Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Todays Loony Left Squinnying 07:16 - May 7 with 2327 viewsBoris_

The government not hitting their 'testing' target of 100,000 a day, although the capacity is there for far in excess of 100,000 a day tests.

I went on the Government site last night and could have booked a test 6 miles from my house this morning and there were over 2000 appointments available within 28 miles of my house.

It's now the Boris' fault apparently that there isn't enough people in the UK displaying Covid-19 symptoms.

What do the loony left expect Boris to do? Force people to get tested by law, even if they don't have symptoms?

Poll: Claude Puel

Todays Loony Left Squinnying on 07:52 - May 7 with 1482 viewssaint22

Isn’t it now 200k a day they want
And yes why shouldn’t averybody go and get a. Test if they are so readily available, wouldn’t that be a solution pal?
Todays Loony Left Squinnying on 08:00 - May 7 with 1472 viewsBoris_

Todays Loony Left Squinnying on 07:52 - May 7 by saint22

Isn’t it now 200k a day they want
And yes why shouldn’t averybody go and get a. Test if they are so readily available, wouldn’t that be a solution pal?

They want to increase the capacity to 200k a day, yes. Is that a bad thing?

Everybody should go and get a test, the government are pretty clear that tests are available, the issue is that the media spend all their time moaning about there being no tests available ( when there's thousands in every area as well as post ) which in turn makes people wrongly assume that they can't get tested.

Where do you think the problem is? I'll give you a clue mush, it's not the government this time.

Todays Loony Left Squinnying on 08:17 - May 7 with 1447 viewsRednWight

Todays Loony Left Squinnying on 08:00 - May 7 by Boris_

They want to increase the capacity to 200k a day, yes. Is that a bad thing?

Everybody should go and get a test, the government are pretty clear that tests are available, the issue is that the media spend all their time moaning about there being no tests available ( when there's thousands in every area as well as post ) which in turn makes people wrongly assume that they can't get tested.

Where do you think the problem is? I'll give you a clue mush, it's not the government this time.

Everybody should go get a test. ?
I thought tests were only for people displaying symptoms ?

The older I get the better I was
Poll: Cortese. Would we have him back

Todays Loony Left Squinnying on 08:41 - May 7 with 1410 viewsDorsetIan

This post is completely missing the point.

Yes, we do need to test people who don’t want one. Until we can test really large numbers we are never going to have a ‚real time‘ handle on where the virus hot spots are or whether it is increasing.

Getting to 100,000 testing capacity is a great achievement. (Although it was silly of the govt to artificially say 100,000 tests were done on 30 April - stupid spin, which fooled no one when the numbers then dropped back) and 200,000 will be better still. But we will need even more than that if we are going to monitor the post-lockdown position properly, to help avoid a second peak.

Check out testing in South Korea and how brilliantly it has worked there.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Todays Loony Left Squinnying on 08:44 - May 7 with 1419 viewsSadoldgit

It was the government who made a big issue about the number of tests target and went to great lengths to make sure they made it by the end of April. They made a big fuss about hitting it (even though that was a con). People with a modicum of sense have always known that it was never about numbers but who you test, when, and what you do with the results. You know, a strategy, not just a target. Johnson has given us another one now of double the previous one. Again, pointless (not least because they haven’t hit their own target for 4 days running). When the book is written of how moot to handle a pandemic, most of the chapters will feature the way we have done it so far.
Todays Loony Left Squinnying on 08:51 - May 7 with 1413 viewssaint68

Todays Loony Left Squinnying on 08:44 - May 7 by Sadoldgit

It was the government who made a big issue about the number of tests target and went to great lengths to make sure they made it by the end of April. They made a big fuss about hitting it (even though that was a con). People with a modicum of sense have always known that it was never about numbers but who you test, when, and what you do with the results. You know, a strategy, not just a target. Johnson has given us another one now of double the previous one. Again, pointless (not least because they haven’t hit their own target for 4 days running). When the book is written of how moot to handle a pandemic, most of the chapters will feature the way we have done it so far.

I always find that when a government (of any party) makes announcements on large scale projects or targets, it is more often the case of then doubling that figure and add a further 10% for a far more accurate outcome.

