Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football 09:25 - Apr 28 with 2971 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/52329/planning-ramped-up

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 23:01 - Apr 29 with 862 views1885_SFC

Boris will announce tomorrow that because of the high death rate in the UK still - we aren't coming out of lock down anytime soon.

Funnily enough - the PL are due to meet tomorrow too.

I still can't see how the football season can continue. Write it off. Start again September/October this year. Stick your SKY/Scouse gits/£££££ up your arse!

Old School is Cool

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 08:04 - Apr 30 with 796 viewsJaySaint

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 23:01 - Apr 29 by 1885_SFC

Boris will announce tomorrow that because of the high death rate in the UK still - we aren't coming out of lock down anytime soon.

Funnily enough - the PL are due to meet tomorrow too.

I still can't see how the football season can continue. Write it off. Start again September/October this year. Stick your SKY/Scouse gits/£££££ up your arse!

The cynic in me wonders if Man City were on course to win another title (3rd in a row?) the clamour to 'finish the season' would not be so in-your-face.

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 09:01 - Apr 30 with 773 viewssolent_toffee

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 08:04 - Apr 30 by JaySaint

The cynic in me wonders if Man City were on course to win another title (3rd in a row?) the clamour to 'finish the season' would not be so in-your-face.

I’ve been thinking that, I wouldn’t have thought that ex Man City players would be constantly in the media bleating on about it though.

Also, everyone keeps going on about Liverpool, but IF and it is a big IF, the season recommences and a fully up for it Liverpool win their next two games and win the title, do you think that Liverpool and Klopp will go all out to win their remaining games and thus retaining the integrity of the league that they have called for in the past few months?
Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 09:03 - Apr 30 with 770 viewsthis_charming_man

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 09:01 - Apr 30 by solent_toffee

I’ve been thinking that, I wouldn’t have thought that ex Man City players would be constantly in the media bleating on about it though.

Also, everyone keeps going on about Liverpool, but IF and it is a big IF, the season recommences and a fully up for it Liverpool win their next two games and win the title, do you think that Liverpool and Klopp will go all out to win their remaining games and thus retaining the integrity of the league that they have called for in the past few months?

i would fully expect them to try to get the Madrid game replayed as the Tories should have cancelled the original one.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 09:12 - Apr 30 with 760 viewsRednWight

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 09:03 - Apr 30 by this_charming_man

i would fully expect them to try to get the Madrid game replayed as the Tories should have cancelled the original one.

Now that’s funny

The older I get the better I was
Poll: Cortese. Would we have him back

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 11:04 - Apr 30 with 723 viewsButty101

Nick seems very keen for the season to start again.

He has written several I told you the season would start in June articles. However when Germany can their season today the premiership will be out of options.

I would love to see football crash personally. It needs a massive correction

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 11:55 - Apr 30 with 706 viewsBicester_North

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 11:04 - Apr 30 by Butty101

He has written several I told you the season would start in June articles. However when Germany can their season today the premiership will be out of options.

I’d love to see the premier league crash, not the lower leagues

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 13:34 - Apr 30 with 668 viewssolent_toffee

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 11:55 - Apr 30 by Bicester_North

I’d love to see the premier league crash, not the lower leagues

Sky have just showed the Peterborough Saints 4 each game. Cracking match, some players there for a league one game.
Login to get fewer ads

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 14:07 - Apr 30 with 638 viewsSaintNick

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 11:04 - Apr 30 by Butty101

Im not keen for it to start again unless safely, however im not nailing all my colours to one mast when I have no real grasp of the real situation.

Deaths will not stop overnight, we can only just make plans and see if we can see them through

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 15:14 - Apr 30 with 615 viewsSaintsforeverj

The Police saying today, that they will be too stretched across the country to stop Liverpool fans celebrating in the street, not just in Liverpool but all over the country.

Of course they will gather outside of Anfield on the day of the title win and "House parties" etc. There will be thousands of them and will risk spread of the virus. I would love to see some football and see where Saints finish etc but if there is one reason to void the season, it's to stop Liverpool winning the league. Their performance on the pitch deserves the title but the club that makes illegal approaches, attempts to furlough, arrogant idiots, in your face club doesn't deserve it. It would be justice for their behaviour not to be given the title.

And it's a fair point - the gathering of fans outside grounds will cause a nightmare for the police trying to ensure social distancing.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52484530
[Post edited 30 Apr 2020 15:28]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 15:20 - Apr 30 with 606 viewscocklebreath

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 13:34 - Apr 30 by solent_toffee

Sky have just showed the Peterborough Saints 4 each game. Cracking match, some players there for a league one game.

