Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Signings 14:27 - Sep 17 with 1946 viewsSouthSeaSaint

Any one think there is the possibility of delaying signings until the last moment hoping that prices will tumble due to the parlous state of some club's finances?
If so it is a risky strategy and one which could end up in a panic buy (or two) reminiscent of our transfer strategy in recent times.
New Signings on 14:35 - Sep 17 with 1936 viewsNewdawn2014

How do we attract new talent with these displays , as the bloke behind me ALWAYS shouts constantly ,all the f..... time , " come on Saints we`re better than this "
And we are .
New Signings on 14:51 - Sep 17 with 1909 viewsgrumpy

I know finances are tight at the moment and we have quite a few players on big wages but there is a lot of money earned being a premiership club and we seem to spend so little.
New Signings on 15:30 - Sep 17 with 1865 viewsSonicBoom

I said to a mate last week that everyone talks about the promised land of the PL being awash with cash. But is it?
I guess it is if you are in the top 6 and get all the huge commercial deals. The rest of us?
We have more money than those in the leagues below but we still are relative paupers compared to our competition.

We can buy 15-20 million pound players where other clubs spend 30 mill upwards.
We also get TV money but so do our competition and we have to pay most of it out in wages.
so yes I suppose compared with clubs outside the PL we have cash but in reality I don't think we are any richer in relative terms than we ever have been.
New Signings on 15:33 - Sep 17 with 1858 viewsJaySaint

New Signings on 15:30 - Sep 17 by SonicBoom

I said to a mate last week that everyone talks about the promised land of the PL being awash with cash. But is it?
I guess it is if you are in the top 6 and get all the huge commercial deals. The rest of us?
We have more money than those in the leagues below but we still are relative paupers compared to our competition.

We also get TV money but so do our competition and we have to pay most of it out in wages.
so yes I suppose compared with clubs outside the PL we have cash but in reality I don't think we are any richer in relative terms than we ever have been.

is it not awash with cash as most of said cash goes to the players.

Clubs are not cash rich beyond their owners ploughing mulah into the business

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

New Signings on 15:49 - Sep 17 with 1842 viewscocklebreath

New Signings on 15:33 - Sep 17 by JaySaint

is it not awash with cash as most of said cash goes to the players.

Clubs are not cash rich beyond their owners ploughing mulah into the business

Exactly, the clubs aren’t rich the money goes straight through them to the players and agents, it’s rubbish

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

New Signings on 15:59 - Sep 17 with 1820 viewsWaylander

Seems quite possible to me. There have been multiple stories recently about Hoedt and Boufal shipping out. If those exits happen, then I think we may have the leeway to bring someone in.
New Signings on 17:20 - Sep 17 with 1718 viewssaint22

New Signings on 15:59 - Sep 17 by Waylander

Seems quite possible to me. There have been multiple stories recently about Hoedt and Boufal shipping out. If those exits happen, then I think we may have the leeway to bring someone in.

Well if we don't see at least one CM and ideally another one or CB then we are gonna really struggle
Lets just hope its not another Danso episode.......is he even still here?
What i dont get is the penalty financially for relegation is so huge to not invest and risk that is insane
[Post edited 17 Sep 2020 17:21]
New Signings on 18:10 - Sep 17 with 1664 viewsWaylander

Danso went back
Login to get fewer ads

New Signings on 21:48 - Sep 17 with 1502 viewskingslandstand1

New Signings on 15:30 - Sep 17 by SonicBoom

Villa and Newcastle have been splshing the cash a bit lately, not exactly top 6 though will say probably bigger clubs?
New Signings on 09:56 - Sep 18 with 1298 viewsDorsetIan

Think we are stuck.

Got an owner who (for whatever reason) isn't going to finance us to buy players and a lot of dud players on high wages who few people are going to want to take off our hands.

Meanwhile, my guess is that the owner is holding out for a buyer who is prepared to at least give him back what he put into the club.

I think it's gone beyond the issues of an inability to 'strengthen the squad' - this 'one in one' out transfer restriction means that we can't be nimble in the transfer market. The result is that we've got a very static (and sometimes stale) squad with very little turnover of players and hardly any strength in depth in any position when things needs shaking up.

The success of Ralph last season in turning us around after the Leicester game was miraculous. Let's hope he can pick us up again soon this season. And let's hope we can find a new owner soon too.

In the meantime, Ralph is really saving Gao's blushes, because by rights this 'strapped for cash' owner should already have taken us down.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024