Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football 09:25 - Apr 28 with 2970 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/52329/planning-ramped-up

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 16:41 - Apr 28 with 905 viewssaint22

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 15:40 - Apr 28 by dirk_doone

Yet another league season abandoned:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52460468

It looks like only the Premier League and the Bundesliga are going to attempt to complete the current season.

Its ludicrous
How can football be played with social distancing measures in place UNLESS very single player tis tested and cleared? Ahead of all our frontline workers
Do me a favour
Call it quits start again in August......all being well
Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 17:11 - Apr 28 with 875 viewsSaintsforeverj

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 16:41 - Apr 28 by saint22

Its ludicrous
How can football be played with social distancing measures in place UNLESS very single player tis tested and cleared? Ahead of all our frontline workers
Do me a favour
Call it quits start again in August......all being well

Won't be a vaccine by August. That's the problem. How long do we socially distance for. Logically, we can't lockdown forever anyway can we? No football or anything until next January at the earliest? Or should we at least try to get back to normal as safely as possible?
[Post edited 28 Apr 2020 17:13]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 17:21 - Apr 28 with 856 viewsthis_charming_man

Doesn’t look like there will be matches at st Mary’s anything soon, the pitch was removed today.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 17:26 - Apr 28 with 858 viewsSaintNick

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 15:26 - Apr 28 by PatfromPoole

Your last sentence is one of the key reasons why there absolutely should be no football whatsoever, Nick.

Why should everybody else have to stay at home the whole time if football is being played? This will be the commonly-held view across the country, and the virus will spread like wildfire.

You really think Liverpool won’t be full of celebrations for their League trophy? They set the flares off at any opportunity.

Those 100,000 will go out whether football is played or not, my point is that playing a game behind closed doors is actually quite small in the grand scheme of things.

Someone said what about all the paramedics needed, truth is teams have their own medical staff, the only non club paramedics are usually 2 ambulance staff paid for by the club to attend in case of extreme medical issues

Where will Liverpool fans actually go to celebrate their league title win, they will put measures in place to stop large gatherings

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 17:29 - Apr 28 with 856 viewshuelinsaint

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 13:19 - Apr 28 by SaintNick

Ok Ill give the Premier League a ring let them know that you know better than the experts, I'm sure they will take your advice.

Quick question, do you think that they A .have just cobbled together a couple of dates in hope or B. that they have been working with the Government and their advisers on this for a couple of months so they are doing so with some sort of accuracy on what and when it can be achieved.

I think you're a little too desperate to get football going again, there are more important things than a game of football at the moment. These what if scenarios put forward by other posters are valid concerns,you can't just rush into it because people are missing their football fix
Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 17:33 - Apr 28 with 849 viewsthis_charming_man

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 17:29 - Apr 28 by huelinsaint

I think you're a little too desperate to get football going again, there are more important things than a game of football at the moment. These what if scenarios put forward by other posters are valid concerns,you can't just rush into it because people are missing their football fix

So you don’t think the authorities and premier league will have thought about these concerns?

Live football for a couple of months will be great for the countries moral after what will be by then 2 1/2 months of lockdown, people as usual seem to be looking for what could go wrong not how it can happen. I say this as someone not fussed if it restarts or not, I’ve enough going on in my life to ot need a football fix but realise for many it’ll be a return to some sort of normaility.

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 17:35 - Apr 28 with 851 viewsTripleNiemi

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 14:49 - Apr 28 by PatfromPoole

For the birds, all this.

Not going to happen.

I hope you are right Pat.

Tbh, i personally am not interested one little bit about football returning this year, let alone completing this season.

Some things are immaterial when there is a far bigger picture.

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 17:50 - Apr 28 with 834 viewssolent_toffee

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 17:33 - Apr 28 by this_charming_man

So you don’t think the authorities and premier league will have thought about these concerns?

Live football for a couple of months will be great for the countries moral after what will be by then 2 1/2 months of lockdown, people as usual seem to be looking for what could go wrong not how it can happen. I say this as someone not fussed if it restarts or not, I’ve enough going on in my life to ot need a football fix but realise for many it’ll be a return to some sort of normaility.

Do you think the games will be any good? I reckon they will be like those early pre-season training games that clubs stream every summer with saddos* in to get a glimpse of their new heroes. Possibly even worse as I don’t think any of the players will be putting much of a foot in and will be going through the motions because they have to.

