Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
JWP Withdeawn From England Squad 11:02 - Nov 10 with 1417 viewsTimSaint

Saints have withdrawn JWP from the England squad for the coming round of games / friendlies, due to a tight hamstring.

It is a precautionary measure and hopefully he can use the international break to get back to full fitness (and form) in time for out next game away to Wolves.

The same sentiment goes for Bertrand.

Anyone have an Ingsy update ?

TimSaint

JWP Withdeawn From England Squad on 13:52 - Nov 10 with 1347 viewskingslandstand1

Glad about JWP. Let's face it, he'll be a bench warmer as the latest "big 6" apprentice who has sat on their benches will queue jump and get the start they haven't worked for

Get ready for Wolves JWP!
JWP Withdeawn From England Squad on 14:09 - Nov 10 with 1345 viewsBazza

JWP Withdeawn From England Squad on 13:52 - Nov 10 by kingslandstand1

Glad about JWP. Let's face it, he'll be a bench warmer as the latest "big 6" apprentice who has sat on their benches will queue jump and get the start they haven't worked for

I agree, after a promising start Southgate has lost the plot dragging in inexperienced wonder boys from Top 6 (not usually us!) instead of the in-form players from other teams
JWP Withdeawn From England Squad on 14:12 - Nov 10 with 1341 viewssaint22

JWP Withdeawn From England Squad on 14:09 - Nov 10 by Bazza

I agree, after a promising start Southgate has lost the plot dragging in inexperienced wonder boys from Top 6 (not usually us!) instead of the in-form players from other teams

called up bellingham
classic
JWP Withdeawn From England Squad on 14:43 - Nov 10 with 1327 viewsTimSaint

JWP Withdeawn From England Squad on 14:12 - Nov 10 by saint22

called up bellingham
classic

He is 17 FFS

Bypasses the Under 18s and the Under 21s in one swoop.
Reminds me of when Theo was picked for the world cup squad at 16.

TimSaint

JWP Withdeawn From England Squad on 14:47 - Nov 10 with 1324 viewskingslandstand1

JWP Withdeawn From England Squad on 14:43 - Nov 10 by TimSaint

He is 17 FFS

For experience apparently - oh, and he was by then playing for Arsenal who were a decent team back then, although he wasn't featuring in many games for 90 minutes
JWP Withdeawn From England Squad on 15:33 - Nov 10 with 1294 viewssaint22

JWP Withdeawn From England Squad on 14:43 - Nov 10 by TimSaint

He is 17 FFS

this is one reason southgate fails as england manager he constantly picks the current hot properties and never has fixed squad/team with one or two deserved additions

Didn't he used to moan as U21 manager that too many players got called up to quickly??
JWP Withdeawn From England Squad on 16:46 - Nov 10 with 1254 viewsdirk_doone

JWP Withdeawn From England Squad on 13:52 - Nov 10 by kingslandstand1

Most of the Wolves team have had to fly out to play for their country, Portugal, whose games with France and Croatia will be tough ones.

"Wolves will be without the majority of their first-team squad for the next nine days with 14 players set to represent their national teams during the upcoming international period."

https://www.wolves.co.uk/news/first-team/20201110-internationals-fourteen-wolves
[Post edited 10 Nov 2020 17:02]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

JWP Withdeawn From England Squad on 17:48 - Nov 10 with 1204 viewskingslandstand1

JWP Withdeawn From England Squad on 16:46 - Nov 10 by dirk_doone

Most of the Wolves team have had to fly out to play for their country, Portugal, whose games with France and Croatia will be tough ones.

"Wolves will be without the majority of their first-team squad for the next nine days with 14 players set to represent their national teams during the upcoming international period."

https://www.wolves.co.uk/news/first-team/20201110-internationals-fourteen-wolves
[Post edited 10 Nov 2020 17:02]

That's what happens when they rely on the same agent who happens to be Portuguese for nearly all of their imports, good players as they are
Login to get fewer ads

JWP Withdeawn From England Squad on 18:11 - Nov 10 with 1185 viewsdirk_doone

JWP Withdeawn From England Squad on 17:48 - Nov 10 by kingslandstand1

That's what happens when they rely on the same agent who happens to be Portuguese for nearly all of their imports, good players as they are

It's even worse for Boly. He has to fly to the Ivory Coast and Madagascar. He's going to need a few days to recover from that.

JWP Withdeawn From England Squad on 19:36 - Nov 10 with 1141 viewskernow

Glad to hear about his withdrawal, not his problem hamstring.
JWP Withdeawn From England Squad on 00:08 - Nov 11 with 1052 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

JWP Withdeawn From England Squad on 14:12 - Nov 10 by saint22

called up bellingham
classic

Who the hell is Bellingham? I'm off to Google ...

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

JWP Withdeawn From England Squad on 07:27 - Nov 11 with 991 viewscocklebreath

JWP Withdeawn From England Squad on 00:08 - Nov 11 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Who the hell is Bellingham? I'm off to Google ...

That’s what I did.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

JWP Withdeawn From England Squad on 08:39 - Nov 11 with 965 viewsdirk_doone

It's probably what Southgate did too.

JWP Withdeawn From England Squad on 09:58 - Nov 11 with 935 viewsSonicBoom

Sounds like JWP just didn't fancy it.
JWP Withdeawn From England Squad on 10:07 - Nov 11 with 933 viewsA1079

JWP Withdeawn From England Squad on 09:58 - Nov 11 by SonicBoom

Sounds like JWP just didn't fancy it.

I tend to agree with you Sonic.

If I am honest and putting aside my Saints glasses, when players withdraw with what appears like "lame" excuses and then seemed to be fit the game before and conveniently available to play for their club after the Internationals the niggles appear to be all all too convenient and timely!

I used to have the view that if players withdrew for "spurious" reasons then they should not be considered for the next International automatically.

The argument as to whether Southgate is a good manager or not or whether he tends to favour certain players from certain clubs is an age old one which just about every manager that has ever managed England has been accused of. A bit like Politicians - they start with good intentions but life, media, establishment grinds them down to becoming clones of their predecessors.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024