Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How many more have they got??! 08:11 - Aug 13 with 4308 viewssaint22

Now you can add Gavin Williamson to the list of endless incompetent fools the clown has in his cabinet
Ruining our education system single handedly and our kids futures
Beggars belief
How many more have they got??! on 08:02 - Aug 14 with 780 viewskingslandstand1

How many more have they got??! on 00:15 - Aug 14 by Bison

Sorry answering my own post but we should invest 49 trillion into mental health for kids that have never lost a football game or came first when actually 8th at school sports day.

Why can't I get a job daddy ? I got straight A's at school , well..... after you sued the school for discimination because I was on holiday in school term and I missed the exam because Nike had released new trainers.

I would of tried harder in my Mocks but there was a new version of fortnite so I needed to learn the new dance..

I blame the government .

I'm sure even the weather will be blamed on the government by certain people on here!
How many more have they got??! on 08:14 - Aug 14 with 768 viewsHeisenberg

How many more have they got??! on 12:40 - Aug 13 by DorsetIan

You’ve given yourself away a bit there, Jay.

Just our resident racist spewing his usual ill informed ignorant bile. Bring back Dune. At least he was amusing at times.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

How many more have they got??! on 08:40 - Aug 14 with 755 viewsSadoldgit

How many more have they got??! on 08:02 - Aug 14 by kingslandstand1

I'm sure even the weather will be blamed on the government by certain people on here!

We were having this conversation last night in the pub garden. The general consensus was that the present cabinet are making a pigs ear of everything but that no one seems bothered. Ok, there are rumblings on social media here and there and there are a few petitions doing the rounds, but so far what is shaping up to be the most inept cabinet in living history is getting away with it scot free.
How many more have they got??! on 09:27 - Aug 14 with 730 viewsChesham_Saint

How many more have they got??! on 08:40 - Aug 14 by Sadoldgit

We were having this conversation last night in the pub garden. The general consensus was that the present cabinet are making a pigs ear of everything but that no one seems bothered. Ok, there are rumblings on social media here and there and there are a few petitions doing the rounds, but so far what is shaping up to be the most inept cabinet in living history is getting away with it scot free.

“In living history”? You weren’t around in 1979 then Soggsy?

I believe I’ve warned you before about excessive use of hyperbole..!?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

How many more have they got??! on 09:41 - Aug 14 with 715 viewsBoris_

How many more have they got??! on 08:40 - Aug 14 by Sadoldgit

All of your mates are as wet as you then?

Poll: Claude Puel

How many more have they got??! on 09:42 - Aug 14 with 715 viewssolent_toffee

How many more have they got??! on 20:51 - Aug 13 by saint22

It’s indicative of this governments failings that’s what the issue is
He was sacked as defence secretary and then, what, he will do a good job for education?!
It’s not just the exam debacle it’s the whole school/ Covid situation, leaving our pupils floundering with no set education yet rushing everyone back to the pub
It’s just another example of how useless Boris and his cronies are yet so many thought they were the answer and now our kids pay the price

I’m not particularly knowledgeable about politics but isn’t that where the problem lies, having ministers overseeing departments where they have no knowledge. Williamson hasn’t any experience of working in education or defence and yet there is a Tory MP who was a high ranking officer.

Likewise the likes of Chris Grayling lurches from one department to the next, leaving a mess behind each one, with no knowledge or expertise in that field.

This happens when Labour are in power too. And I appreciate that there are civil servants in place as a consistence but parties come in and use education, housing, welfare, immigration, criminal justice etc, make big brash changes to make their mark and often make a complete hash of it and then take a sideways move.
How many more have they got??! on 09:47 - Aug 14 with 708 viewsChesham_Saint

How many more have they got??! on 09:42 - Aug 14 by solent_toffee

I’m not particularly knowledgeable about politics but isn’t that where the problem lies, having ministers overseeing departments where they have no knowledge. Williamson hasn’t any experience of working in education or defence and yet there is a Tory MP who was a high ranking officer.

Likewise the likes of Chris Grayling lurches from one department to the next, leaving a mess behind each one, with no knowledge or expertise in that field.

This happens when Labour are in power too. And I appreciate that there are civil servants in place as a consistence but parties come in and use education, housing, welfare, immigration, criminal justice etc, make big brash changes to make their mark and often make a complete hash of it and then take a sideways move.

I guess that’s why Angela Rayner would have been a perfect Education Secretary what with her having, what, one GCSE? To be fair though, Grayling is really quite useless.

How many more have they got??! on 10:07 - Aug 14 with 692 views1885_SFC

How many more have they got??! on 09:42 - Aug 14 by solent_toffee

I've been saying for donkeys years Toffs that politics in this country is broken - mainly because of incompetence from ministers who haven't got a clue about the real world outside of their own wealthy, privileged backgrounds. And it doesn't matter, like you say, which side of the political divide you sit on.

