Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Le Tissier Has Lost The Plot 16:18 - Jul 18 with 5981 viewsPoirot

Like many fans, ive become somewhat embarrassed by his behaviour over the last couple of months. Hes shown some true colours by outing himself as a conspiracy theorist. He believes like David Icke and co that the covid virus isnt as bad as being suggsted. Its all about 'control' and making money from a (bill gates) vaccine. Alongside this hes become very obnoxious and has had many sniping sessions with Saints fans. Hes contradicted himself so many times over recent weeks, its very clear hes thick in the brain. Just like all the other paranoid CTs he now believes twitter are deleting his followers. When reality is that many are simply unfollowing him due to his daily virus rantings.

Hes on a one way ticket from being dropped from sky sports if he keeps this going.

Le Tissier Has Lost The Plot on 18:42 - Jul 18 with 5024 viewsChesham_Saint

You made the same point already - nearly two weeks ago....

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Le Tissier Has Lost The Plot on 18:45 - Jul 18 with 5016 viewsSaintsforeverj

Le Tissier is a Southampton legend.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Le Tissier Has Lost The Plot on 19:08 - Jul 18 with 4993 viewsBuggalugs

Who cares ffs.

As for “On a one way ticket from being dropped by Sky”; why, for having a different opinion to you?
You sound like one of those weirdo’s that’d start a petition over it.

I’ve not seen anything from him that warrants your faux-outrage. You do realise it’d be a pretty dull world if we all agreed?

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Le Tissier Has Lost The Plot on 19:44 - Jul 18 with 4949 viewsgrumpy

Le Tissier is remembered by saints fans more for what he did on the pitch than anything off it.
Has always been supportive of the club and its fans.
Le Tissier Has Lost The Plot on 19:54 - Jul 18 with 4939 viewskingslandstand1

Le Tissier Has Lost The Plot on 18:42 - Jul 18 by Chesham_Saint

You made the same point already - nearly two weeks ago....

And I believe that's been his only other post so presumably something personal?
Le Tissier Has Lost The Plot on 20:23 - Jul 18 with 4912 viewskingslandstand1

Le Tissier Has Lost The Plot on 19:08 - Jul 18 by Buggalugs

Who cares ffs.

As for “On a one way ticket from being dropped by Sky”; why, for having a different opinion to you?

I’ve not seen anything from him that warrants your faux-outrage. You do realise it’d be a pretty dull world if we all agreed?

The good thing about Tis's tweets are that he deliberately winds people up, and the likes of Poirot bite
Le Tissier Has Lost The Plot on 20:32 - Jul 18 with 4930 viewsVreg

He can believe in bigfoot, the Loch Ness monster, fairies, flat earth and Alex Jones, for all I care. Still love him.
Le Tissier Has Lost The Plot on 20:33 - Jul 18 with 4903 viewsSaintsforeverj

Le Tissier Has Lost The Plot on 19:54 - Jul 18 by kingslandstand1

And I believe that's been his only other post so presumably something personal?

Is he a Pompey fan?

Login to get fewer ads

Le Tissier Has Lost The Plot on 12:25 - Jul 19 with 4568 viewskingslandstand1

Le Tissier Has Lost The Plot on 20:33 - Jul 18 by Saintsforeverj

Is he a Pompey fan?

Can't be, wouldn't know how to spell Poirot
Le Tissier Has Lost The Plot on 12:26 - Jul 19 with 4574 viewskingslandstand1

Le Tissier Has Lost The Plot on 20:32 - Jul 18 by Vreg

He can believe in bigfoot, the Loch Ness monster, fairies, flat earth and Alex Jones, for all I care. Still love him.

Le Tissier Has Lost The Plot on 19:11 - Aug 23 with 4240 viewsdirk_doone

Le Tissier Has Lost The Plot on 12:26 - Jul 19 by kingslandstand1

Don't you think about anything else?

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Le Tissier Has Lost The Plot on 23:08 - Aug 23 with 4145 viewsericofarabia

Le Tissier Has Lost The Plot on 19:08 - Jul 18 by Buggalugs

Who cares ffs.

From what I've seen, he isn't preaching that all of the stuff is true, but bringing it to peoples attention as most of it isnt being shown on Mainstream Media for people to make up their own minds. He isnt anti vaccine, and I certainly share his view as to why one is being fast tracked without appropriate checks and being pushed through as a mandatory vaccine.
Le Tissier Has Lost The Plot on 11:16 - Aug 24 with 4025 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Le Tissier Has Lost The Plot on 12:25 - Jul 19 by kingslandstand1

Can't be, wouldn't know how to spell Poirot

Authors who have lived in the city , or were born in the city

Graham Hurley
Christopher Hitchens
Neil Gaiman
HG Wells
Charles Dickens
Neville Shute
Arthur Conan Doyle
Frances Yates
Rudyard Kipling
Douglas Morey Ford
George Meredith
Walter Besant

Looks like we have a football team of authors. Any authors from Southampton?
[Post edited 24 Aug 2020 11:22]

Poll: Is Southampton FC a big club. Where do they rank?

