Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cases soar,government has lost control 06:25 - Sep 7 with 4864 viewsthissceptredsaint

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/sep/06/coronavirus-fears-uk-government-lo

Massive jump in positive tests in 1 day, cases are soaring, this government has lost control. Or has it. We know Prime minister Cummings favours herd immunity. It hasn't worked so far but that won't stop these nutters.

It's almost as if they are trying to bump off my generation.
Cases soar,government has lost control on 16:46 - Sep 7 with 1387 viewsfranniesTache

Cases soar,government has lost control on 16:21 - Sep 7 by solent_toffee

100 per cent agree.

There was a feature in Radio 4 yesterday saying that the rate of new cases varies massively across the country with Southampton one of the lowest cases only having 3 cases per 100,000 so what’s that around 9 cases per the local population. So what is Southampton doing right and can it continue until things start to slowly get back to normal.

From what i can tell they seem to be learning from what went before and managing the situation better, the discovery that relatively cheap and easily available steroids mitigate the risk of death is huge, and hopefully one that will give us more time to find a proper vaccine.
Cases soar,government has lost control on 21:44 - Sep 7 with 1314 viewsericofarabia

Cases soar,government has lost control on 16:46 - Sep 7 by franniesTache

From what i can tell they seem to be learning from what went before and managing the situation better, the discovery that relatively cheap and easily available steroids mitigate the risk of death is huge, and hopefully one that will give us more time to find a proper vaccine.

Treatment rather than Vaccine, should be the major focus at the moment, it seems there are possible remedies that could be able to reduce the symptoms and reduce deaths, but the obsession with finding a vaccine in a matter of months when it normally takes anything over 7 years to do normally, and to only be used when proven to be safe, doesn't seem to suit the powers that be!! Sorry for going off into MLT land, but you won't catch me basically being a guinea pig for Big Pharma or whatever name they go under. The Government giving Pharmaceutical Companies free range and total indemnity from any claims if things go wrong to fast track unlicensed vaccines sends shivers down my spine.
Cases soar,government has lost control on 08:58 - Sep 8 with 1228 viewsSadoldgit

Absolutely! There should be no cutting of corners when it comes to safety standards.
Cases soar,government has lost control on 18:08 - Sep 8 with 1169 viewsSaintsforeverj

It's shown by the stats that selfish young people are spreading the disease and causing cases to soar. Don't blame the government, blame the 90 per cent new cases being young selfish people. Years of having rights but little respect for responsibilty, is why the young are spreading the disease. They just party, group together in parks, and show little responsibility.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2020 18:09]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Cases soar,government has lost control on 19:34 - Sep 8 with 1146 viewsSadoldgit

Cases soar,government has lost control on 18:08 - Sep 8 by Saintsforeverj

It's shown by the stats that selfish young people are spreading the disease and causing cases to soar. Don't blame the government, blame the 90 per cent new cases being young selfish people. Years of having rights but little respect for responsibilty, is why the young are spreading the disease. They just party, group together in parks, and show little responsibility.

You may be right, but having been told for months that it is only old and infirm people that need to worry, perhaps the wrong message has got through?
Cases soar,government has lost control on 19:52 - Sep 8 with 1144 viewsSaintsforeverj

Cases soar,government has lost control on 19:34 - Sep 8 by Sadoldgit

You may be right, but having been told for months that it is only old and infirm people that need to worry, perhaps the wrong message has got through?

