Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Back to Work 07:05 - May 13 with 1430 viewsBoris_

It's Wednesday, Boris told told you to get back to work you bone idle benefit scroungers.

Why is the Piers Morgans of this world crying so much about businesses being able to re-open? It's advice, not an order and any BUSINESS can choose to ignore it and remain closed ( as we are ) and claiming furlough for their staff.

Poll: Claude Puel

Back to Work on 08:19 - May 13 with 803 viewsOccasional_Showers

Ive got no idea if I’m going back or not at this stage. I can’t see it though until after June 1st when the dealerships re-open.

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Back to Work on 08:23 - May 13 with 820 viewsBoris_

Back to Work on 08:19 - May 13 by Occasional_Showers

Ive got no idea if I’m going back or not at this stage. I can’t see it though until after June 1st when the dealerships re-open.

Do you think dealerships are going to be doing a brisk trade on re-opening? I'd see a new car as a 'luxury' purchase and probably going to be one of the worst hit?

Back to Work on 08:28 - May 13 with 794 viewsOccasional_Showers

Back to Work on 08:23 - May 13 by Boris_

Do you think dealerships are going to be doing a brisk trade on re-opening? I'd see a new car as a 'luxury' purchase and probably going to be one of the worst hit?

Yes I do think it’s going to be a quick recovery. A lot more office staff are going to be working from home now, but they’re still going to have to go into work on occasion and when they do are they going to want to get the train? The government are telling us to drive. This is what I think and this is also what industry bodies think.

There are also going to be a lot of promotions from manufacturers. If you need a car it’s going to be a good time to get a good deal.
[Post edited 13 May 2020 8:32]

Back to Work on 08:49 - May 13 with 791 viewssolent_toffee

As an aside, I’ve seen a load of people commenting on Piers Morgan and what he’s been saying. Firstly who cares what he thinks/says, he’s clearly an arse. Secondly, who actually has time in the morning to settle down and watch that nonsense?
Back to Work on 08:53 - May 13 with 786 viewsBoris_

Back to Work on 08:49 - May 13 by solent_toffee

As an aside, I’ve seen a load of people commenting on Piers Morgan and what he’s been saying. Firstly who cares what he thinks/says, he’s clearly an arse. Secondly, who actually has time in the morning to settle down and watch that nonsense?

I've switched to BBC Breakfast which is much better.

As 7 million people are at home furloughed at the moment, I'd suggest many people have the time? I have it on in the background from 6am as I'm working.

Piers Morgan is dangerous. He has an obsessive negative rhetoric which he disguises as 'holding the government to account' - there are people who have huge mental health problems at the moment and will feed off bad news. Piers Morgan will literally push some people over the edge.

I am glad that the government are now boycotting GMB. It's not a news service, it's a cheap magazine show.

Back to Work on 09:00 - May 13 with 752 viewsOccasional_Showers

SKY News is the best channel. FACT

Back to Work on 09:03 - May 13 with 769 viewsHeisenberg

I get all my news off here. Well informed and balanced views.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Back to Work on 09:10 - May 13 with 756 viewsarfurdent

seems all this covid nonsense has gone viral

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Login to get fewer ads

Back to Work on 09:31 - May 13 with 729 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Agreed. Like flying, new cars should be a luxury and not every other f**ker having one on finance.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Back to Work on 09:43 - May 13 with 710 viewssolent_toffee

In Ellesmere Port, Vauxhall have had the green light to go back to work, social distancing all boxes off etc, but they won’t as no dealership can take the cars because they haven’t sold the ones they’ve currently got and people won’t be in positions to buy cars.
Back to Work on 09:44 - May 13 with 705 viewsBoris_

Back to Work on 08:28 - May 13 by Occasional_Showers

Yes I do think it’s going to be a quick recovery. A lot more office staff are going to be working from home now, but they’re still going to have to go into work on occasion and when they do are they going to want to get the train? The government are telling us to drive. This is what I think and this is also what industry bodies think.

There are also going to be a lot of promotions from manufacturers. If you need a car it’s going to be a good time to get a good deal.
[Post edited 13 May 2020 8:32]

I genuinely hope you are right mush, especially as the Mrs is starting to drop hints about her getting a new car. I just can't see it myself. The old saying of 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' comes to mind. Why are the majority of people going to be looking for new cars if they have a perfectly ok one sat on the drive at home?

The good deals would be much appreciated. As I'm also looking to move house, I'm hoping to pick up a good deal on a new home as well and take advantage of a crash.

