Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
iFollow 02:54 - Aug 12 with 2817 viewsBazzanne

Unfortunately I have had to cancel my season pass because of the price hike. It has gone from $180 to $257. As a pensioner I decided watching matches at 1 30 am for most of the season plus the added cost was just too much. Why don't they have an installment option. I love the Dale and have for over 70 years, I will miss it.
iFollow on 03:14 - Aug 12 with 2799 viewsjacko_dale

Just checked the email myself. A 30 quid increase if you're paying in GBP. I will probably suck it up (11pm kick offs in China) but would be nice to see some justification for this.
iFollow on 11:03 - Aug 12 with 2529 viewsDalenet

Those increases are a little less than the post tax change to a season ticket price. We are all in this together and need to share the pain. Of course we all have a choice.
iFollow on 12:55 - Aug 12 with 2393 viewsboromat

If you can't make them all you can also pay per game.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2020 14:23]

Poll: What are we more excited for?

iFollow on 13:54 - Aug 12 with 2326 viewsdalenumber2

I subscribe about £3 a month to listen to commentary. Is this the same thing, am I going to be paying more? Not sure if my direct debit has been taken out during lockdown, will have to check.
iFollow on 16:35 - Aug 12 with 2221 viewsD_Alien

Since i'm thinking of purchasing a Dale Family card, which includes access to iFollow at a preferential rate in the event of being unable to attend matches, could anyone advise on what you actually get for this service?

I've seen plenty of posts about it made during matches, mainly away games where i've been following the game via the messageboard. Is there, for instance, a difference between following an away game and a home game, in terms of content, commentary etc.?

Any insights appreciated, thanks
[Post edited 12 Aug 2020 16:36]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

iFollow on 16:40 - Aug 12 with 2210 viewsTVOS1907

iFollow on 16:35 - Aug 12 by D_Alien

Since i'm thinking of purchasing a Dale Family card, which includes access to iFollow at a preferential rate in the event of being unable to attend matches, could anyone advise on what you actually get for this service?

I've seen plenty of posts about it made during matches, mainly away games where i've been following the game via the messageboard. Is there, for instance, a difference between following an away game and a home game, in terms of content, commentary etc.?

It's only previously been available for away games in this country, I think, unless you've got some sort of dodgy equipment that will let you see home games as well. That will probably change while we're in the current predicament.

My advice is to make sure nobody at the ground texts you things that happen, as there is a time delay.

DYSporting take note!!!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

iFollow on 16:42 - Aug 12 with 2199 views442Dale

The commentary is the Dale commentators home and away and they are pretty much the same broadcast.

Not sure how feasible it is, but it’d be good to have some sort of post-match interview included within the broadcast - asking fans to stay logged on. It would definitely add value to the family car and interest in people who may buy individual games across the season.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

iFollow on 16:44 - Aug 12 with 2197 viewsStourdale

The main things you get on ifollow in the uk are match commentary for all league games and some cup games. Manager and player interviews. Youth team highlights.

If ifollow show a live game you still have to pay for this. I think this is an extra £10 per game.

It would be worth looking into as to whether you get the live games free with the family card or if these will still chargeable.
Login to get fewer ads

iFollow on 16:45 - Aug 12 with 2191 viewsSuddenLad

iFollow on 16:42 - Aug 12 by 442Dale

The commentary is the Dale commentators home and away and they are pretty much the same broadcast.

Not sure how feasible it is, but it’d be good to have some sort of post-match interview included within the broadcast - asking fans to stay logged on. It would definitely add value to the family car and interest in people who may buy individual games across the season.

Do we get a car for signing up?

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

iFollow on 16:46 - Aug 12 with 2185 viewsfunkkk

It's not very good to be honest, pretty poor camera work and commentary but better than nothing. I wouldn't pay more than a fiver for it.
iFollow on 16:47 - Aug 12 with 2183 views442Dale

iFollow on 16:45 - Aug 12 by SuddenLad

Do we get a car for signing up?

