Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rangers and Celtic in the Premier League 13:47 - Aug 28 with 1505 viewsJaySaint

It will never happen but how do you think they are get on if it did?

I have seen loads of posts on social media, mainly from fans of the two clubs, claiming that because they are huge clubs (and they are), they would easily be top 6 in short order should they be transferred to the premier league...albeit, seems to be Celtic fans screaming this the most...maybe because of their embarrassing CL exit the other night.

I just do not buy it. Being a big clubs does not guarantee anything what so ever. Bug clubs have gone down to league 1 and stay there (sunderland...)
so not having it that because of their 'history' and stature, they would literally fast-track themselves into the EPL top 6.....let alone, what 2 clubs they would replace?
[Post edited 28 Aug 2020 13:48]

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Rangers and Celtic in the Premier League on 13:55 - Aug 28 with 1491 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

The extra TV revenue and sponsorship, coupled with a MASSIVE support base means after a couple of seasons they'd definitely be up there. With current squads and budgets, they'd be bumbling around in the Championship. But given the extra income they'll be up there, I'm sure.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Rangers and Celtic in the Premier League on 14:44 - Aug 28 with 1447 viewsWints76

Rangers and Celtic in the Premier League on 13:55 - Aug 28 by Gennaro_Contaldo

The extra TV revenue and sponsorship, coupled with a MASSIVE support base means after a couple of seasons they'd definitely be up there. With current squads and budgets, they'd be bumbling around in the Championship. But given the extra income they'll be up there, I'm sure.

Yep, this. Initial reaction is that they are no way good enough, but they are both huge clubs and once the money kicked in, they would be be able to attract the top players and would be up there. They'd have to lose all the religious nonsense pretty quickly though
Rangers and Celtic in the Premier League on 14:48 - Aug 28 with 1439 viewsDellHero

Rangers and Celtic in the Premier League on 14:44 - Aug 28 by Wints76

Yep, this. Initial reaction is that they are no way good enough, but they are both huge clubs and once the money kicked in, they would be be able to attract the top players and would be up there. They'd have to lose all the religious nonsense pretty quickly though

What about travel to away games (assuming we’re ever allowed in again)?

Won’t matter for all the plastics. All those who claim they support them because their dad was from whichever jock sh1thole...
Rangers and Celtic in the Premier League on 15:18 - Aug 28 with 1420 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Rangers and Celtic in the Premier League on 14:44 - Aug 28 by Wints76

The old bill would "love" Rangers and Celtic in the Premier League ... would be carnage around the country, especially now we've added Leeds to the top flight again.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Rangers and Celtic in the Premier League on 15:23 - Aug 28 with 1408 views1teeminants

Considering Celtic have been knocked out by a load of pub teams over the years in the champions league I can’t see them being higher than a mid table prem team at best .

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Rangers and Celtic in the Premier League on 18:17 - Aug 28 with 1343 views1ASIN12

Whilst I agree with thier teams at the moment they would Struggle , both would have the finance and the pulling power to attract better players eventually.

You would have 8 clubs (fans) thinking they should be in it and chasing 4 champions league spots which the like of SKY would love
Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United, Tottenham than Celtic and Rangers.

Pesonally I would hate it and I cant see the English Clubs voting for it.

As clubs finacially both Celtic and Rangers may just be happy to be in the premier league and the money that comes with it - im not sure the fans of those clubs would think the same.
Rangers and Celtic in the Premier League on 19:34 - Aug 28 with 1312 viewskernow

Rangers and Celtic in the Premier League on 18:17 - Aug 28 by 1ASIN12

Whilst I agree with thier teams at the moment they would Struggle , both would have the finance and the pulling power to attract better players eventually.

You would have 8 clubs (fans) thinking they should be in it and chasing 4 champions league spots which the like of SKY would love
Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United, Tottenham than Celtic and Rangers.

Pesonally I would hate it and I cant see the English Clubs voting for it.

As clubs finacially both Celtic and Rangers may just be happy to be in the premier league and the money that comes with it - im not sure the fans of those clubs would think the same.

Remember seeing thousands of blue noses in Southampton city centre on a Tuesday afternoon, down for a Cup game, forget which trophy.
Fanatical supporters as I discovered when being surrounded by thousands of them on the Archers Road terrace. Some were ok but most were not very pleasant at all.
They lost to 2nd division Saints. They weren't happy.
Rangers and Celtic in the Premier League on 19:40 - Aug 28 with 1301 views1ASIN12

Rangers and Celtic in the Premier League on 19:34 - Aug 28 by kernow

Remember seeing thousands of blue noses in Southampton city centre on a Tuesday afternoon, down for a Cup game, forget which trophy.
Fanatical supporters as I discovered when being surrounded by thousands of them on the Archers Road terrace. Some were ok but most were not very pleasant at all.
They lost to 2nd division Saints. They weren't happy.

Yeah early 80's i think. I remeber being in my dads car in town and seeing thousands of the fvckers milling about waiting for the pubs to open.

