Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clinton Morrison 19:05 - Dec 29 with 9290 viewssolent_toffee

Fair play to his agent for finding him this amount of work.

He literally knows nothing.
Clinton Morrison on 19:13 - Dec 29 with 8435 viewsSaintsforeverj

Don't know much about him, but to me he hasn't said anything I disagree with. Seems ok to me based on tonight's game.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Clinton Morrison on 19:48 - Dec 29 with 8387 viewsBicester_North

He’s no worse than a lot of commentators/pundits out there, but that’s not saying much, as they are nearly all thick as f*ck bellends

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Clinton Morrison on 20:00 - Dec 29 with 8352 viewscocklebreath

I thought he was okay

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Clinton Morrison on 20:02 - Dec 29 with 8346 viewsSaintsforeverj

Clinton Morrison on 20:00 - Dec 29 by cocklebreath

I thought he was okay

I agree actually. He was right when he said Saints were too slow. He was right to say that West Ham did a good job on us defensively. He was right to choose a defender as MOTM. He was right to say that players shouldn't get vaccines ahead of people who deserve it more! I thought he was good.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Clinton Morrison on 20:18 - Dec 29 with 8325 viewsChesham_Saint

Correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t he play for the Republic of Ireland? Was he a world class player (from whatever country) whose views we would be keen to hear? No. Are there not hundreds ,if not thousands of English, not to say British, ex-players out of work who could do the job equally well? Yes.

So why have a run of the mill, technically foreign player involved?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Clinton Morrison on 20:23 - Dec 29 with 8312 viewsdirk_doone

I like him and, as a bonus, he doesn't have any prejudice against Southampton whatsoever.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Clinton Morrison on 21:14 - Dec 29 with 8232 viewsKennington

Seems like a good lad and has a knowing sense that it’s a just a bit of entertainment. So many pundits forget that ultimately that’s all football is and sap the life out of things.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Clinton Morrison on 21:35 - Dec 29 with 8192 viewsWints76

I think he is useless and can barely string a sentence together. I think that is Sky, BBC and Amazon that now employ him. I notice that the Goblin-like Lee Hendrie is also on Sky this evening. There are decent pundits there (Neville, Micah Richards, Terry Gibson and even Carragher), but the likes of Morrison, Alan Smith and Andy Townsend to name but three are piss boilers
Login to get fewer ads

Clinton Morrison on 21:41 - Dec 29 with 8185 viewsBlue

Cannot stand the man and his fake 'gangsta' style speech, does my head in.

Still stood in the Kippax

Clinton Morrison on 21:58 - Dec 29 with 8150 viewsBicester_North

Clinton Morrison on 21:41 - Dec 29 by Blue

Cannot stand the man and his fake 'gangsta' style speech, does my head in.

Seems the main broadcasters and advertisers are desperate for pundits with that made up accent. Loads of the voiceovers for adverts and promos seem to feature that accent now.

Clinton Morrison on 22:15 - Dec 29 with 8127 viewsJaySaint

More commercials these days would have you believe that Britain is generally down-town London or Birmingham

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Clinton Morrison on 22:39 - Dec 29 with 8101 viewsKennington

Clinton Morrison on 21:58 - Dec 29 by Bicester_North

Seems the main broadcasters and advertisers are desperate for pundits with that made up accent. Loads of the voiceovers for adverts and promos seem to feature that accent now.

Is his accent made up? If it is a lot of other people in and around where he comes from in Tooting are also making there’s up too.

Clinton Morrison on 22:54 - Dec 29 with 8087 viewsBicester_North

Clinton Morrison on 22:39 - Dec 29 by Kennington

Is his accent made up? If it is a lot of other people in and around where he comes from in Tooting are also making there’s up too.

At some point it must have been made up, as nobody spoke that way before the late 90’s, and I say that as someone who spent a fair bit of time with Londoners of all ethnicities

Clinton Morrison on 23:09 - Dec 29 with 8066 viewsdirk_doone

Clinton Morrison on 22:54 - Dec 29 by Bicester_North

At some point it must have been made up, as nobody spoke that way before the late 90’s, and I say that as someone who spent a fair bit of time with Londoners of all ethnicities

At some point all languages and accents were made up but they are constantly changing. Look at how much the Pompey accent has changed in the last 50 years. The main groups who drive the change are youngsters who prefer to sound a certain way. That's always been the case.

