Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dambusters dog 08:21 - Jul 17 with 3847 viewssledger

See the plaque for the dog mascot of the dambusters squadron has been changed because his name is thought to be racist,its a fu**ing dog for fu**a sake
Dambusters dog on 18:36 - Jul 17 with 1129 viewsBazza

Dambusters dog on 17:03 - Jul 17 by kingslandstand1

Would you call him Frank if it was a black lab?

Negro is Spanish for black, wonder what they call their black dogs.....?
Dambusters dog on 18:54 - Jul 17 with 1120 viewskernow

Dambusters dog on 14:48 - Jul 17 by Bison

We could change yours to Kerpow , you nickname called then be Batman

Time for a name change methinks.
Dambusters dog on 20:17 - Jul 17 with 1100 viewskingslandstand1

Dambusters dog on 18:54 - Jul 17 by kernow

Time for a name change methinks.

No multi posting don't forget
Dambusters dog on 09:10 - Jul 18 with 1054 viewsarfurdent

they could dig the body up, wire the bones together and install it on one of the vacant statue plinths

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Dambusters dog on 13:41 - Jul 18 with 1005 viewsSadoldgit

Dambusters dog on 18:36 - Jul 17 by Bazza

Negro is Spanish for black, wonder what they call their black dogs.....?

Pedro?
Dambusters dog on 18:52 - Jul 18 with 957 viewsBridders2

Whitewashing history is disturbing. At the time his dog's name wasn't thought offensive, but affectionate. History should be explained not erased, that's what Pol Pot did.
Dambusters dog on 06:59 - Jul 19 with 889 viewsarfurdent

Dambusters dog on 18:52 - Jul 18 by Bridders2

Whitewashing history is disturbing. At the time his dog's name wasn't thought offensive, but affectionate. History should be explained not erased, that's what Pol Pot did.

has he got a statue?

Dambusters dog on 09:10 - Jul 19 with 861 viewsButty101

Dambusters dog on 06:59 - Jul 19 by arfurdent

has he got a statue?

So my mate who surname Is “White” and he has always had the nickname “Chalky” . Is that now rasist? If a black person says Chalky Should I be offended?

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Login to get fewer ads

Dambusters dog on 10:37 - Jul 19 with 840 viewsSadoldgit

Dambusters dog on 18:52 - Jul 18 by Bridders2

It was always been a derogatory name for black people.
Dambusters dog on 11:02 - Jul 19 with 824 viewsChesham_Saint

Dambusters dog on 10:37 - Jul 19 by Sadoldgit

Perhaps our only hope then is that they make a sequel with a golden Labrador called ‘Cracker’?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Dambusters dog on 11:36 - Jul 19 with 811 viewsSadoldgit

Dambusters dog on 11:02 - Jul 19 by Chesham_Saint

Perhaps our only hope then is that they make a sequel with a golden Labrador called ‘Cracker’?

Make a sequel of what? I don’t think we need another world war just to deal with a dodgy dog’s name do we?
Dambusters dog on 11:52 - Jul 19 with 802 viewsChesham_Saint

Dambusters dog on 11:36 - Jul 19 by Sadoldgit

Make a sequel of what? I don’t think we need another world war just to deal with a dodgy dog’s name do we?

Well....as the N-Dog was killed in '43 that leaves two whole years of WW2, so WW3 isn't required yet (I'm thinking 'Dambusters VII - the Blair Years' for that).

In any event, I wasn't, like, y'know, being entirely serious, like.

Dambusters dog on 09:48 - Jul 20 with 757 viewsarfurdent

Dambusters dog on 11:52 - Jul 19 by Chesham_Saint

Well....as the N-Dog was killed in '43 that leaves two whole years of WW2, so WW3 isn't required yet (I'm thinking 'Dambusters VII - the Blair Years' for that).

In any event, I wasn't, like, y'know, being entirely serious, like.

could be decent reality TV viewing to see European Air Forces taking turns in trying to blow a hole in Germany's dams. Judges would award points for:
- size of breach
- number of civilians displaced downstream

Of course the dams could be defended with points awarded for number of attacking aircraft destroyed

No doubt a guest starring role by the Japanese would allow them to demonstrate how to do it without the need for a bomb.