Actually it couldnt hve been in the 80's as we were a division 1 club then
[Post edited 28 Aug 2020 19:41]
Login to get fewer ads

Rangers and Celtic in the Premier League on 21:59 - Aug 28 with 1249 viewskernow

Rangers and Celtic in the Premier League on 19:40 - Aug 28 by 1ASIN12

Yeah early 80's i think. I remeber being in my dads car in town and seeing thousands of the fvckers milling about waiting for the pubs to open.

Actually it couldnt hve been in the 80's as we were a division 1 club then
[Post edited 28 Aug 2020 19:41]

Texaco Cup 1974.
Another final defeat.
Rangers and Celtic in the Premier League on 00:35 - Aug 29 with 1214 viewsChesham_Saint

I was at that Texaco Cup match and, yes there were loads of them.

Around about the same time the skates took on Celtic at the ‘Old Girl’. Apparently the blue few were so strapped for cash, their then manager IaIn St John rang up his old pal, Jock Stein begging them to come down to generate some dosh. Fair play to Celtic in that their hordes duly turned up. But the thought of those two teams makes me feel physically sick.

As for Rangers and Celtic playing in the Premier League what a preposterous notion, besides half of the Sweaties want “independence” so why the fvck would we want them tainting our leagues?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Rangers and Celtic in the Premier League on 10:35 - Aug 29 with 1138 viewsthissceptredsaint

Rangers remind me of Portsmouth. Not just the shirts, the financial management and the knuckledragging fans. Given their financial culture they wouldn't last.

I watched the Celtic game earlier this week. There was an arrogance to the way Lennon approached the game which was duly punished. The management was reactive as well.
Celtic clearly have good enough players, we buy enough of them.

Worryingly according to some outlets one of the worst if not the worst on the pitch in that game, the Norwegian defender, is one we are looking to buy. I hope not. Another mooted purchase....NtCham? He was ok, did some iffy things and some good stuff as well. Not world beating but could improve. The player we should be looking at from Celtic is the young English lad Frimpong. Not just for the comedy name. He came on for 15 minutes and was their best player by a mile. He won't stay there long. I hear he is highly rated up there and I can see why
Rangers and Celtic in the Premier League on 10:59 - Aug 29 with 1125 viewsChesham_Saint

Rangers and Celtic in the Premier League on 10:35 - Aug 29 by thissceptredsaint

Rangers remind me of Portsmouth. Not just the shirts, the financial management and the knuckledragging fans. Given their financial culture they wouldn't last.

I watched the Celtic game earlier this week. There was an arrogance to the way Lennon approached the game which was duly punished. The management was reactive as well.
Celtic clearly have good enough players, we buy enough of them.

Worryingly according to some outlets one of the worst if not the worst on the pitch in that game, the Norwegian defender, is one we are looking to buy. I hope not. Another mooted purchase....NtCham? He was ok, did some iffy things and some good stuff as well. Not world beating but could improve. The player we should be looking at from Celtic is the young English lad Frimpong. Not just for the comedy name. He came on for 15 minutes and was their best player by a mile. He won't stay there long. I hear he is highly rated up there and I can see why

As far as I can see Celtic fans are just as bad, if not far worse. Have you heard of their ‘Green Brigade’?

Rangers and Celtic in the Premier League on 11:01 - Aug 29 with 1127 viewsSadoldgit

Why should it make any difference just because they are ‘big clubs’. It is the way of the world and they will just have to live with it. English clubs have to earn the right to play in the Premier league. As said earlier, there are plenty of big clubs here stuck in lower divisions. I’m sure it would be better financially and competition wise for PSG to play in Germany but they have to rely on the Champions league for their step up too. They will just have to live with it until such time as there is a proper super league.
Rangers and Celtic in the Premier League on 11:04 - Aug 29 with 1122 viewsthissceptredsaint

Yes, they are no angels but they are not as bad. They tend to behave themselves a bit better when away.
Rangers and Celtic in the Premier League on 11:23 - Aug 29 with 1079 viewsChesham_Saint

Rangers and Celtic in the Premier League on 11:04 - Aug 29 by thissceptredsaint

Yes, they are no angels but they are not as bad. They tend to behave themselves a bit better when away.

I have no sympathy for anyone who supports the IRA. I always think of that poor lad out to buy his Spurs kit in Warrington...

Rangers and Celtic in the Premier League on 20:26 - Aug 29 with 1013 viewsthissceptredsaint

If you are going to bring politics into this thread then you must also condemn the murders by loyalist forces often in collusion with the British state. I know the parents of the Warrington bombing victim really find the using of their tragedy to score points highly offensive. I don't think the majority of Celtic supporters support IRA violence. The Rangers fans sing about being 'up to their knees in Fenian blood.

I made a remark about the Celtic support given their reputation and praise from groups around Europe. I remember a few years ago a full on riot in Manchester from Rangers fans urinating in the streets and battering innocent bystanders.
Rangers and Celtic in the Premier League on 09:35 - Aug 30 with 943 viewsChesham_Saint

Rangers and Celtic in the Premier League on 20:26 - Aug 29 by thissceptredsaint

If you are going to bring politics into this thread then you must also condemn the murders by loyalist forces often in collusion with the British state. I know the parents of the Warrington bombing victim really find the using of their tragedy to score points highly offensive. I don't think the majority of Celtic supporters support IRA violence. The Rangers fans sing about being 'up to their knees in Fenian blood.

