Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coronavirus ☣️ 01:07 - Mar 8 with 9864 viewsPubeface

Anyone got it ?
[Post edited 8 Mar 2020 1:39]

Poll: Favourite Cheese ?

Coronavirus ☣️ on 11:49 - Mar 14 with 1303 viewskentsouthampton

Coronavirus ☣️ on 11:47 - Mar 14 by dirk_doone

Basically, the idea is that if 70-90% of the population are infected, those that survive will develop immunity, which will mean there will be less chance of the remaining 10% catching it. Presumably, that 10% would include senior members of the government, many of whom are over 60. Sounds like a plan.

The flaw being no one knows if anyone will develop immunity.
Coronavirus ☣️ on 11:58 - Mar 14 with 1288 viewsTheMoog

Coronavirus ☣️ on 10:45 - Mar 14 by kentsouthampton

The biggest problem I have with this plan is the fact science dictates at least 90% of the herd need to be infected for herd immunity to kick in,80% won't cut it.

Good job the threshold for Coronavirus is estimated to be 60% then.

Standby to standby

Coronavirus ☣️ on 12:07 - Mar 14 with 1279 viewskentsouthampton

Coronavirus ☣️ on 11:58 - Mar 14 by TheMoog

Good job the threshold for Coronavirus is estimated to be 60% then.

"estimated" how scientific.
Coronavirus ☣️ on 12:12 - Mar 14 with 1268 viewsTheMoog

Coronavirus ☣️ on 12:07 - Mar 14 by kentsouthampton

"estimated" how scientific.

An estimation by experienced scientists is a lot better than your so called ‘fact’.

Standby to standby

Coronavirus ☣️ on 12:28 - Mar 14 with 1247 viewskentsouthampton

'Stop being so bloody wet': Boris Johnson's rules for the coronavirus crisis
13th March 2020

AS prime minister, let me say I am bloody pìssed off. This was meant to be my year. Here’s what you as Britons can do to not upset me further.

Don’t make a fuss

If you get the coronavirus, and you will because we’re not doing anything to stop it, don’t come running to me. Or the NHS. You’ve let me down and you’re making me look bad in front of Trump. Self-isolate to think about what you’ve done.

Stop saying schools should be closed

All the EU countries are closing schools therefore I’m not. That’s it. Perhaps you missed a little thing called Brexit? That’s what everything should be about right now. Me doing Brexit. Not some stupid twât of a virus. Pull yourselves together and stop being so bloody wet.

Wash your hands

I had all this great Brexit stuff planned. The lefties were going to go apeshìt, which is the whole point. Now COVID-19’s making it look like co-operation between neighbouring nations is unavoidable and necessary, which I’m livid about. Now wash your f**king hands.

Don’t panic-buy

It’s bad enough you’re making me look an idiot, but now you’re doing the same to the free market. Exposing how fragile our supply chains are is the last thing I need before we leave the EU with no deal, and exactly the same thing happens.

When you die leave a note saying it’s not my fault

Take the time to write a little note, signed in pen, saying something like: ‘I think Boris has done a fantastic job and this is my fault not his and he should be allowed to carry on all his plans as normal.’ Keep it on you at all times. Honestly, if I’d known all this shit was in the pipeline I’d have left May in charge for another year.
Coronavirus ☣️ on 12:42 - Mar 14 with 1230 viewsTheMoog

Coronavirus ☣️ on 12:28 - Mar 14 by kentsouthampton

13th March 2020

AS prime minister, let me say I am bloody pìssed off. This was meant to be my year. Here’s what you as Britons can do to not upset me further.

Don’t make a fuss

If you get the coronavirus, and you will because we’re not doing anything to stop it, don’t come running to me. Or the NHS. You’ve let me down and you’re making me look bad in front of Trump. Self-isolate to think about what you’ve done.

All the EU countries are closing schools therefore I’m not. That’s it. Perhaps you missed a little thing called Brexit? That’s what everything should be about right now. Me doing Brexit. Not some stupid twât of a virus. Pull yourselves together and stop being so bloody wet.

Wash your hands

I had all this great Brexit stuff planned. The lefties were going to go apeshìt, which is the whole point. Now COVID-19’s making it look like co-operation between neighbouring nations is unavoidable and necessary, which I’m livid about. Now wash your f**king hands.

Don’t panic-buy

It’s bad enough you’re making me look an idiot, but now you’re doing the same to the free market. Exposing how fragile our supply chains are is the last thing I need before we leave the EU with no deal, and exactly the same thing happens.

Take the time to write a little note, signed in pen, saying something like: ‘I think Boris has done a fantastic job and this is my fault not his and he should be allowed to carry on all his plans as normal.’ Keep it on you at all times. Honestly, if I’d known all this shit was in the pipeline I’d have left May in charge for another year.

