Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ouch 07:37 - Apr 30 with 4996 viewssaint22

Tough read for the Boris fans here. Apologies it’s rather long so try your best

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/29/revealed-the-inside-story-of-uk-co
Ouch on 10:23 - May 1 with 850 viewsDorsetIan

Ouch on 09:08 - May 1 by this_charming_man

NO Ian, that's the sort of balanced view with constructive suggestions that warrants disucssion, not a hysterical piece but a biased left wing journalist screaming about how bad everything is, repeated verbatim by thickos incapable of doing any research themselves. Congratulations on finally posting a credible link, it's only take 3 months.

Thanks, I've worked it out now.

I think what's probably best if everyone pms you with the links they would like to post before they go public with them. You can then vet and approve the ones that are truly measured and balanced.

This way no one will make the mistake of posting an article that doesn't pass the TCM objectivity test, and the rest of the TUI community will be spared the spectacle of you being obliged to chastise and mock those foolish enough to reference an irrelevant, boring or biased article.

I might have a word with Nick, it might be best all round if he could built something into the system itself. Give you a chance to vet all posts before they go live.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Ouch on 11:39 - May 1 with 821 viewsthis_charming_man

Ouch on 10:23 - May 1 by DorsetIan

Thanks, I've worked it out now.

I think what's probably best if everyone pms you with the links they would like to post before they go public with them. You can then vet and approve the ones that are truly measured and balanced.

This way no one will make the mistake of posting an article that doesn't pass the TCM objectivity test, and the rest of the TUI community will be spared the spectacle of you being obliged to chastise and mock those foolish enough to reference an irrelevant, boring or biased article.

I might have a word with Nick, it might be best all round if he could built something into the system itself. Give you a chance to vet all posts before they go live.

Let me ask you a question, what would you rather read and digest the view of highly qualified doctor or proffesor, that provides some objectivity and solutions, or the words of a journalist with an agenda who wants to apportion blame/credit depending on their political leanings about a subject matter they know nothing about?

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Ouch on 12:25 - May 1 with 803 viewsDorsetIan

Ouch on 11:39 - May 1 by this_charming_man

Let me ask you a question, what would you rather read and digest the view of highly qualified doctor or proffesor, that provides some objectivity and solutions, or the words of a journalist with an agenda who wants to apportion blame/credit depending on their political leanings about a subject matter they know nothing about?

I am always very happy to listen to what those with knowledge on a subject have got to say. A theme of the last few years has been that any idiot can have an opinion on anything and Michael Gove's statement that the country is sick of experts was probably the high point of that.

And sometimes the experts will disagree, and then you have to listen to all sides and take a view on who you think is right - or can you can simply hold your hands up and reserve judgement because you don't know.

But it isn't a straight choice between the above and listening to a journalist. Independent journalism is important in finding and investigating stories, asking the questions that those in power don't want asked, in calling out the errors and lies of politicians, and in collating the views of experts so that individuals don't have to do direct research on every single question.

The first thing that any authoritarian regime does is to attempt to stifle the free press - precisely to avoid the questions and the criticism. In the democratic world we have generally supported a free press but politicians like Trump are using the 'fake news' idea and the 'you are a terrible journalist' stuff to discredit them in a different way.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Ouch on 22:36 - May 20 with 727 viewsSadoldgit

Big ouch.

https://amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/may/19/uk-government-pandemic
Ouch on 23:07 - May 20 with 725 views1885_SFC

Ouch on 22:36 - May 20 by Sadoldgit

Big ouch.

https://amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/may/19/uk-government-pandemic

Yep, big ouch... but only if you're a Guardian reader... which thank fook I'm not.

Old School is Cool

Ouch on 09:00 - May 21 with 671 viewssaint22

Ouch on 23:07 - May 20 by 1885_SFC

Yep, big ouch... but only if you're a Guardian reader... which thank fook I'm not.

maybe you should try it
Ouch on 10:57 - May 21 with 646 viewsSadoldgit

Ouch on 23:07 - May 20 by 1885_SFC

It’s a big ouch for us all, but carry on ignoring what has been going on as it doesn’t fit in with your agenda.

