Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tough read 12:04 - Apr 19 with 14159 viewssaint22

This tells you how mistakes have cost lives and futures

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/18/how-did-britain-get-its-response-t
Tough read on 10:44 - Apr 22 with 681 viewsJaySaint

Tough read on 10:41 - Apr 22 by this_charming_man

Again, who are the people with an inability to acknowledge everything is far from perfect?

no answer. Strange

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Tough read on 10:50 - Apr 22 with 672 viewsthis_charming_man

Tough read on 10:41 - Apr 22 by Sadoldgit

Boris Johnson is fond of telling us about his heroes, Churchill and Pericles for example. Another is Larry Vaughn. Who he you ask? Larry is the mayor of Amity who taught to keep the beaches open despite a great deal of evidence that a very large shark was gradually chomping it’s was through holidaymakers I’m the film Jaws. Probably explains are great deal about his early response to the
outbreak of Covid-19.

Did you quote that directly from the Guardian? lost it mate.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Tough read on 10:51 - Apr 22 with 669 viewsDorsetIan

Again, who are the people with an inability to acknowledge everything is far from perfect?

Alf Garnett and his friends. Those who dismiss questions and criticism as either being politically biased or 'fake news'. Those whose instinct is to play the man before the ball.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Tough read on 10:52 - Apr 22 with 668 viewsGasGiant

Tough read on 12:37 - Apr 19 by Sadoldgit

Read the article

I read it, and while it is clear that mistakes were made by the Government, and that this will be dealt with in months to come, much only becomes clear with hindsight. What is also clear is that the article is not objective. If anyone had presented me a paper that included partisan sophistry such as the notion that Hancock "rubbing his hands with glee" on getting his appointment somehow equated to a"lack of concern" for the pandemic I'd have torn it up and told the author to bloody well rewrite it properly, and stop trying to feed the inate bias of receptive readers. That kind of prejudice tends to get amplified in the distasteful minds of those already predisposed to apportion blame in the middle of an unfolding drama. What I find unpalatable is the endless dripping of those determined to pin every single problem at the very top, as though every single piece of paper in the UK passes across a single desk behind which sits a single Government minister. Do you seriously believe that? I don't deny for a second that mistakes were, are and will be made in execution because in history there has never been any war or national emergency that did go to plan. Christ you only have to look back to 1940 to see that, and indeed it would have been easy to find a picture of Churchill smiling with a cigar after Dunkirk with a caption "PM relaxes and laughs after defeat" THat is stupid lazy journalism, yes it occurs in the DM at least as much as the Guadian, but that doesn't make it right or good, so don't come on here pushing it as some kind of paragon of objectivity. WHat is your bloody purpose?
Tough read on 10:52 - Apr 22 with 668 viewsSadoldgit

You are a bright boy Charming Man, I am sure you can work it out.

I used the word “shambles” Ian because every day we are still hearing contradictions coming from cabinet ministers and their advisers. We are still hearing of providers telling us that they can produce PPE but getting no response from Government departments. Despite mounting evidence that face masks can help reduce the spread of the virus, still no direction from Hancock. Yes, the lockdown has been a success but it really should have happened sooner. The care home situation has not been sorted yet. People still have to risk their lives going to supermarkets yet there has been time to sort out extra help with home food deliveries by using the army and the GPO and others as supplementary drivers for supermarkets. Just wait until people get stuck into the Universal Credit system (which was a soul destroying experience before the pandemic).I could go on but I don’t want to bore Jay.
Tough read on 11:01 - Apr 22 with 658 viewsthis_charming_man

Tough read on 10:52 - Apr 22 by Sadoldgit

You are a bright boy Charming Man, I am sure you can work it out.

I used the word “shambles” Ian because every day we are still hearing contradictions coming from cabinet ministers and their advisers. We are still hearing of providers telling us that they can produce PPE but getting no response from Government departments. Despite mounting evidence that face masks can help reduce the spread of the virus, still no direction from Hancock. Yes, the lockdown has been a success but it really should have happened sooner. The care home situation has not been sorted yet. People still have to risk their lives going to supermarkets yet there has been time to sort out extra help with home food deliveries by using the army and the GPO and others as supplementary drivers for supermarkets. Just wait until people get stuck into the Universal Credit system (which was a soul destroying experience before the pandemic).I could go on but I don’t want to bore Jay.

