Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saints up for sale 06:46 - Mar 8 with 6507 viewsButty101

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/southampton-put-up-for-sale-at-250m-3d5

So it was just an exercise in getting his money out of China.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Saints up for sale on 13:20 - Mar 9 with 1362 viewsthis_charming_man

Saints up for sale on 11:52 - Mar 9 by SonicBoom

What does "looking for investment" mean?

My guess is that Gao either does not have any more to put into the club so he's looking for others to come in and take a share to lessen his exposure.
It also suggests that whilst KL still has her 20% she isn't interested in growing that share.

I'd just like to stick up for Nick a bit. A lot of this thread seems to be having a pop at Nick for things he's said. He doesn't speak for the club so all he's done is offer his own opinion on Gao and the ownership. If you don't agree fair enough, but to slate him as if he's an official spokesperson of the club is plain wrong.
This is a forum for different opinions. People should remember that cos if I were Nick I'd wonder why I bother.

I speak on behalf of all Saints fans when I say that NIck must be on a wind up with his constant defence of Goa.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Saints up for sale on 13:24 - Mar 9 with 1353 viewsMytchettSaint

Saints up for sale on 13:20 - Mar 9 by this_charming_man

I speak on behalf of all Saints fans when I say that NIck must be on a wind up with his constant defence of Goa.

If so it’ll go down as the biggest ever whooshing in mongboard history.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Saints up for sale on 15:14 - Mar 9 with 1279 viewsDorsetIan

Saints up for sale on 13:10 - Mar 9 by Bazza

In a normal company situation any shares can be sold by the shareholder piecemeal or as a whole. Is there some Saints fc company restriction that would stop Gao (or KL) selling any part of their holding to any new investor?

It would be very unusual to have a blanket prohibition on sales to third parties. Much more likely would be a requirement to offer for sale to existing shareholders before any third party sale was agreed. The position will also be seriously muddied if Gao hasn't paid in full for his shares.

But we are unlikely to find out as the SFC holdings companies are all outside the UK, and so the info, as well as being much harder to obtain, may not even be on a public record.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Saints up for sale on 17:47 - Mar 9 with 1181 viewsWinchesterExile

Saints up for sale on 15:14 - Mar 9 by DorsetIan

It would be very unusual to have a blanket prohibition on sales to third parties. Much more likely would be a requirement to offer for sale to existing shareholders before any third party sale was agreed. The position will also be seriously muddied if Gao hasn't paid in full for his shares.

But we are unlikely to find out as the SFC holdings companies are all outside the UK, and so the info, as well as being much harder to obtain, may not even be on a public record.

There'll be a shareholder's agreement between K and Goa which may have preemption rights as Dorset says but may also have drag along provisions which could force K to sell her 20% under certain conditions. Anyway, it's a private document and we'll never know the contents so, like always, we fans just have to accept whatever's thrown at us and keep on supporting the club. It's what we've always done and always will. Southampton will survive and give us good times and bad times. Hopefully there's another Marcus Leibherr out there.
Saints up for sale on 18:19 - Mar 9 with 1137 viewsKennington

I’m not really a super fan who scrutinises company accounts or balance sheets. I’ll leave that to the accountants who’s job it is. But what is clear is the club has been really poor at boosting revenue when up to a two or three years ago there was a really good ‘product’. Maybe it’s hard to do or perhaps the board didn’t hire talented people, it just seems like a wasted opportunity. As to Goa, he’s done absolutely nothing and in a league where the only way to succeed is either have excellent revenue or a rich benefactor, Goa has failed at delivering either of these and has overseen the club continued slide.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Saints up for sale on 05:24 - Mar 11 with 963 viewsareasix

My real concern is losing Ralph at the end of the season.

Ownership will take Its course but to lose Ralph will be a disaster!
Saints up for sale on 07:24 - Mar 11 with 926 viewsMarcus_y

Saints up for sale on 05:24 - Mar 11 by areasix

My real concern is losing Ralph at the end of the season.

Ownership will take Its course but to lose Ralph will be a disaster!

If we are being advertised for sale, the chances are very high he will get no funding in the summer and hence will be off.

You're nothing but a lot of talk n'a' badge.

Saints up for sale on 07:37 - Mar 11 with 917 viewsBuenosSaint

Saints up for sale on 07:24 - Mar 11 by Marcus_y

If we are being advertised for sale, the chances are very high he will get no funding in the summer and hence will be off.

And who would honestly blame him?
He would not further his career with saints and if he does stay it would be very admirable.

Poll: The Long Future

Login to get fewer ads

Saints up for sale on 12:39 - Mar 11 with 853 viewsButty101

Accounts should be out any day now. Should be interesting reading. Will they show the whopping best ever sponsorship deal. Im surprised the talk is that we are posting a loss.

Saints up for sale on 13:27 - Mar 11 with 828 viewsthis_charming_man

Saints up for sale on 12:39 - Mar 11 by Butty101

Accounts should be out any day now. Should be interesting reading. Will they show the whopping best ever sponsorship deal. Im surprised the talk is that we are posting a loss.

these will be for period July 18-June 19 so they wont show until next years accounts.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Saints up for sale on 13:31 - Mar 11 with 821 viewsButty101

Saints up for sale on 13:27 - Mar 11 by this_charming_man

these will be for period July 18-June 19 so they wont show until next years accounts.

Ah yeah!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024