Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why are the left so silent? 04:09 - May 9 with 1096 viewsOccasional_Showers

It seems rather strange how they are full of themselves and seemingly delighting in this pandemic when it comes to spurious PPE stories, yet when it comes to talking about the disparity between the survival rate of white people compared to blacks and Asians they have been uncharacteristically quiet. Given time i’m sure they will find a way of blaming the Tories for the virus’s seemingly racist behaviour, but until then perhaps there might be a rational explanation to it.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-8300797/Coronavirus-patients-sev

Black and Asian skin colour has evolved for a hot, sunny, often tropical climate so it really is of little surprise that when they come over here their skin doesn’t absorb enough of our limited sunlight. Conversely white people in hot countries get super doses of vitamin D and hey presto Australia (a broadly Anglo white population) comes through the Covid crisis broadly untouched.

Given how many Blacks and Asians now live in this country it explains why the UK should have the highest death rate per million people. Forget the total death rate, it’s deaths per capita that should be used to see how we are doing. For example you cannot compare the United States total deaths with Greenland, or the UK’s total deaths with Spain.

Once you factor in our population density, our relatively cool climate, the number of Blacks and Asians living here, we should be seeing Covid deaths at the highest per capita level in the world, yet the graph shows us broadly the same as Italy, Spain, and France.

We were dealt the worst hand - the perfect storm, yet thanks to the government and our wonderful NHS we have managed to keep deaths at the same rate as other countries who had it much easier than us.
[Post edited 9 May 2020 4:25]

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Why are the left so silent? on 07:25 - May 9 with 1044 viewsNumber_58

A subject close to your heart, eh Dune?
Why are the left so silent? on 07:32 - May 9 with 1042 viewsgrumpy

Why are the left so silent? on 08:05 - May 9 with 1010 viewscynicalsaint

Why are the left so silent? on 07:32 - May 9 by grumpy

vitriol never sleeps
Why are the left so silent? on 08:43 - May 9 with 976 viewsOccasional_Showers

When you put facts to the left their arguments they fall silent. The three replies above is all they have got.

Game, set, and match.
[Post edited 9 May 2020 8:43]

Why are the left so silent? on 08:56 - May 9 with 948 viewsDellHero_Would

Why are the left so silent? on 07:32 - May 9 by grumpy

Tristan is a 40 something virgin, hasn’t earned north of 17k pa in his life and a complete fantasist. We all know that, apart from old Tristie himself. Bless his cottons.

Poll: Wearing a mask

Why are the left so silent? on 09:50 - May 9 with 900 viewsDorsetIan

Just for the record...

1. You’ve posted this before, so you are clearly running out of ‚left baiting‘ ideas.
2. Your Vit D stuff is interesting and may be a factor but that’s all - as far as I know you‘re not a scientist so until we know all the facts about this, it is impossble to draw conclusions on why the UK is currently amongst the very worst, not the very best in the world.
3. The reason you want to reach a conclusion is not because you are interested in what’s true, it’s simply so that you can base your ridiculous complacency about the UK‘s performance on something vaguely plausible, to enable your silly cheerleading of all things Tory to continue.

I think most sensible people now accept that something didn’t go right in this country. For my part, I don’t know whether that was down to political decision making, poor scientific advice, or simply that we were so on the back foot in terms of our initial resources that we could never respond properly.

I believe that the govt is doing its best, that what’s done is done, and I will support whatever they want us to do to now get out of this.

I do also feel sorry for the Tories. They came to power with an ambition to invest in this country, move us away from austerity, and reduce the north south divide. Who knows whether they would have achieved it. It’s pretty clear now that a coach and horseshoe been driven through that plan and they are now going to spend the next four years trying to get us through what’s happened (whilst also navigating Brexit). I wish them luck - what a poisoned chalice all that now is.

On this forum you come across as a complete c*nt much of the time, but when you write about your garden or your antiques or helping your neighbours I wonder whether there’s a normal person struggling break free?

My tip to you is cut out all this ridiculous Boris/Tory hagiography, in terms of what lies ahead, it is going to seem very silly indeed. This is not a situation that you or anyone else is going to be able to spin or lie their way through.

You have managed to stay on here as OS a lot longer than some of your previous incarnations.

