Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sanctions Reimposed 22:41 - Sep 8 with 5339 viewsSaintNick

Social gatherings of more than six people will be illegal in England from Monday - with some exemptions - amid a steep rise in coronavirus cases.

A new legal limit will ban larger groups meeting anywhere socially indoors or outdoors, No 10 said.

But it will not apply to schools, workplaces or Covid-secure weddings, funerals and organised team sports.

It will be enforced through a £100 fine if people fail to comply with police, doubling up to a maximum of £3,200.

Several exemptions apply to the new rules - which come into force on 14 September - with households and support bubbles bigger than six people are unaffected.

A full list of exemptions will be published by the government later.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Sanctions Reimposed on 09:38 - Sep 9 with 1022 viewsgrumpy

Sanctions Reimposed on 09:32 - Sep 9 by Boris_

Mental isn't it. People think money grows on trees. The government have done all they can, it's up to everyone to roll their sleeves up and get on with things.

The issues with regards to the hotspots of Covid are clear to see. The government need to educate the younguns to behave themselves, shut down pubs and bars without social distancing in place, educate South Asian communities etc and then the virus would drop back down.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2020 9:40]

' it's not up to everyone to roll their sleeves up and get on with things'.
Sanctions Reimposed on 09:39 - Sep 9 with 1020 viewsJellybaby

Sanctions Reimposed on 09:21 - Sep 9 by kernow

Risk is to be recognized, managed and mitigated, not accepted.

I accept that one day I will die, I can't mitigate that.

Driving causes thousands of death in the UK, shall we ban cars to mitigate that danger?

We could end up in a very sterile world, where we exist but certainly don't live in the fullest sense

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

Sanctions Reimposed on 09:47 - Sep 9 with 1003 viewsButty101

Sanctions Reimposed on 08:27 - Sep 9 by thissceptredsaint

Furlough schemes for Germany and France are 24 months
For Australia and Ireland 12 months
For us 8 months

We had a worse first wave than all of those. Schools are getting locked down again within a week of going back. The teachers (and their unions) who btw have been teaching and working through this were right. The crank media and the government weren't. Neither was the leader of the opposition Starmer who went along with Johnson.

All they care about is their massive profits and commercial property portfolios.

You are nothing to them.

I can only assume you have connections to the teaching industry, with the utter rubbish you have spouted.

What were teachers right about exactly?

From where im sat teachers lost any remaining credibility during the pandemic, being a bit to scared to go back. My kids school virtually did nothing - no online tutoring very little contact, and minimal course work. Then the cheeky feckers take 4 inset days last week.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Sanctions Reimposed on 09:56 - Sep 9 with 983 viewsBoris_

Sanctions Reimposed on 09:47 - Sep 9 by Butty101

I can only assume you have connections to the teaching industry, with the utter rubbish you have spouted.

What were teachers right about exactly?

From where im sat teachers lost any remaining credibility during the pandemic, being a bit to scared to go back. My kids school virtually did nothing - no online tutoring very little contact, and minimal course work. Then the cheeky feckers take 4 inset days last week.

Teachers will be known as the cowards of coronavirus. The second they had an inkling they might get a bit more holiday, they were itching to close the schools down.

Once the schools were closed, they sat on their hands and completely refused to engage in any plans to open the schools again before the summer holidays.

I am yet to hear from any parents ( apart from the internet forum fantasy world parents ) that their teachers have been doing any more than an hours work a day during lockdown.

Like I said in another thread, we have people still alive today who faked their ages when they were 15 so they could go to war and die for this country...

...then we have modern day teachers.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2020 9:57]

Poll: Claude Puel

Sanctions Reimposed on 10:08 - Sep 9 with 972 viewsWints76

Teachers at my lads' school have been fantastic. Setting work, offering help, chasing him when he didn't do the work (and chasing us as well so we were aware). I couldn't ask for them to do anymore in the circumstances. I am not sure if they would have signed up to be massacred in a foreign field for next to no reason, but then as half of them wouldn't have even had the vote at that point, I don't think it is a fair comparison.
Sanctions Reimposed on 10:13 - Sep 9 with 964 viewssaint22

Sanctions Reimposed on 09:56 - Sep 9 by Boris_

Teachers will be known as the cowards of coronavirus. The second they had an inkling they might get a bit more holiday, they were itching to close the schools down.