Never forget that game, before the game I put £10 on 4-2 and 4-3 to saints at 66/1 and 100/1 when we got to 4/2 I was getting excited but still plenty of time left and Posh had the wind behind them, when it went 4-3 I was looking at winning a grand, when Posh made it 4-4 right near the end it was sickening not only had I not won a grand but we’d thrown away a 2 goal lead in a huge promotion 6 pointer 🤮

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 15:25 - Apr 30 with 593 viewsRednWight

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 15:14 - Apr 30 by Saintsforeverj

The Police saying today, that they will be too stretched across the country to stop Liverpool fans celebrating in the street, not just in Liverpool but all over the country.

Of course they will gather outside of Anfield on the day of the title win and "House parties" etc. There will be thousands of them and will risk spread of the virus. I would love to see some football and see where Saints finish etc but if there is one reason to void the season, it's to stop Liverpool winning the league. Their performance on the pitch deserves the title but the club that makes illegal approaches, attempts to furlough, arrogant idiots, in your face club doesn't deserve it. It would be justice for their behaviour not to be given the title.

And it's a fair point - the gathering of fans outside grounds will cause a nightmare for the police trying to ensure social distancing.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52484530
[Post edited 30 Apr 2020 15:28]

They could make them all have appointments with their probation officers at that time
That would cut numbers down

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 15:27 - Apr 30 with 586 viewsthis_charming_man

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 15:20 - Apr 30 by cocklebreath

Never forget that game, before the game I put £10 on 4-2 and 4-3 to saints at 66/1 and 100/1 when we got to 4/2 I was getting excited but still plenty of time left and Posh had the wind behind them, when it went 4-3 I was looking at winning a grand, when Posh made it 4-4 right near the end it was sickening not only had I not won a grand but we’d thrown away a 2 goal lead in a huge promotion 6 pointer 🤮

twice, IIRC we went 2-0 up then 4-2.

Great game, the away end at Peterborough was great for making a noise, large covered terrace not many left like that these days. The only downside was we were stood near those mongs who were wearing high viz jackets shouting "pork pork" thinking they were hilarious.

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 15:30 - Apr 30 with 576 viewsSaintsforeverj

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 15:20 - Apr 30 by cocklebreath

The away days in the lower leagues were great. In shed stands, night matches, proper grounds, proper fans, muddy pitches etc. Loved the lower leagues, but it helped that we were good and on the rise back up.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 15:33 - Apr 30 with 562 viewsJaySaint

Bristol Rovers away (we won 5-1) was a cracking night.

Their fans were generally decent also.

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 15:45 - Apr 30 with 546 viewssolent_toffee

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 15:27 - Apr 30 by this_charming_man

twice, IIRC we went 2-0 up then 4-2.

Great game, the away end at Peterborough was great for making a noise, large covered terrace not many left like that these days. The only downside was we were stood near those mongs who were wearing high viz jackets shouting "pork pork" thinking they were hilarious.

I’m sure I just saw Wints on the telly when Hammond scored, he wasn’t wearing a high viz jacket though.
Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 16:12 - Apr 30 with 532 viewsWints76

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 15:45 - Apr 30 by solent_toffee

I’m sure I just saw Wints on the telly when Hammond scored, he wasn’t wearing a high viz jacket though.

I was there. My then 11 year old son was told off when we got home as my missus saw him flicking the V's at one of their players

I do remember the ones who shouted pork, in their hi viz and builders hats. Not seen them for a while, though I now sit in the Family Centre and they may not be allowed within a certain distance of there
Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 17:01 - Apr 30 with 505 viewsthis_charming_man

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 16:12 - Apr 30 by Wints76

I was there. My then 11 year old son was told off when we got home as my missus saw him flicking the V's at one of their players

I do remember the ones who shouted pork, in their hi viz and builders hats. Not seen them for a while, though I now sit in the Family Centre and they may not be allowed within a certain distance of there

I think they started singing some sh!t songs about stewards

"you are a steward, a f*cking steward...." to the tune of you are my sunshine

The second season we played them was good too, a few weeks before promotion, probably about 3,000 up there, think it was mid week. Great atmosphere, we won 3-1.

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 17:44 - May 5 with 422 viewsPatfromPoole

Finally someone asks about the return of football at the daily coronavirus briefing.

Raab confirmed that meetings have been held on this, and they want life to get back towards normality.

Definitely sounds like they are looking at a return behind closed doors.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 18:13 - May 5 with 405 viewsRednWight

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 17:44 - May 5 by PatfromPoole

Finally someone asks about the return of football at the daily coronavirus briefing.

Raab confirmed that meetings have been held on this, and they want life to get back towards normality.

Definitely sounds like they are looking at a return behind closed doors.

Yep. Because that’s really normal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024