Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gao and Saints' finances 11:23 - Jan 31 with 1243 viewsDorsetIan

There's no evidence (yet) that Gao is asset stripping but we've seen little so far this window to rebut the fear that the club is still strapped for cash.

Much more talk of players leaving than arriving and our 'strengthening' at right back has now just turned into a gamble/potential weakening with the confirmation of Cedric's departure.

It's a good job we've got 31 points already or this board would be in meltdown at the club's lack of ambition.

Wonder if a late arrival is going to surprise us all? The willy-waving by the ITK crowd has been strangely absent so far this month, so its difficult to tell.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Gao and Saints' finances on 11:35 - Jan 31 with 1219 viewsthis_charming_man

Nothing to be ITK on mate. We nearly had a deal done right at the start of the window but that fell through, since then it's been all about Walker-Peters and nothing else which has been in the public domain anyway

[Post edited 31 Jan 2020 11:35]

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Gao and Saints' finances on 11:37 - Jan 31 with 1211 viewsDorsetIan

Gao and Saints' finances on 11:35 - Jan 31 by this_charming_man

Nothing to be ITK on mate. We nearly had a deal done right at the start of the window but that fell through, since then it's been all about Walker-Peters and nothing else which has been in the public domain anyway

Makes sense.

You'd be surprised if anyone else came in today then?

Gao and Saints' finances on 11:43 - Jan 31 with 1202 views1teeminants

Caceras and Danso were late arrivals in previous windows. That went well.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Gao and Saints' finances on 11:49 - Jan 31 with 1189 viewsdirk_doone

Gao and Saints' finances on 11:35 - Jan 31 by this_charming_man

I don't get this obsession with bringing Walker-Peters in on loan for a few months.

If it had been as cover for Cedric, I could have understood it.

If Walker-Peters shows he is good enough at this level, he'll be back to Spurs at the end of the season anyway.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Gao and Saints' finances on 11:53 - Jan 31 with 1175 viewsBuggalugs

Gao and Saints' finances on 11:49 - Jan 31 by dirk_doone

I don't get this obsession with bringing Walker-Peters in on loan for a few months.

If Walker-Peters shows he is good enough at this level, he'll be back to Spurs at the end of the season anyway.

I agree, it's a weird one. We need a right back, so if we rate him, just buy him. A loan with no option achieves nothing, especially when we've let our first choice go in the same window.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Gao and Saints' finances on 11:57 - Jan 31 with 1169 viewsUlsterBaz

Yes it’s bizarre.
Gao and Saints' finances on 12:04 - Jan 31 with 1145 viewsDorsetIan

Gao and Saints' finances on 11:57 - Jan 31 by UlsterBaz

Yes it’s bizarre.

It makes sense if you assume we're strapped for cash. Get a few quid for Cedric while you can (as he's otherwise off on a free in the summer) and get a replacement for him as cheaply as possible.

Got to feel sorry for Ralph. Has worked miracles to turn this team around and is receiving little if any help from Gao.

Gao and Saints' finances on 12:05 - Jan 31 with 1140 views1teeminants

Cedric stated a while ago he didn’t want to be here . He improved his attitude recently and has been one of our better players but Unfortunately this was mostly down to him trying to attract interest from bigger clubs and it worked. Not happy about it but this is Saints isnt it .

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Login to get fewer ads

Gao and Saints' finances on 12:05 - Jan 31 with 1139 viewsdirk_doone

Perhaps our recruitment department were given the following brief for this transfer window:

Ralph says he wants another full-back.

The owners want to make a profit.

We need to show the fans we've at least brought in one new player.

Remember the owners come first.

Gao and Saints' finances on 12:12 - Jan 31 with 1117 viewsdirk_doone

Gao and Saints' finances on 12:04 - Jan 31 by DorsetIan

It makes sense if you assume we're strapped for cash. Get a few quid for Cedric while you can (as he's otherwise off on a free in the summer) and get a replacement for him as cheaply as possible.

Got to feel sorry for Ralph. Has worked miracles to turn this team around and is receiving little if any help from Gao.

