Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Everton 12:53 - Sep 5 with 1542 viewsBicester_North

Their fans must be pleased they didn’t sign Hojbjerg, he’s bargain basement compared to the midfielders they’re signing instead. A Brazil international, the cheating tw@t Doucoure and James Rodriguez.
They could turn out to be crap but surely preferable to the dickhead Dane

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Everton on 13:55 - Sep 5 with 1455 viewsTimSaint

They may well turn out to be decent, however I can't help thinking that Everton have had a knack of turning good players into average players of late, ala Sigurdsson and Schneiderlin.

Maybe they now have a manager and some players who simply aren't just there for the huge amounts of cash they seem to throw around.

TimSaint

Everton on 14:25 - Sep 5 with 1420 viewssolent_toffee

Everton on 13:55 - Sep 5 by TimSaint

They may well turn out to be decent, however I can't help thinking that Everton have had a knack of turning good players into average players of late, ala Sigurdsson and Schneiderlin.

Maybe they now have a manager and some players who simply aren't just there for the huge amounts of cash they seem to throw around.

The best signing Everton have made since Moshiri and his money have arrived has been Ancellotti, the previous managers don’t come anywhere near him.

Koeman in particular wasted a huge amount after a decent first season on a load of players in the same position, Klassen, Sigurdsson, Vlasic and Rooney, best part of 100 million, all players play in the same position. All of this with the Lukaku money and he didn’t buy a striker!

Silva brought in decent players Richarlison, Gomes and Digne and was unlucky to have inherited a bloated squad. But he also bought in some duff players like Delph.

Hopefully Ancellotti can start something and lead Everton to the new stadium with a decent team.
Everton on 14:47 - Sep 5 with 1407 viewsButty101

Everton on 14:25 - Sep 5 by solent_toffee

The best signing Everton have made since Moshiri and his money have arrived has been Ancellotti, the previous managers don’t come anywhere near him.

Koeman in particular wasted a huge amount after a decent first season on a load of players in the same position, Klassen, Sigurdsson, Vlasic and Rooney, best part of 100 million, all players play in the same position. All of this with the Lukaku money and he didn’t buy a striker!

Silva brought in decent players Richarlison, Gomes and Digne and was unlucky to have inherited a bloated squad. But he also bought in some duff players like Delph.

Hopefully Ancellotti can start something and lead Everton to the new stadium with a decent team.

Why do you think Ancelloti is going to cut it. Once the new manger bounce wore you guys where back to normal.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Everton on 15:02 - Sep 5 with 1397 viewscocklebreath

A glorious 8th place is my prediction, 2 points and one place above the mighty Saints

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Everton on 15:26 - Sep 5 with 1377 viewssolent_toffee

Everton on 14:47 - Sep 5 by Butty101

Why do you think Ancelloti is going to cut it. Once the new manger bounce wore you guys where back to normal.

I’m not saying that he will - but his credentials are far greater than Koeman, Silva and the laughable Allerdyce. The fact that he managed to get so many points out of the shambles that he walked in on last year and the pull he has on bringing players in and the success he has throughout his career makes me optimistic for his tenure.

No guarantees or certainties just an optimistic sucker supporter!!
Everton on 15:43 - Sep 5 with 1359 viewskingslandstand1

"Koeman in particular wasted a huge amount after a decent first season on a load of players in the same position, Klassen, Sigurdsson, Vlasic and Rooney, best part of 100 million, all players play in the same position. All of this with the Lukaku money and he didn’t buy a striker!"

Don't tell the Barcelona fans that , but they do have Messi the messiah I suppose
Everton on 15:44 - Sep 5 with 1357 viewskingslandstand1

Everton on 15:26 - Sep 5 by solent_toffee

I’m not saying that he will - but his credentials are far greater than Koeman, Silva and the laughable Allerdyce. The fact that he managed to get so many points out of the shambles that he walked in on last year and the pull he has on bringing players in and the success he has throughout his career makes me optimistic for his tenure.