Back to Work on 09:46 - May 13 with 701 viewssolent_toffee

Back to Work on 08:53 - May 13 by Boris_

As 7 million people are at home furloughed at the moment, I'd suggest many people have the time? I have it on in the background from 6am as I'm working.

Piers Morgan is dangerous. He has an obsessive negative rhetoric which he disguises as 'holding the government to account' - there are people who have huge mental health problems at the moment and will feed off bad news. Piers Morgan will literally push some people over the edge.

I am glad that the government are now boycotting GMB. It's not a news service, it's a cheap magazine show.

Do you have the sound on? Having either of those news channels who do by head in, granted BBC is better than the appalling GMB, but I turned BBC off a few weeks ago too.

I’m furloughed but the thought of sticking the telly on first thing would depress me for the rest of the day.
Back to Work on 09:55 - May 13 with 673 viewsOccasional_Showers

Back to Work on 09:44 - May 13 by Boris_

I genuinely hope you are right mush, especially as the Mrs is starting to drop hints about her getting a new car. I just can't see it myself. The old saying of 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' comes to mind. Why are the majority of people going to be looking for new cars if they have a perfectly ok one sat on the drive at home?

The good deals would be much appreciated. As I'm also looking to move house, I'm hoping to pick up a good deal on a new home as well and take advantage of a crash.

I’ve long though buying new cars is daft, but people still do it. All I’d say is look at China now lockdown is lifted. The roads are absolutely rammed with traffic. When the economy restarts here and if you need to go anywhere on BUSINESS will you want to use the train or drive?

Back to Work on 09:59 - May 13 with 682 viewssaint22

Back to Work on 08:53 - May 13 by Boris_

it astonishes me that so many people give the likes of Morgan any attention at all
he is a lying perjuring phone hacker who fronts an appalling TV show and writes for an appalling scum rag why are people paying him any mind?
the media in this country is heading the way of the US
Back to Work on 10:37 - May 13 with 649 viewsSadoldgit

There is a massive difference between work shy and not wanting to end up on a ventilator, or worse still, dead. It is all very well bleating on about businesses, but if your customers are seriously ill or have died, where is your money going to come from? Boris, you sound just like the Mayor from Jaws who fought to keep the beaches open despite the obvious risk to the lives of the holiday makers. Yes, we all understand that it is a fine balancing act, but profit should not come before lives. If the government doesn’t get this right, the death rate will climb again with the likelihood of a stricter lockdown to follow and even greater economic hardship for all.
Back to Work on 10:49 - May 13 with 630 viewsJaySaint

this is why we should get back to work...

238 people under 60 with no underlying health conditions have died due to C19.
just 23 (or so) of those are the U25s

That is is (as sad as that is)

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Back to Work on 11:03 - May 13 with 617 viewsSadoldgit

Good to know that the over 60’s are expendable!
Back to Work on 11:05 - May 13 with 613 viewsJaySaint

Back to Work on 11:03 - May 13 by Sadoldgit

where is that suggested?
[Post edited 13 May 2020 11:05]

Back to Work on 11:10 - May 13 with 599 viewsSadoldgit

Back to Work on 11:05 - May 13 by JaySaint

where is that suggested?
[Post edited 13 May 2020 11:05]

In your post above.
Back to Work on 11:11 - May 13 with 595 viewsJaySaint

Back to Work on 11:10 - May 13 by Sadoldgit

In your post above.

where, show me, explain

(i suspect you wont be able to)

thanks

Back to Work on 11:17 - May 13 with 583 viewsSadoldgit

Back to Work on 10:49 - May 13 by JaySaint

This.
Back to Work on 11:29 - May 13 with 572 viewsBoris_

Back to Work on 10:49 - May 13 by JaySaint

And the majority of those 238 will have had some form of undiagnosed underlying condition. As post mortems aren't taking place, it's almost impossible for them to confirm one way or another.

Back to Work on 11:32 - May 13 with 566 viewsJaySaint

Back to Work on 11:17 - May 13 by Sadoldgit

This.

where did I say over 60s are expendable?

please spell it out, thanks

Back to Work on 11:33 - May 13 with 563 viewsBison

Back to Work on 11:03 - May 13 by Sadoldgit

They are not expendable I am lucky enough to still have both of mine.

We should just lock the over 60's up until a vaccine is found. it's seems most want lockdown anyway.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Back to Work on 11:34 - May 13 with 557 viewsJaySaint

Back to Work on 11:33 - May 13 by Bison

They are not expendable I am lucky enough to still have both of mine.

We should just lock the over 60's up until a vaccine is found. it's seems most want lockdown anyway.

exactly. Help them as much as possible

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024