* me most seasons convinced that Everton have just bought the new Messi e.g Sandro Ramirez = bag of sh1te.
Login to get fewer ads

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 17:53 - Apr 28 with 829 viewsthis_charming_man

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 17:50 - Apr 28 by solent_toffee

Do you think the games will be any good? I reckon they will be like those early pre-season training games that clubs stream every summer with saddos* in to get a glimpse of their new heroes. Possibly even worse as I don’t think any of the players will be putting much of a foot in and will be going through the motions because they have to.

* me most seasons convinced that Everton have just bought the new Messi e.g Sandro Ramirez = bag of sh1te.

It’ll be weird With no crowd but there is still a lot to play for, European places, promotion and relegation so I’d like to think it’d be competitive at least. I just hope they don’t pipe in crowd noise that would be horrendous.

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 17:53 - Apr 28 with 831 viewsSaintsforeverj

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 17:35 - Apr 28 by TripleNiemi

I hope you are right Pat.

Tbh, i personally am not interested one little bit about football returning this year, let alone completing this season.

Some things are immaterial when there is a far bigger picture.

I can't see why players and officials playing games behind closed doors, who have tested negative to the virus are any threat to us or anyone. Until a vaccine is found, there will be a slight risk to us all anyway. In that case football or anything wouldn't return for possibly years. All those people stuck at home, who can't leave the house at all, might appreciate a bit of football to watch.

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 18:06 - Apr 28 with 812 viewsRednWight

I see France has said no football even behind closed doors till at east September
Season void

The older I get the better I was
Poll: Cortese. Would we have him back

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 18:12 - Apr 28 with 804 viewsdirk_doone

Normality is cricket in June and July and football in August. Let's stick to that.

The idea of completing a football league season in the summer and messing up the beginning of the next season just seems to be making things even less normal. It's going to be hard enough to get ready for the start of next season as it is.

Football behind closed doors, played by a bunch of unfit players, half of whom won't care whether they win or lose, wouldn't be much more attractive to football fans than watching an U23s game at Staplewood. And with other European leagues sensibly winding up now, if any coronavirus fatalities occur because of these games, the government and the football authorities in this country are going to have a hell of a lot to answer for.

Testing alone does not eliminate the threat of coronavirus contagion. You'd need players isolated from each other and everybody else for long periods, which is not going to happen with an intense period of games involving hundreds of players and backroom staff from all over the country.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2020 18:19]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 18:20 - Apr 28 with 792 viewsSaintsforeverj

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 18:12 - Apr 28 by dirk_doone

Normality is cricket in June and July and football in August. Let's stick to that.

The idea of completing a football league season in the summer and messing up the beginning of the next season just seems to be making things even less normal. It's going to be hard enough to get ready for the start of next season as it is.

Football behind closed doors, played by a bunch of unfit players, half of whom won't care whether they win or lose, wouldn't be much more attractive to football fans than watching an U23s game at Staplewood. And with other European leagues sensibly winding up now, if any coronavirus fatalities occur because of these games, the government and the football authorities in this country are going to have a hell of a lot to answer for.

Testing alone does not eliminate the threat of coronavirus contagion. You'd need players isolated from each other and everybody else for long periods, which is not going to happen with an intense period of games involving hundreds of players and backroom staff from all over the country.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2020 18:19]

Fair enough, but can we start again in August? It will be just as risky without a vaccine, especially to pack stadiums with thousands of people. Do we start next season and then void it again if cases rise due to the crowds? What if it takes 2 years to find a vaccine or never. I know other countries have cancelled but are they starting again in August? Because, it won't be safe then either.
All sport banished to the history books.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2020 18:22]

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 18:36 - Apr 28 with 781 viewsdirk_doone

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 18:20 - Apr 28 by Saintsforeverj

Fair enough, but can we start again in August? It will be just as risky without a vaccine, especially to pack stadiums with thousands of people. Do we start next season and then void it again if cases rise due to the crowds? What if it takes 2 years to find a vaccine or never. I know other countries have cancelled but are they starting again in August? Because, it won't be safe then either.
All sport banished to the history books.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2020 18:22]

We don't know yet but rushing into things when we don't have to isn't going to solve anything, A late start to next season will allow more time for planning. September has been mentioned in some countries.