How many people have contracted CV-19 in supermarkets?

Tough read on 11:07 - Apr 22 with 656 viewsthis_charming_man

Tough read on 10:51 - Apr 22 by DorsetIan

Alf Garnett and his friends. Those who dismiss questions and criticism as either being politically biased or 'fake news'. Those whose instinct is to play the man before the ball.

I haven't seen or heard a single person deny that things could be better, or claim no one should be able to ask questions, have you? What i have seen is people question the agenda and the constant " EVERY SINGLE DEATH IS ALL THE GOVERNMENTS FAULT" and the hindsight experts telling everyone now what should have been done. It's very easy to sit back and critise from your computer at what should have been done.

Tough read on 11:27 - Apr 22 with 646 viewsSadoldgit

Funny that, I have not seen or heard one person say every single death is down to the Government but there has been plenty of criticism of people criticising the Government, along with them being called scum and traitors, even suggestion that they should be rounded up. Yes, on here.
Login to get fewer ads

Tough read on 11:30 - Apr 22 with 644 viewsDorsetIan

Tough read on 11:07 - Apr 22 by this_charming_man

I haven't seen or heard a single person deny that things could be better, or claim no one should be able to ask questions, have you? What i have seen is people question the agenda and the constant " EVERY SINGLE DEATH IS ALL THE GOVERNMENTS FAULT" and the hindsight experts telling everyone now what should have been done. It's very easy to sit back and critise from your computer at what should have been done.

Yes. Ignatius posts frequently that 'the people's government' is doing nothing wrong and that all complaints are from 'vile extremist lefties'.

Few others are as nutty as him but many people (you included) are quick to dismiss criticism as being biased or fake news.

Yes, it is very easy to sit back and criticise from a computer. But it is also very easy to dismiss ALL criticism as being fake or politically motivated. Trump has made a career out of it and it will be the death of democracy if we're not careful.

Tough read on 11:31 - Apr 22 with 644 viewsSadoldgit

Tough read on 10:50 - Apr 22 by this_charming_man

Did you quote that directly from the Guardian? lost it mate.

Yes, the journalist reports from a speech he gave in 2006. I am sure you will find it in the archives if you don’t believe it happened.
Tough read on 12:10 - Apr 22 with 621 viewsinthebox

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/22/revealed-private-firm-running-uk-p
Messy privatisation
Tough read on 14:29 - Apr 22 with 585 viewsSadoldgit

Just read an allegation that the Government have set up 128 false twitter accounts allegedly of NHS staffers spreading positive propaganda about the Government. Not great if true. So far one has been discovered to be false and has been deleted. The evidence has been asked for and will be forthcoming when in a user friendly form. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.
Tough read on 14:42 - Apr 22 with 583 views1885_SFC

Tough read on 14:29 - Apr 22 by Sadoldgit

Just read an allegation that the Government have set up 128 false twitter accounts allegedly of NHS staffers spreading positive propaganda about the Government. Not great if true. So far one has been discovered to be false and has been deleted. The evidence has been asked for and will be forthcoming when in a user friendly form. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

As the forum's resident drama queen - I don't doubt you're constantly looking for every single negative story & report of government wrongdoing. For the sake of your own mental health, you need to get out in the sun... get some fresh air... step away from the computer. If I was a doctor - I would diagnose cabin fever (Google it).

Old School is Cool

Tough read on 14:51 - Apr 22 with 569 viewsOccasional_Showers

Tough read on 14:29 - Apr 22 by Sadoldgit

Oh no, that’s terrible nutty.

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Tough read on 16:33 - Apr 22 with 548 viewsSadoldgit

Tough read on 14:42 - Apr 22 by 1885_SFC

As the forum's resident drama queen - I don't doubt you're constantly looking for every single negative story & report of government wrongdoing. For the sake of your own mental health, you need to get out in the sun... get some fresh air... step away from the computer. If I was a doctor - I would diagnose cabin fever (Google it).

