Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trump doubling down 23:29 - Apr 14 with 2617 viewsDorsetIan

Trump has just announced that he's suspending US funding of the World Health Organisation.

He always needs someone else to blame. Blaming the virus doesn't work. He tried to blame China but pulled back on that one. Got to be the WHO next, hasn't it.

Suspending funding to the WHO at this time. Let's all just pause and take that one in.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Trump doubling down on 23:57 - Apr 14 with 1220 views1885_SFC

But he does have a point.

I know Trump isn't top of your 'People I'd like to Invite to my Dinner Party' list - but the WHO has been very incompetent on this outbreak. As recently as February, the W.H.O. had advised against imposing travel restrictions to places with outbreaks of the coronavirus, saying it was not an effective way combat its spread.

From the outset, China lied and lied again to the WHO that the virus cannot be spread human-to-human. As far back as December however, Taiwan was telling the WHO that China is lying and that the virus is indeed spreading human-to-human. Given the history of Chinese-Taiwan relations, the WHO tended to believe China's version. That may have something to do with the fact that after the USA, China is the second biggest funder of the WHO.

No wonder Trump is pissed.

Old School is Cool

Trump doubling down on 00:15 - Apr 15 with 1211 viewsOccasional_Showers

Trump doubling down on 23:57 - Apr 14 by 1885_SFC

I know Trump isn't top of your 'People I'd like to Invite to my Dinner Party' list - but the WHO has been very incompetent on this outbreak. As recently as February, the W.H.O. had advised against imposing travel restrictions to places with outbreaks of the coronavirus, saying it was not an effective way combat its spread.

From the outset, China lied and lied again to the WHO that the virus cannot be spread human-to-human. As far back as December however, Taiwan was telling the WHO that China is lying and that the virus is indeed spreading human-to-human. Given the history of Chinese-Taiwan relations, the WHO tended to believe China's version. That may have something to do with the fact that after the USA, China is the second biggest funder of the WHO.

I can hand on heart say if I was American he would get my vote. I think he’s wonderful.

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Trump doubling down on 01:32 - Apr 15 with 1197 viewsDorsetIan

Halting funding to the WHO in the middle of the largest global health crisis of the last 100years is
at best peevish. In reality it’s a standard diversionary scapegoating tactic by Trump.

Trump is interested in Trump. Only Trump.

Trump doubling down on 01:39 - Apr 15 with 1194 viewsDorsetIan

Trump doubling down on 00:15 - Apr 15 by Occasional_Showers

I can hand on heart say if I was American he would get my vote. I think he’s wonderful.

Why do you just keep repeating that you love Trump? You’re like a teenager with a popstar crush. It’s very odd.

Trump doubling down on 07:06 - Apr 15 with 1124 viewsOccasional_Showers

Trump doubling down on 01:39 - Apr 15 by DorsetIan

Why do you just keep repeating that you love Trump? You’re like a teenager with a popstar crush. It’s very odd.

Because he has done so much to put the world in a better place. His stance on China is exactly what is needed. You “Ian” would rather take the side of China over the side of your own people. That is very odd.

Trump doubling down on 07:17 - Apr 15 with 1107 viewsOlliekhent

Trump doubling down on 01:32 - Apr 15 by DorsetIan

Halting funding to the WHO in the middle of the largest global health crisis of the last 100years is
at best peevish. In reality it’s a standard diversionary scapegoating tactic by Trump.

Trump is interested in Trump. Only Trump.

Why have you avoided replying to the points made by 1885? His points are very valid. Trump seems to have his own very valid reasons for what he has done, but you have chosen to ignore those points totally and just re-iterate a clear hatred for the man without rationale.

The only bad air around here is you guys farting around.

Trump doubling down on 08:06 - Apr 15 with 1065 viewsDorsetIan

Trump doubling down on 07:06 - Apr 15 by Occasional_Showers

Because he has done so much to put the world in a better place. His stance on China is exactly what is needed. You “Ian” would rather take the side of China over the side of your own people. That is very odd.

