Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
UK death rates... 17:36 - Mar 19 with 3380 viewsDorsetIan

Anyone heard or read anything about why UK death rates are so high?

In terms of percentage of deaths out of reported cases, we don't seem to be doing as well as other countries. For example, as of today...

UK 137 out of 2692 (5%)
US 161/11329 (1.14%)
France 262/9134 (2.89%)
Netherlands 76/2460 (3%)
Germany 43/14544 (0.2%)

In fact, looking at the numbers, it seems that only Italy and Iran have higher % death rates.

I am not trying to make a political point here. For what it's worth it seems that Johnson and the government are doing a good enough job to me and certainly their current policies can't be blamed for the fact that more people who get it are dying here than in similar countries.

Presumably we have state of the art info on how to treat the very ill? Presumably, the NHS is not yet overrun with cases?...

Of course, we could be seriously underestimating the numbers and maybe that's the answer.

Just wondered if anyone else had noticed this or had heard why it might be the case?

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

UK death rates... on 13:12 - Mar 20 with 1106 viewsMarcus_y

UK death rates... on 13:10 - Mar 20 by this_charming_man

are the brothels open?

Bar and Brothels are pretty much the same thing over here. All shut, although I am sure some of the backstreet Thai places will be open. Not my scene at all in any case, so does not change my lifestyle at all. I am off to Kalason next week to spend sometime on the farm out in the sticks. You can't beat living off the land.

You're nothing but a lot of talk n'a' badge.

UK death rates... on 13:17 - Mar 20 with 1099 viewsDorsetIan

UK death rates... on 13:12 - Mar 20 by Marcus_y

Bar and Brothels are pretty much the same thing over here. All shut, although I am sure some of the backstreet Thai places will be open. Not my scene at all in any case, so does not change my lifestyle at all. I am off to Kalason next week to spend sometime on the farm out in the sticks. You can't beat living off the land.

Is this your farm? What do you grow?

UK death rates... on 14:45 - Mar 20 with 1053 viewsMarcus_y

UK death rates... on 13:17 - Mar 20 by DorsetIan

Is this your farm? What do you grow?

Foreigners cannot own farms here but I own the lease. We have chickens, small fish farm set up and just about every veg imaginable. When I stop work full on I want to just live off the land.

You're nothing but a lot of talk n'a' badge.

UK death rates... on 15:38 - Mar 20 with 1010 viewsgrumpy

UK death rates... on 14:45 - Mar 20 by Marcus_y

Foreigners cannot own farms here but I own the lease. We have chickens, small fish farm set up and just about every veg imaginable. When I stop work full on I want to just live off the land.

My cousin owns property over there,is it true that foreigners can own the building but not the land it sits on?
UK death rates... on 17:36 - Mar 20 with 985 viewsDorsetIan

For most things Marcus, you and I are on different planets, but I'm with you on this one - can't beat a bit of self-sufficiency! Hope your retirement plan works out as you plan.

UK death rates... on 15:38 - Mar 21 with 924 viewsdirk_doone

We're top of the league! Hampshire is the top county for coronavirus.

I wonder if they've included a few victims from Surrey and Sussex as well?

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/f94c3c90da5b4e9f9a0b19484dd
[Post edited 21 Mar 2020 15:44]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

UK death rates... on 16:51 - Mar 21 with 892 viewsOccasional_Showers

From trawling sex bars to growing organic turnips, there’s never a dull minute in the life of a forum multiposter.

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

UK death rates... on 18:50 - Mar 21 with 852 views1885_SFC

Another 793 deaths from the virus in Italy in just the past 24-hours. Incredible.

In Spain, 324 have died in the last day alone.

I really hope the UK doesn't follow those two countries above.

Old School is Cool

Login to get fewer ads

UK death rates... on 19:30 - Mar 21 with 838 viewskentsouthampton

UK death rates... on 05:27 - Mar 20 by Occasional_Showers

Cornwall and Brittany are also Celtic.
UK death rates... on 19:42 - Mar 21 with 827 viewsOccasional_Showers

UK death rates... on 18:50 - Mar 21 by 1885_SFC

Another 793 deaths from the virus in Italy in just the past 24-hours. Incredible.

In Spain, 324 have died in the last day alone.

I really hope the UK doesn't follow those two countries above.

Roughly that’s 40,000 in a year which as a proportion of the population wouldn’t be that bad (obviously if I’m not impacted). The more concerning figure is that number PLUS those that require intensive care. Also of those who survive a lot will suffer damage to their organs as a result of the virus which will affect their lives and or cut it short.

We are a considerably wealthier country than Italy and Spain and despite the snide remarks from the bitter and twisted left trying to politicise this we are getting into gear now. It’s going to put enormous pressure on the NHS but they will rise to that challenge. Of that I have no doubt.

As it stands it’s possible we can get through this crisis losing less people that we did on the first day of the battle of the Somme, so although it’s a frightening time it hopefully won’t be that bad as we edge ever nearer to a vaccine and effective treatment for those with it.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2020 19:50]

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

UK death rates... on 23:05 - Mar 21 with 772 viewsDorsetIan

UK death rates... on 19:42 - Mar 21 by Occasional_Showers

Roughly that’s 40,000 in a year which as a proportion of the population wouldn’t be that bad (obviously if I’m not impacted). The more concerning figure is that number PLUS those that require intensive care. Also of those who survive a lot will suffer damage to their organs as a result of the virus which will affect their lives and or cut it short.

We are a considerably wealthier country than Italy and Spain and despite the snide remarks from the bitter and twisted left trying to politicise this we are getting into gear now. It’s going to put enormous pressure on the NHS but they will rise to that challenge. Of that I have no doubt.

As it stands it’s possible we can get through this crisis losing less people that we did on the first day of the battle of the Somme, so although it’s a frightening time it hopefully won’t be that bad as we edge ever nearer to a vaccine and effective treatment for those with it.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2020 19:50]

You did a nice job a politicising it yourself there in paragraph two, amidst your platitudes and your casual dismissal of the significance of 40,000 untimely deaths.

UK death rates... on 21:16 - Mar 28 with 691 viewsdirk_doone

Germany is flying in coronavirus victims from Italy so that they can be treated in German hospitals. Credit to them. That goes above and beyond what you'd expect of one country helping another.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2020 21:19]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024