Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coronavirus ☣️ 01:07 - Mar 8 with 9817 viewsPubeface

Anyone got it ?
[Post edited 8 Mar 2020 1:39]

Poll: Favourite Cheese ?

Coronavirus ☣️ on 13:31 - Mar 8 with 1675 views1885_SFC

Just been vising my gran and she has cupboards full of nothing but Oxo cubes.

Obviously the senile old girl hasn't quite got the hang of this stockpiling lark.

Old School is Cool

Coronavirus ☣️ on 15:10 - Mar 8 with 1637 views1885_SFC

Coronavirus ☣️ on 12:58 - Mar 8 by solent_toffee

I’m currently in Alsreford at the Watercress line about to go in the Flying Scotsman (an I’ll thought out Christmas present from the in-laws).Given the demographic of my fellow passengers, I’d be amazed if I haven’t got it by the morning.

If I were you Toffee, I would stay out and enjoy your railway adventure today... and keep as far away as possible from any radio commentary on the Chelsea game mate!

Old School is Cool

Coronavirus ☣️ on 10:45 - Mar 9 with 1536 views1885_SFC

Well it was only a matter of time...

https://www.uhs.nhs.uk/AboutTheTrust/Newsandpublications/Latestnews/2020/March/S

Old School is Cool

Coronavirus ☣️ on 22:59 - Mar 9 with 1464 viewshedgeend61

Fraser Forster is bringing out a range of gloves to protect against Covid-19.

He said, I caught f*** all when wearing them at Southampton .
Coronavirus ☣️ on 07:35 - Mar 10 with 1384 viewskentsouthampton

I find it hilarious that the same people who were saying we survived the war we can survive anything whenever brexit is mentioned are now panic buying everything and shitting themselves.
Coronavirus ☣️ on 07:59 - Mar 10 with 1370 viewsIngskneeslide

Coronavirus ☣️ on 07:35 - Mar 10 by kentsouthampton

I find it hilarious that the same people who were saying we survived the war we can survive anything whenever brexit is mentioned are now panic buying everything and shitting themselves.

Where did you find those statistics? What % crossover is there?
Coronavirus ☣️ on 08:04 - Mar 10 with 1366 viewskentsouthampton

Coronavirus ☣️ on 07:59 - Mar 10 by Ingskneeslide

Where did you find those statistics? What % crossover is there?

Piers Morgan this morning , ‘why are people panic buying and stocking up’ , then a couple of minutes later ‘ we are in a catastrophic situation here in the U.K. ‘.
There's one for a starter.
Coronavirus ☣️ on 08:06 - Mar 10 with 1363 viewsIngskneeslide

Coronavirus ☣️ on 08:04 - Mar 10 by kentsouthampton

Piers Morgan this morning , ‘why are people panic buying and stocking up’ , then a couple of minutes later ‘ we are in a catastrophic situation here in the U.K. ‘.
There's one for a starter.

So one person who’s world-renowned for being an utter mong, not Brexit voters en masse then...
Login to get fewer ads

Coronavirus ☣️ on 08:15 - Mar 10 with 1353 viewskentsouthampton

Coronavirus ☣️ on 08:06 - Mar 10 by Ingskneeslide

So one person who’s world-renowned for being an utter mong, not Brexit voters en masse then...

So the morons who stripped supermarkets bare in places like Blackpool and Barnsley didn't vote for brexit?
Coronavirus ☣️ on 08:25 - Mar 10 with 1341 viewsIngskneeslide

Coronavirus ☣️ on 08:15 - Mar 10 by kentsouthampton

So the morons who stripped supermarkets bare in places like Blackpool and Barnsley didn't vote for brexit?

I have absolutely no idea mate and neither do you. That’s my point, you’re basing it on the kind of elitist assumptions about whole swathes of the population that contributed to the Brexit vote in the first place. Are you going to spend the rest of your life dividing people into Brexiteers and Remainers or are you going to grow up and realise there’s far more important things going on in the world?
Coronavirus ☣️ on 08:25 - Mar 10 with 1341 viewsBuggalugs

Coronavirus ☣️ on 08:15 - Mar 10 by kentsouthampton

Piers Morgan voted remain.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Coronavirus ☣️ on 09:24 - Mar 10 with 1312 viewsIngskneeslide

Coronavirus ☣️ on 08:25 - Mar 10 by Buggalugs

Piers Morgan voted remain.

Brilliant. It’s almost like the ‘Brexiteers = bad, Remainers = good’ and vice versa thing doesn’t work.
Coronavirus ☣️ on 09:34 - Mar 10 with 1304 viewskentsouthampton

Coronavirus ☣️ on 09:24 - Mar 10 by Ingskneeslide

Brilliant. It’s almost like the ‘Brexiteers = bad, Remainers = good’ and vice versa thing doesn’t work.

It's quite simple really,all the fights over toilet paper have been in Asda and not Waitrose.
Coronavirus ☣️ on 09:36 - Mar 10 with 1302 viewskentsouthampton

Coronavirus ☣️ on 08:25 - Mar 10 by Ingskneeslide

I have absolutely no idea mate and neither do you. That’s my point, you’re basing it on the kind of elitist assumptions about whole swathes of the population that contributed to the Brexit vote in the first place. Are you going to spend the rest of your life dividing people into Brexiteers and Remainers or are you going to grow up and realise there’s far more important things going on in the world?