Once the schools were closed, they sat on their hands and completely refused to engage in any plans to open the schools again before the summer holidays.

I am yet to hear from any parents ( apart from the internet forum fantasy world parents ) that their teachers have been doing any more than an hours work a day during lockdown.

Like I said in another thread, we have people still alive today who faked their ages when they were 15 so they could go to war and die for this country...

I am beginning to think you are Dominic Cummings or the editor of The Daily Fail
What a lot of sh1te you talk
Sanctions Reimposed on 10:17 - Sep 9 with 959 viewsBison

The Mrs works in a school ( under 11's) yesterday a teacher reported 2 boys in her class were coughing and said they had been for 3 days and had a temperature so she wanted to send the home and maybe the class as well to isolate.

The Mrs said hang on a second so she phoned the parents up at work , they knew nothing about this cough or temperature. Basically the buggers were trying it on , she said thankfully they have not discovered the other symptoms like lack of taste yet as they would all be trying that on.

But basically the teachers first reaction was to panic and shut things down. I'm not saying it's lazy just that it's a total lack of common sense which I expect will be repeated in schools up and down the country.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Sanctions Reimposed on 10:23 - Sep 9 with 951 viewsButty101

Sanctions Reimposed on 10:13 - Sep 9 by saint22

I am beginning to think you are Dominic Cummings or the editor of The Daily Fail

Dont forget to keep an eye on those burgers.

Login to get fewer ads

Sanctions Reimposed on 10:35 - Sep 9 with 942 viewsWints76

Sanctions Reimposed on 10:17 - Sep 9 by Bison

The Mrs works in a school ( under 11's) yesterday a teacher reported 2 boys in her class were coughing and said they had been for 3 days and had a temperature so she wanted to send the home and maybe the class as well to isolate.

The Mrs said hang on a second so she phoned the parents up at work , they knew nothing about this cough or temperature. Basically the buggers were trying it on , she said thankfully they have not discovered the other symptoms like lack of taste yet as they would all be trying that on.

But basically the teachers first reaction was to panic and shut things down. I'm not saying it's lazy just that it's a total lack of common sense which I expect will be repeated in schools up and down the country.

Believe me, that is not just in schools. Have seen similar reactions in the area I work (public transport) and in libraries as well. Kids will try it on, and now that teacher will have a bit more experience in dealing with it as well. Another thing is, people are still scared. Maybe not so much of the virus (rightly or wrongly), but if that teacher had just ignored the kids and there had been something wrong, she would have been hammered. Obviously the reaction needs to be somewhere in between, and I am sure that next time, it will be. Looks like your Mrs was on the ball though. My Mrs also works in a school, but if she had phoned the parents, she'd still be on the phone now.
Sanctions Reimposed on 10:42 - Sep 9 with 935 viewsBison

Sanctions Reimposed on 10:35 - Sep 9 by Wints76

Believe me, that is not just in schools. Have seen similar reactions in the area I work (public transport) and in libraries as well. Kids will try it on, and now that teacher will have a bit more experience in dealing with it as well. Another thing is, people are still scared. Maybe not so much of the virus (rightly or wrongly), but if that teacher had just ignored the kids and there had been something wrong, she would have been hammered. Obviously the reaction needs to be somewhere in between, and I am sure that next time, it will be. Looks like your Mrs was on the ball though. My Mrs also works in a school, but if she had phoned the parents, she'd still be on the phone now.

Yes she was a young teacher but like you say hopefully she starts gettin a bit street smart. The Mrs worked all though the lockdown due to the need to stay open for the at risk and NHS kids but she does get riled when all they talk about is the teachers , at her school the teachers make up 1/3 of the staff . Nobody consulted them on whether the teachers or unions should have the decision on re- opening they had no choice.

Sanctions Reimposed on 10:55 - Sep 9 with 924 viewsWints76

Sanctions Reimposed on 10:42 - Sep 9 by Bison

Yes she was a young teacher but like you say hopefully she starts gettin a bit street smart. The Mrs worked all though the lockdown due to the need to stay open for the at risk and NHS kids but she does get riled when all they talk about is the teachers , at her school the teachers make up 1/3 of the staff . Nobody consulted them on whether the teachers or unions should have the decision on re- opening they had no choice.