The Defence Minister should be ex-Forces. The Health Minister should be an ex-GP/doctor/senior nurse. Transport should be run by someone with a background in transport, and so on. People who know what the fook they're on about instead of reading-up about the department they've been given & not having a clue - just because they're (apparently) 'smart & intelligent".

Old School is Cool

Login to get fewer ads

How many more have they got??! on 10:33 - Aug 14 with 675 viewsDorsetIan

How many more have they got??! on 10:07 - Aug 14 by 1885_SFC

I've been saying for donkeys years Toffs that politics in this country is broken - mainly because of incompetence from ministers who haven't got a clue about the real world outside of their own wealthy, privileged backgrounds. And it doesn't matter, like you say, which side of the political divide you sit on.

The Defence Minister should be ex-Forces. The Health Minister should be an ex-GP/doctor/senior nurse. Transport should be run by someone with a background in transport, and so on. People who know what the fook they're on about instead of reading-up about the department they've been given & not having a clue - just because they're (apparently) 'smart & intelligent".

Unfortunately, as SOG said above, noone really seems that bothered that we've got inadequates in charge at so many levels. We can blame the politicians all day long but at the end of the day 'we' voted for them.

Listening to some of the A level stories on the radio this morning, it's the way in which individual lives have been screwed up by a computer program that gets me. And I thought the essence of conservatism was all about individual hard work, responsibility and reward. And I wouldn't mind so much if they had a 'world leading' appeals process in place so that glaring anomalies could be corrected quickly - but they haven't.

What's Williamson been doing for the last how many months? Useless tw@t.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

How many more have they got??! on 10:47 - Aug 14 with 665 viewsChesham_Saint

How many more have they got??! on 10:33 - Aug 14 by DorsetIan

Unfortunately, as SOG said above, noone really seems that bothered that we've got inadequates in charge at so many levels. We can blame the politicians all day long but at the end of the day 'we' voted for them.

Listening to some of the A level stories on the radio this morning, it's the way in which individual lives have been screwed up by a computer program that gets me. And I thought the essence of conservatism was all about individual hard work, responsibility and reward. And I wouldn't mind so much if they had a 'world leading' appeals process in place so that glaring anomalies could be corrected quickly - but they haven't.

Ian - are you and Soggsy related? The word ‘simpatico’ was made for you!

How many more have they got??! on 11:02 - Aug 14 with 650 viewsDorsetIan

How many more have they got??! on 10:47 - Aug 14 by Chesham_Saint

Only in spirit, Chesh.

How many more have they got??! on 11:09 - Aug 14 with 642 viewsSadoldgit

How many more have they got??! on 10:47 - Aug 14 by Chesham_Saint

This comment says it all. I can only imagine that people who voted this shower in are still in denial, despite the fact that many Tory supporting newspapers are saying plainly what the rest of us can see.

If you were working for a company whose senior managers were performing as badly on a daily basis, I am sure you would be unhappy and fearful for the future. There is no difference.

At what point does the penny finally drop?
How many more have they got??! on 11:29 - Aug 14 with 632 viewsBison

How many more have they got??! on 11:09 - Aug 14 by Sadoldgit

This comment says it all. I can only imagine that people who voted this shower in are still in denial, despite the fact that many Tory supporting newspapers are saying plainly what the rest of us can see.

If you were working for a company whose senior managers were performing as badly on a daily basis, I am sure you would be unhappy and fearful for the future. There is no difference.

At what point does the penny finally drop?

Did you vote for Jezzer ?

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

How many more have they got??! on 11:51 - Aug 14 with 614 viewsJaySaint

How many more have they got??! on 12:40 - Aug 13 by DorsetIan

You’ve given yourself away a bit there, Jay.

and it begins

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

How many more have they got??! on 11:59 - Aug 14 with 597 viewsSadoldgit

How many more have they got??! on 11:29 - Aug 14 by Bison

Did you vote for Jezzer ?

For only the second time in my life yes, I voted Labour. The first time was in the previous election.
How many more have they got??! on 12:01 - Aug 14 with 600 viewsDorsetIan

How many more have they got??! on 11:51 - Aug 14 by JaySaint

and it begins

Don't post about BAME stuff that hasn't even happened yet, if you don't want people to draw conclusions about you.

How many more have they got??! on 12:08 - Aug 14 with 587 viewsBazza

How many more have they got??! on 10:33 - Aug 14 by DorsetIan

You and Soggy should calm down, you may have heart problems. You seem always intent on blaming the government 100%, do you not think the head teachers, educational advisors and civil servants contributed to the decisions taken? Starmer has become a moaning minny without any ideas to fix the perceived issues. Doubt academic genius Corbyn with his two E grades would be any better.

