Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do the players want Warburton to be brown bread? 20:35 - Oct 27 with 5183 viewsJogo

After the whole dropping Manning and BOS thing, do you get the impression the players have downed tools on Warburton?
Do the players want Warburton to be brown bread? on 20:37 - Oct 27 with 3841 viewsTGRRRSSS

Warburton hasnt been anywhere very long, personally I think he falls out with people sooner rather than later, but this season was always going to be tough losing, Hugill, Wells, Eze, Hall.

Personally never been totally sold on Warburton but you couldnt argue with some of our results last season.
Do the players want Warburton to be brown bread? on 20:42 - Oct 27 with 3808 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Not a hope have they downed tools.

Their work-rate has been excellent today.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Do the players want Warburton to be brown bread? on 20:50 - Oct 27 with 3742 views2Thomas2Bowles

Needs to be binned

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Do the players want Warburton to be brown bread? on 20:59 - Oct 27 with 3642 viewsHunterhoop

Absolutely not.

They continued to work hard. Several of them, Kakay especially, were busting a gut right until the end. Dykes was battling manfully.

Barbet’s behaviour in the last 15 was shameful as the senior pro with so many kids around. I’d be taking him to task for that in a 1-1 tonight away from the others, but the rest of the squad kept on.
Do the players want Warburton to be brown bread? on 21:04 - Oct 27 with 3580 viewsJuzzie

Hugill and Wells were loan players and their destiny was always short term and out of our control. We can’t keep getting hung up on the fact they left the club because it was always going to happen and nothing we could do about it.

[Post edited 27 Oct 2020 21:07]
Do the players want Warburton to be brown bread? on 21:08 - Oct 27 with 3524 viewsstevec

It’s worse than that. Players are trying but most just aren’t up to it.

3 players in from the Scottish League and it’s obvious this league is beyond them. 4 year contracts to players who are never going to do anything other than struggle at this level.

Warburton will likely be gone by the next international break, but it’s not just him, those above him may have a direction but are clueless how to get there.
Do the players want Warburton to be brown bread? on 21:15 - Oct 27 with 3456 viewspaulparker

Do the players want Warburton to be brown bread? on 21:08 - Oct 27 by stevec

3 players in from the Scottish League and it’s obvious this league is beyond them. 4 year contracts to players who are never going to do anything other than struggle at this level.

Warburton will likely be gone by the next international break, but it’s not just him, those above him may have a direction but are clueless how to get there.

Great post
I think Warburton is done but what about our DOF ? 6 mangers in 5 years , countless millions wasted
Players leaving on frees or for a pittance , I know il get the usual stick but Les is not a DOF he kept the ship a float after the debacle of Hughes & Redknapp but we are 5 years along and heading into league one with a whimper

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Do the players want Warburton to be brown bread? on 21:16 - Oct 27 with 3431 viewsLblock

Do the players want Warburton to be brown bread? on 21:08 - Oct 27 by stevec

Agreed

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Login to get fewer ads

Do the players want Warburton to be brown bread? on 21:18 - Oct 27 with 3413 viewsMalintabuk

Not sure if the question should be down tools on Warburton or on the club?
We all have different views but what binds us is the love of this frustrating neurotic club
In my 50 odd years of suffering this there have been a few bright spots the 67 team...... the 76 team.... early 90s team and Bobby
It seems though that the club is toxic and whoever comes in just can't change it..... from chronic mis management
Sack or Warbs leaves will not make any difference. Sack the management and most likely that won't either..... sling the owners out and it would implode more......
If someone could say what as to be done and could do it.... then please step forward
Do the players want Warburton to be brown bread? on 21:19 - Oct 27 with 3405 viewsdaveB

Do the players want Warburton to be brown bread? on 21:15 - Oct 27 by paulparker

Great post
I think Warburton is done but what about our DOF ? 6 mangers in 5 years , countless millions wasted
Players leaving on frees or for a pittance , I know il get the usual stick but Les is not a DOF he kept the ship a float after the debacle of Hughes & Redknapp but we are 5 years along and heading into league one with a whimper

Personally think Ferdinand has done some very good work at the club but the contract situations with Manning, Hall, Lumley and now Bright don't reflect well on him plus the 4 year deal given to Niko who I'm sorry to say looks average at best, if we are in a relegation battle this year, which looks likely, he'll do well to keep his job
Do the players want Warburton to be brown bread? on 21:19 - Oct 27 with 3399 viewsHunterhoop

Do the players want Warburton to be brown bread? on 21:15 - Oct 27 by paulparker

Great post

Well he’s also got the wage bill down from £70m to £17m and kept us in the same league (for now). So, yeah, I don’t pin this on him. We’re producing first teamers from the youth set up (weren’t before), selling them in for big money (weren’t before), but the current first team looks a bit of a mess.

