Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jordan Pickford 09:57 - Oct 19 with 2595 viewsSaintNick

I know some are delighted by his challenge on Van Dijk, but I have to say the man is a danger to other players, remember what he did to Danny Ings a couple of years ago.

In some respects the way he flies in feet first with no concerns about who he may injure is cowardly, as a keeper he should be using his hands not his feet, but he prefers to hurt others than risk hurting himself.

Before anyone starts this is not a Liverpool thing, I said the same thing two years ago and nothing since has changed my mind, he should have been sent off against us two years ago he should have been sent off on Saturday and several other incidents for both club and country inbetween.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Jordan Pickford on 10:19 - Oct 19 with 1513 viewsgreen

Well said. As much as people may dislike Liverpool football team I wish no injuries on any player.
Jordan Pickford on 10:31 - Oct 19 with 1493 viewsdirk_doone

The only thing that will stop him is a long ban. Apparently, he didn't get a red card because the VAR referee was too busy concentrating on getting the offside decision wrong. VAR is just another referee sitting in front of a TV screen and sometimes he is more incompetent than the one on the pitch.

Also, there was a similarity between Werner's 2nd goal against us and Maradona's infamous 'hand of God' goal. When I saw it in real time, it seemed odd how he'd managed to get the ball past the goalkeeper and of course a replay later showed that he did it with his arm. That's 2 points we were robbed of.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2020 10:35]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Jordan Pickford on 10:37 - Oct 19 with 1473 viewsChesham_Saint

On a human level I wouldn’t want any player to get seriously injured as it is their livelihood after all. On a more shallow, irrational football tribalism level VVD is an arrogant tosser and deserves some pain - plus it winds up those self-pitying, whinging vvankers of fans, so what’s not to like?

You’re right about Pickford though - he needs banning.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Jordan Pickford on 10:38 - Oct 19 with 1472 viewssolent_toffee

Jordan Pickford on 10:31 - Oct 19 by dirk_doone

The only thing that will stop him is a long ban. Apparently, he didn't get a red card because the VAR referee was too busy concentrating on getting the offside decision wrong. VAR is just another referee sitting in front of a TV screen and sometimes he is more incompetent than the one on the pitch.

Also, there was a similarity between Werner's 2nd goal against us and Maradona's infamous 'hand of God' goal. When I saw it in real time, it seemed odd how he'd managed to get the ball past the goalkeeper and of course a replay later showed that he did it with his arm. That's 2 points we were robbed of.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2020 10:35]

When you say a long ban do you mean a three game ban or more? It was a reckless clumsy challenge, absolutely no getting away from it and he should have been punished at the time.

But the fallout since has been laughable as much as it’s been predictable. Against any other team and any other player it would get no way near this amount of coverage.

Anymore than a three game ban is ridiculous regardless of whether Pickford is a clown.
Jordan Pickford on 10:43 - Oct 19 with 1463 viewsdirk_doone

Jordan Pickford on 10:38 - Oct 19 by solent_toffee

When you say a long ban do you mean a three game ban or more? It was a reckless clumsy challenge, absolutely no getting away from it and he should have been punished at the time.

But the fallout since has been laughable as much as it’s been predictable. Against any other team and any other player it would get no way near this amount of coverage.

Anymore than a three game ban is ridiculous regardless of whether Pickford is a clown.

A three game ban for a first offence but if he does exactly the same thing again to injure another player, perhaps a longer ban should be considered. Imagine the fallout if an outfield player had done the same thing to Pickford.

I'm seriously concerned for Ings' safety when he faces him again.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Jordan Pickford on 10:46 - Oct 19 with 1450 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

It was a very clumsy challenge and he's put a player out of action for a while, so I agree that a retrospective ban of 3 games and a fine, is fair.

Anything more would be ridiculous.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Jordan Pickford on 10:56 - Oct 19 with 1436 viewsChesham_Saint

Jordan Pickford on 10:46 - Oct 19 by Gennaro_Contaldo

It was a very clumsy challenge and he's put a player out of action for a while, so I agree that a retrospective ban of 3 games and a fine, is fair.

Anything more would be ridiculous.

I agree a 3 game ban. It’s not as if he took a Cantona Kung fu style flying side kick...well almost.

Jordan Pickford on 10:58 - Oct 19 with 1435 viewssolent_toffee

Jordan Pickford on 10:43 - Oct 19 by dirk_doone

A three game ban for a first offence but if he does exactly the same thing again to injure another player, perhaps a longer ban should be considered. Imagine the fallout if an outfield player had done the same thing to Pickford.