As with the ticket office and their mean away ticket allocations, it appears that everybody at the club has been briefed to penny-pinch. It's almost like a poster has been pinned on every office wall with the message: watch the pennies as the owners are watching you!

Gao and Saints' finances on 12:15 - Jan 31 with 1106 viewsSaintsforeverj

The squad situation is just so rediculously thread bare that its difficult not to wonder where the money is going. I could understand Cedric going (as he can leave for free anyway at the end of the season) if we had received a transfer fee from Arsenal, but he has gone on loan! We are then left really short for the rest of the season. So we save about 1m from his wages. Are the finances that tight that we have to be short in order to save 1m at a club that receives net about £200 million plus, every season. Plus with Danso reportedly going too, It does make you wonder what Gao is up to. A few injuries and we will be really short. But let's see if anybody else comes in before the deadline but like you say good job Ralph has performed and got us the points.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Gao and Saints' finances on 12:16 - Jan 31 with 1103 viewsthis_charming_man

I don't get Ralph saying many times before and during the window we need to strengthen the full back postions and we've somehow managed to weaken them.

Gao and Saints' finances on 12:20 - Jan 31 with 1094 viewsSaintsforeverj

Gao and Saints' finances on 12:16 - Jan 31 by this_charming_man

I don't get Ralph saying many times before and during the window we need to strengthen the full back postions and we've somehow managed to weaken them.

Exactly right. Two players leave and one comes in. The one in is just in Spurs shop window too.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2020 12:21]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Gao and Saints' finances on 12:21 - Jan 31 with 1086 viewsdirk_doone

I guess the owners' two objectives for the season are going to be achieved:

1/ Make a profit
2/ Avoid relegation to ensure further profit next season

Gao and Saints' finances on 12:24 - Jan 31 with 1079 viewsUlsterBaz

Strapped for cash would be an understatement. We’d be in an incredibly bad financial position for a PL club if that was the case. £5m plus his wages for the next 5 months or so is peanuts in the grand scheme of things.
Gao and Saints' finances on 12:38 - Jan 31 with 1061 viewssaint22

Its nonsensical and we wont get any explanation, the end less mixed messages speak volumes

No investment where needed in the summer and now further weakening of the squad
If we stay up do we strengthen this summer.......?!
Gao and Saints' finances on 12:44 - Jan 31 with 1047 viewsScoot

Two billionaire owners and we're strapped for cash? A prem team for 8 yrs? Profit every yr? TV money taken out of the club by the owners? What's going on? Why are we not demonstrating outside the ground like the magpies or the mancs? We just seem happy to take the bs.

Poll: Should NJ go?

Gao and Saints' finances on 12:58 - Jan 31 with 1021 viewsBuggalugs

Gao and Saints' finances on 12:44 - Jan 31 by Scoot

Two billionaire owners and we're strapped for cash? A prem team for 8 yrs? Profit every yr? TV money taken out of the club by the owners? What's going on? Why are we not demonstrating outside the ground like the magpies or the mancs? We just seem happy to take the bs.

Get yourself down there then pal.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Gao and Saints' finances on 13:00 - Jan 31 with 1015 viewsI_would

Gao had to put some electric on his card. I'm surprised he didn't sell Ings and Adams.

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

Gao and Saints' finances on 14:53 - Jan 31 with 940 viewsdirk_doone

Gao and Saints' finances on 13:00 - Jan 31 by I_would

Gao had to put some electric on his card. I'm surprised he didn't sell Ings and Adams.

The big player sales usually happen in the summer, just after season ticket renewals. I think the sale of van Dijk was only delayed until January because Gao refused to allow Kat to sell him before he took over, which from his point of view was common sense as van Dijk was the club's biggest asset.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2020 14:55]

Gao and Saints' finances on 15:13 - Jan 31 with 909 viewsthis_charming_man

Gao and Saints' finances on 14:53 - Jan 31 by dirk_doone

The big player sales usually happen in the summer, just after season ticket renewals. I think the sale of van Dijk was only delayed until January because Gao refused to allow Kat to sell him before he took over, which from his point of view was common sense as van Dijk was the club's biggest asset.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2020 14:55]

Yep, Cedric was also going to leave that summer too but the deals both got pulled due to the takeover. We couldn't wait to sell him in January though and manged to do the deal before the transfer window even opened.