Can you have a word with a couple of our fans re the optimism side then
Everton on 16:13 - Sep 5 with 1321 viewsSadoldgit

Everton are an odd club. No matter how much money they throw at things they never seem to get it right. You would expect them to have a decent season this time round, yet they are just as likely to end up mid table again.
Login to get fewer ads

Everton on 16:24 - Sep 5 with 1324 viewscocklebreath

Everton on 15:26 - Sep 5 by solent_toffee

Only place Koeman failed was at Everton, says more about Everton than Koeman.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Everton on 16:33 - Sep 5 with 1314 viewsSaintsforeverj

Koeman is now manager at arguably the biggest and best club in the world. He has managed at international level and was one of the world's best players. The problem is Everton rather than the manager. Everton buy players for buying sake. No real plan other than buy some "good" players. But will they gel? Do they have a good attitude? And are they actually any good (Adams and Ings are arguably better than Everton's forwards for half the price)?

I have a feeling, and I could be wrong but I think Ancellotti has had his day. He is an Arsene Wenger now. Reminds me of West Ham appointing title winner Pellegrini: it didn't work. Pellegrini was dull and looked like he was heading for retirement. When Everton don't get anywhere near the top 4, the "top" players will sulk and wish they were playing for a top 4 club.

Let's be honest, the top 4 will be Man City, Liverpoool, Chelsea, Man United. Possibly Arsenal, Leicester, Spurs, Wolves might be there or thereabouts. No other team will get a look in. So more of the same for teams like Everton and Saints i'm afraid.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2020 16:38]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Everton on 17:25 - Sep 5 with 1274 viewsBicester_North

Everton on 16:33 - Sep 5 by Saintsforeverj

Koeman is now manager at arguably the biggest and best club in the world. He has managed at international level and was one of the world's best players. The problem is Everton rather than the manager. Everton buy players for buying sake. No real plan other than buy some "good" players. But will they gel? Do they have a good attitude? And are they actually any good (Adams and Ings are arguably better than Everton's forwards for half the price)?

I have a feeling, and I could be wrong but I think Ancellotti has had his day. He is an Arsene Wenger now. Reminds me of West Ham appointing title winner Pellegrini: it didn't work. Pellegrini was dull and looked like he was heading for retirement. When Everton don't get anywhere near the top 4, the "top" players will sulk and wish they were playing for a top 4 club.

Let's be honest, the top 4 will be Man City, Liverpoool, Chelsea, Man United. Possibly Arsenal, Leicester, Spurs, Wolves might be there or thereabouts. No other team will get a look in. So more of the same for teams like Everton and Saints i'm afraid.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2020 16:38]

Usually 1 or 2 teams that underperforms, someone like Spurs or Leicester could (hopefully) this year allowing another team like Saints to finish higher.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2020 17:28]

Everton on 18:14 - Sep 5 with 1217 viewsSaintsforeverj

Everton on 17:25 - Sep 5 by Bicester_North

Usually 1 or 2 teams that underperforms, someone like Spurs or Leicester could (hopefully) this year allowing another team like Saints to finish higher.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2020 17:28]

I certainly think Saints could get 6th. That would be an amazing season. But I can't see anything more than that and the same for everyone else. Of course there is a 1 per cent chance of the miracle Leicester title, but realistically, it will be the same top 5.

Everton on 19:04 - Sep 5 with 1176 viewsButty101

Everton on 15:43 - Sep 5 by kingslandstand1

"Koeman in particular wasted a huge amount after a decent first season on a load of players in the same position, Klassen, Sigurdsson, Vlasic and Rooney, best part of 100 million, all players play in the same position. All of this with the Lukaku money and he didn’t buy a striker!"

Don't tell the Barcelona fans that , but they do have Messi the messiah I suppose

Wasn’t it your director of football Steve Walsh that wasted a lot of money. I bet it wasn’t Koeman who wanted Rooney

Everton on 21:02 - Sep 5 with 1123 viewskingslandstand1

Everton on 19:04 - Sep 5 by Butty101

Wasn’t it your director of football Steve Walsh that wasted a lot of money. I bet it wasn’t Koeman who wanted Rooney

Not my director
Everton on 22:54 - Sep 5 with 1034 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Everton on 16:24 - Sep 5 by cocklebreath

Only place Koeman failed was at Everton, says more about Everton than Koeman.