Yep, can relate to that! Same with my Mrs, and me as well I suppose. Don't want a medal, but good to be asked for views
Sanctions Reimposed on 10:59 - Sep 9 with 920 viewsDorsetIan

Sanctions Reimposed on 10:13 - Sep 9 by saint22

I wouldn't take any of it that seriously 22. It the same old stuff just regurgitated over and over.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Sanctions Reimposed on 11:12 - Sep 9 with 909 viewsthissceptredsaint

State school teaching is not an 'industry' it is a vocation and a vital service. Teachers were not 'off' during the pandemic either they were in schools teaching the children of key workers and vulnerable children. When they were at home they were teaching remotely, devising plans, training.

It is you who are talking rubbish, media fed rubbish.

My sons children were getting lessons delivered remotely from their school. It was a bit hit and miss. He caught his 14 year old sitting in bed with a pot knoodle with a Zoom meeting of a teacher doing various aerobics style exercises going on in the background. All the kids had to sign in to the meetings so attendance was monitored and their schools teachers rang parents to check how the kids were doing, if anything they may have got more personal attention whilst holed up.

The teaching unions warned of the threats to staff and the public in letting these little super spreaders meet up in confined spaces. How many schools are back in lock down again already? Do you know?

Here is some research into the effects these superspreaders have on the wider society
It's from Harvard:

https://hms.harvard.edu/news/silent-spreaders
Sanctions Reimposed on 11:17 - Sep 9 with 904 viewsthissceptredsaint

Do peoples lives 'grow on trees?' What's more important? Btw if other countries can afford to furlough for longer why cant we? Lowest number of holidays in Europe, worst pensions in Europe. Why do European workers get this and we don't and whats more we appear grateful to these clowns for pushing the boot down.

We have a magic money tree to give hundreds of millions to fake companies owned by Boris's mates so your argument is void.
Sanctions Reimposed on 11:21 - Sep 9 with 898 viewssaint22

Sanctions Reimposed on 11:17 - Sep 9 by thissceptredsaint

Do peoples lives 'grow on trees?' What's more important? Btw if other countries can afford to furlough for longer why cant we? Lowest number of holidays in Europe, worst pensions in Europe. Why do European workers get this and we don't and whats more we appear grateful to these clowns for pushing the boot down.

We have a magic money tree to give hundreds of millions to fake companies owned by Boris's mates so your argument is void.

You are wasting your time pal, there are those that just don't get it and think BoJo and his clueless band of muppets can do no wrong, whether its covid, brexit, hs2, cummings whatever
They hoodwinked the nation and over time SOME will realise it
Sanctions Reimposed on 11:32 - Sep 9 with 888 viewsBison

Sanctions Reimposed on 11:12 - Sep 9 by thissceptredsaint

State school teaching is not an 'industry' it is a vocation and a vital service. Teachers were not 'off' during the pandemic either they were in schools teaching the children of key workers and vulnerable children. When they were at home they were teaching remotely, devising plans, training.

It is you who are talking rubbish, media fed rubbish.

My sons children were getting lessons delivered remotely from their school. It was a bit hit and miss. He caught his 14 year old sitting in bed with a pot knoodle with a Zoom meeting of a teacher doing various aerobics style exercises going on in the background. All the kids had to sign in to the meetings so attendance was monitored and their schools teachers rang parents to check how the kids were doing, if anything they may have got more personal attention whilst holed up.

The teaching unions warned of the threats to staff and the public in letting these little super spreaders meet up in confined spaces. How many schools are back in lock down again already? Do you know?

Here is some research into the effects these superspreaders have on the wider society
It's from Harvard:

https://hms.harvard.edu/news/silent-spreaders

What are your term costs , sounds like the service a private school would provide.

I had a completely different experience of lockdown to you regarding education. My Mrs worked in a school during lockdown and would beg to differ that your experience was the norm.

As for the unions , most teachers at the school she WORKED in were against the union stance but felt compelled to go with it.

So don't preach as if you are the all knowing sage of education.

As for the teachers on the telly saying how difficult it would be to isolate and organise the school it would be for them , what a load of bollox it was the office and admin staff that did all that work and planning , the teachers saying how hard they worked on it is a load of guff. All they had to do is turn up and keep the kids entertained. That's right the guidelines were no syllabus work could be done as it would cause an unbalance with kids that were off they were just added to babysit that's all.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2020 11:48]

Sanctions Reimposed on 11:58 - Sep 9 with 854 viewsBoris_

Sanctions Reimposed on 11:17 - Sep 9 by thissceptredsaint

Why do you want furlough to be extended? Can you not be arsed to go back to work?