It’s time to make that final leap and jettison ‚bad Dune‘ for ever.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Why are the left so silent? on 10:20 - May 9 with 876 viewskingolaf

I have stuck to all of the lockdown rules, and have worked all the way through the period as my industry is considered essential.
I’m not sure though, how much if it I can take. It is not realistic to expect the population to continue as we are for too much longer. The lockdown needs to be eased slowly, but it needs to start soon so we can all see some light at the end of the tunnel.
I’m not too sure we are far from the stage where economic factors have to marry with scientific ones.
Why are the left so silent? on 10:41 - May 9 with 862 viewsgrumpy

Why are the left so silent? on 10:20 - May 9 by kingolaf

I have stuck to all of the lockdown rules, and have worked all the way through the period as my industry is considered essential.
I’m not sure though, how much if it I can take. It is not realistic to expect the population to continue as we are for too much longer. The lockdown needs to be eased slowly, but it needs to start soon so we can all see some light at the end of the tunnel.
I’m not too sure we are far from the stage where economic factors have to marry with scientific ones.

Absolutely agree with all of this.
Login to get fewer ads

Why are the left so silent? on 10:48 - May 9 with 849 viewsPaninaro83

It’s a simple explanation. If a POC is infected by a white person it’s a deliberate act of racism. If a POC infects other POCs it’s because the vile racist government force POCs to live in deprived areas and not given them enough opportunities to better themselves so they can move to nicer parts of the country where infections are less likely.

What a catalyst you turned out to be!

Why are the left so silent? on 10:57 - May 9 with 840 viewssaint22

Reading the scum daily fail at anytime is bad enough but at 4 in the morning?!
What a little life he must lead
Why are the left so silent? on 11:04 - May 9 with 836 viewsOccasional_Showers

Why are the left so silent? on 10:20 - May 9 by kingolaf

It’s looking like another 3 weeks. So far the government have been extremely cautious and extremely generous, but there must come a point when they have to say the economic cost is too high and we have to let people die of it in a controlled manner.

As we learn more about the virus and the public are educated to the risks and ways of mitigating them we will have to learn to live with it. Taking vitamin d3 is something I’ve said from the outset and everybody should be taking them. It’s just one tablet a day but it gives your immune system a 50% better chance of defeating it.

I also suspect Evening primrose oil pills would have benefits as they contain GLA which suppresses an over active immune system, but this is just a hunch as it’s recommended to keep psoriasis (an overactive immune disease) in check.
[Post edited 9 May 2020 11:07]

Why are the left so silent? on 14:07 - May 9 with 753 viewsRednWight

Why are the left so silent? on 11:04 - May 9 by Occasional_Showers

It’s looking like another 3 weeks. So far the government have been extremely cautious and extremely generous, but there must come a point when they have to say the economic cost is too high and we have to let people die of it in a controlled manner.

As we learn more about the virus and the public are educated to the risks and ways of mitigating them we will have to learn to live with it. Taking vitamin d3 is something I’ve said from the outset and everybody should be taking them. It’s just one tablet a day but it gives your immune system a 50% better chance of defeating it.

I also suspect Evening primrose oil pills would have benefits as they contain GLA which suppresses an over active immune system, but this is just a hunch as it’s recommended to keep psoriasis (an overactive immune disease) in check.

I can’t believe you’re not advising the government instead of that load of intelligent people they use

The older I get the better I was
Poll: Cortese. Would we have him back

Why are the left so silent? on 18:56 - May 9 with 672 viewskernow

Why are the left so silent? on 11:04 - May 9 by Occasional_Showers

Your ever so clever.
Why are the left so silent? on 19:08 - May 9 with 664 viewskentsouthampton

Why are the left so silent? on 18:56 - May 9 by kernow

Your ever so clever.

'You're'.
Why are the left so silent? on 19:13 - May 9 with 657 viewskernow

Why are the left so silent? on 19:08 - May 9 by kentsouthampton

'You're'.

I get confused between knowing your sh1t and knowing you're shit.
Why are the left so silent? on 22:16 - May 9 with 625 viewshedgeend61

Why are the left so silent? on 08:56 - May 9 by DellHero_Would

Tristan is a 40 something virgin, hasn’t earned north of 17k pa in his life and a complete fantasist. We all know that, apart from old Tristie himself. Bless his cottons.

Sounds about right.
Set the alarm for 3am, quick Tommy Tank, post more boring dribble at 4 in the morning,
really troll?
Try and get yourself out of your bedroom for a change, mum won't be able to supply you with tissues forever.
Fcukin Boring Dribbler.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024