Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Covid Figures Exaggerated 09:19 - Jul 19 with 19720 viewsBoris_

Who would have thought it?

Scotland and Wales classing anyone who had Covid with in 28 days of dying as a Covid death, regardless of their actual cause of death.

In England, we are classing anyone who has ever tested positive for Covid as a covid death. So someone could have have tested positive in February and get run over by a bus today, and they will be added to the list of Covid deaths.

As I have said all along, the numbers are fabricated and exaggerated. History will show that we performed as well, if not better than most of the large European countries ( which will upset some on here )

Cancer Research UK are predicting that the lack of urgent care and referrals could contribute up to 35,000 excess deaths as well.

Heart conditions etc also contributing to excess deaths.

The truth is unraveling.

Poll: Claude Puel

Covid Figures Exaggerated on 15:34 - Jul 24 with 1661 viewsSadoldgit

Back to the subject of this thread as it was started by Doris to knock the figures of the Covid death rate.

A few days again Johnson said it would be back to normal by Christmas. Now he is saying the middle of next year? Which is it? He still seems to be making it up as he goes along. Disappointing to hear that our world beating track and trace system is still underperforming too. Add on top of that that shops are saying that they won’t deal with people not wearing masks and the police saying that they have more important things to do and it looks like it is still a shambles nearly 6 months in.

As the main government mouthpiece on football forums Doris (and well known winner) when do you think that Johnson will finally get to grips with the pandemic?
Covid Figures Exaggerated on 15:41 - Jul 24 with 1654 viewsBoris_

Covid Figures Exaggerated on 15:34 - Jul 24 by Sadoldgit

Back to the subject of this thread as it was started by Doris to knock the figures of the Covid death rate.

A few days again Johnson said it would be back to normal by Christmas. Now he is saying the middle of next year? Which is it? He still seems to be making it up as he goes along. Disappointing to hear that our world beating track and trace system is still underperforming too. Add on top of that that shops are saying that they won’t deal with people not wearing masks and the police saying that they have more important things to do and it looks like it is still a shambles nearly 6 months in.

As the main government mouthpiece on football forums Doris (and well known winner) when do you think that Johnson will finally get to grips with the pandemic?

How would you police the pandemic? You appear to be able to moan a lot but you don't seem to have solutions.

The only way that wearing of masks in shops can be done is policing by consent. Do you honestly expect the police to spend their time stood outside Primark fining people?

Where are the several hundred thousand polices officers that would be required for this coming from? Have you been going to the Diane Abbott school of maths?

Tell us Soppy, what would YOU do if you were Prime Minister to police the wearing of masks in shops?

Covid Figures Exaggerated on 16:14 - Jul 24 with 1635 viewsDorsetIan

Covid Figures Exaggerated on 14:59 - Jul 24 by Boris_

So you've given up on the 'freedom of movement' argument and now agree that as long as you're not looking to move to a country and live off their welfare, you will be able to move to most first world countries in the world, as long as you're contributing something?

Now on to goods and services. We buy more off the EU than they buy off us. We can take our business elsewhere if we want. Do you think they would want that? Tarriffs on imports and exports would damage both UK and EU equally. Do you REALLY think that is going to happen and Barnier etc will cut their noses off to spite their faces?

You're just stating the obvious. Yes, some people will still be able to move abroad. Derrr! What you refuse to acknowledge - because the first rule of being a Brexit supporter is never to acknowledge any negative - is that it will get harder.

You can no more look at goods and services in isolation as you can just free movement of labour. Freedom of establishment and free movement of capital all have to be in the mix. As do the benefits of no cross-border bureaucracy generally.

Again, it's not just about UK v EU. The EU cannot give us preferential treatment or it will undermine its own internal market.

There will be a deal so it's best you stop with all your wrong guesses and we will see what transpires.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Covid Figures Exaggerated on 16:21 - Jul 24 with 1631 viewsDorsetIan

Covid Figures Exaggerated on 15:13 - Jul 24 by Boris_

Do you think anyone voted for Brexit thinking that we'd be overnight trillionaires?

Do you have a feel for the costs so far? Are you happy that the Bloomberg figure is about right?

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Covid Figures Exaggerated on 16:44 - Jul 24 with 1621 viewsSadoldgit

Covid Figures Exaggerated on 15:41 - Jul 24 by Boris_

How would you police the pandemic? You appear to be able to moan a lot but you don't seem to have solutions.

The only way that wearing of masks in shops can be done is policing by consent. Do you honestly expect the police to spend their time stood outside Primark fining people?

Where are the several hundred thousand polices officers that would be required for this coming from? Have you been going to the Diane Abbott school of maths?

Tell us Soppy, what would YOU do if you were Prime Minister to police the wearing of masks in shops?