I'm seriously concerned for Ings' safety when he faces him again.

They can’t just change the rules because Pickford is a biff. Each case is based on its own, if they took first, second, third offences etc, Steven Gerrard would be looking at a year ban purely based on tackles he did in derby games.
Login to get fewer ads

Jordan Pickford on 11:06 - Oct 19 with 1426 viewsChesham_Saint

Jordan Pickford on 10:58 - Oct 19 by solent_toffee

They can’t just change the rules because Pickford is a biff. Each case is based on its own, if they took first, second, third offences etc, Steven Gerrard would be looking at a year ban purely based on tackles he did in derby games.

It should have been a straight red though Toffs. Is that usually a 2 game ban then? Love your comments re Gerrard btw. Spot on.

Jordan Pickford on 11:20 - Oct 19 with 1413 viewssolent_toffee

Jordan Pickford on 11:06 - Oct 19 by Chesham_Saint

It should have been a straight red though Toffs. Is that usually a 2 game ban then? Love your comments re Gerrard btw. Spot on.

I thought it should have been a straight red at the time and he would have got pelters for it and rightly so. But he didn’t and so will probably get a three game retrospective ban and that should be the end of it.
Jordan Pickford on 11:22 - Oct 19 with 1407 viewssaint22

Pickford being a total loose cannon aside the big issue here is VAR
Its there if the referee makes a clear and obvious error which he did so why wasn't he alerted by those in VAR room?
Jordan Pickford on 11:23 - Oct 19 with 1407 viewsChesham_Saint

Jordan Pickford on 11:20 - Oct 19 by solent_toffee

I thought it should have been a straight red at the time and he would have got pelters for it and rightly so. But he didn’t and so will probably get a three game retrospective ban and that should be the end of it.

Not for VVD and his adoring red hordes though, eh?

Jordan Pickford on 11:26 - Oct 19 with 1406 viewssolent_toffee

Jordan Pickford on 11:23 - Oct 19 by Chesham_Saint

Not for VVD and his adoring red hordes though, eh?

The internet is a very scary place and some of the things I’ve seen and read in the last two days have been off the scale. Football player gets tackled (badly) and injured. Death threats, legal proceedings, petitions, it’s all very strange.
Jordan Pickford on 12:10 - Oct 19 with 1371 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Jordan Pickford on 11:26 - Oct 19 by solent_toffee

The internet is a very scary place and some of the things I’ve seen and read in the last two days have been off the scale. Football player gets tackled (badly) and injured. Death threats, legal proceedings, petitions, it’s all very strange.

That's social media all over, it's given kids and weirdos a platform.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Jordan Pickford on 12:41 - Oct 19 with 1334 viewssolent_toffee

Jordan Pickford on 11:06 - Oct 19 by Chesham_Saint

Looks like that’s that then.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54601721

Pickford will never be able to go to Cornwall, Devon or Norway again, but hopefully can move on from this.
Jordan Pickford on 13:01 - Oct 19 with 1312 viewsChesham_Saint

Jordan Pickford on 12:41 - Oct 19 by solent_toffee

Looks like that’s that then.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54601721

Pickford will never be able to go to Cornwall, Devon or Norway again, but hopefully can move on from this.

New York and Hong Kong will also be off-limits....

Jordan Pickford on 13:05 - Oct 19 with 1308 viewsBazza

FA bottling it and yet again proving their pathetic lack of leadership.
Jordan Pickford on 13:07 - Oct 19 with 1301 viewsButty101

Jordan Pickford on 10:19 - Oct 19 by green

Well said. As much as people may dislike Liverpool football team I wish no injuries on any player.

I created the thread and certainly wouldnt wish an injury on anyone. It might well be a career ending injury.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Jordan Pickford on 13:10 - Oct 19 with 1294 viewssolent_toffee

Jordan Pickford on 13:01 - Oct 19 by Chesham_Saint

New York and Hong Kong will also be off-limits....

They have another campaign to get behind now as well...

Taken from RAWK (honestly, it’s one of the most messed up places on the Internet).

