Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Emily Maitlis should be sacked- biased report on Cummings 18:48 - May 27 with 3626 viewsBazza

Guilty of breaching impartiality guidelines in item about Cummings on Tuesday's Newsnight. Disgusting that BBC allowed this especially from such a high earning individual(unelected). Polluting the airwaves with biased statements. Possibility of millions being misled. I'm looking forward to a immediate public apology and resignation.
Never been so shocked since my mum told me where babies came from!
Emily Maitlis should be sacked- biased report on Cummings on 10:37 - May 29 with 754 viewsgrumpy

Emily Maitlis should be sacked- biased report on Cummings on 09:59 - May 29 by Boris_

Cummings isn't going anywhere. Time to move on you soppy tart.

Were you bullied at school?
Emily Maitlis should be sacked- biased report on Cummings on 10:46 - May 29 with 736 viewsSadoldgit

Emily Maitlis should be sacked- biased report on Cummings on 09:54 - May 29 by Ron11

Whether biased or not, it certainly appeared to be her opinion. I don't want to be lectured on the thoughts and politics of a representative of an organisation by whom I am forced by law to pay a yearly fee just to be allowed to watch it.
If they want to promote a political direction and shove it down our throats then remove the licence fee and they can be free to get on with it. Otherwise, shut the f*ck up.

71% in a poll wanted him gone. 45 Tory MPs want him gone. MPs inboxes are full of calls wanting him gone. It would be odd not to reflect that strength of opinion.
Emily Maitlis should be sacked- biased report on Cummings on 10:58 - May 29 with 735 viewsJaySaint

Emily Maitlis should be sacked- biased report on Cummings on 10:46 - May 29 by Sadoldgit

71% in a poll wanted him gone. 45 Tory MPs want him gone. MPs inboxes are full of calls wanting him gone. It would be odd not to reflect that strength of opinion.

89% on a poll I have seen want him to stay
and around 320-ish tory MPs want him to stay
[Post edited 29 May 2020 11:06]

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Emily Maitlis should be sacked- biased report on Cummings on 12:06 - May 29 with 714 viewsSadoldgit

Emily Maitlis should be sacked- biased report on Cummings on 10:58 - May 29 by JaySaint

Doesn’t alter the point that there has been a massive backlash against Cummings by the public and when 45 of your own side say you should go and The Daily Mail gives over 3 front pages in a row against you, that is huge.
Emily Maitlis should be sacked- biased report on Cummings on 12:07 - May 29 with 720 viewsgrumpy

Emily Maitlis should be sacked- biased report on Cummings on 10:58 - May 29 by JaySaint

Show me this poll that shows 89% want him to stay.
Emily Maitlis should be sacked- biased report on Cummings on 12:58 - May 29 with 709 viewsBazza

Soggy thinks Andrew Neil is impartial because he took Corbyn apart, definitely not. Neil takes on everyone, brilliantly but in a direct manner without bias. Mattlis is consistently biased and rude.
Cummings attracts critics because a) he doesn't speak to journalists, b) he is a strong Brexit advocate, c) he is leading overdue reform of the bloated, inefficient, plodding Civil Service with their gold plated final-salary pensions (very few companies can afford those), and d) he has the Prime Minister's ear. He doesn't respect the cosy Westminster bubble.
So it's no surprise he is disliked, even by 20% Tory MPs, and yes I dislike his style but he has without doubt contributed to fantastic results on Brexit and the GE (not for remainers or lab/lib supporters). No crime committed, jog on.
Emily Maitlis should be sacked- biased report on Cummings on 13:17 - May 29 with 688 viewsSadoldgit

For the first time ever I have written to my (Tory) MP. I asked him for his opinion of the Cummings situation. I have just received an email from him. He condemns Cummings’ actions and further conduct in his interview in very strong terms and makes it very clear that he should be removed from his position. He put his case more strongly than Maitlis. Should he be sacked?
Emily Maitlis should be sacked- biased report on Cummings on 13:53 - May 29 with 684 viewsgrumpy

Emily Maitlis should be sacked- biased report on Cummings on 12:58 - May 29 by Bazza

Soggy thinks Andrew Neil is impartial because he took Corbyn apart, definitely not. Neil takes on everyone, brilliantly but in a direct manner without bias. Mattlis is consistently biased and rude.
Cummings attracts critics because a) he doesn't speak to journalists, b) he is a strong Brexit advocate, c) he is leading overdue reform of the bloated, inefficient, plodding Civil Service with their gold plated final-salary pensions (very few companies can afford those), and d) he has the Prime Minister's ear. He doesn't respect the cosy Westminster bubble.
So it's no surprise he is disliked, even by 20% Tory MPs, and yes I dislike his style but he has without doubt contributed to fantastic results on Brexit and the GE (not for remainers or lab/lib supporters). No crime committed, jog on.