Vote for me and I’ll tell you 😉
It isn’t for a bloke on a football forum to come up with solutions, that is what we vote these people in to do. You have also turned this into an issue about masks when it is an issue about how the whole pandemic has been handled by this government. I know that you have some crazed conspiracy theory thing going on that it isn’t really as bad as we have been told, but it really is, and constant contradictory statements do nothing to boost confidence in this government’s ability to deal with it. Apart from with you of course.
Covid Figures Exaggerated on 17:19 - Jul 24 with 1607 viewsgrumpy

Covid Figures Exaggerated on 12:58 - Jul 24 by Boris_

I think one of the funniest terms to describe Brexit voters is 'Little Englanders'

So someone who wants us to be able to forge our own relationships with 195 countries around the world is a 'Little Englander'

Someone who wants us to remain in a group of 27 nations and not be able to make our own friendships with the other 168 countries is what?

You're not making any sense Soppy, the tears from your eyes seem to be playing with your mind.

'Someone who wants us to remain in a group of 27 nations and not be able to make our own friendships with the other 168 countries is what?'

So are you saying that these 27 nations are not friends with the rest of the world?
As far as trading is concerned they have a much stronger position to do so together than we would on our own..

A no deal would be disastrous for this country.

To have to go cap in hand to someone like Trump would be humiliating.
Covid Figures Exaggerated on 18:38 - Jul 24 with 1577 viewsSadoldgit

Covid Figures Exaggerated on 17:19 - Jul 24 by grumpy

'Someone who wants us to remain in a group of 27 nations and not be able to make our own friendships with the other 168 countries is what?'

So are you saying that these 27 nations are not friends with the rest of the world?
As far as trading is concerned they have a much stronger position to do so together than we would on our own..

Not only humiliating, but where does that leave the “take back control” claim if we are “owned” by the US?
Covid Figures Exaggerated on 21:55 - Jul 24 with 1527 viewskernow

Another silly, irrelevant question.
When are you going to realize that you lost?
Deal with it!
Login to get fewer ads

Covid Figures Exaggerated on 22:00 - Jul 24 with 1523 viewskernow

No sign of Doris for a while.
Maybe he has got an actual life after all.
Or maybe he' s just been bored off?
Covid Figures Exaggerated on 22:18 - Jul 24 with 1514 viewsSadoldgit

Covid Figures Exaggerated on 21:55 - Jul 24 by kernow

Another silly, irrelevant question.
When are you going to realize that you lost?
Deal with it!

Seriously?
Covid Figures Exaggerated on 22:20 - Jul 24 with 1511 viewsSadoldgit

Back to the thread subject again. Johnson made himself look absolutely clueless on News At Ten tonight.
Covid Figures Exaggerated on 22:20 - Jul 24 with 1512 viewskernow

What do you think?
Covid Figures Exaggerated on 09:43 - Jul 25 with 1434 viewsChesham_Saint

Covid Figures Exaggerated on 22:20 - Jul 24 by kernow

What do you think?

I’m beginning to think Soggs is a retired school teacher who must have taught all of his pupils by rote.

Soggs - do you wear a tweed jacket with leather patches when you go out to fight with Boris in this virtual playground?
[Post edited 25 Jul 2020 12:09]

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Covid Figures Exaggerated on 10:45 - Jul 25 with 1417 viewsSadoldgit

Covid Figures Exaggerated on 09:43 - Jul 25 by Chesham_Saint

I’m beginning to think Soggs is a retired school teacher who must have taught all of his pupils by rote.

Soggs - do you wear a tweed jacket with leather patches when you go out to fight with Boris in this virtual playground?
[Post edited 25 Jul 2020 12:09]

I do like a bit of tweed finished off with leather arm patches but sadly have nothing like that hanging in my wardrobe at the moment. I did have a Barbour once and Hunter wellies. Now I just wear cheap imitations thanks to the austerity years 😉
Covid Figures Exaggerated on 13:29 - Jul 25 with 1377 viewsBoris_

Covid Figures Exaggerated on 22:00 - Jul 24 by kernow

No sign of Doris for a while.
Maybe he has got an actual life after all.
Or maybe he' s just been bored off?

Friday night mush. If you want to spend it waiting for me to reply then good luck to you. I was down the pub with mates last night as any normal person should be and on the golf course this morning.

Covid Figures Exaggerated on 13:33 - Jul 25 with 1376 viewsBoris_

Covid Figures Exaggerated on 17:19 - Jul 24 by grumpy

Are we able to make our own trade agreements with the other 168 countries whilst being in the EU then? For example could we negotiate the CANZUK / Five Eyes agreements in to an economic one with Freedom of Movement?

