Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Owls match thread 11:34 - Jul 10 with 26699 viewsTheChef

Never started one before - nothing to lose, beach towels out, deckchairs out, Factor 50 out.

Would be best for everyone if we just took a point each and saved everyone the bother.

Prediction: QPR 0 Sheffield Wednesday 1

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Owls match thread on 16:54 - Jul 11 with 1599 viewsR_from_afar

Make it stop

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Owls match thread on 16:54 - Jul 11 with 1593 viewsSt_Pollock

Owls match thread on 16:44 - Jul 11 by Russian__Bot

Think that's harsh. Only 4 of our players are Championship standard: Eze, BOS, Manning and Barbet. And all have been varying degrees of terrible since the restart

The rest who played today wouldn't stand out in a League One side. Most wouldn't in a League two side.

Leistner, Hall, Pugh, taken from him by the board giving up on this season. Wells also really

Rangel, Hugill injured. Warburton has been left with a league one/two standard team and it shows

He's fallen out of favour very quickly at every club he's managed. That's a fact.

I'm also not judging him on today but the whole season. For every great performance against Luton (and despite how great the first half was we nearly drew/lost) there have been 3 performances if not as bad as today far from being impressive. That's with the best XI he can choose too.

Few fans at clubs he has managed at have many great things to say about him and I think that's telling.

Not saying he should go now, by the way, but only that the board should be looking to see if he has learnt lessons from his previous jobs.
Owls match thread on 16:54 - Jul 11 with 1578 viewsDylanP

3 minutes to go of extra time, 3-0 down, free kick short and backwards!

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Owls match thread on 16:55 - Jul 11 with 1537 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Owls match thread on 16:53 - Jul 11 by DylanP

I know I'm on my own on this one but I think Eze has been shite since the re-start. He does a few good flicks every now and again, but otherwise is a waste of space. He had an opportunity to be leader but instead he is just a passenger

Well, I wouldn't be as harsh as that.

But yes, this was a chance for him to show that he was a leader and a star player but he has not impressed in either department. He has looked for the ball, but he has been subdued in himself and he clearly has more development and learning ahead of him. And that's ok.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Owls match thread on 16:55 - Jul 11 with 1537 viewsStanisgod

Owls match thread on 16:49 - Jul 11 by ed_83

This is the key point for me. The whole point of Warbuton's style of play is to take risks, make attacking runs and move the ball quickly. Slow that down or start playing more conservatively, and it falls apart, just like we've seen since the restart.

Fingers will invariably point at Warburton and I think there's something clearly not quite right across the squad, but for me this is mainly about the players. Kakay and Lumley don't seem to be lacking in motivation, so what's wrong with the others?

Sincerely hope this is Amos' last appearance for us, and that the players phoning it in with half an eye on being sold (Eze, Bright, Manning) have the self-respect to stop treating fans like idiots for the remaining time they're here.

I think BOS has at least tried post Barnsley, no support.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Owls match thread on 16:56 - Jul 11 with 1520 viewsLblock

Sprinkle some glitter on that turd Warburton if you can (or dare)

You cannot even blame a solitary shot on goal as one of your famous missed chances today.

Have you got the balls to take blame? To take the players attitude to task? To admit we’re so badly prepared and coached at defending it’s beyond apology???

We’ll see.......

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Owls match thread on 16:56 - Jul 11 with 1503 views2Thomas2Bowles

Owls match thread on 15:47 - Jul 11 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Shameful

Fecking Shameful. lost 5 of last 6.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Owls match thread on 16:56 - Jul 11 with 1492 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Owls match thread on 16:55 - Jul 11 by Stanisgod

FT.

I agree. I think he's worked really hard.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Owls match thread on 16:56 - Jul 11 with 1486 viewsqprd

Losing 3-0 and we’re playing a spurs loanee over giving minutes to one of our own in Bettache
Owls match thread on 16:57 - Jul 11 with 1468 viewsVancouverHoop

I know I'm on my own on this one but I think Eze has been shite since the re-start. He does a few good flicks every now and again, but otherwise is a waste of space. He had an opportunity to be leader but instead he is just a passenger

Fair point, but it could be that leadership just isn't in his DNA. Not every superbly skilled player has it.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2020 16:57]
Owls match thread on 16:57 - Jul 11 with 1464 viewsjohncharles

Owls match thread on 16:54 - Jul 11 by DylanP

3 minutes to go of extra time, 3-0 down, free kick short and backwards!

So, well, that’s it then. Just the highlights to look forward to later this evening.☠️

Strong and stable my arse.