I made a remark about the Celtic support given their reputation and praise from groups around Europe. I remember a few years ago a full on riot in Manchester from Rangers fans urinating in the streets and battering innocent bystanders.

You’ve been in a town when Celtic fans rock up in force then have you? Both sets of fans are unpleasant to say the least and make Leeds look like angels.

They can stay in Scotland which is after all a fantastic country in its own right, is it not?

Rangers and Celtic in the Premier League on 09:46 - Aug 30 with 936 viewssolent_toffee

Rangers and Celtic in the Premier League on 11:23 - Aug 29 by Chesham_Saint

I have no sympathy for anyone who supports the IRA. I always think of that poor lad out to buy his Spurs kit in Warrington...

He was a young Evertonian, Tim Parry. I used to work with him mum Wendy, a lovely women who with her husband did a lot of work for the peace process in Ireland.

I’ve been to a number of Celtic games as I have friends who are big fans. I wouldn’t have them or Rangers anywhere near the premier league with their archaic views. There are loads of reasons for not having them in the league not least the fact we have loads of big clubs who aren’t in the league now, Forest, Derby, Sunderland, them and their baggage are just not needed.
Rangers and Celtic in the Premier League on 09:49 - Aug 30 with 935 viewskernow

Celtic had some cuties in amongst their hordes tbf.
Got chatting with a couple in the Alfred.
Funny thing happened with the barman being unable to keep up and jacking on the spot.
Hundreds of punters needing serving and no-one to attend to them.
What happened next was inevitable.
Rangers and Celtic in the Premier League on 09:50 - Aug 30 with 934 viewsSaintNick

Rangers and Celtic in the Premier League on 09:35 - Aug 30 by Chesham_Saint

You’ve been in a town when Celtic fans rock up in force then have you? Both sets of fans are unpleasant to say the least and make Leeds look like angels.

They can stay in Scotland which is after all a fantastic country in its own right, is it not?

Most have got it right, both have the infrastructure to succeed if they got the Premier League millions, but that is still no guarantee.

But the reality is this UEFA & FIFA would never allow it to happen as Scotland is a seperate Country with it's own FA etc, Cardiff Swansea and Newport got in to the League a century ago before UEFA etc and so keep their rights to play in England, but there will be no such right for Rangers & Celtic.

So it is not going to happen, it would set to much of a precedent, you would have other sides on the continent demanding to do the same.

Rangers & Celtic's best hopes lie in a European super league where they could have the chance to qualify.

Lets be honest it is a tin pot competition ruined by their formation of a Premier League nearly 40 years ago, there is no competition in Scotland and I have to laugh when I see Celtic fans banging on about going for 10 consecutive titles, they have had zero competition for about 8 of the years so far.

Back in the 80's Scotland could put out an international team that qualified for all the world cups etc and had some of the best players in Europe with the lieks of Dalglish & Souness, now they have few such players.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Rangers and Celtic in the Premier League on 10:22 - Aug 30 with 916 viewsMytchettSaint

I’ve been to an old firm game at parkhead. It was quite eventful that’s for sure. I also have attended some of their (Celtic) pre season friendlies against qpr and spurs in the early 00’s. Have to say on both occasions they attended in massive numbers but were also the victims of random unprovoked attacks by home fans on both occasions.
They’ve no place in the premier league though with the religious baggage they bring.

Would have no such qualms about my Scottish team of choice - East Fife - being allowed over, except for when they payed Saints obviously.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Rangers and Celtic in the Premier League on 19:05 - Aug 30 with 851 viewsChesham_Saint

Rangers and Celtic in the Premier League on 09:50 - Aug 30 by SaintNick

Most have got it right, both have the infrastructure to succeed if they got the Premier League millions, but that is still no guarantee.

But the reality is this UEFA & FIFA would never allow it to happen as Scotland is a seperate Country with it's own FA etc, Cardiff Swansea and Newport got in to the League a century ago before UEFA etc and so keep their rights to play in England, but there will be no such right for Rangers & Celtic.

So it is not going to happen, it would set to much of a precedent, you would have other sides on the continent demanding to do the same.

Rangers & Celtic's best hopes lie in a European super league where they could have the chance to qualify.

Lets be honest it is a tin pot competition ruined by their formation of a Premier League nearly 40 years ago, there is no competition in Scotland and I have to laugh when I see Celtic fans banging on about going for 10 consecutive titles, they have had zero competition for about 8 of the years so far.

Back in the 80's Scotland could put out an international team that qualified for all the world cups etc and had some of the best players in Europe with the lieks of Dalglish & Souness, now they have few such players.

Fair points Nick. Every English team used to have 2 or 3 quality Scottish players . Much as I don’t like them, it’s a shame to see how shit they are now....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024