Le Tissier Has Lost The Plot on 11:33 - Aug 24 with 3997 viewsChesham_Saint

Le Tissier Has Lost The Plot on 11:16 - Aug 24 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Authors who have lived in the city , or were born in the city

Graham Hurley
Christopher Hitchens
Neil Gaiman
HG Wells
Charles Dickens
Neville Shute
Arthur Conan Doyle
Frances Yates
Rudyard Kipling
Douglas Morey Ford
George Meredith
Walter Besant

Looks like we have a football team of authors. Any authors from Southampton?
[Post edited 24 Aug 2020 11:22]

And the one thing most, if not all, had in common? Yep, they all fvcked off out of that shit hole as soon as they could.

To paraphrase the Duke of Wellington: "they may have been born in a stable, but that doesn't make them a skate".

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Le Tissier Has Lost The Plot on 11:36 - Aug 24 with 3995 viewsKennington

Le Tiss is heading in the same direction as many other famous people using their fame to promote issues they are ill equipped to have an opinion about. For other examples see Bono, Annie Lennox, Thunberg, Joss Stone, pretty much every Hollywood actor that ever talked about politics in public.

Twitter has legitimised the notion that every opinion is equal which it certainly isn’t.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Le Tissier Has Lost The Plot on 12:13 - Aug 24 with 3961 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Le Tissier Has Lost The Plot on 11:33 - Aug 24 by Chesham_Saint

And the one thing most, if not all, had in common? Yep, they all fvcked off out of that shit hole as soon as they could.

To paraphrase the Duke of Wellington: "they may have been born in a stable, but that doesn't make them a skate".

So, no authors from Southampton then. What a surprise.

Le Tissier Has Lost The Plot on 12:14 - Aug 24 with 3958 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Le Tissier Has Lost The Plot on 11:36 - Aug 24 by Kennington

Le Tiss is heading in the same direction as many other famous people using their fame to promote issues they are ill equipped to have an opinion about. For other examples see Bono, Annie Lennox, Thunberg, Joss Stone, pretty much every Hollywood actor that ever talked about politics in public.

Twitter has legitimised the notion that every opinion is equal which it certainly isn’t.

Just like Bill gates then?

Le Tissier Has Lost The Plot on 12:48 - Aug 24 with 3930 viewsKennington

Le Tissier Has Lost The Plot on 12:14 - Aug 24 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Just like Bill gates then?

No not really, as Bill Gates is the chair of his own NGO. That NGO has some of the toughest academic requirements in the sector. Typically 10-15 years experience, an MSc and PHD are required. That’s why in the public health field it’s very well respected. It’s an NGO that has so far funded nearly $40b of projects. So one would assume Gates is taking an evidence based approach from the worldwide experts that he recruits. I’m not sure what experts Matt Le Tissier or Bono have to turn to?

Le Tissier Has Lost The Plot on 12:55 - Aug 24 with 3915 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Le Tissier Has Lost The Plot on 12:48 - Aug 24 by Kennington

No not really, as Bill Gates is the chair of his own NGO. That NGO has some of the toughest academic requirements in the sector. Typically 10-15 years experience, an MSc and PHD are required. That’s why in the public health field it’s very well respected. It’s an NGO that has so far funded nearly $40b of projects. So one would assume Gates is taking an evidence based approach from the worldwide experts that he recruits. I’m not sure what experts Matt Le Tissier or Bono have to turn to?

So, he's using his money to do what he wants. I wouldn't assume anything. MLT is quite within his rights to ask questions, the fact that he is famous just highlights his thoughts. Some celebrities just look silly, and some just ask questions.

Le Tissier Has Lost The Plot on 14:10 - Aug 24 with 3840 viewsSadoldgit

Le Tissier Has Lost The Plot on 11:36 - Aug 24 by Kennington

Surely it is? Whether you agree with an opinion is down to you, but surely everyone be they famous or not is entitled to their own opinion? If people have an opinion that they wish to express what is wrong with them using whatever platform is available to them? We use this place to express our thoughts and opinions. It is the same principle. We can either join the debate of chose to ignore it but either way, shutting people down because you dint agree with them isn’t healthy in a civilised society (unless the views expressed are designed to incite hatred or violence). The only way to get to the truth or ensure that those on power do what they are supposed to do is to ask questions and to hold those who make decisions to account. I don’t necessarily agree with a lot of what is being said but at the same time I am pleased that some people feel able to express a different viewpoint.
Le Tissier Has Lost The Plot on 14:20 - Aug 24 with 3835 viewsKennington

Le Tissier Has Lost The Plot on 14:10 - Aug 24 by Sadoldgit

Surely it is? Whether you agree with an opinion is down to you, but surely everyone be they famous or not is entitled to their own opinion? If people have an opinion that they wish to express what is wrong with them using whatever platform is available to them? We use this place to express our thoughts and opinions. It is the same principle. We can either join the debate of chose to ignore it but either way, shutting people down because you dint agree with them isn’t healthy in a civilised society (unless the views expressed are designed to incite hatred or violence). The only way to get to the truth or ensure that those on power do what they are supposed to do is to ask questions and to hold those who make decisions to account. I don’t necessarily agree with a lot of what is being said but at the same time I am pleased that some people feel able to express a different viewpoint.