'jog on' you been watching that 'football factory'film again?
Login to get fewer ads

Emily Maitlis should be sacked- biased report on Cummings on 13:55 - May 29 with 682 viewsOccasional_Showers

Emily Maitlis should be sacked- biased report on Cummings on 13:17 - May 29 by Sadoldgit

For the first time ever I have written to my (Tory) MP. I asked him for his opinion of the Cummings situation. I have just received an email from him. He condemns Cummings’ actions and further conduct in his interview in very strong terms and makes it very clear that he should be removed from his position. He put his case more strongly than Maitlis. Should he be sacked?

Still going strong I see soggy. You're such a star.

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Emily Maitlis should be sacked- biased report on Cummings on 14:30 - May 29 with 667 viewsSadoldgit

Emily Maitlis should be sacked- biased report on Cummings on 12:58 - May 29 by Bazza

You completely missed my point Bazza. You fully expect journalists not to give politicians an easy ride and to take a position if that politician has done something questionable or in Neil’s case, if he is testing out the various candidates before an election. You don’t expect him to be impartial. If the senior adviser to the government ignores his own rules when he and his wife are carrying the virus, would you really expect anything else? If she had washed over it as Johnson has done himself, the BBC would have been charged with bias towards the government. Let’s not pretend that it is only a matter of opinion that he has done something wrong, he blatantly has (followed by a quick f you when challenged).
Emily Maitlis should be sacked- biased report on Cummings on 18:11 - May 29 with 643 viewsBazza

Emily Maitlis should be sacked- biased report on Cummings on 14:30 - May 29 by Sadoldgit

You completely missed my point Bazza. You fully expect journalists not to give politicians an easy ride and to take a position if that politician has done something questionable or in Neil’s case, if he is testing out the various candidates before an election. You don’t expect him to be impartial. If the senior adviser to the government ignores his own rules when he and his wife are carrying the virus, would you really expect anything else? If she had washed over it as Johnson has done himself, the BBC would have been charged with bias towards the government. Let’s not pretend that it is only a matter of opinion that he has done something wrong, he blatantly has (followed by a quick f you when challenged).

The BBC has to be impartial as a taxpayer funded entity, and are supposed to be 'impartial and objective' (Lord Reith). So I expect interviewers to vigorously challenge politicians views without obviously taking sides. Andrew Neil does that, Emily Maitlis sometimes does not.
Maitlis has been correctly criticised by the BBC because she gave a long personal opinion on Cummings without fully giving his viewpoint.

Certainly Cummings, in my view, stretched the guidelines but the police are not taking further action.
Emily Maitlis should be sacked- biased report on Cummings on 18:43 - May 29 with 637 viewskentsouthampton

Emily Maitlis should be sacked- biased report on Cummings on 09:00 - May 29 by Ron11

Out of our licence money, which I don't pay for to be fed biased political shit whether I want it or not.

Yeah, lets live in a banana republic.
Emily Maitlis should be sacked- biased report on Cummings on 19:13 - May 29 with 625 viewsBicester_North

Emily Maitlis should be sacked- biased report on Cummings on 18:43 - May 29 by kentsouthampton

Yeah, lets live in a banana republic.

Like portsea island?

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Emily Maitlis should be sacked- biased report on Cummings on 23:54 - May 29 with 593 viewsSadoldgit

Emily Maitlis should be sacked- biased report on Cummings on 18:11 - May 29 by Bazza

The BBC has to be impartial as a taxpayer funded entity, and are supposed to be 'impartial and objective' (Lord Reith). So I expect interviewers to vigorously challenge politicians views without obviously taking sides. Andrew Neil does that, Emily Maitlis sometimes does not.
Maitlis has been correctly criticised by the BBC because she gave a long personal opinion on Cummings without fully giving his viewpoint.

Certainly Cummings, in my view, stretched the guidelines but the police are not taking further action.

I just watched it again and yes, I think it was a bit full on and probably could have been written better. I think it reflected the public anger very well but as has been said, the BBC needs to be above the Mail and The Sun approach and could have framed their report more effectively if they had adopted a “Starmer” approach. Emily Maitlis is a very professional reporter and should not be hung out to dry over this. The big issue is, and always has been, Cummings behaviour and Johnson’s protection of him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024