This wave of the uk coronavirus will see upward of 44,000 covid-19 related deaths....

Sadly we have a lot more innocent lives yet to lose.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Todays Loony Left Squinnying on 09:03 - May 7 with 1397 viewsthissceptredsaint

We did not need to lose many of the lives that have gone we do not need to lose so many more. Its a disgusting slur on all those who have put their lives on the line and who are disgusted in this governments incompetence and callousness.

There is nothing 'loony' at all in criticising it.

As for the tests, the poster clearly hasn't gone through the process of booking one which I have had to try and do this week.

After going through a number of filtering screens you get options to book a test either for a home kit (none available) or at a local drive in centre. There are also offline a number of places reserved for priority key workers/cases.

Today is the first day I have been able to book and I have been trying since Monday. Everyday the site has posted that there were booking slots available but whenever this has been attempted you get a screen saying its full up and to try again tomorrow. Of course after 5 days the test is pointless.

I am sure both the Thatcher Governments and the Brown Government would have handled this crisis far better. I cannot say that for the Blair government or the conservative ones since 2010 nor the Major one

I suppose Boris regards the Financial Times as 'loony left' now as it too has criticised this appalling bunch of amateurs
Todays Loony Left Squinnying on 09:05 - May 7 with 1393 viewsthis_charming_man

and they're off, posting their negative diatribe within minutes of each other. Did you agree to start at the same time this morning gents?

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Login to get fewer ads

Todays Loony Left Squinnying on 09:08 - May 7 with 1384 viewsSadoldgit

Spot the irony. The same people who were quick to jump on Corbyn for alleged anti-Semistism, Diane Abbot for her latest mathematical gaff or Ed Miliband for eating a sandwich are now getting upset because their party are now in the firing line. The difference is, now it is with very good reason. This isn’t about the daily knockabout political pointscoring. This is about lives.
Todays Loony Left Squinnying on 09:13 - May 7 with 1368 viewsOccasional_Showers

Todays Loony Left Squinnying on 09:08 - May 7 by Sadoldgit

Spot the irony. The same people who were quick to jump on Corbyn for alleged anti-Semistism, Diane Abbot for her latest mathematical gaff or Ed Miliband for eating a sandwich are now getting upset because their party are now in the firing line. The difference is, now it is with very good reason. This isn’t about the daily knockabout political pointscoring. This is about lives.

The people in the firing line are people like you revelling in the death toll to score points. Or making things up trying to drain people’s spirits. You’re a disgrace man.

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Todays Loony Left Squinnying on 09:17 - May 7 with 1369 viewsSadoldgit

Todays Loony Left Squinnying on 09:13 - May 7 by Occasional_Showers

The people in the firing line are people like you revelling in the death toll to score points. Or making things up trying to drain people’s spirits. You’re a disgrace man.

You are the disgrace. Pretending that others are “revelling” in people dying and making things up is pure Trump. Still, I have to hand it to you, you have learnt from the best.
Todays Loony Left Squinnying on 09:21 - May 7 with 1355 viewsOccasional_Showers

Todays Loony Left Squinnying on 09:17 - May 7 by Sadoldgit

You are the disgrace. Pretending that others are “revelling” in people dying and making things up is pure Trump. Still, I have to hand it to you, you have learnt from the best.

Every drop of poison that creatures like you and your little friends have used to try to point score and run down morale have been shown to be completely exaggerated. You have no shame man. You make me feel sick.

Todays Loony Left Squinnying on 09:22 - May 7 with 1365 viewssaint68

Todays Loony Left Squinnying on 09:08 - May 7 by Sadoldgit

No it's just yet once again..politically motivated ranting.

It wouldn't matter if Corbyn or swinson had of been in charge, it is and will always be lethal respiratory virus that has caused carnage across the globe....we are a multi cultural melting pot...the most diverse country in Europe..we are more likely than any other country in Europe to have the highest fatalities.

London our epicentre...oh I wonder why....take a look at the figures for the other home nations that have used the very same advice...oh wow!!! They have really low figures in comparison.....how could that be.....oh that's it...BORIS FUKIN JOHNSON!!!!

still carry on with your solely political ranting, it keeps you looking stupid.

