Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coronavirus ☣️ 01:07 - Mar 8 with 9631 viewsPubeface

Anyone got it ?
[Post edited 8 Mar 2020 1:39]

Poll: Favourite Cheese ?

Coronavirus ☣️ on 21:42 - Mar 10 with 1523 viewsKennington

Coronavirus ☣️ on 21:37 - Mar 10 by dirk_doone

To be realistic, the mortality rate has to be based on the final outcome: recovery or death. The misleadingly low fatality rate of 1% some people were quoting was based on all cases, most of which had not yet reached their final outcome. The actual mortality rate appears to be around 6% and in some countries even higher.

The situation is looking better. China and South Korea are already over the worst and the warmer, drier weather is on its way here in the UK. The Coronavirus thrives in damp weather and people are more vulnerable to respiratory illnesses when it is cold. A spell of warm, dry weather will see us through this.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2020 21:45]

That only works if you test everyone and that includes the asymptomatic but positive cases. It’s clear Italy doesn’t have the infrastructure for mass testing like the Chinese, so those positive asymptomatic cases aren’t being picked up as part of the denominator. And they coupled with their older population is the reason for a higher mortality rate.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Coronavirus ☣️ on 21:58 - Mar 10 with 1493 views1885_SFC

Coronavirus ☣️ on 21:00 - Mar 10 by Happy_Jack

I think it's going to get pretty bad in the UK over the next few weeks.

I think you're right Jack.

Nine new cases in Wales today. A further 168 deaths in Italy tonight - just in one day.

If it does get bad here - we all know that the NHS will never cope - despite the terrific & sterling work that our hospital staff do.

Old School is Cool

Coronavirus ☣️ on 21:59 - Mar 10 with 1485 viewsdirk_doone

Coronavirus ☣️ on 21:42 - Mar 10 by Kennington

That only works if you test everyone and that includes the asymptomatic but positive cases. It’s clear Italy doesn’t have the infrastructure for mass testing like the Chinese, so those positive asymptomatic cases aren’t being picked up as part of the denominator. And they coupled with their older population is the reason for a higher mortality rate.

Fair point, Kennington. A lot of people simply haven't been tested so perhaps the 1% figure will eventually prove to be nearer the truth.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Coronavirus ☣️ on 22:31 - Mar 10 with 1443 viewscocklebreath

It will all fizzle out, relax gimps

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Coronavirus ☣️ on 22:57 - Mar 10 with 1423 views1885_SFC

Coronavirus ☣️ on 22:31 - Mar 10 by cocklebreath

It will all fizzle out, relax gimps

I'm sure Health minister and Conservative MP Nadine Dorries won't agree...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51827356

Old School is Cool

Coronavirus ☣️ on 23:15 - Mar 10 with 1406 viewscocklebreath

Coronavirus ☣️ on 22:57 - Mar 10 by 1885_SFC

I’m sure she’ll be absolutely fine

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Coronavirus ☣️ on 23:34 - Mar 10 with 1398 viewsOccasional_Showers

Coronavirus ☣️ on 22:57 - Mar 10 by 1885_SFC

Probably just made it up so she can show how quickly and easily she recovers.

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Coronavirus ☣️ on 00:02 - Mar 11 with 1388 views1885_SFC

Coronavirus ☣️ on 23:34 - Mar 10 by Occasional_Showers

Probably just made it up so she can show how quickly and easily she recovers.

She attended a reception with Prime Minister Boris Johnson last week along with lots of other MP's - and she also attended a surgery in her constituency, which 50 people came to, on Saturday.

As long as they all washed their hands regularly I guess they'll be fine!

Old School is Cool

Login to get fewer ads

Coronavirus ☣️ on 13:57 - Mar 13 with 1253 viewsDorsetIan

As it happens, I think the govt is doing an OK job so far, but this is still funny...

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Coronavirus ☣️ on 19:55 - Mar 13 with 1175 viewsdirk_doone

Now that the Cheltenham Festival has ended, we should see a big increase in the number of coronavirus cases in Ireland. Cheltenham is probably the worst sporting event of all for the transmission of a virus.

70,000 people, mostly Irish men, are packed together, shoulder to shoulder for 4 days and nights at the racecourse and in the surrounding pubs and clubs. The risk of contagion is further compounded by the constant movement of people within the crowd

If there isn't a big increase in the number of coronavirus cases, as a consequence, then it will show that big sporting events might just as well continue.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2020 20:25]

Coronavirus ☣️ on 23:56 - Mar 13 with 1087 viewskentsouthampton

Everything will be fine,just ask Anne Widdecombe, today she declared we're all over egging it , it will be no worse than aids.
38 million people have died from aids to date.
Coronavirus ☣️ on 03:19 - Mar 14 with 1068 viewsDorsetIan

Coronavirus ☣️ on 23:56 - Mar 13 by kentsouthampton

Everything will be fine,just ask Anne Widdecombe, today she declared we're all over egging it , it will be no worse than aids.
38 million people have died from aids to date.

Shame on The Daily Express for publishing this sh1t.

She’s a bit like Trump - something clearly went wrong in her childhood to leave her with the impression that every cliche that crosses her mind is a gem.

‚It’s all a fuss over nothing’ - how original, Ann. Step aside and let the adults deal with this please.