This virus will disproportionately effect brexit voters and that's a fact,some doctors have already labelled it 'brexit flu'.
Coronavirus ☣️ on 11:02 - Mar 10 with 1264 viewsDorsetIan

I'm wondering whether the empty shelves are really down to crazy horders.

If let's say that on a normal week, 1 in 10 supermarket shoppers buys one pack of toilet roll, but now - because they are being a tiny bit more prudent - everyone is picking up 1 packet, that would lead to a 10x increase in demand and would clear the shelves pretty quickly I would think.

So maybe small changes by lots of people, rather than big changes by a small number of idiots.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Coronavirus ☣️ on 11:15 - Mar 10 with 1254 viewsthis_charming_man

Heard it all now, the entire toilet paper crisis is own to Brexit

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Coronavirus ☣️ on 11:47 - Mar 10 with 1238 views1885_SFC

Italy looks totally fooked. That mass exodus of people from North to South (upon hearing that the North was to be cordoned off) will mean the virus will spread even further & faster nationally.

I can't quite work out why Italy has been hit so hard? Experts reckon it's because they didn't take the containment measures quickly enough like we are trying to do here?

Worrying times indeed.

Old School is Cool

Coronavirus ☣️ on 11:54 - Mar 10 with 1233 viewsthis_charming_man

Coronavirus ☣️ on 11:47 - Mar 10 by 1885_SFC

Italy looks totally fooked. That mass exodus of people from North to South (upon hearing that the North was to be cordoned off) will mean the virus will spread even further & faster nationally.

I can't quite work out why Italy has been hit so hard? Experts reckon it's because they didn't take the containment measures quickly enough like we are trying to do here?

Worrying times indeed.

22% of their population if over 65, highest risk group, plus it's a big tourist destination all year round.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Coronavirus ☣️ on 11:59 - Mar 10 with 1228 viewsDorsetIan

Coronavirus ☣️ on 11:54 - Mar 10 by this_charming_man

22% of their population if over 65, highest risk group, plus it's a big tourist destination all year round.

plus, culturally, they are suspicious of government and don't like following rules.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Coronavirus ☣️ on 20:55 - Mar 10 with 1118 viewsOccasional_Showers

Coronavirus ☣️ on 11:47 - Mar 10 by 1885_SFC

Worrying times indeed.

It seems there are two strains of covid19 and Italy is being affected by the worst one. The most worrying thing is that it hospitalises 10-15%, not just old people either. I heard on the radio something like 40% requiring intensive care are under 65. If for example 25% of our country come down with it that’s 2 million intensive care beds needed. We just don’t have anywhere near the infrastructure to cope and doctors will have to choose who lives and who dies.

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Coronavirus ☣️ on 21:00 - Mar 10 with 1108 viewsHappy_Jack

I think it's going to get pretty bad in the UK over the next few weeks.

Millbrook Furnishing shop floor level banter
Poll: Who do you think the best Prime Minister of the last 40 years has been?

Coronavirus ☣️ on 21:11 - Mar 10 with 1091 viewsOccasional_Showers

Just checked the precise figures and over 50% of those diagnosed in Italy require hospitalization, and 10% require ICU treatment. There is also the residual effects on the body when the virus itself has gone.

Our government are downplaying this, all they talk about is the mortality rate of 1%.

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Coronavirus ☣️ on 21:20 - Mar 10 with 1075 viewsdirk_doone

Coronavirus ☣️ on 09:36 - Mar 10 by kentsouthampton

This virus will disproportionately effect brexit voters and that's a fact,some doctors have already labelled it 'brexit flu'.

Brexodus

The movement of Jah people

Are you satisfied
With the life you're living?
We know where we're going
We know where we're from
We're leaving Babylon
We're going to the Father's land

In this Brexodus
Movement of Jah people

Wipe away transgression (if there is any toilet paper left)

Brexodus
The movement of Jah people
[Post edited 10 Mar 2020 22:13]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Coronavirus ☣️ on 21:29 - Mar 10 with 1063 viewsKennington

Coronavirus ☣️ on 21:11 - Mar 10 by Occasional_Showers

Just checked the precise figures and over 50% of those diagnosed in Italy require hospitalization, and 10% require ICU treatment. There is also the residual effects on the body when the virus itself has gone.

Our government are downplaying this, all they talk about is the mortality rate of 1%.

That’s likely very misleading as, if they’re only testing those that are already really sick then the outcome will be all those tested will be really sick. The Chinese tested 10,000s, basically anyone with a cold. Hence their mortality rate is lower. Simple numerator and denominators.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Coronavirus ☣️ on 21:37 - Mar 10 with 1052 viewsdirk_doone

Coronavirus ☣️ on 21:29 - Mar 10 by Kennington

That’s likely very misleading as, if they’re only testing those that are already really sick then the outcome will be all those tested will be really sick. The Chinese tested 10,000s, basically anyone with a cold. Hence their mortality rate is lower. Simple numerator and denominators.

To be realistic, the mortality rate has to be based on the final outcome: recovery or death. The misleadingly low fatality rate of 1% some people were quoting was based on all cases, most of which had not yet reached their final outcome. The actual mortality rate appears to be around 6% and in some countries even higher.

The situation is looking better. China and South Korea are already over the worst and the warmer, drier weather is on its way here in the UK. The Coronavirus thrives in damp weather and people are more vulnerable to respiratory illnesses when it is cold. A spell of warm, dry weather will see us through this.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2020 21:45]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024