Gao and Saints' finances on 15:34 - Jan 31 with 876 viewsRipleys_revenge

I think the best that can be said about this transfer window so that it has been massively underwhelming. Yet again.

Agree with the comments about weakening the overall full back positions when before he window all the chat was about strengthening. Don’t want to jump on the asset stripping bandwagon but the pattern of disappointing transfer windows is unavoidable now. Agree that Ralph is doing wonders with this squad. He’s also being very professional in dealing with things, as I c any imagine he’s at all happy with the situation. My worry is that the longer this goes on the less likely he is to stick around - if we finish this season strongly I can see him being in high demand as soon as this summer.

I get that a rebuild is going on, and the recruitment of Crocker is certainly a step in the right direction. But I’m not sure Ralph signed up for a continual firefighting job - he’ll have been promised some decent investment in the playing squad at some point. So far he really hasn’t been given that, and it’s been three transfer windows already. He’s being forced to paper over the cracks every time, plastering up the playing squad and hoping for a better / more permanent result in the subsequent transfer window.

For me there are still massive question marks over the owners intentions. That’s not bed wetting, those are pragmatic and justifiable doubts. Back this manager at some point or we will lose him.
Gao and Saints' finances on 15:50 - Jan 31 with 849 viewsScoot

Gao and Saints' finances on 15:34 - Jan 31 by Ripleys_revenge

I think the best that can be said about this transfer window so that it has been massively underwhelming. Yet again.

Agree with the comments about weakening the overall full back positions when before he window all the chat was about strengthening. Don’t want to jump on the asset stripping bandwagon but the pattern of disappointing transfer windows is unavoidable now. Agree that Ralph is doing wonders with this squad. He’s also being very professional in dealing with things, as I c any imagine he’s at all happy with the situation. My worry is that the longer this goes on the less likely he is to stick around - if we finish this season strongly I can see him being in high demand as soon as this summer.

I get that a rebuild is going on, and the recruitment of Crocker is certainly a step in the right direction. But I’m not sure Ralph signed up for a continual firefighting job - he’ll have been promised some decent investment in the playing squad at some point. So far he really hasn’t been given that, and it’s been three transfer windows already. He’s being forced to paper over the cracks every time, plastering up the playing squad and hoping for a better / more permanent result in the subsequent transfer window.

For me there are still massive question marks over the owners intentions. That’s not bed wetting, those are pragmatic and justifiable doubts. Back this manager at some point or we will lose him.

How can it not be asset stripping? Relying on loan players like KWP & Danso. Then getting rid of our assets, not seeing reinvestment in the playing squad, 1 permanent signing in the summer. Takings at the gate, TV money, league money, record sponsorship deals. More profit announced other club than city & utd for 7 yes on the trot, money for player sales.
Where is all the money going?

Poll: Should NJ go?

Gao and Saints' finances on 16:40 - Jan 31 with 805 viewsDorsetIan

Gao and Saints' finances on 15:50 - Jan 31 by Scoot

How can it not be asset stripping? Relying on loan players like KWP & Danso. Then getting rid of our assets, not seeing reinvestment in the playing squad, 1 permanent signing in the summer. Takings at the gate, TV money, league money, record sponsorship deals. More profit announced other club than city & utd for 7 yes on the trot, money for player sales.

I think they're saving up to make an offer for Messi...in 2025...

Gao and Saints' finances on 17:01 - Jan 31 with 785 viewsNumber_58

Gao and Saints' finances on 15:50 - Jan 31 by Scoot

Have you forgotten about all our players currently out on loan? Do you think the clubs they're at are paying their astronomical wages? I understand that Forster's still getting more than 70 grand a week from us. Presumably Hoedt, Lemina, Carillo and Elynoussi are all on massive wages too. Millions and millions completely wasted. Until that lot are moved on I doubt if we'll see any incoming transfers. And my guess is that our bank manager is getting very twitchy.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024