[Post edited 30 Dec 2020 4:19]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Clinton Morrison on 23:23 - Dec 29 with 8041 viewsBicester_North

Clinton Morrison on 23:09 - Dec 29 by dirk_doone

At some point all languages and accents were made up but they are constantly changing. Look at how much the Pompey accent has changed in the last 50 years. The main groups who drive the change are youngsters who prefer to sound a certain way. That's always been the case.

[Post edited 30 Dec 2020 4:19]

The skate football fans are one inbred small group who were desperate to be accepted by Londoners. Most Portsmouth people still have a Hampshire twang.

The fake w@nksta London accent has been adopted by millions over the course of about 20 years.

How are people so desperate to appear to be “cool” that they deliberately force themselves to speak differently in such a short space of time?

Clinton Morrison on 07:54 - Dec 30 with 7910 viewssolent_toffee

Clinton Morrison on 21:35 - Dec 29 by Wints76

I think he is useless and can barely string a sentence together. I think that is Sky, BBC and Amazon that now employ him. I notice that the Goblin-like Lee Hendrie is also on Sky this evening. There are decent pundits there (Neville, Micah Richards, Terry Gibson and even Carragher), but the likes of Morrison, Alan Smith and Andy Townsend to name but three are piss boilers

Towards the end of the game, Clinton said that both teams are in a bad moment and really struggling for points, he finished the sentence by saying it was a great point for West Ham as Saints are in great form.

Fair enough then.

To be fair he does come across like he’s enjoying himself (and why wouldn’t he) and doesn’t take himself too seriously.

With the sheer amount of games on live at the moment, there’s never been a better time to get in the punditry gravy train.

Everton had Nigel Spackman doing it for the Sheff U game the other day, he was woeful. No insight, pure cliche and often lazy stereotypes of players/teams.

How come Benali doesn’t get more game time, seems a lot more in tune than most.
Clinton Morrison on 09:01 - Dec 30 with 7860 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Clinton Morrison on 22:54 - Dec 29 by Bicester_North

Absolutely. I'd never heard this accent until about 10 years ago and now it seems that TV companies seem to think it's okay to have this stupid accent doing voiceovers and adverts, it's got far worse and more prolific.

You git me fam?

I actually think Morrison wasn't as bad as some others (i.e. Alan bloody Smith) and no worse than Ian bloody Darke, but jesus wept, enough with the fake stupid accent.

Edit: Just remembered - the worst person guilty of that made up accent is Lewis Hamilton. From a very middle class area with a privileged upbringing, but he often can be heard speaking like a Peckham gangsta. Prat.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2020 9:13]

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Clinton Morrison on 09:32 - Dec 30 with 7824 viewsBerber

Clinton Morrison on 23:23 - Dec 29 by Bicester_North

The skate football fans are one inbred small group who were desperate to be accepted by Londoners. Most Portsmouth people still have a Hampshire twang.

The fake w@nksta London accent has been adopted by millions over the course of about 20 years.

How are people so desperate to appear to be “cool” that they deliberately force themselves to speak differently in such a short space of time?

I don't know bro
Clinton Morrison on 09:35 - Dec 30 with 7821 viewsKennington

Clinton Morrison on 09:01 - Dec 30 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Absolutely. I'd never heard this accent until about 10 years ago and now it seems that TV companies seem to think it's okay to have this stupid accent doing voiceovers and adverts, it's got far worse and more prolific.

You git me fam?

I actually think Morrison wasn't as bad as some others (i.e. Alan bloody Smith) and no worse than Ian bloody Darke, but jesus wept, enough with the fake stupid accent.

