reason for Targett going was to try and raise some coffers, but I did think it was a short term decision and gained us little. But, we all make decisions that sometimes come back and bite you - I certainly have, so I am not necessarily criticising the decision.
Matt Targett on 16:25 - Jan 29 with 544 viewsSaintNick

Matt Targett on 09:19 - Jan 29 by grumpy

Approaching 24 in the summer he had stopped being an up and coming prospect and he had to kick on, I liked Targett but he needed to play football he couldn't wait another year for Bertrand to go down hill.

Good luck to him, I wasn't one of those who slagged him off as not good enough

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024