Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Outrage 21:18 - Jun 15 with 2553 viewsBicester_North

I need something to be outraged by this week, or a way of showing on social media how virtuous I am. Anyone got any suggestions?

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Outrage on 10:33 - Jun 16 with 713 viewssaint68

Outrage on 21:51 - Jun 15 by A1079

Not so much outrage Bicester as I am phlegmatic about things in some respects but 2 things have come to mind in the last 24 hours.

I don't know if you are watching the Salisbury poisonings which seems to be a really good reconstruction of what took place in 2018, but that is one thing which I will come onto.

Then driving home from work this evening there was a lady on Radio 5 (from Basingstoke ironically) who sounded decent, dignified and sincere. She had a good job but suddenly has nothing and she is on the edge financially. She was saying how she is struggling to get by and has never faced anything like this in her life because she has always worked her way through it. I am sure there are many hundreds of cases like her, which if we don't get the economy going will become a real lasting cost of these last few months.

But, what really left me thinking is this. What happened in Salisbury was state motivated poisonings - innocent people were placed in the most desperate situation and yet, by and large we let Russia get away with it. There were no protests by British people, no one marched on the Russian embassy, burnt Russians emblems or flags - we just grudgingly accepted it and moved on. But, had this been the USA how many of London's streets would have been filled with hate against America and the President, but nothing, but nothing against Putin or Russia who are consistently a threat to their neighbours and the west.

Then today, that piece on the radio spoke volumes. The media, the liberal left spend days and weeks covering a story of one man called Cummings and then they and thousands jump on the bandwagon of an event 4000 miles away and somehow turn it into a crisis here. Yet, there is so much that the media and the public should be focusing on in this country like decent hard working people that are struggling to just get by and yet it gets no focus. I am left wondering, what really matters to people, where are their loyalties because it does not seem it is with their own country or people, they don't seem to want to divert all that energy and passion into fighting for the very things that threaten us or ordinary average every day folk.

Not sure that is outrage Bicester just a rant really and is there to be pulled to shreds by just about everyone, but I have got off my chest!

As always Sir a very decent post....I expect the usual suspects will turn it into a political melodrama!!🥱🥱🥱😫😫

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Outrage on 10:33 - Jun 16 with 713 viewsBicester_North

Outrage on 09:57 - Jun 16 by saint22

try reading pal
ignorance is bliss hey?

You must be outraged by the Guardian’s slavery connection.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Outrage on 12:46 - Jun 16 with 662 viewskingslandstand1

Outrage on 06:41 - Jun 16 by SalisburySaint

Well I’m outraged at the Salisbury Poisonings, everyone’s got a Brizzle accent, one just does not talk like that here, do we ?

I def thought the same having worked in both cities quite a bit!
Outrage on 13:08 - Jun 16 with 643 viewssaint22

another U turn

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53065806

He really cannot do anything right can he?
Outrage on 10:11 - Jun 19 with 576 viewsRon11

Outrage on 22:01 - Jun 15 by Heisenberg

I live on a 20 mph road with a primary school on it. And yet utter pricks seem to think it's ok to hammer down it like they are driving in a Grand Prix. And they drive those bell end cars that back fire. It's the one thing that utterly pisses me off. That and the complete tw@ts who leave their litter in the park. Bring back the stocks.

I totally agree. But the police are mostly pathetic.
Outrage on 10:16 - Jun 19 with 572 viewsRon11

Outrage on 06:41 - Jun 16 by SalisburySaint

Well I’m outraged at the Salisbury Poisonings, everyone’s got a Brizzle accent, one just does not talk like that here, do we ?

I lived in Amesbury for ten years and then Alderbury for three. Loved it there.
Tesco's checkout in Castle Street - 'orlroight my luvver?'
Outrage on 10:20 - Jun 19 with 565 viewsSadoldgit

I would love to be outraged by the news about the track and trace app but sadly it came as no surprise that our “world beating” new track and trace system is just a damp squib after all and it will probably be Winter before we have something workable. This government have moved beyond shambolic and even self parody to the point, as with Trump, that there is no outrage left, just despair that we have to put up with these clowns until the next election.
Outrage on 10:33 - Jun 19 with 553 viewsJaySaint

Outrage on 10:20 - Jun 19 by Sadoldgit

I would love to be outraged by the news about the track and trace app but sadly it came as no surprise that our “world beating” new track and trace system is just a damp squib after all and it will probably be Winter before we have something workable. This government have moved beyond shambolic and even self parody to the point, as with Trump, that there is no outrage left, just despair that we have to put up with these clowns until the next election.

I am outraged at Oh When The Saints Song

it needs to be dropped by the club......I will write an angry email to them, displaying my outrage!

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Login to get fewer ads

Outrage on 12:58 - Jun 19 with 522 viewsRon11

Outrage on 10:20 - Jun 19 by Sadoldgit

You're a Fascist, no?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024