Like most normal people, Ignatius, I am interested only in what can be done to fight or cope with this virus.

Only a complete complete c*nt would try to characterise this as a fight against the WHO, or as a patriotic fight between China and the British people. But such c*nts reveal themselves pretty clearly in times like this.

Trump doubling down on 08:11 - Apr 15 with 1055 viewsOlliekhent

Trump doubling down on 08:06 - Apr 15 by DorsetIan

Like most normal people, Ignatius, I am interested only in what can be done to fight or cope with this virus.

Only a complete complete c*nt would try to characterise this as a fight against the WHO, or as a patriotic fight between China and the British people. But such c*nts reveal themselves pretty clearly in times like this.

Do you think the WHO have been right in their stance to deny Taiwan membership based in the political issues between them and China? Do you think he WHO side with China over Taiwan for any other reason than funding?

Do you think all counties should pay a rate per head, rather than a rate based partly on the wealth of the country? The USA pays far more than anyone else, yet has a population 4 times smaller than China. Is that right and fair do you think?

Login to get fewer ads

Trump doubling down on 08:13 - Apr 15 with 1049 viewsDellHero_Would

Trump doubling down on 08:11 - Apr 15 by Olliekhent

Do you think the WHO have been right in their stance to deny Taiwan membership based in the political issues between them and China? Do you think he WHO side with China over Taiwan for any other reason than funding?

Do you think all counties should pay a rate per head, rather than a rate based partly on the wealth of the country? The USA pays far more than anyone else, yet has a population 4 times smaller than China. Is that right and fair do you think?

Shouldn’t you be milking the cows “Ian” and cooking the guests breakfast “Ollie”?

Poll: Wearing a mask

Trump doubling down on 08:15 - Apr 15 with 1036 viewsOlliekhent

Trump doubling down on 08:13 - Apr 15 by DellHero_Would

Shouldn’t you be milking the cows “Ian” and cooking the guests breakfast “Ollie”?

What on earth? Did you mean to reply to me, as that makes no sense at all.

Trump doubling down on 08:18 - Apr 15 with 1024 viewsDorsetIan

Trump doubling down on 07:17 - Apr 15 by Olliekhent

Why have you avoided replying to the points made by 1885? His points are very valid. Trump seems to have his own very valid reasons for what he has done, but you have chosen to ignore those points totally and just re-iterate a clear hatred for the man without rationale.

I didn’t ignore it, I replied to it. My point is that whatever’s criticism might be levelled at the WHO, cutting funding to it in the middle of a crisis like this the act is a petty but terrible thing to do. You would think so too, if this country were one of those more heavily reliant on WHO support.

Further, this act by Trump is nothing to do with his criticism of the WHO. It is simply an excuse to divert criticism away from his own failures in relation to this crisis. He would not care what the WHO had done if fingers weren’t being pointed at him.

Trump doubling down on 08:19 - Apr 15 with 1021 viewsJaySaint

He has a point, doesn't he.

Just ignore who is saying it and listen to the message.

I know that is impossible for some, but hey ho

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Trump doubling down on 08:24 - Apr 15 with 1003 viewsgrumpy

Trump doubling down on 00:15 - Apr 15 by Occasional_Showers

Trump doubling down on 08:29 - Apr 15 with 992 viewsDorsetIan

Trump doubling down on 08:19 - Apr 15 by JaySaint

He might have a point. Who cares. The funding cut at this vital time is the only story here.

Trump doubling down on 08:31 - Apr 15 with 979 viewsJaySaint

Trump doubling down on 08:29 - Apr 15 by DorsetIan

He might have a point. Who cares. The funding cut at this vital time is the only story here.

the initial point in your first post was about Trump needing to blame someone else.
but now, the only story is about funding to the WHO?

be honest, Trump could personally invent the vaccine and save the world and you would still get worked up by it.