Todays Loony Left Squinnying on 09:25 - May 7 with 1360 viewsthis_charming_man

Todays Loony Left Squinnying on 09:17 - May 7 by Sadoldgit

You are revelling in it, you're on here every day talking about how many have died, desperately trying to apportion blame where possible. Churchills grandson was being interviewed this morning and asked if the country has got a war time spirt at the moment. He commented on how everyone is coming together, sadly some are more interested in political point scoring and the blame game than being united.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Todays Loony Left Squinnying on 09:32 - May 7 with 1348 viewsBoris_

Todays Loony Left Squinnying on 08:17 - May 7 by RednWight

Everybody should go get a test. ?
I thought tests were only for people displaying symptoms ?

As in everyone that needs one should get one ( eg: showing symptoms or someone in their household is showing symptoms )

Todays Loony Left Squinnying on 09:35 - May 7 with 1341 viewsBoris_

Todays Loony Left Squinnying on 08:41 - May 7 by DorsetIan

This post is completely missing the point.

Yes, we do need to test people who don’t want one. Until we can test really large numbers we are never going to have a ‚real time‘ handle on where the virus hot spots are or whether it is increasing.

Getting to 100,000 testing capacity is a great achievement. (Although it was silly of the govt to artificially say 100,000 tests were done on 30 April - stupid spin, which fooled no one when the numbers then dropped back) and 200,000 will be better still. But we will need even more than that if we are going to monitor the post-lockdown position properly, to help avoid a second peak.

Check out testing in South Korea and how brilliantly it has worked there.

How do you think we test people who don't want one then? How is that going to be enforceable? You honestly think our snowflake society is going to allow them to be tested willy nilly?

People need to stop comparing us to other countries and cultures... you only have to look at numerous reports from people of the Isle of Wight screaming that they were never asked if they wanted to take part in the track and trace app etc etc to know what a squinnying nation we are now.

We do need more testing, however it's the press and media who are painting the picture there is no capacity for tests, so people aren't getting tested when there's loads of capacity! The press and media will be literally killing people with their negative agendas.

Todays Loony Left Squinnying on 09:45 - May 7 with 1324 viewsBoris_

Todays Loony Left Squinnying on 09:03 - May 7 by thissceptredsaint

We did not need to lose many of the lives that have gone we do not need to lose so many more. Its a disgusting slur on all those who have put their lives on the line and who are disgusted in this governments incompetence and callousness.

There is nothing 'loony' at all in criticising it.

As for the tests, the poster clearly hasn't gone through the process of booking one which I have had to try and do this week.

After going through a number of filtering screens you get options to book a test either for a home kit (none available) or at a local drive in centre. There are also offline a number of places reserved for priority key workers/cases.

Today is the first day I have been able to book and I have been trying since Monday. Everyday the site has posted that there were booking slots available but whenever this has been attempted you get a screen saying its full up and to try again tomorrow. Of course after 5 days the test is pointless.

I am sure both the Thatcher Governments and the Brown Government would have handled this crisis far better. I cannot say that for the Blair government or the conservative ones since 2010 nor the Major one

I suppose Boris regards the Financial Times as 'loony left' now as it too has criticised this appalling bunch of amateurs

I have checked several times this week there's loads of capacity, I also put in different postcodes wondering what London etc is like - loads of capacity, literally thousands of appointments within a reasonable travelling distance ( 30 minutes )

Do you live in the Southampton area? If you do then I suggest you are either telling porkies or not doing it right. Every day this week when I have checked and I could book same day. I could book a 10am slot now at any of the testing centres locally if I needed to.

Todays Loony Left Squinnying on 09:58 - May 7 with 1287 viewsOccasional_Showers

Todays Loony Left Squinnying on 09:45 - May 7 by Boris_

I have checked several times this week there's loads of capacity, I also put in different postcodes wondering what London etc is like - loads of capacity, literally thousands of appointments within a reasonable travelling distance ( 30 minutes )

Do you live in the Southampton area? If you do then I suggest you are either telling porkies or not doing it right. Every day this week when I have checked and I could book same day. I could book a 10am slot now at any of the testing centres locally if I needed to.

