Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kit 09:07 - Jan 18 with 2141 viewsWints76

Cool. I like Hummel stuff.

Kit on 09:14 - Jan 18 with 2123 viewssaint22

oh yes me too!
loved that half and half shaded kit from the 80's
Kit on 09:53 - Jan 18 with 2074 viewsKennington

Iconic brand, great news.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Kit on 11:04 - Jan 18 with 2019 viewssolent_toffee

Everton are with Hummel and they do some boss leisure wear. I’ve just bought the travel trackie top. It’s ace.
Kit on 11:52 - Jan 18 with 1988 viewsTripleNiemi

Our best ever kit was a Hummel design. Bloödy great news (not that i wear footy shirts!)

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Kit on 12:11 - Jan 18 with 1972 viewsWints76

Kit on 11:04 - Jan 18 by solent_toffee

Everton are with Hummel and they do some boss leisure wear. I’ve just bought the travel trackie top. It’s ace.

Thats it, some of the Everton polo shirts etc I have seen have been decent. I realise I'm not the target market for the shirt, but will happily buy decent leisure wear. I dont think there has been much I wanted since we had Umbro.
Kit on 12:38 - Jan 18 with 1950 viewsSadoldgit

The current home strip is the best we have had for some time imho. The constant changing is just a rip off but if that’s how people want to spend their money that is their choice I guess.
Kit on 12:38 - Jan 18 with 1949 viewsgreen

S.I.C.K. - saw this in an old UI (paper version).

The "Danish pyjama kit" was not that popular at the time and the UI ran the S.I.C.K. campaign:

Saints
In
Conventional (?)
Kit
Kit on 12:54 - Jan 18 with 1944 viewsSaintNick

Kit on 12:38 - Jan 18 by green

S.I.C.K. - saw this in an old UI (paper version).

The "Danish pyjama kit" was not that popular at the time and the UI ran the S.I.C.K. campaign:

Saints
In
Conventional (?)
Kit

S.I.C.K was one campaign and the other was save our stripes S.O.S.

The Danish pyjama kit was hated, it was an awful design, it wasnt original in England Aston Villa & Coventry hasd the same design in their colours and from the stands it looked like we played in half pink & half red, a bit like Feyenoord after the kit lady had set the temperature on the washing machine too high and the colours had run.

Virtually anyone who says they like that kit was not a regular attender at the Dell in 1987-89

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Login to get fewer ads

Kit on 13:05 - Jan 18 with 1933 viewssaint22

Kit on 12:54 - Jan 18 by SaintNick

The Danish pyjama kit was hated, it was an awful design, it wasnt original in England Aston Villa & Coventry hasd the same design in their colours and from the stands it looked like we played in half pink & half red, a bit like Feyenoord after the kit lady had set the temperature on the washing machine too high and the colours had run.

Virtually anyone who says they like that kit was not a regular attender at the Dell in 1987-89

I wasnt a regular attendee at the Dell then but I loved that kit personally
Kit on 13:43 - Jan 18 with 1899 viewsChesham_Saint

I was a regular attendee and had the kit (still in my collection). But you're right ,it's Denmark's kit and is shyte for Saints. Best left if the dustbin of history. Do NOT reintroduce.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Kit on 14:14 - Jan 18 with 1881 viewsTimSaint

No real surprised that they have ditched Under Armour 2 years early. It has been a comedy of errors for the last 3 years, but in saying that......

- The away kit from last season has grown on me. It looks a bit tacky, but I like it, probably because we were so successful whilst wearing it and it has yellow in it.

- All 3 kits for this season are very good and sponsorship and covid aside, think we could have sold thousands this season, had they actually been available.

Will have to look in the loft tonight - I'm sure I have at least 1 of the original hummel shirts.

TimSaint

Kit on 14:42 - Jan 18 with 1864 viewsNumber_58

The 'Denmark' design was ok close up but from a distance it did, as you say, look like the result of a washing disaster. That said, at least it did have stripes (albeit barely visible to the naked eye) and it was still 20 times better than the Patrick centenary kit that it replaced which was flimsy and horrible and looked nothing like any kit Saints had ever worn in its history (and on the shirt I bought, two of the letters in the sponsor's name fell off leaving just 'RAPE TOOLS'). Best thing about our Denmark shirt was the lovely velvety material. Looking through all my old shirts today I do think it remains the nicest to wear. As someone who grew up with the coarse, nipple grater material of the 1970s this was pure luxury.
Kit on 20:26 - Jan 18 with 1748 viewsMytchettSaint

I loved the Saints “Denmark” kit. I fell in love with it when Denmark played in it in the 86 World Cup.

I still have my original (Saints not Denmark) although it doesn’t fit me now.

I understand we play in stripes but just occasionally it’s ok to differ? Some work well others don’t.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Kit on 20:48 - Jan 18 with 1713 viewsSaintNick

Kit on 20:26 - Jan 18 by MytchettSaint

I loved the Saints “Denmark” kit. I fell in love with it when Denmark played in it in the 86 World Cup.

I still have my original (Saints not Denmark) although it doesn’t fit me now.

I understand we play in stripes but just occasionally it’s ok to differ? Some work well others don’t.

I do think that perhaps once every 5 years Saints should bring out a retro kit from the past, that would be acceptable and would still maintain the stripes most of the time

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Kit on 21:02 - Jan 18 with 1701 viewsBicester_North

Kit on 14:42 - Jan 18 by Number_58

The 'Denmark' design was ok close up but from a distance it did, as you say, look like the result of a washing disaster. That said, at least it did have stripes (albeit barely visible to the naked eye) and it was still 20 times better than the Patrick centenary kit that it replaced which was flimsy and horrible and looked nothing like any kit Saints had ever worn in its history (and on the shirt I bought, two of the letters in the sponsor's name fell off leaving just 'RAPE TOOLS'). Best thing about our Denmark shirt was the lovely velvety material. Looking through all my old shirts today I do think it remains the nicest to wear. As someone who grew up with the coarse, nipple grater material of the 1970s this was pure luxury.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024