Covid Figures Exaggerated on 14:21 - Jul 25 with 1360 viewsBison

Covid Figures Exaggerated on 10:45 - Jul 25 by Sadoldgit

I do like a bit of tweed finished off with leather arm patches but sadly have nothing like that hanging in my wardrobe at the moment. I did have a Barbour once and Hunter wellies. Now I just wear cheap imitations thanks to the austerity years 😉

Look on the bright side you will have a pension loads better than any of us in the private sector. My dad worked for MOD and since he’s been retired he’s never been better off.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Covid Figures Exaggerated on 16:36 - Jul 25 with 1324 viewsgrumpy

Covid Figures Exaggerated on 13:33 - Jul 25 by Boris_

Are we able to make our own trade agreements with the other 168 countries whilst being in the EU then? For example could we negotiate the CANZUK / Five Eyes agreements in to an economic one with Freedom of Movement?

Quote from former Australian prime minister Kevin Rudd

'much as any Austrian,Canadian and New Zealand governments of whichever persuasion would do whatever they could to frame new free trade agreements with the UK,the bottom line is that 65 million of us do not come within a bulls roar of Britain's adjacent market of 450 million Europeans'
Covid Figures Exaggerated on 17:01 - Jul 25 with 1312 viewskernow

Covid Figures Exaggerated on 13:29 - Jul 25 by Boris_

Friday night mush. If you want to spend it waiting for me to reply then good luck to you. I was down the pub with mates last night as any normal person should be and on the golf course this morning.

Covid Figures Exaggerated on 09:07 - Jul 26 with 1223 viewsBoris_

Covid Figures Exaggerated on 16:36 - Jul 25 by grumpy

Quote from former Australian prime minister Kevin Rudd

'much as any Austrian,Canadian and New Zealand governments of whichever persuasion would do whatever they could to frame new free trade agreements with the UK,the bottom line is that 65 million of us do not come within a bulls roar of Britain's adjacent market of 450 million Europeans'

Not sure that is a direct quote from the former Australian Prime Minister, unless he forget what country he was governing.

Covid Figures Exaggerated on 09:23 - Jul 26 with 1208 viewsgrumpy

Covid Figures Exaggerated on 09:07 - Jul 26 by Boris_

Not sure that is a direct quote from the former Australian Prime Minister, unless he forget what country he was governing.

The population of New Zealand,Australia and Canada is a little over 65 million so I suspect he was taking about them.
Covid Figures Exaggerated on 18:09 - Jul 27 with 1108 viewsSadoldgit

Did the Tesco run today, my first trip since wearing a face covering was mandatory. Most of the staff weren’t wearing masks but then they don’t have to (which seems to defeat the object of everyone else wearing one, but hey ho) and 5 customers were not wearing masks. No one from the store spoke to them about it from what I could see. That’s £500 right there, what a missed opportunity to claw back some furlough money! 😂 on a serious note, if they aren’t going to bother to enforce it, why say there is a £100 fine in the first place?
Covid Figures Exaggerated on 09:17 - Jul 28 with 1038 viewsBoris_

Covid Figures Exaggerated on 18:09 - Jul 27 by Sadoldgit

Did the Tesco run today, my first trip since wearing a face covering was mandatory. Most of the staff weren’t wearing masks but then they don’t have to (which seems to defeat the object of everyone else wearing one, but hey ho) and 5 customers were not wearing masks. No one from the store spoke to them about it from what I could see. That’s £500 right there, what a missed opportunity to claw back some furlough money! 😂 on a serious note, if they aren’t going to bother to enforce it, why say there is a £100 fine in the first place?

Policing by consent you hysterical old tart which is the only way that is feasible. Why do you need to be spoon-fed every little bit of information through this pandemic, you big baby? Do you not have a mind of your own?

Covid Figures Exaggerated on 12:54 - Jul 28 with 1005 viewsSadoldgit

Covid Figures Exaggerated on 09:17 - Jul 28 by Boris_

Policing by consent you hysterical old tart which is the only way that is feasible. Why do you need to be spoon-fed every little bit of information through this pandemic, you big baby? Do you not have a mind of your own?

Try engaging your brain if you want to engage with the grown ups. Why are the government saying that people will be fined £100 if they don’t wear a mask if they aren’t worried about enforcing it? Not very bright is it? You either bring in measures to make sure something happens and enforce those measures to ensure it happens or you don’t. More wishy washy government from the people in power put there by people like you who are just interested in themselves.
Covid Figures Exaggerated on 12:57 - Jul 28 with 1000 viewsBoris_

Covid Figures Exaggerated on 12:54 - Jul 28 by Sadoldgit

Try engaging your brain if you want to engage with the grown ups. Why are the government saying that people will be fined £100 if they don’t wear a mask if they aren’t worried about enforcing it? Not very bright is it? You either bring in measures to make sure something happens and enforce those measures to ensure it happens or you don’t. More wishy washy government from the people in power put there by people like you who are just interested in themselves.

You don't understand the concept of policing by consent, do you?

You're a bit thick, aren't you? How can you possibly be an old age pensioner and have the wisdom and common sense of a 12 year old?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024