Edit: Just remembered - the worst person guilty of that made up accent is Lewis Hamilton. From a very middle class area with a privileged upbringing, but he often can be heard speaking like a Peckham gangsta. Prat.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2020 9:13]

But what makes you think Morrison’s accent is made up? He grew up according to wiki in a broken home in a caribbean mixed race family. This was in one of the areas in the U.K. of the highest Caribbean populations, so isn’t it any wonder he speaks with a Caribbean type of accent? Many of the older people in those communities are very much the windrush generation and have strong accents. I had to go to A&E at Kings last year and was treated by an old West Indian nurse, although a lovely lady, I couldn’t understand a word. I’d argue that Morrison is likely to be the real deal and the likes of Hamilton are copying him.

As to his ‘bling’ like appearance, this is a common thing with people that come up with nothing, much like the gangster rapper flaunting piles of cash and cars. It’s simply they don’t know any better and it’s that lifestyle which is then sold as glamorous to middle class white teenagers as cool.

Clinton Morrison on 10:30 - Dec 30 with 7777 viewsgeezershoong1

Clinton just needs to slow down a little bit and he'll be fine. He always sounds like he's doing it for the first time, like he's nervous.

Poll: England are playing tonight - would you rather...

Clinton Morrison on 11:49 - Dec 30 with 7740 viewsBicester_North

Clinton Morrison on 09:35 - Dec 30 by Kennington

But what makes you think Morrison’s accent is made up? He grew up according to wiki in a broken home in a caribbean mixed race family. This was in one of the areas in the U.K. of the highest Caribbean populations, so isn’t it any wonder he speaks with a Caribbean type of accent? Many of the older people in those communities are very much the windrush generation and have strong accents. I had to go to A&E at Kings last year and was treated by an old West Indian nurse, although a lovely lady, I couldn’t understand a word. I’d argue that Morrison is likely to be the real deal and the likes of Hamilton are copying him.

As to his ‘bling’ like appearance, this is a common thing with people that come up with nothing, much like the gangster rapper flaunting piles of cash and cars. It’s simply they don’t know any better and it’s that lifestyle which is then sold as glamorous to middle class white teenagers as cool.

No, the kids of the initial Caribbean generation either spoke with the local UK accent or still had a Caribbean accent.

Morrison speaks the ludicrous new, fake version
I’m not saying Morrison invented that accent, but it is an invention that all the weak drips in London copied because they have no spine.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2020 11:50]

Clinton Morrison on 13:52 - Dec 30 with 7679 viewsNumber_58

Why are these pundits allowed to travel from tier to tier to attend games? If the manager can watch a game from home I'm pretty sure Hargreaves, Jenas et al can as well.
Clinton Morrison on 13:55 - Dec 30 with 7676 viewsBerber

I don't care about the accent, or the frustrating grammar lapses that many have. So long as they are talking sensible football related stuff from either sex it is fine with me. Just don't let me hear that screetchy witch commentator.
Clinton Morrison on 20:56 - Dec 30 with 7567 viewsA1079

If we had to choose a pundit past or present who really grates on us who would it be:-

for me Alan Green - I used to hate it when he came on the Radio. He always seemed to be so dismissive of anyone that was not one of the big 6 or dismissive of anyone who did not support one of the top 6. He is rarely on the radio now. I think his age and some illnesses have restricted his appearance.

Paul Ince - completely incoherent.

There are a few recent ones that I really struggle with - Garragher, Townsend, McManaman.
Clinton Morrison on 22:24 - Dec 30 with 7522 viewsKennington

Clinton Morrison on 20:56 - Dec 30 by A1079

If we had to choose a pundit past or present who really grates on us who would it be:-

for me Alan Green - I used to hate it when he came on the Radio. He always seemed to be so dismissive of anyone that was not one of the big 6 or dismissive of anyone who did not support one of the top 6. He is rarely on the radio now. I think his age and some illnesses have restricted his appearance.

Paul Ince - completely incoherent.

There are a few recent ones that I really struggle with - Garragher, Townsend, McManaman.

Alan Green is a prime example of a pundit/commentator that saps the life out of the game. He takes it all far too seriously. There’s not a whiff of self awareness that he’s talking about 11 men against 11 putting a ball in a net and ultimately that’s it. The opposite could be said about the former Soccer Saturday lineup who were fully aware that its entertainment and a bit of fun. It’s a bit like many actors who talk about their work as if it’s far more important than it is. They forget they’re selling tickets for cinemas.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024