There was a 50/50 challenge between Mane and Digne in the 2nd half where both had their legs raised, both looking at the ball and both clattered into each other with high feet, yet only 1 of them got booked. As a result of that I have raised the matter with the Kick It Out campaign as I think Michael Oliver needs to justify that the decisions he made on Saturday weren't due to a racist bias. This is not a frivolous action, racism should not be tolerated in any form and has no place in society, but I think Mr Oliver needs to justify that his decisions were not based on race or colour and so hiding behind the referee's privilege is not an option for him and he needs to explain his actions both on the Mane booking and the lack of action against Pickford (both incidents involved white against black, both times he found in favour of the white player).
Jordan Pickford on 13:40 - Oct 19 with 1271 viewsScoot

I watched it on BeIn sports, in a bar in Rhodes and that fat bald twwat Andy Grey was doing the punditry in the studio and at half time he said there was nothing wrong with the challenge but Richard Keys argued.
Andy then said its only dangerous if you intend to take someone out of the game. Vvd is now out for the season.

Poll: Should NJ go?

Jordan Pickford on 14:10 - Oct 19 with 1243 viewsSaintNick

I am not saying he should have had a longer than three game ban, but he has a history of reckless challenges going back to when he nearly cut Danny Ings in half two years ago, for that challenge he should have been red carded but the ref saw nothing wrong despite the fact Ings shirt was sliced from his back by Pickfords studs.

I can't say I have said this many times about a player, but Pickford has no regard for other players safety, this wasnt a hard tackle it was a deliberate attempt to hurt someone.

There are other instances pf Pickford having rushes of blood to the head and doing stupid things not all neccessarily dangerous, there is something seriously wrong with him mentally

Jordan Pickford on 14:24 - Oct 19 with 1234 viewssolent_toffee

Jordan Pickford on 14:10 - Oct 19 by SaintNick

I am not saying he should have had a longer than three game ban, but he has a history of reckless challenges going back to when he nearly cut Danny Ings in half two years ago, for that challenge he should have been red carded but the ref saw nothing wrong despite the fact Ings shirt was sliced from his back by Pickfords studs.

I can't say I have said this many times about a player, but Pickford has no regard for other players safety, this wasnt a hard tackle it was a deliberate attempt to hurt someone.

There are other instances pf Pickford having rushes of blood to the head and doing stupid things not all neccessarily dangerous, there is something seriously wrong with him mentally

I wouldn’t disagree with you regarding his mentality, I think his concentration levels for a goalkeeper are appalling. I used to think he would often let the crowd get to him (which he does) but he’s even worse in empty stadiums over the past few months.

I disagree with about him deliberately trying to hurt someone though, I genuinely don’t believe that he could or would, not in he’s not that type of player/person kind of way, more his action are more stupid than malicious.
Jordan Pickford on 14:37 - Oct 19 with 1221 viewsSaintNick

Jordan Pickford on 14:24 - Oct 19 by solent_toffee

I wouldn’t disagree with you regarding his mentality, I think his concentration levels for a goalkeeper are appalling. I used to think he would often let the crowd get to him (which he does) but he’s even worse in empty stadiums over the past few months.

I disagree with about him deliberately trying to hurt someone though, I genuinely don’t believe that he could or would, not in he’s not that type of player/person kind of way, more his action are more stupid than malicious.

I would accept that he is not that sort of person normally, but he just has these moments of madness where he can't control his actions and he flies in without thinking.

So I think you are right he doesn't set out to hurt someone, but once the red mist has descended he has lost control so therefore is a danger to other players on the field, so yes they are stupid actions but that is no excuse for the malicious way they end up.

If Pickford wasn't a footballer he would be one of those that you see in pubs, when they get in an argument they end up losing it completely

Jordan Pickford on 14:42 - Oct 19 with 1213 viewsBison

Jordan Pickford on 14:24 - Oct 19 by solent_toffee

Check out Lewis Dunk's red card against Palace yesterday , not much difference really.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Jordan Pickford on 14:48 - Oct 19 with 1204 viewssolent_toffee

Jordan Pickford on 14:37 - Oct 19 by SaintNick

I would accept that he is not that sort of person normally, but he just has these moments of madness where he can't control his actions and he flies in without thinking.

So I think you are right he doesn't set out to hurt someone, but once the red mist has descended he has lost control so therefore is a danger to other players on the field, so yes they are stupid actions but that is no excuse for the malicious way they end up.

If Pickford wasn't a footballer he would be one of those that you see in pubs, when they get in an argument they end up losing it completely

I think most Evertonians are getting behind and standing up for Pickford to a degree especially with the ongoing social media onslaught on him. But I think there’s a fair percentage of them, myself included, who would have accepted the three game ban and seen him taken out of the team for pure footballing reasons in that he has been a liability for a while now and there’s no sign of him getting his head down and having a ‘normal’ spell. Will be interesting to see who plays on Sunday because I think Ancelotti will be thinking on the same lines.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024