Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Salisu signed 20:48 - Jul 20 with 1931 viewsSadoldgit

Apparently he has signed up! £10.9m.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2020 20:52]
Salisu signed on 21:07 - Jul 20 with 1880 viewsgrumpy

Salisu signed on 21:27 - Jul 20 with 1832 viewsPatfromPoole

And Burnley after Harrison Reed apparently....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8542213/Southampton-set-annou

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Salisu signed on 22:22 - Jul 20 with 1724 viewsdirk_doone

Salisu signed on 21:27 - Jul 20 by PatfromPoole

And Burnley after Harrison Reed apparently....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8542213/Southampton-set-annou

We'll keep Reed: He's been very impressive for Fulham and Ralph has already mentioned him. I can see why Burnley would want him though.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Salisu signed on 07:14 - Jul 21 with 1510 viewssaint22

Very good news
We need another one now and Ake off to City so who will it be?
Salisu signed on 09:40 - Jul 21 with 1354 viewskingslandstand1

Salisu signed on 07:14 - Jul 21 by saint22

Very good news
We need another one now and Ake off to City so who will it be?

I'll let you know if it's (very) good news after a few games as circa £11m is not a lot for a quality CB nowadays unless he turns out to be an exceptional bargain

Let's face it, how much did we pay for Vestergard? A lot more than that from memory. Yes he has had some good moments of late and it seems a cracking shot from distance but do you feel confident when he has the ball at his feet when defending?
Salisu signed on 11:06 - Jul 21 with 1276 viewsBuggalugs

Salisu signed on 09:40 - Jul 21 by kingslandstand1

I'll let you know if it's (very) good news after a few games as circa £11m is not a lot for a quality CB nowadays unless he turns out to be an exceptional bargain

Let's face it, how much did we pay for Vestergard? A lot more than that from memory. Yes he has had some good moments of late and it seems a cracking shot from distance but do you feel confident when he has the ball at his feet when defending?

I remember the "typical Saints/cheap option" uproar on here when we purchased Bednarek for £5m. Many of the same experts criticising that piece of business were lauding the £18m signing of Vestergaard the following year, especially as they'd all apparently seen him play for Monchengladbach many times.

Don't think any would take the latter over Bednarek now, so I tend not to pay too much attention to transfer fee's these days....especially as Ings aside, all our big money signings have been crap.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Salisu signed on 12:27 - Jul 21 with 1203 viewssaint22

Salisu signed on 09:40 - Jul 21 by kingslandstand1

agreed and tbc but if there clubs were sniffing around him too then hopefully this is more of a Fonte signing than a Jannik
Salisu signed on 12:42 - Jul 21 with 1182 viewsTimSaint

So does anyone know if this has actually happened yet, or do we need to wait until 1st August (if that is when the window opens) ?
I can't find anything official and all the articles suggest that we have met his buy out clause and agreed personal terms on a 4 year deal.
Apparently Man Utd and Arsenal were sniffing around him as well, but perhaps just agent talk, so would be a bit of a coupe if we can get him and he turns out well.

TimSaint

Login to get fewer ads

Salisu signed on 13:39 - Jul 21 with 1109 viewsSadoldgit

The Mail seem to think it is a done deal, but then it is The Mail.
Salisu signed on 14:00 - Jul 21 with 1086 viewsTripleNiemi

Salisu signed on 11:06 - Jul 21 by Buggalugs

I remember the "typical Saints/cheap option" uproar on here when we purchased Bednarek for £5m. Many of the same experts criticising that piece of business were lauding the £18m signing of Vestergaard the following year, especially as they'd all apparently seen him play for Monchengladbach many times.

Don't think any would take the latter over Bednarek now, so I tend not to pay too much attention to transfer fee's these days....especially as Ings aside, all our big money signings have been crap.

What, so you didn't rate Delap, Degado, Hoedt etc........

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Salisu signed on 14:15 - Jul 21 with 1065 viewskingslandstand1

Salisu signed on 11:06 - Jul 21 by Buggalugs

I know what you're saying and we have (had) a reputation about getting bargains and making a profit on the expected sale (the Southampton Way?) but I've never heard of him and I'd say majority on here haven't, and the 2 buys you've mentioned have not exactly turned in to a VvD, but let's not think our defensive frailties are now overcome
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024