I strongly still back Les and Hoos.

Warburton has 3-5 games for me, dependent on performance. You can’t afford to get too far behind in this league regardless of manager, and we cannot go down.
Do the players want Warburton to be brown bread? on 21:28 - Oct 27 with 3298 viewspaulparker

Do the players want Warburton to be brown bread? on 21:19 - Oct 27 by Hunterhoop

Well he’s also got the wage bill down from £70m to £17m and kept us in the same league (for now). So, yeah, I don’t pin this on him. We’re producing first teamers from the youth set up (weren’t before), selling them in for big money (weren’t before), but the current first team looks a bit of a mess.

Warburton has 3-5 games for me, dependent on performance. You can’t afford to get too far behind in this league regardless of manager, and we cannot go down.

If we go down this year the club is fcuked , that I agree with
And yes I also agree re the wage bill, but how much of that parachute money did we waste, how many players have we gone through in this time
We could of had warnock for a second time but Les didn’t want him ( I don’t buy that warnock turned us down btw)
JFH, Ramsey, Mclaren all poor appointments , I’ve not been warburtons biggest fan but this transfer window has been poor , we were crying out for full backs and a decent centre back , you build from the back , not with wingers
Dave B is right the carry on with Hall, manning, BOS , has cost the club potential millions
I just don’t know where we go from here , the board are useless, Les as DOF hasn’t worked and we have a manager who is to stubborn to change it

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Do the players want Warburton to be brown bread? on 21:30 - Oct 27 with 3272 viewskensalriser

So we throw one manager off the merry go round and pick up one of the last ones that another club recently threw off. What do we hope to gain from that?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Do the players want Warburton to be brown bread? on 21:36 - Oct 27 with 3241 viewsbaz_qpr

Do the players want Warburton to be brown bread? on 21:19 - Oct 27 by daveB

Personally think Ferdinand has done some very good work at the club but the contract situations with Manning, Hall, Lumley and now Bright don't reflect well on him plus the 4 year deal given to Niko who I'm sorry to say looks average at best, if we are in a relegation battle this year, which looks likely, he'll do well to keep his job

TBF - Manning was fringe until repurposed at left back, Bright was pony until the middle third of last year after stagnating for 18 months, Hall has been injured more than not, and Lumley had a disastrous season. We could not afford to offer pay increases or long contracts to what were mediocre players.

The Niko deal however looks nuts unless it was peanuts because he looks well below the standard
Do the players want Warburton to be brown bread? on 21:42 - Oct 27 with 3202 viewsMedwayR

Do the players want Warburton to be brown bread? on 21:04 - Oct 27 by Juzzie

Hugill and Wells were loan players and their destiny was always short term and out of our control. We can’t keep getting hung up on the fact they left the club because it was always going to happen and nothing we could do about it.

[Post edited 27 Oct 2020 21:07]

You’re right but we still miss their goals, quality and perhaps most importantly at the moment their experience.

Poll: Who’s better?

Do the players want Warburton to be brown bread? on 21:56 - Oct 27 with 3126 viewsqprd

I will repeat again: This new approach of benching players who dont resign contracts is beyond inane

We are depreciating the value of our assets (manning should never have been sold for 250k) and brights market value is dropping as we speak

but perhaps more relevantly, we are just not good enough to be d*cking around with our best team... say what you like about manning, but he is the best left back we had on the squad... bright is arguably the best player we've got (which is a damning indictment in and of itself)

WE ARE NOT IN A POSITION TO BE DROPPING OUR BEST PLAYERS. Our squad is not good- we lost nearly 45 goals between eze hugill and wells- we cannot afford to sit good players over contract disputes while they are under contract

Why are we going along with this moronic transfer approach? Who cares if players are committed to playing for us beyond this year if we're in League one? And is MW going to be here in 12 months if this continues like this?

finally, manning and bright are really popular in the dressing room.... why are we poisoning the dressing room with contract nonsense?
Do the players want Warburton to be brown bread? on 22:28 - Oct 27 with 3006 viewsozexile

Agree. You can't hold someone to ransom who doesn't care either way. Player still gets paid here and a big signing on fee elsewhere.
Do the players want Warburton to be brown bread? on 22:46 - Oct 27 with 2938 viewsQPR_John

Do the players want Warburton to be brown bread? on 21:19 - Oct 27 by Hunterhoop

"We’re producing first teamers from the youth set up (weren’t before), selling them in for big money (weren’t before), "

Apart from Eze who are you thinking of.

