Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saints Submit Plans For New Stadium Complex At Staplewood 10:00 - Apr 1 with 1024 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/52220/saints-submit-plan

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Saints Submit Plans For New Stadium Complex At Staplewood (n/t) on 11:11 - Apr 1 with 949 viewsDellHero

[Post edited 9 May 2020 20:19]
Saints Submit Plans For New Stadium Complex At Staplewood on 11:25 - Apr 1 with 927 viewsSaintNick

Saints Submit Plans For New Stadium Complex At Staplewood (n/t) on 11:11 - Apr 1 by DellHero

[Post edited 9 May 2020 20:19]

Something to brighten up the day in troubled times I hope

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Saints Submit Plans For New Stadium Complex At Staplewood on 12:00 - Apr 1 with 901 viewsSalisburySaint

Saints Submit Plans For New Stadium Complex At Staplewood on 11:25 - Apr 1 by SaintNick

Surprised one stand was not called Lafo Pirlo Stand
Saints Submit Plans For New Stadium Complex At Staplewood on 12:10 - Apr 1 with 887 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Saints Submit Plans For New Stadium Complex At Staplewood on 11:25 - Apr 1 by SaintNick

Someone, somewhere will be offended by it ;)

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Saints Submit Plans For New Stadium Complex At Staplewood on 12:25 - Apr 1 with 861 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

A fine article Nick, full of wit, enthusiasm and half truths which can then be extrapolated by the reader to make it a fun read.

One little point I would pick you up on though, your club are currently averaging less than 30k even with cheating figures, and even with the distorted figures of around 4 - 7,000 per game you are currently lying 15th in the attendance table. With your true attendance, your club would be sitting in 18th position, or possibly 17th.

Also, the population of Soton is around 255,000 or more so your real attendance figures are less than 10% of the city’s population.

So, therefore the joke doesn’t quite work, as the exaggeration is just too big. Shame you didn’t also mention the Titanic or the Spitfire as they often get forgotten in your town, but good effort though.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2020 12:27]

Poll: Is Southampton FC a big club. Where do they rank?

Saints Submit Plans For New Stadium Complex At Staplewood on 12:33 - Apr 1 with 854 viewsarfurdent

will not need seating as we will all have the fecking virus

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Saints Submit Plans For New Stadium Complex At Staplewood on 12:50 - Apr 1 with 834 viewsButty101

Saints Submit Plans For New Stadium Complex At Staplewood on 12:25 - Apr 1 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

A fine article Nick, full of wit, enthusiasm and half truths which can then be extrapolated by the reader to make it a fun read.

One little point I would pick you up on though, your club are currently averaging less than 30k even with cheating figures, and even with the distorted figures of around 4 - 7,000 per game you are currently lying 15th in the attendance table. With your true attendance, your club would be sitting in 18th position, or possibly 17th.

Also, the population of Soton is around 255,000 or more so your real attendance figures are less than 10% of the city’s population.

So, therefore the joke doesn’t quite work, as the exaggeration is just too big. Shame you didn’t also mention the Titanic or the Spitfire as they often get forgotten in your town, but good effort though.

Good god you are Dull

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Saints Submit Plans For New Stadium Complex At Staplewood on 13:20 - Apr 1 with 801 viewsIngskneeslide

Saints Submit Plans For New Stadium Complex At Staplewood on 12:25 - Apr 1 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

You’re like the love child of Rain Man and Eeyore
Login to get fewer ads

Saints Submit Plans For New Stadium Complex At Staplewood on 13:42 - Apr 1 with 776 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Saints Submit Plans For New Stadium Complex At Staplewood on 13:20 - Apr 1 by Ingskneeslide

You’re like the love child of Rain Man and Eeyore

Leslie used to call me Rain-man, as does Bicester North

Gotcha

Saints Submit Plans For New Stadium Complex At Staplewood on 14:23 - Apr 1 with 740 viewsSaintNick

I'm not sure your point here, I didn't mention attendances in the article only that the new stadium would be 4 times bigger than Fratton Park, would just point out that the last time that your club had an average attendance of over 25,000 was 1958.