Want want want.

Sanctions Reimposed on 12:27 - Sep 9 with 816 viewsHorndeansaint

Sanctions Reimposed on 09:21 - Sep 9 by kernow

Risk is to be recognized, managed and mitigated, not accepted.

All depends Kernow. If after you recognize it, you manage and mitigate as much as you can but end up with a bit that you can't do any of these to, you have no choice but to accept the remaining element of risk.

Life in general is never risk free, it's how we deal with the risk that counts.
Sanctions Reimposed on 12:46 - Sep 9 with 787 viewsVagina_Dentata

Sanctions Reimposed on 09:56 - Sep 9 by Boris_

I suppose I imagined teaching my key worker kids in school face to face and my class online at the same time, then having my class back in person before the summer.

you can drink your weak lemon drink now.

Sanctions Reimposed on 12:50 - Sep 9 with 777 viewsBoris_

Sanctions Reimposed on 12:46 - Sep 9 by Vagina_Dentata

I suppose I imagined teaching my key worker kids in school face to face and my class online at the same time, then having my class back in person before the summer.

You must be one of the exceptions then mush so please don't take it personally if that is the case, however I can genuinely say that wasn't the case in the vast majority of schools in the Romsey area.

All of my mates kids ( without exception ) were largely ignored during lockdown and work simply passed over to their parents to do with them and certainly had no direct contact from the school for any more than an hour a day.

Your colleagues let you down mush.

Sanctions Reimposed on 12:54 - Sep 9 with 773 viewsVagina_Dentata

Sanctions Reimposed on 12:50 - Sep 9 by Boris_

You must be one of the exceptions then mush so please don't take it personally if that is the case, however I can genuinely say that wasn't the case in the vast majority of schools in the Romsey area.

All of my mates kids ( without exception ) were largely ignored during lockdown and work simply passed over to their parents to do with them and certainly had no direct contact from the school for any more than an hour a day.

Your colleagues let you down mush.

I can assure you that in the area I teach, no Primary age child was left behind. I’m sure there will be some parents in the area who felt their child was. I do know that we are doing our utmost to make everyone’s return be safe and welcoming and to catch up any and all that need it.

It’s a shame you have to use your small study to denigrate all teachers.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2020 12:54]

you can drink your weak lemon drink now.

Sanctions Reimposed on 13:40 - Sep 9 with 752 viewsButty101

Sanctions Reimposed on 12:54 - Sep 9 by Vagina_Dentata

I can assure you that in the area I teach, no Primary age child was left behind. I’m sure there will be some parents in the area who felt their child was. I do know that we are doing our utmost to make everyone’s return be safe and welcoming and to catch up any and all that need it.

You were clearly the exception. Give yourself a pat on the back. In the new forest, the 2 schools my children went to, were next to useless. In fact the youngest in year 2's class, was given reception work so as not to disturb the teachers.......
[Post edited 9 Sep 2020 13:43]

Sanctions Reimposed on 13:58 - Sep 9 with 736 viewsThermosNBlanket

He isn’t the exception my daughter works in a CF school and worked right through.
I saw what she did and as is the norm on here everyone gets tarred same brush and who shouts loudest is believed .
Parents absolve any blame and pass on to teachers when just cant be arsed.

Lifes a marathon not a sprint

Sanctions Reimposed on 14:10 - Sep 9 with 727 viewssaint22

Sanctions Reimposed on 12:54 - Sep 9 by Vagina_Dentata

Thats what narrow minded self serving Tories do I am afraid
Sanctions Reimposed on 14:21 - Sep 9 with 715 viewssolent_toffee

Sanctions Reimposed on 13:58 - Sep 9 by ThermosNBlanket

He isn’t the exception my daughter works in a CF school and worked right through.
I saw what she did and as is the norm on here everyone gets tarred same brush and who shouts loudest is believed .
Parents absolve any blame and pass on to teachers when just cant be arsed.

I have several teachers and teaching assistants in my family all have worked incredibly hard since lockdown and over the summer in preparation for coming back to schools.

I also work on a national programme involving schools and colleges and this is the same right across the country. It’s dead easy to throw out sound bites based on limited knowledge on any given subject, but it’s lazy and futile.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024