Maybe we have a firefighter as DOF, who arguably has steadied the ship, but now need a different kind of talent.
Do the players want Warburton to be brown bread? on 22:49 - Oct 27 with 2929 viewsNorthantsHoop

I have felt for three or four seasons now that we look lightweight compared to most of the other teams in the Championship. By lightweight I mean lots of teams have 6ft plus players, Millwall, Stoke, Watford and Brentford to name a few. Even Warburton acknowledged we were playing against giants in the Millwall home game last season, this is the modern footballer the best players are 6ft plus, muscular and able to intimidate and impose themselves on the opposition.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2020 22:50]
Do the players want Warburton to be brown bread? on 22:55 - Oct 27 with 2893 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Do the players want Warburton to be brown bread? on 22:49 - Oct 27 by NorthantsHoop

I have felt for three or four seasons now that we look lightweight compared to most of the other teams in the Championship. By lightweight I mean lots of teams have 6ft plus players, Millwall, Stoke, Watford and Brentford to name a few. Even Warburton acknowledged we were playing against giants in the Millwall home game last season, this is the modern footballer the best players are 6ft plus, muscular and able to intimidate and impose themselves on the opposition.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2020 22:50]

Watford I don't think we've played recently in the league?

Brentford were more "lightweight" but bulked up in recent years but with similar results.

You'd rather we were like Stoke or Millwall?
[Post edited 27 Oct 2020 22:56]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Do the players want Warburton to be brown bread? on 23:01 - Oct 27 with 2864 viewsNorthantsHoop

Do the players want Warburton to be brown bread? on 22:55 - Oct 27 by CliveWilsonSaid

Watford I don't think we've played recently in the league?

Brentford were more "lightweight" but bulked up in recent years but with similar results.

You'd rather we were like Stoke or Millwall?
[Post edited 27 Oct 2020 22:56]

No not really, we just need to harden up, seen as a soft touch.
Do the players want Warburton to be brown bread? on 01:49 - Oct 28 with 2736 viewstimcocking

Do the players want Warburton to be brown bread? on 21:18 - Oct 27 by Malintabuk

Not sure if the question should be down tools on Warburton or on the club?
We all have different views but what binds us is the love of this frustrating neurotic club
In my 50 odd years of suffering this there have been a few bright spots the 67 team...... the 76 team.... early 90s team and Bobby
It seems though that the club is toxic and whoever comes in just can't change it..... from chronic mis management
Sack or Warbs leaves will not make any difference. Sack the management and most likely that won't either..... sling the owners out and it would implode more......
If someone could say what as to be done and could do it.... then please step forward

Well, ironically, one cheap way to improve a team beyond all measure is actually pretty easy. Keep the same players and squad together in the same formations and position and develop cohesion over time.

Which is, obviously, never going to happen in this day and age.
Do the players want Warburton to be brown bread? on 07:16 - Oct 28 with 2587 viewsdistortR

Do the players want Warburton to be brown bread? on 01:49 - Oct 28 by timcocking

Well, ironically, one cheap way to improve a team beyond all measure is actually pretty easy. Keep the same players and squad together in the same formations and position and develop cohesion over time.

Which is, obviously, never going to happen in this day and age.

totally agree mate. We are not a cohesive unit yet - another new team enforced on us, wage bill down - which has had to happen. It's not quite working yet - but give it time.

The players need to cut the stupid mistakes that are costing us dearly.
Do the players want Warburton to be brown bread? on 08:05 - Oct 28 with 2499 viewstoboboly

Do the players want Warburton to be brown bread? on 22:46 - Oct 27 by QPR_John

"We’re producing first teamers from the youth set up (weren’t before), selling them in for big money (weren’t before), "

Apart from Eze who are you thinking of.

Maybe we have a firefighter as DOF, who arguably has steadied the ship, but now need a different kind of talent.

Furlong, Bowler, Manning all brought through and sold . Smithies, Freeman bought in developed and sold.

Probably others.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Do the players want Warburton to be brown bread? on 08:35 - Oct 28 with 2452 viewspaulparker

Do the players want Warburton to be brown bread? on 08:05 - Oct 28 by toboboly

Furlong, Bowler, Manning all brought through and sold . Smithies, Freeman bought in developed and sold.

Probably others.

All sold for peanuts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024