Owls match thread on 16:57 - Jul 11 with 1425 viewsSharpy36

You`re not on your own.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Owls match thread on 16:57 - Jul 11 with 1423 viewsSt_Pollock

You're not alone. He's been hit and miss all season but the poor performances have been overlooked by a lot of our fans.

Is it a case of believing the hype or he's simply a kid developing?
Owls match thread on 16:59 - Jul 11 with 1354 viewsHantsR

Oh dear, I'm not going to get those last two hours back from my life

- at least I won't have to face the long miserable drive home
Owls match thread on 17:00 - Jul 11 with 1309 viewsed_83

Owls match thread on 16:55 - Jul 11 by Stanisgod

Yeah, that's fair, I guess he's been a bit less disappointing than Eze or Manning recently. Still feel like we should be expecting more from him given what he showed earlier in the season, though.
Owls match thread on 17:03 - Jul 11 with 1239 viewsqprxtc

To quote Ian Dury:

“A rseholes, bastards, f ucking c unts and pricks”.

There’s your match report Clive.
Owls match thread on 17:04 - Jul 11 with 1217 viewsEmpireStateRanger

And we get to do it alllll over again on Tuesday!
Owls match thread on 17:05 - Jul 11 with 1179 viewsBostonR

Owls match thread on 16:54 - Jul 11 by St_Pollock

He's fallen out of favour very quickly at every club he's managed. That's a fact.

I'm also not judging him on today but the whole season. For every great performance against Luton (and despite how great the first half was we nearly drew/lost) there have been 3 performances if not as bad as today far from being impressive. That's with the best XI he can choose too.

Few fans at clubs he has managed at have many great things to say about him and I think that's telling.

Not saying he should go now, by the way, but only that the board should be looking to see if he has learnt lessons from his previous jobs.

You have a valid point on Warburton. When it’s good it’s very good but some of the defensive organisation has been shambolic - amateur hour at its best.
I’m baffled by the recent results- it’s a worry for next season. You sense we could easily get relegated if Warburton doesn’t change his approach.
Owls match thread on 17:07 - Jul 11 with 1152 viewsEmpireStateRanger

Owls match thread on 17:05 - Jul 11 by BostonR

You have a valid point on Warburton. When it’s good it’s very good but some of the defensive organisation has been shambolic - amateur hour at its best.
I’m baffled by the recent results- it’s a worry for next season. You sense we could easily get relegated if Warburton doesn’t change his approach.

It's been pretty decent under Warburton, but if we start next season on a similar stretch, patience will wear thin.
Owls match thread on 17:09 - Jul 11 with 1116 viewsjohnhoop

Owls match thread on 17:03 - Jul 11 by qprxtc

To quote Ian Dury:

“A rseholes, bastards, f ucking c unts and pricks”.

There’s your match report Clive.

I really don’t think we should expect Clive to have to do a match report on that putrid shower of shite and bearing in mind what he said in his Match preview this morning I don’t see why he should take the trouble to do Match previews and reports for the remaining three waste of time games.
I love reading them but if the team can’t be bothered to turn up why should he make the effort.
Maybe just say the season is over now, the way the team clearly have.
Owls match thread on 17:10 - Jul 11 with 1094 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I’m not baffled. Wells, Hugill, Hall, and Pugh have scored over 50% of our goals this season.

No excuse for the defensive frailty though.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2020 17:10]
Owls match thread on 17:11 - Jul 11 with 1070 viewsBerkoRanger

Chris Hughton, anyone?
Owls match thread on 17:12 - Jul 11 with 1057 viewsSt_Pollock

There's no money, we haven't paid a fee for 3 years and if we sell the money is going mostly to off pitch requirements.

It's not being pessimistic to say we're possibly in a relegation fight next season.

Do you trust Warburton and his one plan approach to see us through?
Owls match thread on 17:29 - Jul 11 with 924 viewsBostonR

Owls match thread on 17:12 - Jul 11 by St_Pollock

There's no money, we haven't paid a fee for 3 years and if we sell the money is going mostly to off pitch requirements.

It's not being pessimistic to say we're possibly in a relegation fight next season.

Do you trust Warburton and his one plan approach to see us through?

I thought that we would be in a better FFP position next season so perhaps we should pause the panic button?
Owls match thread on 17:35 - Jul 11 with 891 viewsSt_Pollock

Owls match thread on 17:29 - Jul 11 by BostonR

I thought that we would be in a better FFP position next season so perhaps we should pause the panic button?

The board won't allow us to go so far in debt ever again and at present we lose £1m a month.

Even if Eze and BOS both leave for significant money - and significant in a post Convid World is about £15m - 18m for the pair - we're not going to spend more than £500k - £1m on players.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024