Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sanctions Reimposed 22:41 - Sep 8 with 5338 viewsSaintNick

Social gatherings of more than six people will be illegal in England from Monday - with some exemptions - amid a steep rise in coronavirus cases.

A new legal limit will ban larger groups meeting anywhere socially indoors or outdoors, No 10 said.

But it will not apply to schools, workplaces or Covid-secure weddings, funerals and organised team sports.

It will be enforced through a £100 fine if people fail to comply with police, doubling up to a maximum of £3,200.

Several exemptions apply to the new rules - which come into force on 14 September - with households and support bubbles bigger than six people are unaffected.

A full list of exemptions will be published by the government later.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Sanctions Reimposed on 06:54 - Sep 10 with 758 views1ASIN12

Sanctions Reimposed on 19:41 - Sep 9 by Sadoldgit

At least you have finally admitted that you are just a WUM.

So pubs aren’t closing but you can’t visit in groups of than 6 people. A pub filled with 100 people made up of groups of no more than 6 people is deemed safer than a pub with 100 people and groups of people over 6? Crazy.

Do you think the government should have shut pubs, cafes and resturants then?
Sanctions Reimposed on 08:01 - Sep 10 with 710 viewsSadoldgit

Sanctions Reimposed on 06:54 - Sep 10 by 1ASIN12

Do you think the government should have shut pubs, cafes and resturants then?

If they think that they believe that gatherings over 6 pose a threat and increase the possibility of transmitting the virus, what do you think would be the best course of action?
Sanctions Reimposed on 08:05 - Sep 10 with 701 viewsSadoldgit

Sanctions Reimposed on 20:44 - Sep 9 by Boris_

I am pretty sure most people who caught the virus, didn't do it on purpose Soppy.

Are you suggesting that people who have car accidents do it on purpose Doris?
Sanctions Reimposed on 08:09 - Sep 10 with 691 viewsBoris_

Sanctions Reimposed on 08:01 - Sep 10 by Sadoldgit

If they think that they believe that gatherings over 6 pose a threat and increase the possibility of transmitting the virus, what do you think would be the best course of action?

Why can't you answer the question yourself soppy? It's just another reason for you to bash the government but you can't actually tell anyone WHY their system is bad?

I'm feeling generous today so I'll explain.

- You can't police how people social distance in their own home.

- Pubs by law have to ensure social distancing and make sure no more than 6 people are together in any one space. If they don't, they face huge fines and closure.

By allowing pubs to stay open, it also keeps millions of people in work.

If there's anything else you're struggling with, let me know. Happy to help. x

Poll: Claude Puel

Sanctions Reimposed on 08:12 - Sep 10 with 694 viewsBison

Next week we have a golf and stay booked at some place north of Birmingham where 12 of us from up north and down south are meeting up for 3 days 2 nights. I though this would be scuppered but it turns out golf societies are classed as organised sporting events so it's still on.

We will have to split into 2 groups of 6 when in the bar and eating and the bar will shut at 10pm but your man said he would bring drinks over to our chalets after that.

Top result I would of been gutted if it had been canned as we only meet up once a year.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Sanctions Reimposed on 08:12 - Sep 10 with 691 viewsSadoldgit

Sanctions Reimposed on 20:09 - Sep 9 by Boris_

Don't flatter yourself, every single view I've ever had on here is mine and I'd happily repeat them to your face or anyone elses.

I see you had to answer your own politically driven leading question you asked that was ignored by everyone as they knew where you were heading with it?

Did you miss the bit where no more than groups of 6 are allowed to be together in the pubs and if pubs don't ensure social distancing, they could be fined thousands of pounds or even told to close?

How do you suggest that groups of more than 6 are policed within the privacy of peoples homes?

You really aren't very bright, are you?
[Post edited 9 Sep 2020 20:10]

If you have ever been in a pub you will understand that after a few drink social distancing goes out of the window. More so when people are inside which will happen as the weather gets worse and people no longer sit in pub gardens. I expect like the rest of us you have witnessed crowd behaviour when going to the beach etc. Do you honestly believe that police will patrol pubs with tape measures? You are the one who is not so bright, that or you just come on here each day to have an argument with someone (or both).
Sanctions Reimposed on 08:30 - Sep 10 with 667 viewsBoris_

Sanctions Reimposed on 08:12 - Sep 10 by Sadoldgit

If you have ever been in a pub you will understand that after a few drink social distancing goes out of the window. More so when people are inside which will happen as the weather gets worse and people no longer sit in pub gardens. I expect like the rest of us you have witnessed crowd behaviour when going to the beach etc. Do you honestly believe that police will patrol pubs with tape measures? You are the one who is not so bright, that or you just come on here each day to have an argument with someone (or both).

