Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where are we on the takeover? 10:16 - Sep 21 with 2274 viewsSonicBoom

Last week the story was everywhere and we were all discussing it. This week it's silent.

I think Adam Blackmore posted something saying that the story was untrue but he hinted that there would be a sale of the club in the next couple of months. Other than that it's gone very quiet - which in takeover terms is a good thing as the prospective buys that make a song and dance are usually full of s h it.

I am coming to the conclusion that whilst a self sustaining model is a nice idea, there are so many teams in the PL league now whose owners are actively investing, I fear we could get left behind. Of course money is no guarantee but it certainly helps when it's sustained investment, even if it just gives you the chance to strengthen when things look grim.
A self sustaining model if fine when you buy well and sell those players for a healthy profit as we have done previously but it only takes 18 months of poor signings and you have a weak squad on long contracts. For example where will we be if Salisu turns out to be another Vestergaard or Hoedt?
I don't want to be owned by Saudi Arabia, or Disney, or even Amazon. I'd just like an owner (like Marcus) who had the will and funds to invest properly when and if we really need it.
Where are we on the takeover? on 11:32 - Sep 21 with 2193 viewsDorsetIan

Don't be fooled, the 'self sustaining model' is just a euphemism for an owner who can't support the club.

We could talk about the poor as adopting a 'self sustaining model'. We don't, we say that they are living from hand to mouth.

That's what we've been doing for the last couple of years and it can't go on indefinitely without something giving eventually.

The real shame of it is that we've got the makings of a good manager and a good team but they are all operating with one hand tied behind their backs.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Where are we on the takeover? on 13:31 - Sep 21 with 2082 viewskingslandstand1

Why can't someone who's local come in with a few bob, let's say Jim Ratcliffe? Well, I say local, I thought he originated from the area and isn't he still trying to get a gaffe in Beaulieu?

I mean he's not anti-sport sponsorship

https://www.ft.com/content/31b5e7e0-5c76-11ea-b0ab-339c2307bcd4
Where are we on the takeover? on 13:48 - Sep 21 with 2058 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Where are we on the takeover? on 13:31 - Sep 21 by kingslandstand1

Why can't someone who's local come in with a few bob, let's say Jim Ratcliffe? Well, I say local, I thought he originated from the area and isn't he still trying to get a gaffe in Beaulieu?

I mean he's not anti-sport sponsorship

https://www.ft.com/content/31b5e7e0-5c76-11ea-b0ab-339c2307bcd4

He's also a Man Utd fan ...

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Where are we on the takeover? on 14:41 - Sep 21 with 1990 viewskingslandstand1

Where are we on the takeover? on 13:48 - Sep 21 by Gennaro_Contaldo

He's also a Man Utd fan ...

Could tell by his Surrey accent ....................

Ok, so maybe not wanting to be owned by a Man U fan, but if he's got any spare pocket money, and he does seem to have an interest in sport ownership/sponsorship we could help him out?

Also, I'd like to think he's not after making a massive return on his money as a priority?

Still, we can always dream
Where are we on the takeover? on 14:45 - Sep 21 with 1990 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Where are we on the takeover? on 14:41 - Sep 21 by kingslandstand1

Could tell by his Surrey accent ....................

Ok, so maybe not wanting to be owned by a Man U fan, but if he's got any spare pocket money, and he does seem to have an interest in sport ownership/sponsorship we could help him out?

Also, I'd like to think he's not after making a massive return on his money as a priority?

Still, we can always dream

I think he always comes up every time there is a takeover discussion based on his locality, but I believe he just has zero interest. Although that may have changed?

I can't see the club being sold at the moment, everything is up in the air and risky thanks to Coronavirus. Unless this American thing IS real ...

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Where are we on the takeover? on 15:29 - Sep 21 with 1955 viewsSonicBoom

I'm sure Adam Blackmore said this latest bid has no substance but he expects a sale with a few months...
I guess he must know something...
Where are we on the takeover? on 15:47 - Sep 21 with 1936 viewskingslandstand1

Where are we on the takeover? on 15:29 - Sep 21 by SonicBoom

I'm sure Adam Blackmore said this latest bid has no substance but he expects a sale with a few months...
I guess he must know something...

He did say it was BS in a tweet, but at the end of the day, although he is more ITK than anyone of here with his club contacts, at the end of the day he is a journalist and they are not always right
Where are we on the takeover? on 20:10 - Sep 21 with 1795 viewsTripleNiemi

Where are we on the takeover? on 14:45 - Sep 21 by Gennaro_Contaldo

I think he always comes up every time there is a takeover discussion based on his locality, but I believe he just has zero interest. Although that may have changed?

I can't see the club being sold at the moment, everything is up in the air and risky thanks to Coronavirus. Unless this American thing IS real ...

I think anyone buying a football club in the current climate would need their scruples checked. The whole world, let alone football is in utter chaos.

With regards to buying Saints, if i had any interest i thonk i would hold off until at least the end of season as we could be available far more cheaply if the hierachy don't sort the bloødy defensive shambles out.

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Login to get fewer ads

Where are we on the takeover? on 20:26 - Sep 21 with 1774 viewsSadoldgit

Where are we on the takeover? on 20:10 - Sep 21 by TripleNiemi

I think anyone buying a football club in the current climate would need their scruples checked. The whole world, let alone football is in utter chaos.

With regards to buying Saints, if i had any interest i thonk i would hold off until at least the end of season as we could be available far more cheaply if the hierachy don't sort the bloødy defensive shambles out.

Any value we have to anyone else must be as a Premier club.
Where are we on the takeover? on 09:13 - Sep 22 with 1559 viewsSonicBoom

Exactly.
If we slip to the championship our value as a club would go down. OK that makes us cheaper to buy, but also means the new owners would need to spend to get us back up with no guarantee of success.
If there is someone out there wanting to buy us then now is as good a time as any - whilst we still have the golden ticket that is PL membership - and whilst we are still early in the season.
Where are we on the takeover? on 09:52 - Sep 22 with 1522 viewsDorsetIan

Where are we on the takeover? on 09:13 - Sep 22 by SonicBoom

Exactly.
If we slip to the championship our value as a club would go down. OK that makes us cheaper to buy, but also means the new owners would need to spend to get us back up with no guarantee of success.
If there is someone out there wanting to buy us then now is as good a time as any - whilst we still have the golden ticket that is PL membership - and whilst we are still early in the season.

...and ideally before the transfer window closes.

You'd hope that the same logic applies to Gao - that he would know that his best chance of recouping his money is to sell sooner rather than later.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Where are we on the takeover? on 14:03 - Sep 22 with 1409 viewsbenalisbroom

Where are we on the takeover? on 15:47 - Sep 21 by kingslandstand1

He did say it was BS in a tweet, but at the end of the day, although he is more ITK than anyone of here with his club contacts, at the end of the day he is a journalist and they are not always right

His tweet could easily be influenced by an informal exclusivity agreement. In that case, the club would likely brief him that it’s not happening to protect a major deal.
Where are we on the takeover? on 15:33 - Sep 22 with 1373 viewskingslandstand1

Where are we on the takeover? on 14:03 - Sep 22 by benalisbroom

His tweet could easily be influenced by an informal exclusivity agreement. In that case, the club would likely brief him that it’s not happening to protect a major deal.

I think I hope you're right but know B/all about the American and intentions
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024