If they paint the dams white that will keep protest movements happy

No doubt Boeing would look to provide commercial sponsorship highlighting the 737Max's divebomber mode

Dambusters dog on 10:33 - Jul 20 with 754 viewsBison

Dambusters dog on 11:02 - Jul 19 by Chesham_Saint

There's no such thing as a Golden Labrador they are yellow officially , now that might cause another shite storm if it was remade in the Pacific theatre of war. The captain of the Enola Gay and his yellow Labrador NIPper.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Dambusters dog on 10:37 - Jul 20 with 751 viewsChesham_Saint

Dambusters dog on 10:33 - Jul 20 by Bison

There's no such thing as a Golden Labrador they are yellow officially , now that might cause another shite storm if it was remade in the Pacific theatre of war. The captain of the Enola Gay and his yellow Labrador NIPper.

Look on the bright side, at least they had the foresight not to call the bomber ‘Enola Straight’...

Dambusters dog on 12:05 - Jul 20 with 736 viewsarfurdent

Dambusters dog on 10:37 - Jul 20 by Chesham_Saint

Look on the bright side, at least they had the foresight not to call the bomber ‘Enola Straight’...

nice one sir

Dambusters dog on 12:39 - Jul 20 with 725 viewsGasGiant

Dambusters dog on 10:37 - Jul 19 by Sadoldgit

No it's not necessarily derogatory, in fact I suspect most often nicknames are used as friendly banter. The reason we have now become a ludicrously paralysed nervous society afraid of our own shadows is because of millenial idiots who think the combination of the letters and words by themselves are the problem rather than the intent of the person uttering them. It is possible to be a rabid racist and avoid all the trigger words that create media hysteria, but equally it is possible for a West Indian to gain the nickname Chalky as a friendly term, and even the owner of the nickname might feel accepted. People often like to have nicknames even if they refer to some physical characteristic. Short People called Lofty, Fat people called Slim, Slapheads called Curly, It is all about how it is said and what the intent was, not the words on their own.
Dambusters dog on 12:47 - Jul 20 with 718 viewsChesham_Saint

Dambusters dog on 12:39 - Jul 20 by GasGiant

No it's not necessarily derogatory, in fact I suspect most often nicknames are used as friendly banter. The reason we have now become a ludicrously paralysed nervous society afraid of our own shadows is because of millenial idiots who think the combination of the letters and words by themselves are the problem rather than the intent of the person uttering them. It is possible to be a rabid racist and avoid all the trigger words that create media hysteria, but equally it is possible for a West Indian to gain the nickname Chalky as a friendly term, and even the owner of the nickname might feel accepted. People often like to have nicknames even if they refer to some physical characteristic. Short People called Lofty, Fat people called Slim, Slapheads called Curly, It is all about how it is said and what the intent was, not the words on their own.

I hear what you say GG, but I guess most slapheads, short arses, gingers and chubsters haven’t been discriminated against on that basis, so the N word carries far more of a stigma and is best avoided.

That said, it’s the bald, chubby pygmies of this world I feel most sorry for.

Dambusters dog on 13:01 - Jul 20 with 710 viewsarfurdent

Dambusters dog on 12:47 - Jul 20 by Chesham_Saint

I hear what you say GG, but I guess most slapheads, short arses, gingers and chubsters haven’t been discriminated against on that basis, so the N word carries far more of a stigma and is best avoided.

especially when served with garlic

Dambusters dog on 21:25 - Jul 20 with 680 viewsGasGiant

Dambusters dog on 12:47 - Jul 20 by Chesham_Saint

And neither have most of the people under the BLM umbrella claiming victimhood by proxy, just because forebears of similar skin colour experienced discrimination (and far far worse) two hundred years ago. The word n.i.g.g.e.r. ( being forced to obfuscate it is an insult to anyone's intelligence and just proves the point. Did anyone die?) has far more connotation in the USA where even in the 1950s segregation in schools, buses , shops and bars was still normal in the former confederate states and the word had common currency. What has that got to do with the UK in the 21st century which is, contrary to BLM claims, one of the most egalitatrian societies in the world? How many of those in the UK BLM movement even have any objective and dispassionate understanding of the UK's particular racial history in the context of the times when events occurred? Most of those in the BLM movement in the UK can perhaps claim the last twenty years as their own direct experience. So how much direct specific and personal racial prejudice have they experienced for themselves on themselves purely because of their race in the UK since 2000? I argue that collectively it is far far less than the movement tries to claim by mixing up past and present into one single never ending soup of injustice and victimhood . Forcing people onto one knee whether they want to or not is not the way to create a progressive inclusive society.
Dambusters dog on 16:33 - Jul 21 with 623 viewsarfurdent

will anyone put up a statue for the poor motorist who ran over the dog?

if it becomes known that individuals are descended from someone who killed a n* they could be in serious trouble
[Post edited 21 Jul 2020 16:34]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024