Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This season 07:15 - Aug 29 with 1583 viewsRipleys_revenge

Can’t deny I’m feeling pretty excited about this season! Feels a lot like the optimism we’d built
Up under pochettino.

I’m also wondering how djenepo will get on. Think he could be a real asset for us next season if we can keep him fit, he’s very much the forgotten man currently
This season on 15:30 - Aug 29 with 1465 viewskingslandstand1

Afraid I can't get too excited as no live games to look forward to, or "what away games shall we go to?" type thoughts

May feel different nearer the time
This season on 16:51 - Aug 29 with 1427 viewsSadoldgit

There is no reason why we can’t have a decent mid table finish. Looking forward to it, especially as we put 7 past Swansea today in the friendly.
This season on 17:13 - Aug 29 with 1411 viewsdirk_doone

This season on 16:51 - Aug 29 by Sadoldgit

There is no reason why we can’t have a decent mid table finish. Looking forward to it, especially as we put 7 past Swansea today in the friendly.

Hopefully, we do better than our 11th place last season. 6th-8th would represent good progress, and see us getting back to where we were just a few years ago.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

This season on 19:31 - Aug 29 with 1353 views1teeminants

We look pretty decent but I think we really need a strong defensive midfielder imo and maybe another central defender. Hopefully Salisu will be good too, I think a lot Of our progress will depend on how good he is as we all know how fragile our defence can be. The likes of Djenepo , Redmond Ings , Adams even Boufal to a point , excites me .

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

This season on 19:41 - Aug 29 with 1344 viewsWints76

I know I am a sobering Ying to others raging yan, but the main thing is to stay up. I say it every year, but it is what Bmouth fell foul of last season. We are maybe looking half decent, but we can't stand still. I am happy to finish anywhere above 18th, but go all out for a cup
This season on 20:22 - Aug 29 with 1319 viewsPatfromPoole

This season on 19:41 - Aug 29 by Wints76

I know I am a sobering Ying to others raging yan, but the main thing is to stay up. I say it every year, but it is what Bmouth fell foul of last season. We are maybe looking half decent, but we can't stand still. I am happy to finish anywhere above 18th, but go all out for a cup

Boscombe had a pretty bad run with injuries last season.

If we had similar luck (Ings, Ward-Prowse, Bertrand and Bednarek would be pretty grim) we would find it tough.

I do think top-half is achievable though.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

This season on 10:40 - Aug 30 with 1211 viewsSaintNick

This season on 20:22 - Aug 29 by PatfromPoole

Boscombe had a pretty bad run with injuries last season.

If we had similar luck (Ings, Ward-Prowse, Bertrand and Bednarek would be pretty grim) we would find it tough.

I do think top-half is achievable though.

The aim is a top 10 finish but it is all done in steps, get the points on the board early so you are out of the relegation fight then just try to keep going and see what can happen.

The problem as we have found in the past is that it becomes easy for supporters to have unrealistic expectations, we have had as solid a time in the last 7 seasons as any side with 5 out of 7 top 11 finishes and since the first season back when we finished 14th only one real relegation battle, that was tight but we got away with it.

But in that time only Leicester have really penetrated the big six, truth is we have to try and become a solid mid table club who can compete in the cups and for the top 7

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

This season on 12:20 - Aug 30 with 1184 viewsHeisenberg

A top 10 finish and a decent cup run would be great and is achievable. As people have said the main concern is injuries to key players as the squad looks a bit thin. For me a priority is a solid defensive midfielder in the mold of Sneidelin or Wanyama to protect the back four.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Login to get fewer ads

This season on 12:26 - Aug 30 with 1181 viewsJaySaint

I think we have a pretty good group of the first 13 players. A couple of those players are outstanding.

I think we are well stocked all parts of the pitch, bar CM. I hope we bring in someone good enough to challenge for a first team spot

outside of the obvious clowns (Carrillo et al), I can see either Forster or Gunn going (obvs) and we always seem to be linked with another CB, so does that mean Vestergaard is on his way?

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024