Wrong again soppy. You might have an unruly mob in your local council estate pub but every pub in Romsey I have been to has observed social distancing, there is no standing and it's table service only.

What crowd behaviour going to the beach are you alluding to? Don't mention a couple of isolated incidents like Durdle Door jumpers etc... there's 60 million people in this country.

Don't also show pictures deliberately angled to show people not social distancing when an aerial view nearly always showed they were.

Sanctions Reimposed on 08:46 - Sep 10 with 659 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Jesus wept, can you two give it a rest for a bit, seriously.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Login to get fewer ads

Sanctions Reimposed on 09:01 - Sep 10 with 640 views1ASIN12

Sanctions Reimposed on 08:01 - Sep 10 by Sadoldgit

Is it a yes then you , Sadoldgit believe pubs etc should be closed?

In which case you and your family will be visiting pubs etc?

The way I read the latest announcement is that the government believes that the latest spread is caused in some cases by large gatherings in private homes .
Sanctions Reimposed on 09:02 - Sep 10 with 640 viewsBuggalugs

Sanctions Reimposed on 08:12 - Sep 10 by Bison

Next week we have a golf and stay booked at some place north of Birmingham where 12 of us from up north and down south are meeting up for 3 days 2 nights. I though this would be scuppered but it turns out golf societies are classed as organised sporting events so it's still on.

We will have to split into 2 groups of 6 when in the bar and eating and the bar will shut at 10pm but your man said he would bring drinks over to our chalets after that.

Top result I would of been gutted if it had been canned as we only meet up once a year.

In 2 weekends time, 30 of my extended family are booked in for a sit-down meal in a hotel to celebrate my nan's 100th birthday. The party consists of multiple different households, from all ends of the country and we are due to be sat around one large table, albeit in a private function room.

On contacting the hotel yesterday for clarification the booking would now be cancelled, we were told nothing's changed and they're looking forward to welcoming us.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Sanctions Reimposed on 09:06 - Sep 10 with 637 viewsBuggalugs

Sanctions Reimposed on 08:30 - Sep 10 by Boris_

Wrong again soppy. You might have an unruly mob in your local council estate pub but every pub in Romsey I have been to has observed social distancing, there is no standing and it's table service only.

What crowd behaviour going to the beach are you alluding to? Don't mention a couple of isolated incidents like Durdle Door jumpers etc... there's 60 million people in this country.

Don't also show pictures deliberately angled to show people not social distancing when an aerial view nearly always showed they were.

Romsey; the place where all drinkers drink responsibly and all teachers don't teach

Sanctions Reimposed on 09:21 - Sep 10 with 626 viewsBison

Sanctions Reimposed on 09:02 - Sep 10 by Buggalugs

In 2 weekends time, 30 of my extended family are booked in for a sit-down meal in a hotel to celebrate my nan's 100th birthday. The party consists of multiple different households, from all ends of the country and we are due to be sat around one large table, albeit in a private function room.

On contacting the hotel yesterday for clarification the booking would now be cancelled, we were told nothing's changed and they're looking forward to welcoming us.

That's brilliant mate , she will only be a centurion once ( unless some miracle of modern science takes her to 200 ! ) . Life has to go on , you pays your money you takes your chance.

My son is an apprentice chef in a hotel and he was furloughed all through the summer , if they lockdown again he won't have a job to go back too next time but will still have to foot the bill when he's older to pay for all this economic suicide.

Sanctions Reimposed on 09:46 - Sep 10 with 603 viewsSadoldgit

Sanctions Reimposed on 09:01 - Sep 10 by 1ASIN12

Is it a yes then you , Sadoldgit believe pubs etc should be closed?

In which case you and your family will be visiting pubs etc?

The way I read the latest announcement is that the government believes that the latest spread is caused in some cases by large gatherings in private homes .

Can you then explain then why large gathering in public places are supposed to be safer? There is no logic to it.

In answer to your question, as long as the pubs remained open and the weather is fine we shall continue to see in the local’s garden. When the weather gets worse I suppose we will go earlier and leave earlier depending on the numbers inside. As you know, country pubs tend to have large garden but not much room inside.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2020 9:49]
Sanctions Reimposed on 10:09 - Sep 10 with 588 viewsBuggalugs

Sanctions Reimposed on 09:21 - Sep 10 by Bison

That's brilliant mate , she will only be a centurion once ( unless some miracle of modern science takes her to 200 ! ) . Life has to go on , you pays your money you takes your chance.