It’s quite clear your agenda is a party political one. Typical of a coont like you to come up with bullsh1t numbers to criticise the advice given by experts such as Whitty and Vallance just because Johnson was stood next to them and, when picked up on it, cutting and pasting some pathetic spoof post to try and divert attention and get your fellow Boris haters onside. This isn’t a debate about Brexit or an election campaign; know-nothing armchair experts like you undermining the official medical advice and trying to whip up dissention on the internet because you don’t like the PM is actually fooking dangerous.

Standby to standby

Coronavirus ☣️ on 14:04 - Mar 14 with 1186 viewssaint22

Coronavirus ☣️ on 07:44 - Mar 14 by Occasional_Showers

It’s been a non event so far, just like it was a non event in Italy a few weeks ago. Sometimes I wonder how some people can be as thick as you. Can you explain that?

You are the thickest of them all pal
How was easyJet?
Coronavirus ☣️ on 14:05 - Mar 14 with 1183 viewsOccasional_Showers

Coronavirus ☣️ on 14:04 - Mar 14 by saint22

You are the thickest of them all pal
How was easyJet?

Hello spreader22, hows New York?

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Login to get fewer ads

Coronavirus ☣️ on 14:16 - Mar 14 with 1174 viewskentsouthampton

Coronavirus ☣️ on 12:42 - Mar 14 by TheMoog

It’s quite clear your agenda is a party political one. Typical of a coont like you to come up with bullsh1t numbers to criticise the advice given by experts such as Whitty and Vallance just because Johnson was stood next to them and, when picked up on it, cutting and pasting some pathetic spoof post to try and divert attention and get your fellow Boris haters onside. This isn’t a debate about Brexit or an election campaign; know-nothing armchair experts like you undermining the official medical advice and trying to whip up dissention on the internet because you don’t like the PM is actually fooking dangerous.

I'm glad you're happy to be part of an experiment that may or may not cost you your life,personally I'm not.
Coronavirus ☣️ on 18:29 - Mar 14 with 1102 viewsDorsetIan

First confirmed case in Dorset Council area yesterday, and impressed that they are still contract tracing and testing contacts.

Seems still no confirmed cases in Southampton yet, although a few in Hants.

And we are being told that the ‚peak‘ is 10-14 weeks away still.

Difficult to get any sense of how this is now going to unfold. When I was out today, it seemed like business as usual in terms of people out and about, but the UK‘s ‚graph‘ is now looking pretty steep, so winding things forward 2 weeks is feeling pretty dramatic, never mind 10.

It’s all about the maths I guess, and presumably once we reach ‚peak acceleration‘ and the rate of increase starts to abate, we will have a much clearer indication of the shape of the Graph, the overall level of infections and the length of the epidemic.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Coronavirus ☣️ on 19:56 - Mar 14 with 1059 viewsTheMoog

Coronavirus ☣️ on 14:16 - Mar 14 by kentsouthampton

I'm glad you're happy to be part of an experiment that may or may not cost you your life,personally I'm not.

Change your nappy FFS. I have both faced and been the face of death on numerous occasions and it doesn’t bother me. Governments always make decisions that they know will result in deaths, whether that be to go to war or to approve (or not) a new drug or whatever. It is done with the long term impact in mind which includes the economy. I am happy to concur that the current guidance may impact more people in the short term but fewer in the long term.

As a comparison, nearly 1,800 people have died on UK roads in each of the last few years- should the Government be shutting the roads or banning cars or is the risk acceptable to maintain productivity?

Standby to standby

Coronavirus ☣️ on 20:01 - Mar 14 with 1056 viewskentsouthampton

Coronavirus ☣️ on 19:56 - Mar 14 by TheMoog

Change your nappy FFS. I have both faced and been the face of death on numerous occasions and it doesn’t bother me. Governments always make decisions that they know will result in deaths, whether that be to go to war or to approve (or not) a new drug or whatever. It is done with the long term impact in mind which includes the economy. I am happy to concur that the current guidance may impact more people in the short term but fewer in the long term.

As a comparison, nearly 1,800 people have died on UK roads in each of the last few years- should the Government be shutting the roads or banning cars or is the risk acceptable to maintain productivity?

If this doesn't come back on the continent or in China we've killed tens of thousands of people to gain herd immunity to nothing.
Coronavirus ☣️ on 20:14 - Mar 14 with 1043 viewsTheMoog

Coronavirus ☣️ on 20:01 - Mar 14 by kentsouthampton

If this doesn't come back on the continent or in China we've killed tens of thousands of people to gain herd immunity to nothing.

I still trust the Chief Scientific Adviser over an angry skate pretending to be a Saints fan.

Standby to standby

Coronavirus ☣️ on 20:33 - Mar 14 with 1028 viewsHappy_Jack

13th March 2020

Don’t make a fuss

Wash your hands

Don’t panic-buy

And all this from someone who posted a link to a luxury kitchen claiming it was his in order to try and impress people on a mongboard

Millbrook Furnishing shop floor level banter
Poll: Who do you think the best Prime Minister of the last 40 years has been?