Trump doubling down on 08:31 - Apr 15 with 976 viewsgrumpy

Have a look at some of the many achievements of WHO and tell me its still a good idea to leave it .
Trump doubling down on 08:32 - Apr 15 with 972 viewsOccasional_Showers

Trump doubling down on 08:19 - Apr 15 by JaySaint

It is being reported that he wants the number of American people in a given organisation representative to the %age of money America puts in. By withdrawing funds it will focus minds in the WHO. Make no mistake the WHO has failed miserably in its handling of this crisis precisely because of its bias towards the Chinese state. It isn’t fit for purpose in its current form and Donald Trump should be applauded for taking the first step in getting it fixed.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2020 8:33]

Trump doubling down on 08:33 - Apr 15 with 961 viewsprofessor_peach

Deflect, deny, distort and discredit
Trump doubling down on 08:34 - Apr 15 with 957 viewsJaySaint

Trump doubling down on 08:31 - Apr 15 by grumpy

Have a look at some of the many achievements of WHO and tell me its still a good idea to leave it .

I don't think anyone is leaving it. More like giving it a whacking kick up the arse it probably needs.

Trump doubling down on 08:35 - Apr 15 with 952 viewsgrumpy

Trump doubling down on 08:34 - Apr 15 by JaySaint

I don't think anyone is leaving it. More like giving it a whacking kick up the arse it probably needs.

Suspending funding by a country as big as the States you might has well be.
Trump doubling down on 08:36 - Apr 15 with 949 viewsOlliekhent

Trump doubling down on 08:18 - Apr 15 by DorsetIan

I didn’t ignore it, I replied to it. My point is that whatever’s criticism might be levelled at the WHO, cutting funding to it in the middle of a crisis like this the act is a petty but terrible thing to do. You would think so too, if this country were one of those more heavily reliant on WHO support.

Further, this act by Trump is nothing to do with his criticism of the WHO. It is simply an excuse to divert criticism away from his own failures in relation to this crisis. He would not care what the WHO had done if fingers weren’t being pointed at him.

Trump doubling down on 08:36 - Apr 15 with 939 viewsJaySaint

Trump doubling down on 08:35 - Apr 15 by grumpy

Suspending funding by a country as big as the States you might has well be.

I bet they (WHO) change massively very quickly. Which will be of benefit to the world.

Trump doubling down on 08:41 - Apr 15 with 925 viewsDorsetIan

Trump doubling down on 08:31 - Apr 15 by JaySaint

the initial point in your first post was about Trump needing to blame someone else.
but now, the only story is about funding to the WHO?

be honest, Trump could personally invent the vaccine and save the world and you would still get worked up by it.

He cut the funding to divert the blame. That’s the point.

Not true. I was only saying to someone yesterday that I had heard him talk cogently about the oil price stuff and that Jon Sopel was giving him credit for the time he gives to the journalists, even while he is being criticised.

I just think it a completely petty, cynical and immoral thing to do to cut the funding at this time. It’s like a manager taking his team off in the middle of the FA Cup final because his team is playing really badly, but he wants to blame the referee.

Trump doubling down on 08:41 - Apr 15 with 924 viewsgrumpy

Trump doubling down on 08:36 - Apr 15 by JaySaint

I bet they (WHO) change massively very quickly. Which will be of benefit to the world.

Have the WHO not benefited the World?Have a look at their past history.
Trump doubling down on 08:49 - Apr 15 with 909 viewsOccasional_Showers

Trump doubling down on 08:41 - Apr 15 by grumpy

Have the WHO not benefited the World?Have a look at their past history.

They have failed miserably in this crisis. They have been influenced and politically compromised by China and that has resulted in TENS OF THOUSANDS OF DEATHS. You really are a total thicko Grumpy. If you can’t keep up with an adult and responsible train of thought can I suggest you keep your mouth shut?
[Post edited 15 Apr 2020 8:52]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024