The message perhaps wasn't strong enough, that although young people rarely get ill from it, they can pass it onto others who will get very ill. The message also probably wasn't clear enough, about people meeting in houses. The rule should be clear imo - no visitors to any households for anything. This would stop most of the parties and gatherings. But all the same, I kept my distance from people anyway, as it is the responsible thing to do - young people in particular don't seem to understand this or don't care, presumably because they know they won't get ill.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2020 19:55]

Cases soar,government has lost control on 19:54 - Sep 8 with 1140 viewscocklebreath

Cases soar,government has lost control on 18:08 - Sep 8 by Saintsforeverj

And if you were young you wouldn’t do the same, ffs this place is full of grumpy old gits

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Cases soar,government has lost control on 19:57 - Sep 8 with 1137 viewsSaintsforeverj

Cases soar,government has lost control on 19:54 - Sep 8 by cocklebreath

And if you were young you wouldn’t do the same, ffs this place is full of grumpy old gits

You would go out as a young person, get drunk, cuddle people in a drunken state even if you knew it would kill people? No, this disease is killing people, they should at least socially distance and have some responsibility. I don't think trying to save lives is grumpy.

You would be happy to do something that you are being told might end in someone else's death? Good for you.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2020 20:00]

Login to get fewer ads

Cases soar,government has lost control on 20:01 - Sep 8 with 1132 viewscocklebreath

Cases soar,government has lost control on 19:57 - Sep 8 by Saintsforeverj

You would go out as a young person, get drunk, cuddle people in a drunken state even if you knew it would kill people? No, this disease is killing people, they should at least socially distance and have some responsibility. I don't think trying to save lives is grumpy.

You would be happy to do something that you are being told might end in someone else's death? Good for you.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2020 20:00]

Put yourself in your shoes when you were 18. I know I would have been desperate to go out

Cases soar,government has lost control on 20:08 - Sep 8 with 1129 viewsSaintsforeverj

Cases soar,government has lost control on 20:01 - Sep 8 by cocklebreath

Put yourself in your shoes when you were 18. I know I would have been desperate to go out

In normal times yes. Not during a virus pandemic, a world war or a catastrophe. They should be more responsible in the situation we are in. One night of partying could result in deaths and suffering. If I knew that, I wouldn't have gone out.

Ever been to a poor country? I have visited the slums of India, where kids are starving and never go out. When you have seen that, you start re-assess what you are "desperate" for. They are desperate for a crumb of bread. But that's the point. Our selfish young people don't know how lucky they are, most of them.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2020 20:13]

Cases soar,government has lost control on 20:36 - Sep 8 with 1101 viewsSadoldgit

Cases soar,government has lost control on 20:08 - Sep 8 by Saintsforeverj

In normal times yes. Not during a virus pandemic, a world war or a catastrophe. They should be more responsible in the situation we are in. One night of partying could result in deaths and suffering. If I knew that, I wouldn't have gone out.

Ever been to a poor country? I have visited the slums of India, where kids are starving and never go out. When you have seen that, you start re-assess what you are "desperate" for. They are desperate for a crumb of bread. But that's the point. Our selfish young people don't know how lucky they are, most of them.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2020 20:13]

Everything is relative though. Our youngsters don’t know any different. I take your point, but if you grow up in such differing circumstances your actions are also going to be different.
Cases soar,government has lost control on 21:13 - Sep 8 with 1081 viewsBoris_

Cases soar,government has lost control on 20:01 - Sep 8 by cocklebreath

During WW1 and WW2, kids were faking their ages so they could go and fight for our country.

How times have changed, eh?

Poll: Claude Puel

Cases soar,government has lost control on 22:06 - Sep 8 with 1061 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Cases soar,government has lost control on 21:13 - Sep 8 by Boris_

During WW1 and WW2, kids were faking their ages so they could go and fight for our country.

So true, sadly

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Cases soar,government has lost control on 22:15 - Sep 8 with 1048 viewscocklebreath

Cases soar,government has lost control on 21:13 - Sep 8 by Boris_

Thankfully they have, no world wars. I’d say that’s a good thing

Cases soar,government has lost control on 23:10 - Sep 8 with 1031 viewsDorsetIan

Cases soar,government has lost control on 22:15 - Sep 8 by cocklebreath

That's exactly the sort of snowflake comment that has ruined this forum.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Cases soar,government has lost control on 23:12 - Sep 8 with 1030 viewsBicester_North

Cases soar,government has lost control on 22:15 - Sep 8 by cocklebreath

Only because of nukes

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024