Drama Queen? So no drama with thousands of people dying everyday then? The sad fact is that every time I look at my news feed or turn on the TV there is inevitably another negative story, but let’s keep pretending that everything is fine and dandy shall we?
Tough read on 16:36 - Apr 22 with 545 viewsthis_charming_man

Tough read on 16:33 - Apr 22 by Sadoldgit

Drama Queen? So no drama with thousands of people dying everyday then? The sad fact is that every time I look at my news feed or turn on the TV there is inevitably another negative story, but let’s keep pretending that everything is fine and dandy shall we?

give it a rest FFS

We get the same news as you but we arent all so hysterical. Go and have a walk or something

Tough read on 17:18 - Apr 22 with 531 viewsSadoldgit

Tough read on 16:36 - Apr 22 by this_charming_man

give it a rest FFS

We get the same news as you but we arent all so hysterical. Go and have a walk or something

I think you need to look up the meaning of the word hysterical pal. And you are the one who needs to take a walk... are you still struggling to get the point from yesterday or do I need to explain to you again?
Tough read on 17:35 - Apr 22 with 513 viewsOccasional_Showers

Tough read on 17:18 - Apr 22 by Sadoldgit

I think you need to look up the meaning of the word hysterical pal. And you are the one who needs to take a walk... are you still struggling to get the point from yesterday or do I need to explain to you again?

Tough read on 18:13 - Apr 22 with 495 viewsVagina_Dentata

Tough read on 17:35 - Apr 22 by Occasional_Showers

I don’t understand why this is an insult? I gather these are from a televisual programme named ‘Gogglebox’? As I understand it from some rudimentary research, they seem very happy and very much in love. Plus, she looks like she’d be absolutely filthy in the sack. I’d love to tick a GILF off the list.

you can drink your weak lemon drink now.

Tough read on 18:48 - Apr 22 with 481 viewsthis_charming_man

Tough read on 17:18 - Apr 22 by Sadoldgit

Had a walk and a run today pal plus been working. Not sharing every bad news story I can find on a mongboard.

Tough read on 19:51 - Apr 22 with 443 viewsOccasional_Showers

Tough read on 18:48 - Apr 22 by this_charming_man

Had a walk and a run today pal plus been working. Not sharing every bad news story I can find on a mongboard.

It’s not worth putting the news on now, it’s just more of the same every day. Today I noted the usual bleating about PPE from the left wing NHS activists, but crucially also noted that no PPE has actually run out yet. These morale sapping sowers of doom and division are a disgrace. Those on the frontline of our NHS are doing a tremendous job and they shouldn’t have to listen to these vile troublemakers politicising something that hasn’t even happened.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2020 21:18]

Tough read on 20:30 - Apr 22 with 424 viewsSadoldgit

Tough read on 18:48 - Apr 22 by this_charming_man

Good to hear. Just to assure you that I didn’t share every bad news story, just the pertinent ones relating to this thread about the current situation and the Government’s competency in dealing with it. It is quite important you know. Have a pleasant evening. Let’s hope for some better news tomorrow eh? 😉
Tough read on 22:34 - Apr 22 with 385 viewsDorsetIan

Tough read on 19:51 - Apr 22 by Occasional_Showers

It’s not worth putting the news on now, it’s just more of the same every day. Today I noted the usual bleating about PPE from the left wing NHS activists, but crucially also noted that no PPE has actually run out yet. These morale sapping sowers of doom and division are a disgrace. Those on the frontline of our NHS are doing a tremendous job and they shouldn’t have to listen to these vile troublemakers politicising something that hasn’t even happened.

You're the only disgrace, Ignatius. Continuing to pump out your poisonous bile in these troubling times.

You are one sick puppy.

Tough read on 22:56 - Apr 22 with 382 viewsthis_charming_man

Tough read on 19:51 - Apr 22 by Occasional_Showers

Bad news sells at the best of times.

Tough read on 23:02 - Apr 22 with 375 viewsDorsetIan

Tough read on 22:56 - Apr 22 by this_charming_man

Bad news sells at the best of times.

So does the truth in times like these.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024