Rather than the herd immunity policy perhaps they should change its name to the Darwin policy. It seems there are those who are quite happy to let some take their chances.
[Post edited 21 May 2020 12:02]
Ouch on 13:13 - May 21 with 636 views1885_SFC

Ouch on 10:57 - May 21 by Sadoldgit

It’s a big ouch for us all, but carry on ignoring what has been going on as it doesn’t fit in with your agenda.

Rather than the herd immunity policy perhaps they should change its name to the Darwin policy. It seems there are those who are quite happy to let some take their chances.

I don't have an agenda... zero... zilch agenda.

What I do have though is a loathing for reading anything written by a journalist who formed Respect - a party allied to the SWP, a far-left Marxist group - and a Party that had George Galloway as its mouthpiece.

Thanks - but I'll give anything written by George Monbiot a wide berth.

Old School is Cool

Login to get fewer ads

Ouch on 13:27 - May 21 with 629 viewssaint22

Ouch on 13:13 - May 21 by 1885_SFC

I don't have an agenda... zero... zilch agenda.

What I do have though is a loathing for reading anything written by a journalist who formed Respect - a party allied to the SWP, a far-left Marxist group - and a Party that had George Galloway as its mouthpiece.

Thanks - but I'll give anything written by George Monbiot a wide berth.

Why give Monbiot a wide berth??
Ouch on 13:33 - May 21 with 622 viewsTheMoog

Ouch on 13:27 - May 21 by saint22

John 11:35

Standby to standby

Ouch on 13:34 - May 21 with 619 viewsBicester_North

Ouch on 13:27 - May 21 by saint22

Thought you had a problem with “posh boys” Ben?

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Ouch on 14:17 - May 21 with 608 viewssaint22

Ouch on 13:34 - May 21 by Bicester_North

Thought you had a problem with “posh boys” Ben?

Why are you still here, i find it odd Nick didn't ban you
Ouch on 14:35 - May 21 with 600 viewsBicester_North

Ouch on 14:17 - May 21 by saint22

Why are you still here, i find it odd Nick didn't ban you

Why’s that Loz?

Ouch on 14:38 - May 21 with 591 viewsOccasional_Showers

Ouch on 10:57 - May 21 by Sadoldgit

So its a herd immunity debate day. How exciting.

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Ouch on 20:09 - May 21 with 550 viewsthissceptredsaint

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8340621/Spare-hypocritical-claps-NHS-Pr
wAR0c2ncjD5Vi_E9kUJoGnhSCja_R8BVjj0fxXYN7nhtn8BONeBpXfeQJyXI

I never thought I would see the day the daily mail would turn on a conservative

Ouch indeed, not looking good for Johnson
[Post edited 21 May 2020 20:10]
Ouch on 20:16 - May 21 with 543 viewssaint22

Ouch on 20:09 - May 21 by thissceptredsaint

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8340621/Spare-hypocritical-claps-NHS-Pr

Another U turn and avoiding the select committee
What a fkn chancer
Stay Away Shirk Blame Pass Buck
There are a lot of people in this country who fell for his charade
Ouch on 20:28 - May 21 with 530 viewsBicester_North

Ouch on 20:16 - May 21 by saint22

Another U turn and avoiding the select committee
What a fkn chancer
Stay Away Shirk Blame Pass Buck
There are a lot of people in this country who fell for his charade

Hey have you learned a new little catchphrase? Whose Facebook post did you copy it from?

Ouch on 20:44 - May 21 with 520 viewsgrumpy

Ouch on 20:28 - May 21 by Bicester_North

Hey have you learned a new little catchphrase? Whose Facebook post did you copy it from?

Ouch on 21:51 - May 21 with 485 viewssaint22

Ouch on 20:28 - May 21 by Bicester_North

What’s Facebook?
Ouch on 22:38 - May 21 with 471 viewsBicester_North

Ouch on 21:51 - May 21 by saint22

What’s Facebook?

Have you seen the Great Hack?

Ouch on 22:38 - May 21 with 470 viewsBicester_North

Ouch on 20:44 - May 21 by grumpy

Ouch on 23:21 - May 21 with 450 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Ouch on 20:09 - May 21 by thissceptredsaint

He is a plank, but he does raise some good and properly researched points here.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Ouch on 06:27 - May 22 with 423 viewsJaySaint

Piers Morgan is a disgraceful human being

And this has nothing to do with his stance on C19.
I think it is disgusting the amount of air time and fawning he gets

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024