Yet again the lies of those seeking to exploit the pandemic called out and debunked.

And they tell us they are sincere.

If they made a mistake once you could excuse what they are doing as ignorance, but people like Emily and Soggybiscuit tell lies, sow division, seek to sap morale and revel in death every day.

It really is disgraceful behaviour.

Todays Loony Left Squinnying on 09:59 - May 7 with 1293 viewsSadoldgit

Todays Loony Left Squinnying on 09:35 - May 7 by Boris_

How do you think we test people who don't want one then? How is that going to be enforceable? You honestly think our snowflake society is going to allow them to be tested willy nilly?

People need to stop comparing us to other countries and cultures... you only have to look at numerous reports from people of the Isle of Wight screaming that they were never asked if they wanted to take part in the track and trace app etc etc to know what a squinnying nation we are now.

We do need more testing, however it's the press and media who are painting the picture there is no capacity for tests, so people aren't getting tested when there's loads of capacity! The press and media will be literally killing people with their negative agendas.

Really? I have seen plenty of news reports previously about the lack of test kits in the past. I have seen plenty of news reports more recently where test centres have been sitting empty waiting for people to turn up. Seems the media have been balanced to me.
Todays Loony Left Squinnying on 10:01 - May 7 with 1289 viewssaint68

Todays Loony Left Squinnying on 09:59 - May 7 by Sadoldgit

Really? I have seen plenty of news reports previously about the lack of test kits in the past. I have seen plenty of news reports more recently where test centres have been sitting empty waiting for people to turn up. Seems the media have been balanced to me.

Rant shout scream scream.. no testing kits!!

Ssssshhhhhhhhhhh loads of testing kits!!

Balance😁😂🤣😂🤣👍

Todays Loony Left Squinnying on 10:02 - May 7 with 1278 viewsOccasional_Showers

You look for the worst stories, it gives you a weird kick. You are the forums grim reaper, the harbinger of doom. And you’re loving it.

Todays Loony Left Squinnying on 10:05 - May 7 with 1274 viewsBoris_

Show me one report this week of someone with symptoms complaining they can't get tested and/or one report from the press or media saying people aren't taking up the appointment spots and encouraging them to do so?

There's a whole world out there on Google, I'm sure it won't take you long to find loads.
[Post edited 7 May 2020 10:06]

Todays Loony Left Squinnying on 10:07 - May 7 with 1264 viewsDorsetIan

Todays Loony Left Squinnying on 09:35 - May 7 by Boris_

People didn't want to lockdown but they were told to and they did it. If people are told that it will help us 'stay safe and get back to normal' to be tested then they will do that too.

It's pretty simple, if we want to open up society while there is still no vaccine available, we are going to have to monitor the virus like a hawk and that will be partly massive amounts of testing and partly contact tracing. The government are working hard on both fronts but there is still a long way to go.

I repeat, just have a look at how South Korea used testing to control the outbreak there.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Todays Loony Left Squinnying on 10:09 - May 7 with 1254 viewsBoris_

Todays Loony Left Squinnying on 10:07 - May 7 by DorsetIan

People didn't want to lockdown but they were told to and they did it. If people are told that it will help us 'stay safe and get back to normal' to be tested then they will do that too.

It's pretty simple, if we want to open up society while there is still no vaccine available, we are going to have to monitor the virus like a hawk and that will be partly massive amounts of testing and partly contact tracing. The government are working hard on both fronts but there is still a long way to go.

I repeat, just have a look at how South Korea used testing to control the outbreak there.

Potentially, but then look at the people of Isle of Wight moaning about Track and Trace...

Also, just checked again at my local testing centre, can get tested within the hour...

Todays Loony Left Squinnying on 10:10 - May 7 with 1253 viewsJaySaint

Todays Loony Left Squinnying on 10:07 - May 7 by DorsetIan

South Korea have also (almost 100%) abandoned personal privacy WRT smart technology with track/trace

something that is not remotely palatable here for some reason.

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024