Coronavirus ☣️ on 20:36 - Mar 14 with 1025 viewsOccasional_Showers

Coronavirus ☣️ on 20:33 - Mar 14 by Happy_Jack

And all this from someone who posted a link to a luxury kitchen claiming it was his in order to try and impress people on a mongboard

In fairness you have no proof Kent doesn’t live in San Diego.

Coronavirus ☣️ on 23:02 - Mar 14 with 985 viewsOccasional_Showers

A good explanation behind our strategy. It’s risky, but it’s very British. I think we all need to grow some balls and get on with it because it’s the best chance there is to get this virus under control before winter comes around. If our plan works we will essentially be an immune master race while the virus returns to the countries that didn’t take the bold approach.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/uk-government-risky-herd-immuni

Coronavirus ☣️ on 23:17 - Mar 14 with 979 viewsBicester_North

Coronavirus ☣️ on 23:02 - Mar 14 by Occasional_Showers

A good explanation behind our strategy. It’s risky, but it’s very British. I think we all need to grow some balls and get on with it because it’s the best chance there is to get this virus under control before winter comes around. If our plan works we will essentially be an immune master race while the virus returns to the countries that didn’t take the bold approach.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/uk-government-risky-herd-immuni

The theory behind this looks good but is frightening for the elderly and sick. Hopefully enough of them get the message and stay inside as much as they can until this wave f*cks off.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Coronavirus ☣️ on 23:29 - Mar 14 with 965 viewsthis_charming_man

13th March 2020

Don’t make a fuss

Wash your hands

Don’t panic-buy

Stolen from the daily mash trying to pass off as Fact. How tragic.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2020 23:30]

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Coronavirus ☣️ on 10:23 - Mar 15 with 877 viewskentsouthampton

Coronavirus ☣️ on 23:29 - Mar 14 by this_charming_man

Stolen from the daily mash trying to pass off as Fact. How tragic.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2020 23:30]

It's tragic you don't have the faculties to realise it was satire in the first place.
Coronavirus ☣️ on 10:24 - Mar 15 with 877 viewskentsouthampton

Coronavirus ☣️ on 09:50 - Mar 14 by Occasional_Showers

The governments strategy is sensible. We are going to suffer but we need herd immunity because this virus will strike back much harder next winter if the herd isn’t large enough to protect the most vulnerable. We have herd immunity with measles for example. The 95% of us that are immunised protect the 5% that aren’t.

Government now denying it's their strategy.
Coronavirus ☣️ on 10:33 - Mar 15 with 869 viewsthis_charming_man

Coronavirus ☣️ on 10:23 - Mar 15 by kentsouthampton

It's tragic you don't have the faculties to realise it was satire in the first place.

I suspect it’s you that didn’t realize. A Pompey fan pretending to be a saints fan in Kent who used a comment from piers Morgan to bash the entire country, you’re all over the place

Coronavirus ☣️ on 10:44 - Mar 15 with 864 viewsthis_charming_man

For the thickos this explains it very well in a simple form even people who don’t know which county they live in or team they support could potentially grasp.

Coronavirus ☣️ on 11:18 - Mar 15 with 842 viewskentsouthampton

This is a very helpful thread.
Coronavirus ☣️ on 12:03 - Mar 15 with 822 viewsTheMoog

Coronavirus ☣️ on 11:18 - Mar 15 by kentsouthampton

This is a very helpful thread.

‘I failed to identify the best course of action.’

Well he’s fook all use then. An 80% plan now is better than a 100% plan when it’s too late. We need to make a decision and the bloke off Twitter you spent the weekend frantically searching for to back up your argument is not prepared to make one.

Skate pretending to be a Saint: I don’t like the government plan because of Boris.
Everyone else: What do you suggest then?
Skate pretending to be a Saint: I don’t know and the one expert I found on Twitter that agrees with me doesn’t either. Here’s something I cut and pasted off a parody website to prove how much I hate Boris though.

Fookin idiot.

Standby to standby

Coronavirus ☣️ on 13:10 - Mar 15 with 795 views1885_SFC

Coronavirus ☣️ on 12:03 - Mar 15 by TheMoog

‘I failed to identify the best course of action.’

Well he’s fook all use then. An 80% plan now is better than a 100% plan when it’s too late. We need to make a decision and the bloke off Twitter you spent the weekend frantically searching for to back up your argument is not prepared to make one.

Skate pretending to be a Saint: I don’t like the government plan because of Boris.
Everyone else: What do you suggest then?
Skate pretending to be a Saint: I don’t know and the one expert I found on Twitter that agrees with me doesn’t either. Here’s something I cut and pasted off a parody website to prove how much I hate Boris though.

Fookin idiot.

Old School is Cool

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024