Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Furlough Scheme 07:31 - May 12 with 1370 viewsPatfromPoole

Strong rumour today seems to be that Saint Rishi will today extend the furlough scheme from the end of June to September.

But with the percentage of pay funded dropping from 80% to 60%.

Could get interesting. I wonder how many people may push for redundancy and take their chances on finding alternative work.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Furlough Scheme on 16:48 - May 12 with 403 viewsPatfromPoole

Furlough Scheme on 16:41 - May 12 by Boris_

Indeed. I have my stag do booked for next month. RyanAir have cancelled the flight so much that you can't book on to it, but of course are refusing to even discuss a refund and their 'Contact Us' page is well hidden.

You can get through on their Chat thing, but it is painful.

I’ve got flights with them for the Euros last 16 game in Dublin at the end of June. Obviously, the game was long ago cancelled. Annoyingly, they have just announced they are going to run 40% of flights in July, and my flight back from Dublin was going to be at the start of July....
[Post edited 12 May 2020 16:51]

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Furlough Scheme on 16:50 - May 12 with 395 viewsBuggalugs

Furlough Scheme on 16:28 - May 12 by Heisenberg

Bounce back loans can be used for paying staff wages, including your own. No idea if it's a good thing to do but they can be used that way.

No it's not a good thing using a loan and getting a company into unnecessary debt to pay staff you don't need. Whilst the furlough scheme is in place employers don't need to make those tough decisions, but when it stops there will inevitably be many redundancies.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Furlough Scheme on 16:52 - May 12 with 381 viewsBoris_

Furlough Scheme on 16:50 - May 12 by Buggalugs

No it's not a good thing using a loan and getting a company into unnecessary debt to pay staff you don't need. Whilst the furlough scheme is in place employers don't need to make those tough decisions, but when it stops there will inevitably be many redundancies.

Yep, many BUSINESS's will be furloughing their staff out of kindness, as opposed to any intention of keeping them on once the furlough scheme ends. In all honesty, the government should have put some sort of obligation on the company to keep people on for a certain period after the furlough ends. They have almost been too kind with the benefit and it will be exploited by some.

Poll: Claude Puel

Furlough Scheme on 16:55 - May 12 with 364 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Furlough Scheme on 16:52 - May 12 by Boris_

Yep, many BUSINESS's will be furloughing their staff out of kindness, as opposed to any intention of keeping them on once the furlough scheme ends. In all honesty, the government should have put some sort of obligation on the company to keep people on for a certain period after the furlough ends. They have almost been too kind with the benefit and it will be exploited by some.

Indeed.

Some of us are lucky to not work for unscrupulous companies or work for themselves - but I hear many stories about people on furlough a) being asked to work (!!!!) and b) being told their role will go.

Not the way to handle it, but there are a load of c***s out there.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Furlough Scheme on 17:04 - May 12 with 343 viewsOccasional_Showers

Furlough Scheme on 16:24 - May 12 by PatfromPoole

Leisure, hospitality, pubs, restaurants; anything which is dependent on serving the public in big quantities.

Dare I also say football clubs???

It’s undoubtedly going to be tough. Anyone without a trade that is made unemployed is going to have to be prepared to do a job they won’t enjoy.

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Furlough Scheme on 20:32 - May 12 with 266 viewsBillyBrag

Furlough Scheme on 16:47 - May 12 by JaySaint

so,

Holiday more in the UK
Make things in the UK
Employ people from the UK
Keep boarders tight/controlled

Where was this attitude in 2016-2019? could have saved a heap load of hassle now everyone is a 'racist'

innit mush.

amazing how this is not talked about!
Furlough Scheme on 21:35 - May 12 with 239 viewssaint68

Furlough Scheme on 16:47 - May 12 by JaySaint

so,

Holiday more in the UK
Make things in the UK
Employ people from the UK
Keep boarders tight/controlled

Where was this attitude in 2016-2019? could have saved a heap load of hassle now everyone is a 'racist'

Indeed sir, but it wouldn't have been palatable to the remainers that wanted to go abroad..oh the irony!!🤣😂🤣😂

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024