To be even more pedantic in your entire history you have only had 7 seasons where the average attendance has been over 30,000, we have had over that number in the last 7 seasons.

The last time you achieved the 30k mark in a season was 1953 that is 67 years ago, despite the fact that for the well over half that time your ground held 49,000.

When is that sleeping giant going to awaken ?

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Saints Submit Plans For New Stadium Complex At Staplewood on 14:36 - Apr 1 with 724 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Saints Submit Plans For New Stadium Complex At Staplewood on 14:23 - Apr 1 by SaintNick

I'm not sure your point here, I didn't mention attendances in the article only that the new stadium would be 4 times bigger than Fratton Park, would just point out that the last time that your club had an average attendance of over 25,000 was 1958.

To be even more pedantic in your entire history you have only had 7 seasons where the average attendance has been over 30,000, we have had over that number in the last 7 seasons.

The last time you achieved the 30k mark in a season was 1953 that is 67 years ago, despite the fact that for the well over half that time your ground held 49,000.

When is that sleeping giant going to awaken ?

All a Pompey fan has to do is mention attendances, and 80% of Soton fans start frothing at the mouth.

Gotcha Nick, and I see you have already started another attendance thread up.

Saints Submit Plans For New Stadium Complex At Staplewood on 14:41 - Apr 1 with 726 viewskingslandstand1

Saints Submit Plans For New Stadium Complex At Staplewood on 13:42 - Apr 1 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Gotcha

Saints Submit Plans For New Stadium Complex At Staplewood (n/t) on 16:03 - Apr 1 with 679 viewsDellHero

Saints Submit Plans For New Stadium Complex At Staplewood on 14:41 - Apr 1 by kingslandstand1

[Post edited 9 May 2020 20:18]
Saints Submit Plans For New Stadium Complex At Staplewood on 16:37 - Apr 1 with 639 viewsIngskneeslide

Saints Submit Plans For New Stadium Complex At Staplewood on 13:42 - Apr 1 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Gotcha

I've no idea who that is mate, mongboards aren't my life. But the idea that only one person in the world thinks you're that way inclined is laughable. I would question why you've heard the insult more than once rather than throw the multiposter thing around if I were you.
Saints Submit Plans For New Stadium Complex At Staplewood on 16:49 - Apr 1 with 619 viewsthis_charming_man

Saints Submit Plans For New Stadium Complex At Staplewood on 16:37 - Apr 1 by Ingskneeslide

I've no idea who that is mate, mongboards aren't my life. But the idea that only one person in the world thinks you're that way inclined is laughable. I would question why you've heard the insult more than once rather than throw the multiposter thing around if I were you.

i could him it too by the way

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Saints Submit Plans For New Stadium Complex At Staplewood on 16:54 - Apr 1 with 612 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Saints Submit Plans For New Stadium Complex At Staplewood on 16:37 - Apr 1 by Ingskneeslide

Wise words for someone who only turned up on this mong-board in late September

“if I were you”, wouldn’t you be counting cards, and asking who’s on first base?

Saints Submit Plans For New Stadium Complex At Staplewood on 16:55 - Apr 1 with 611 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Saints Submit Plans For New Stadium Complex At Staplewood on 16:49 - Apr 1 by this_charming_man

i could him it too by the way

"i could him it too by the way"

You sound like another Raymond wannabe. Do you like baseball as well?

Saints Submit Plans For New Stadium Complex At Staplewood on 17:26 - Apr 1 with 570 viewsBison

Saints Submit Plans For New Stadium Complex At Staplewood on 16:55 - Apr 1 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

How's Canardia , you in lockdown too ?

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Saints Submit Plans For New Stadium Complex At Staplewood on 19:13 - Apr 1 with 510 viewsthis_charming_man

Saints Submit Plans For New Stadium Complex At Staplewood on 16:55 - Apr 1 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

How good a driver are you pal?

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024