Ignorant ignorant ignorant.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Coronavirus ☣️ on 07:26 - Mar 14 with 1032 viewsJaySaint

Coronavirus ☣️ on 03:19 - Mar 14 by DorsetIan

Shame on The Daily Express for publishing this sh1t.

She’s a bit like Trump - something clearly went wrong in her childhood to leave her with the impression that every cliche that crosses her mind is a gem.

‚It’s all a fuss over nothing’ - how original, Ann. Step aside and let the adults deal with this please.

Ignorant ignorant ignorant.

for the absolute vast majority of people in this country, it will be a non-event.
I suspect a huge number of people have had it but but have put it down to the seasonal flu.

there have been 11 deaths where this virus has been a contributing factor. That is it.

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Coronavirus ☣️ on 07:44 - Mar 14 with 1019 viewsOccasional_Showers

Coronavirus ☣️ on 07:26 - Mar 14 by JaySaint

for the absolute vast majority of people in this country, it will be a non-event.
I suspect a huge number of people have had it but but have put it down to the seasonal flu.

there have been 11 deaths where this virus has been a contributing factor. That is it.

It’s been a non event so far, just like it was a non event in Italy a few weeks ago. Sometimes I wonder how some people can be as thick as you. Can you explain that?

Coronavirus ☣️ on 07:50 - Mar 14 with 1014 viewsJaySaint

Coronavirus ☣️ on 07:44 - Mar 14 by Occasional_Showers

It’s been a non event so far, just like it was a non event in Italy a few weeks ago. Sometimes I wonder how some people can be as thick as you. Can you explain that?

what are you saying, 1000's will die in the UK within the next two weeks?

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Coronavirus ☣️ on 07:59 - Mar 14 with 1006 viewsOccasional_Showers

Coronavirus ☣️ on 07:50 - Mar 14 by JaySaint

No, I’m saying you’re thick.

Coronavirus ☣️ on 08:18 - Mar 14 with 991 viewsIngskneeslide

You can always spot an idiot when someone makes a reasonable point and their response is “so, are you saying blah blah blah something not even close to what the other person was saying”. Saint22 does this all the time.
Coronavirus ☣️ on 09:33 - Mar 14 with 961 viewskentsouthampton

The government are putting the death rate at between 100,000 and 250,000 by the end of the year,given that will probably end up being ten times higher than in China are you happy with that?
Coronavirus ☣️ on 09:42 - Mar 14 with 956 viewskentsouthampton

Coronavirus ☣️ on 07:59 - Mar 14 by Occasional_Showers

No, I’m saying you’re thick.

You're not wrong,the governments strategy is based on the assumption we are all too thick to behave ourselves,in his case they are probably right.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-health/science-and-disease/containment-asia-w
Coronavirus ☣️ on 09:46 - Mar 14 with 954 viewsericofarabia

Not had a chance to read through but apologies if posted already. The bog roll crisis explained ... One person sneezes and 50 people crap themselv themselves 😂😂
Coronavirus ☣️ on 09:50 - Mar 14 with 952 viewsOccasional_Showers

Coronavirus ☣️ on 09:42 - Mar 14 by kentsouthampton

You're not wrong,the governments strategy is based on the assumption we are all too thick to behave ourselves,in his case they are probably right.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-health/science-and-disease/containment-asia-w

The governments strategy is sensible. We are going to suffer but we need herd immunity because this virus will strike back much harder next winter if the herd isn’t large enough to protect the most vulnerable. We have herd immunity with measles for example. The 95% of us that are immunised protect the 5% that aren’t.

Coronavirus ☣️ on 10:00 - Mar 14 with 942 viewskentsouthampton

Coronavirus ☣️ on 09:50 - Mar 14 by Occasional_Showers

The governments strategy is sensible. We are going to suffer but we need herd immunity because this virus will strike back much harder next winter if the herd isn’t large enough to protect the most vulnerable. We have herd immunity with measles for example. The 95% of us that are immunised protect the 5% that aren’t.

Is it though?
The common cold is a corona virus,no one has ever built up an immunity to it.
Coronavirus ☣️ on 10:03 - Mar 14 with 938 viewsOccasional_Showers

Coronavirus ☣️ on 10:00 - Mar 14 by kentsouthampton

Is it though?
The common cold is a corona virus,no one has ever built up an immunity to it.

An expert in this branch of medicine on LBC said so. I have no idea.

Coronavirus ☣️ on 10:45 - Mar 14 with 914 viewskentsouthampton

Coronavirus ☣️ on 10:03 - Mar 14 by Occasional_Showers

An expert in this branch of medicine on LBC said so. I have no idea.

The biggest problem I have with this plan is the fact science dictates at least 90% of the herd need to be infected for herd immunity to kick in,80% won't cut it.
Coronavirus ☣️ on 11:47 - Mar 14 with 893 viewsdirk_doone

Coronavirus ☣️ on 10:45 - Mar 14 by kentsouthampton

The biggest problem I have with this plan is the fact science dictates at least 90% of the herd need to be infected for herd immunity to kick in,80% won't cut it.

Basically, the idea is that if 70-90% of the population are infected, those that survive will develop immunity, which will mean there will be less chance of the remaining 10% catching it. Presumably, that 10% would include senior members of the government, many of whom are over 60. Sounds like a plan.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024