This.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Everton on 09:59 - Sep 6 with 840 viewsSaintNick

I'm not sure this is the path that Everton should take, they chased Koeman as he was seen as a big name and threw money at it, I'm not sure that he was responsible for all the signings, I think the return of Rooney was very much Moshiri trying to ingratiate himself with the fans, same as buying the Liver buildings, ask Newcastle always beware of an owner who comes in and then tries to make out he loves the club and the City etc

Ancelottie has had a lot of success as a a manger , but it has always been at clubs that dominated their leagues , Milan, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Bayern, PSG, not so successful elsewhere.

Everton are throwing money around, but again they are overpaying for players who are good but not great, the media will be full of quotes from the latest signings saying it was the influence of Ancelotti etc that attracted them to the club and of course trot out a few things scripted for them by the Everton PR department about the fans ( This isnt a dig at Everton, read just about any comments from a high priced new signing at a Premier League club)

But the reality is that they are there because they are being paid more that they can get elsewhere.

If Ancelotti goes to form he will be gone by the end of the season, the only settled spell he has ever had was at Milan whom he left in 2009, since then he has had 5 clubs in 10 years prior to joining Everton, sacked by all 5.

Everton do not need a manager with a reputation, especially one that was essentially made over a decade ago, they need someone whith a reputation to make, someone who will genuinely see the club as a long term project and build it up.

You wont like it but someone like Klopp, who built Liverpool up slowly but surely, you cant transform a squad overnight with 3 or 4 signings, you have to do it over 4-5 years and gradually, unless you are Manchester City where you can buy what you want and Everton are not in that position.

You also need an owner with patience and I dont think that is Moshiri

Four years ago when you got Koeman you were going to challenge for the Champions League etc, you are now in a worse position than you were back then, there has been no progress.

With Ancelotti you will get some progress, but the fear is in a year he will be gone and you will be left with a squad that is going nowhere because they are on stupid wages and you cant get replacements.

The last 30 years have been awful for Everton in the main apart from the Moyes years when he got some stability and you regularly challenged in the top 5, since he left there has been no stability

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Everton on 12:02 - Sep 6 with 772 viewssolent_toffee

Everton on 09:59 - Sep 6 by SaintNick

I'm not sure this is the path that Everton should take, they chased Koeman as he was seen as a big name and threw money at it, I'm not sure that he was responsible for all the signings, I think the return of Rooney was very much Moshiri trying to ingratiate himself with the fans, same as buying the Liver buildings, ask Newcastle always beware of an owner who comes in and then tries to make out he loves the club and the City etc

Ancelottie has had a lot of success as a a manger , but it has always been at clubs that dominated their leagues , Milan, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Bayern, PSG, not so successful elsewhere.

Everton are throwing money around, but again they are overpaying for players who are good but not great, the media will be full of quotes from the latest signings saying it was the influence of Ancelotti etc that attracted them to the club and of course trot out a few things scripted for them by the Everton PR department about the fans ( This isnt a dig at Everton, read just about any comments from a high priced new signing at a Premier League club)

But the reality is that they are there because they are being paid more that they can get elsewhere.

If Ancelotti goes to form he will be gone by the end of the season, the only settled spell he has ever had was at Milan whom he left in 2009, since then he has had 5 clubs in 10 years prior to joining Everton, sacked by all 5.

Everton do not need a manager with a reputation, especially one that was essentially made over a decade ago, they need someone whith a reputation to make, someone who will genuinely see the club as a long term project and build it up.

You wont like it but someone like Klopp, who built Liverpool up slowly but surely, you cant transform a squad overnight with 3 or 4 signings, you have to do it over 4-5 years and gradually, unless you are Manchester City where you can buy what you want and Everton are not in that position.

You also need an owner with patience and I dont think that is Moshiri

Four years ago when you got Koeman you were going to challenge for the Champions League etc, you are now in a worse position than you were back then, there has been no progress.