It's clear that some schools submitted grossly inflated assessed grades, way beyond normally achieved levels, sadly this happens every year. Blinded by your political bias you've chosen to ignore that. Instead you accept media individual tales of woe from a tiny number of students selected to support a particular viewpoint, really?.
How many more have they got??! on 12:15 - Aug 14 with 578 viewsSadoldgit

How many more have they got??! on 12:08 - Aug 14 by Bazza

You and Soggy should calm down, you may have heart problems. You seem always intent on blaming the government 100%, do you not think the head teachers, educational advisors and civil servants contributed to the decisions taken? Starmer has become a moaning minny without any ideas to fix the perceived issues. Doubt academic genius Corbyn with his two E grades would be any better.

It's clear that some schools submitted grossly inflated assessed grades, way beyond normally achieved levels, sadly this happens every year. Blinded by your political bias you've chosen to ignore that. Instead you accept media individual tales of woe from a tiny number of students selected to support a particular viewpoint, really?.

It really doesn’t matter what Corbyn’s government would or wouldn’t have done as we will never know. If I were a Tory supporter I would worry that hard line right wing media outlets are turning on this government frequently. Instead of blindly supporting everything they do, perhaps you should ask yourself why that is?
How many more have they got??! on 12:23 - Aug 14 with 572 viewsDorsetIan

How many more have they got??! on 12:08 - Aug 14 by Bazza

You clearly haven't been following this story very carefully.

Students with excellent track records and with predicted grades that aren't over inflated have had their grades downgraded because the school they went to had lower grades in the past. Even one such student is a problem but it seems that there are hundreds if not thousands in this position (but not too many in the private sector).

We can take different views on who's to blame but if you can't see that that's a completely sh!t way to treat those students affected, then there's not much anyone can say to you, is there.

Being a decent country is all about treating people fairly and not expecting them to put up with arbitrary decisions about their lives.

How many more have they got??! on 12:24 - Aug 14 with 568 viewsJaySaint

How many more have they got??! on 12:23 - Aug 14 by DorsetIan

You clearly haven't been following this story very carefully.

Students with excellent track records and with predicted grades that aren't over inflated have had their grades downgraded because the school they went to had lower grades in the past. Even one such student is a problem but it seems that there are hundreds if not thousands in this position (but not too many in the private sector).

We can take different views on who's to blame but if you can't see that that's a completely sh!t way to treat those students affected, then there's not much anyone can say to you, is there.

Being a decent country is all about treating people fairly and not expecting them to put up with arbitrary decisions about their lives.

probably be easier if schools remained open. Given the dangers to the under 19s is almost non-existent.

still, im sure the unions will ensure all teachers are go-to-go in a few weeks time

How many more have they got??! on 12:31 - Aug 14 with 562 viewsDorsetIan

How many more have they got??! on 12:24 - Aug 14 by JaySaint

probably be easier if schools remained open. Given the dangers to the under 19s is almost non-existent.

still, im sure the unions will ensure all teachers are go-to-go in a few weeks time

different issue

should have been possible to have a system which did not throw up so many unfair anomalies

or, failing that, a system with an appeals system already in place

the lack of an already working appeals system means that even if things are corrected, students will have missed their university places or start dates

How many more have they got??! on 12:37 - Aug 14 with 558 viewsBoris_

How many more have they got??! on 12:31 - Aug 14 by DorsetIan

different issue

should have been possible to have a system which did not throw up so many unfair anomalies

or, failing that, a system with an appeals system already in place

the lack of an already working appeals system means that even if things are corrected, students will have missed their university places or start dates

Is this all the governments fault or do teachers and their regulators need to take some of the blame?

How many more have they got??! on 12:41 - Aug 14 with 553 viewsJaySaint

How many more have they got??! on 12:37 - Aug 14 by Boris_

Is this all the governments fault or do teachers and their regulators need to take some of the blame?

unions backed the system used too

How many more have they got??! on 12:43 - Aug 14 with 548 viewsBoris_

How many more have they got??! on 12:41 - Aug 14 by JaySaint

unions backed the system used too

Soppy is running back to his iPad as we speak to defend teachers and unions and put all of the blame on Boris.

How many more have they got??! on 12:45 - Aug 14 with 545 viewsJaySaint

How many more have they got??! on 12:43 - Aug 14 by Boris_

Soppy is running back to his iPad as we speak to defend teachers and unions and put all of the blame on Boris.

amazed what people expected to happen when you shut down the economy and the education system!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024