Waiting a few months won't hurt. The Football League was closed down from 1939 to 1945, yet still recovered.

[Post edited 28 Apr 2020 21:33]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 21:32 - Apr 28 with 734 viewsNYC_Saint

I think it will be very difficult to reopen any sport in Europe as the political risk for government approval is too high should it spike cases. German return on May 9th is dependent on government approval as would an English one penciled in for June 8th. I don’t either leader will want to stick out especially with other leagues already cancelled. A closed doors program would still attract gatherings which would require policing etc etc. We had the equivalent of the red arrrows fly up the Hudson River past Manhattan today and there were hordes of people gathering to watch. I doubt very many avid aviation enthusiasts, it was just the first thing that got some excitement and it’s natural for people to want to congregate. From speaking to friends back home in the UK it seems, especially for the younger generation, getting people to stay home when the suns out is very difficult to achieve. Add in the excitement of a return of football and countless gatherings would occur. I can’t imagine government advice has been supportive that this would not be the case.

Out here there is little discussion around a restart of the nba season and the baseball season doesn’t look too promising that it will start either even in a shortened format (for those not familiar, MLB regular season is 162 games!). I was reading yesterday they are looking at Perspex partitioning between seats as a potential solution to attended events and potentially having to redesign and retro fit all spectator arenas.

I don’t mean to be too bearish but I think shutting things down was, in hindsight, the easy bit; restarting will be a lot tougher. Normality may be quite different for many years and the money and advertising driving sports may reduce significantly. I for one wouldn’t be too upset to see big money influence wane.
Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 21:43 - Apr 28 with 725 viewspjt50

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 13:19 - Apr 28 by SaintNick

Ok Ill give the Premier League a ring let them know that you know better than the experts, I'm sure they will take your advice.

Quick question, do you think that they A .have just cobbled together a couple of dates in hope or B. that they have been working with the Government and their advisers on this for a couple of months so they are doing so with some sort of accuracy on what and when it can be achieved.

I vote for A.

TBH even it was B it wouldn't exactly fill me with confidence.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 07:19 - Apr 29 with 667 viewssaint22

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 18:36 - Apr 28 by dirk_doone

We don't know yet but rushing into things when we don't have to isn't going to solve anything, A late start to next season will allow more time for planning. September has been mentioned in some countries.

Waiting a few months won't hurt. The Football League was closed down from 1939 to 1945, yet still recovered.

This
Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 09:12 - Apr 29 with 638 viewshuelinsaint

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 17:33 - Apr 28 by this_charming_man

I think the Premier League will have been thinking about money,not much else
Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 11:04 - Apr 29 with 617 viewsSteveMoron

Plus Liverpool won't win the league. Result!
Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 11:08 - Apr 29 with 613 viewsSadoldgit

It did recover, but proportionately there was a lot less money in the game then. The big clubs will bounce back. It may be harder for some of the smaller clubs unless the big boys help bail them out.
Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 19:03 - Apr 29 with 560 viewsPatfromPoole

This bloke is in with quite a lot of the players; I wouldn’t put it past a few players or agents having some influence in this article.

Either way, the tide seems to be going only one way on this....

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/premier-league-must-forget-crazy-21

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 20:21 - Apr 29 with 531 viewsthis_charming_man

According to some on mongweb who Is actually usually quite accurate It’s back In June, all games played at St. George’s park Behind closed doors and all streamed live, all players Will isolate in hotels from mid May with no contact to anyone outside football.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2020 20:23]

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 20:45 - Apr 29 with 518 viewsNumber_58

Finishing the season is about money, nothing else. English football has become so utterly dependent on broadcasting revenue that now many Premier League clubs face disaster if they don't get their money. To be honest, the way the Premier League and its clubs have sold their souls to Sky & co, they probably deserve all they might be about to get.
Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 21:02 - Apr 29 with 507 viewsSaintNick

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 20:21 - Apr 29 by this_charming_man

According to some on mongweb who Is actually usually quite accurate It’s back In June, all games played at St. George’s park Behind closed doors and all streamed live, all players Will isolate in hotels from mid May with no contact to anyone outside football.

Makes sense from a logistical point of view but unfair on say Saints who have played all of the big six away aside from Man Utd

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 22:25 - Apr 29 with 478 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Planning Ramped Up For A Return For Football on 20:21 - Apr 29 by this_charming_man

Utter load of made up bullsh*t.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024