With Ancelotti you will get some progress, but the fear is in a year he will be gone and you will be left with a squad that is going nowhere because they are on stupid wages and you cant get replacements.

The last 30 years have been awful for Everton in the main apart from the Moyes years when he got some stability and you regularly challenged in the top 5, since he left there has been no stability

It’s all well and good saying that Everton should be looking at the next Klopp, but as much as I hate to say it, he is a one off and the timing of getting him for Liverpool was fantastic.

There have been other ‘Klopp’s’, Wagner did well at Huddersfield before bombing out, Hassenhuttl done okay at Saints last season during the restart but there were long periods when a lot on here wanted shut of him, so I would say the jury is still out. Thomas Frank at Brentford looks promising and is doing a good job - but it’s a big jump from Brentford to Everton.

Your right about Moyes, it’s a huge shame that he didn’t get the funding to build on what he had developed. Since he left the club have been shockingly managed aside from a season with Martinez. The Moyes squad was slowly dismantled and not replaced, either in quality or character. There hasn’t been any identity to Everton since then and as a supporter apathy has really set in (although we have record season tickets sales this season)

All I will say for the season ahead is ‘we’ll see’. I dont go nuts over the signings or make fanciful predictions (some on here have suggested Saints could finish top 5!).

I’m just hoping that the identity starts to come back and the desire that was woefully missing during the restart and that fans can come back to stadiums as soon as possible.
Everton on 12:23 - Sep 6 with 752 viewsBicester_North

Everton on 12:02 - Sep 6 by solent_toffee

It’s all well and good saying that Everton should be looking at the next Klopp, but as much as I hate to say it, he is a one off and the timing of getting him for Liverpool was fantastic.

There have been other ‘Klopp’s’, Wagner did well at Huddersfield before bombing out, Hassenhuttl done okay at Saints last season during the restart but there were long periods when a lot on here wanted shut of him, so I would say the jury is still out. Thomas Frank at Brentford looks promising and is doing a good job - but it’s a big jump from Brentford to Everton.

Your right about Moyes, it’s a huge shame that he didn’t get the funding to build on what he had developed. Since he left the club have been shockingly managed aside from a season with Martinez. The Moyes squad was slowly dismantled and not replaced, either in quality or character. There hasn’t been any identity to Everton since then and as a supporter apathy has really set in (although we have record season tickets sales this season)

All I will say for the season ahead is ‘we’ll see’. I dont go nuts over the signings or make fanciful predictions (some on here have suggested Saints could finish top 5!).

I’m just hoping that the identity starts to come back and the desire that was woefully missing during the restart and that fans can come back to stadiums as soon as possible.

Did a lot on here really want Hasenhuttl gone?

Maybe saint22 who is just a comedy character/skate but can’t think of anyone else or any Saints fans I know in the real world either.

We’d just had Hughes and Pellegrino so even after the 9-0 you could feel Ralph had more about him.

Everton on 16:21 - Sep 6 with 685 viewsButty101

Everton on 12:23 - Sep 6 by Bicester_North

Did a lot on here really want Hasenhuttl gone?

Maybe saint22 who is just a comedy character/skate but can’t think of anyone else or any Saints fans I know in the real world either.

We’d just had Hughes and Pellegrino so even after the 9-0 you could feel Ralph had more about him.

Absolutely this, even after the drubbing fans were more annoyed with the players than the manager. Until the deaf wood leaves his hands are tied.
I still think Ralph will go on to bigger things, hopefully not Spurs when the special one has left.

Everton on 21:25 - Sep 6 with 620 viewsSaintsforeverj

Everton on 16:21 - Sep 6 by Butty101

Absolutely this, even after the drubbing fans were more annoyed with the players than the manager. Until the deaf wood leaves his hands are tied.
I still think Ralph will go on to bigger things, hopefully not Spurs when the special one has left.

It was also annoyance with the board and owner, not at all at the manager. We mostly realised that swapping the manager every season wasn't helping anything.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2020 21:27]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024