It isn’t though. If I tweeted Stephen Hawking’s theories are wrong and were created by the illuminati and he isn’t even dead but lives in Bolton then my theories are less valid than Hawking’s own theories. As such not all opinions are equal.

Le Tissier’s following is based on his football playing and punditry. Therefore he has a platform to peddle his rubbish. Amazes me anyone still follows him. Also surprising Sky hasn’t got wind of it and got rid of him, but they did have Merson staring in their gambling ads, so their views are probably equally as skewed.

Le Tissier Has Lost The Plot on 15:31 - Aug 24 with 3789 viewsDorsetIan

There is no quote so true as: 'a little learning is a dangerous thing'.

The reason we need scientists, philosophers and other experts is that working out what is 'true' tends to involve a bit more than a feeling that 'that seems right'...

When say everyone is entitled to their opinion all we mean is that we don't want people locked up for holding particular views. But when people spout falsehoods that can potentially cause harm (see Andrew Wakefield) or which incite hatred, rightly there are limits.

Equally obviously, some opinions are stupid opinions. There are stupid people out there. They are quite likely to hold stupid opinions.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2020 15:54]

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Le Tissier Has Lost The Plot on 15:53 - Aug 24 with 3770 viewsSaintsforeverj

Le Tissier Has Lost The Plot on 15:31 - Aug 24 by DorsetIan

There is no quote so true as: 'a little learning is a dangerous thing'.

The reason we need scientists, philosophers and other experts is that working out what is 'true' tends to involve a bit more than a feeling that 'that seems right'...

When say everyone is entitled to their opinion all we mean is that we don't want people locked up for holding particular views. But when people spout falsehoods that can potentially cause harm (see Andrew Wakefield) or which incite hatred, rightly there are limits.

Equally obviously, some opinions are stupid opinions. There are stupid people out there. They are quite likely to hold stupid opinions.

Is there such thing as a stupid opinion? Was it a stupid opinion to suggest that we could fly to the moon 100 years ago? Might have been seen as such then. Is it a stupid opinion to suggest that time travel might be invented in 100 years or Saints can win the league or that a virus could bring the world to a stop? Again, an opinion is only stupid "in your opinion".

Le Tissier Has Lost The Plot on 16:23 - Aug 24 with 3745 viewsSadoldgit

Le Tissier Has Lost The Plot on 14:20 - Aug 24 by Kennington

It isn’t though. If I tweeted Stephen Hawking’s theories are wrong and were created by the illuminati and he isn’t even dead but lives in Bolton then my theories are less valid than Hawking’s own theories. As such not all opinions are equal.

Le Tissier’s following is based on his football playing and punditry. Therefore he has a platform to peddle his rubbish. Amazes me anyone still follows him. Also surprising Sky hasn’t got wind of it and got rid of him, but they did have Merson staring in their gambling ads, so their views are probably equally as skewed.

Some opinions may have less validity than others, but everyone is entitled to hold an opinion. It doesn’t mean it has to be right. If MLT’s job with SKY had anything to do with medical issues then you could argue that he might be putting his job in jeopardy. Given that he is a football pundit I don’t see what his opinions, given in his own time,have to do with football punditry.

Should everyone who believes that we shouldn’t leave the EU and who express that opinion lose their job? Perhaps if it was the PM or a Government minister but otherwise?
Le Tissier Has Lost The Plot on 16:54 - Aug 24 with 3717 viewsDorsetIan

Le Tissier Has Lost The Plot on 15:53 - Aug 24 by Saintsforeverj

Is there such thing as a stupid opinion? Was it a stupid opinion to suggest that we could fly to the moon 100 years ago? Might have been seen as such then. Is it a stupid opinion to suggest that time travel might be invented in 100 years or Saints can win the league or that a virus could bring the world to a stop? Again, an opinion is only stupid "in your opinion".

You might tell me that there are no stupid people either, just people that someone else thinks are stupid.

I don't know about you, but that's not my experience of the world I live in. Just as there is the sky, the trees, the bird and the bees, there are stupid people and stupid opinions.

The stupid people are entitled to their stupid opinions - some of them can't help it and some of them can't be bothered to put the hours in - but don't ask me to take them seriously.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024