My son is an apprentice chef in a hotel and he was furloughed all through the summer , if they lockdown again he won't have a job to go back too next time but will still have to foot the bill when he's older to pay for all this economic suicide.

On the back of that, my old nan is a good example of the negative impact of lockdown; 99 not out, very with it mentally, plays short tennis regularly at her local leisure centre, still drives, lots of friends, never had any major health scares etc. Since lockdown she's become a shadow of her former self; leisure centre closed, stopped driving, hasn't seen any friends, become short tempered, forgetful, keeps saying she just doesn't feel right.

Of course this could all be put down to her age finally catching up with her, but she's a shadow of her former self 6 months ago and it's pretty obvious to us she's just given up and can't be arsed with life now she's lost her independence. It's really sad to see the decline.

Sanctions Reimposed on 10:17 - Sep 10 with 582 viewsBison

Sanctions Reimposed on 10:09 - Sep 10 by Buggalugs

On the back of that, my old nan is a good example of the negative impact of lockdown; 99 not out, very with it mentally, plays short tennis regularly at her local leisure centre, still drives, lots of friends, never had any major health scares etc. Since lockdown she's become a shadow of her former self; leisure centre closed, stopped driving, hasn't seen any friends, become short tempered, forgetful, keeps saying she just doesn't feel right.

Of course this could all be put down to her age finally catching up with her, but she's a shadow of her former self 6 months ago and it's pretty obvious to us she's just given up and can't be arsed with life now she's lost her independence. It's really sad to see the decline.

I know mate it's not age , my father in law passed away in June he just gave up. He started keeping a DNR form on him and just become gloomy and morbid. He went in for a mild pee infection but just never came back. We gave up with self isolation with my parents back in May , all this protect the old stuff is ok but what are we protecting them from ?

Sanctions Reimposed on 10:21 - Sep 10 with 577 viewsSadoldgit

Lots of sad stories about the detrimental side of lockdown for many people, but it isn’t just about protecting them from the virus, it is protecting others too. The death toll is bad enough as it is, goodness knows how bad it would be if we hadn’t had the lockdown.
Sanctions Reimposed on 10:35 - Sep 10 with 561 viewsBison

Sanctions Reimposed on 10:21 - Sep 10 by Sadoldgit

Lots of sad stories about the detrimental side of lockdown for many people, but it isn’t just about protecting them from the virus, it is protecting others too. The death toll is bad enough as it is, goodness knows how bad it would be if we hadn’t had the lockdown.

Than you for your empathy and consoling words.......

Sanctions Reimposed on 10:53 - Sep 10 with 542 viewsBoris_

Sanctions Reimposed on 09:46 - Sep 10 by Sadoldgit

Can you then explain then why large gathering in public places are supposed to be safer? There is no logic to it.

In answer to your question, as long as the pubs remained open and the weather is fine we shall continue to see in the local’s garden. When the weather gets worse I suppose we will go earlier and leave earlier depending on the numbers inside. As you know, country pubs tend to have large garden but not much room inside.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2020 9:49]

I've literally explained it to you Soppy but you don't want to listen to logic.

Pubs are required by law to police social distancing on their premises and if they don't they will face huge fines or be closed by the council and have their license revoked.

Pubs need to remain open to save millions of jobs.

What aren't you understanding?

Sanctions Reimposed on 11:03 - Sep 10 with 530 viewsSadoldgit

Sanctions Reimposed on 10:35 - Sep 10 by Bison

Than you for your empathy and consoling words.......

I was lucky, I had my wife around, a garden to sit in and countryside to walk in outside my front door. It must have been awful for people on their own stuck indoors.
Sanctions Reimposed on 12:45 - Sep 10 with 497 viewsericofarabia

Sanctions Reimposed on 10:09 - Sep 10 by Buggalugs

This breaks my heart. So sorry for you and your family to go through this. I am seeing a similar pattern with my 86 year old father in law. The highlight of his week used to be meeting up with old friends and Rugby Team mates down the local Rugby Club on a Friday Night, as they have been doing for 30 odd years. Sadly over the years their numbers have dwindled, but at least they got to say their farewells. After so long of being quarantined, few of them have bothered returning. Not allowed to stand chatting at the bar, or even sand at the bar to order your drink, tables so far apart conversations barely possible and the cashless society/ card only payment being alien to most was the final straw. Sadly after a life time together many will never see each other again.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024