A free mug full of the finest patience would clinch the deal.

iFollow on 16:51 - Aug 12 with 2166 viewsD_Alien

iFollow on 16:44 - Aug 12 by Stourdale

The main things you get on ifollow in the uk are match commentary for all league games and some cup games. Manager and player interviews. Youth team highlights.

If ifollow show a live game you still have to pay for this. I think this is an extra £10 per game.

It would be worth looking into as to whether you get the live games free with the family card or if these will still chargeable.

I think that's what i was getting at - is it just commentary or visuals? If it's £10 for visuals i won't be buying unless it's a key fixture, and not really interested in just commentary, i'd rather follow via BBC website/this forum. In fact, if i were watching visuals i'd probably do so with the sound turned off!!!!

Cheers for all responses
[Post edited 12 Aug 2020 16:51]

iFollow on 17:00 - Aug 12 with 2142 views442Dale

iFollow on 16:51 - Aug 12 by D_Alien

I think that's what i was getting at - is it just commentary or visuals? If it's £10 for visuals i won't be buying unless it's a key fixture, and not really interested in just commentary, i'd rather follow via BBC website/this forum. In fact, if i were watching visuals i'd probably do so with the sound turned off!!!!

Cheers for all responses
[Post edited 12 Aug 2020 16:51]

It’s both. Have watched a few and it’s been perfectly decent coverage.

iFollow on 17:09 - Aug 12 with 2113 viewstony_roch975

iFollow on 13:54 - Aug 12 by dalenumber2

I subscribe about £3 a month to listen to commentary. Is this the same thing, am I going to be paying more? Not sure if my direct debit has been taken out during lockdown, will have to check.

I got auto renewal email today - staying @ £45 for season (commentary, interviews etc) & also had £12 refund last month

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

iFollow on 17:13 - Aug 12 with 2105 viewsfitzochris

I’ve used iFollow for three years now. I signed up for the UK service (Commentary only), but then use a VPN so I can get the live image feed too.

The away visuals are hit and miss depending on the stadium, but home games provide a decent enough view. The home commentary can be a bit partisan too, rather than analytical (think that rugby league example posted on here recently - plenty of exasperated shouts of “oh come on referee”).

If you can stick that, it’s worth getting, as you get to see all league games bar those who don’t subscribe to iFollow (Accrington Stanley being one).

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

iFollow on 17:35 - Aug 12 with 2054 viewsD_Alien

iFollow on 17:13 - Aug 12 by fitzochris

I’ve used iFollow for three years now. I signed up for the UK service (Commentary only), but then use a VPN so I can get the live image feed too.

The away visuals are hit and miss depending on the stadium, but home games provide a decent enough view. The home commentary can be a bit partisan too, rather than analytical (think that rugby league example posted on here recently - plenty of exasperated shouts of “oh come on referee”).

If you can stick that, it’s worth getting, as you get to see all league games bar those who don’t subscribe to iFollow (Accrington Stanley being one).

Ah, thanks

"Stick that" would definitely be an option

iFollow on 19:04 - Aug 12 with 1959 viewsdalenumber2

iFollow on 17:09 - Aug 12 by tony_roch975

I got auto renewal email today - staying @ £45 for season (commentary, interviews etc) & also had £12 refund last month

Thanks. I’m too lazy to find out for myself! 😂
iFollow on 10:43 - Aug 13 with 1744 viewsPeaky

iFollow on 19:04 - Aug 12 by dalenumber2

Thanks. I’m too lazy to find out for myself! 😂

Sadly another lost customer here. I have had a season pass for 3 years but an increase of $80 is too much for me under the current climate. Games are well into the early mornings here and midweek games I can never watch. Will be going pay per view on the odd game which is a real shame as I would have kept it going if it was reasonably priced as I know the club benefits.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024