Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well I never did ? Well would you believe it ? another Benefit ! 19:58 - Jan 22 with 2838 viewsA_Saint_in_Stoke

Batteries for the top-rung 62kWh version of the Leaf electric hatchback are currently produced in the USA and imported to the UK, while lower-capacity 40kWh units are built at Sunderland by Chinese firm Envision Group, which will also handle production of the larger units.This means that production will now move from China to Sunderland.
Speaking to the BBC, Nissan chief operating officer Ashwani Gupta said: "The Brexit deal is positive for Nissan. Being the largest auto maker in the UK, we are taking this opportunity to redefine auto-making in the UK. This now Securing the SUNDERLAND OPERATION'S FUTURE ... and even expansion!
Hang on! The Sunderland factory was closing down -WITH ALL PRODUCTION MOVING TO EU countries --- How many times was that mentioned?
Yes - there are going to have many hick-up along the way -- but people will figure the best way to proceed.

After all the scaremongering we now get - HELLO WHAT WAS THAT ? Nissan's chief operating officer Ashwani Gupta said: "The Brexit deal is positive for Nissan. WHEN thing get back to normal - just take account ...... that the UK economy will sprint ahead and will benefit us all.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2021 0:07]

Poll: As a Saint's supporter I Feel Southampton F.C. Public Relations Department is -

Well I never did ? Well would you believe it ? another Benefit ! on 21:15 - Jan 22 with 2217 viewsgrumpy

The Nissan fears were based on a 'no deal' with EU.

'the UK economy will sprint ahead and will benefit us all'

I hope you're right.
Well I never did ? Well would you believe it ? another Benefit ! on 16:50 - Jan 23 with 2081 viewsA_Saint_in_Stoke

Well I never did ? Well would you believe it ? another Benefit ! on 21:15 - Jan 22 by grumpy

The Nissan fears were based on a 'no deal' with EU.

'the UK economy will sprint ahead and will benefit us all'

I hope you're right.

Respect your views and all who were against leaving! Yes there are going to be complications - red tape ... most coming from the EU side, but once settled down it maybe that some of our companies - will find more efficient ways of operating. Please TRY to accept that as time goes on more and more considerable benefits will come clear., and will cement us ever joining again? Would we have vaccinated over 5 million of our most vulnerable citizens - if we were still in the bureaucrat EU? Just look how they are doing in that respect ? I understand that you do not like what has happened, but keep the faith - try and get behind it - for the good of us all please? Regards.

Poll: As a Saint's supporter I Feel Southampton F.C. Public Relations Department is -

Well I never did ? Well would you believe it ? another Benefit ! on 17:15 - Jan 24 with 1995 viewskernow

"try and get behind it for the good of us all. "

By inference then, anyone that can't or won' t get behind it is against the common good?

Your hollow words of comfort may sound like mere platitudes to those who have lost their livelihood because of this nonsense.
Well I never did ? Well would you believe it ? another Benefit ! on 17:20 - Jan 24 with 1988 viewsBazza

Well I never did ? Well would you believe it ? another Benefit ! on 17:15 - Jan 24 by kernow

"try and get behind it for the good of us all. "

By inference then, anyone that can't or won' t get behind it is against the common good?

Your hollow words of comfort may sound like mere platitudes to those who have lost their livelihood because of this nonsense.

‘Nonsense’ just reeks of negativity. Sad
Well I never did ? Well would you believe it ? another Benefit ! on 18:19 - Jan 24 with 1959 viewskernow

Well I never did ? Well would you believe it ? another Benefit ! on 17:20 - Jan 24 by Bazza

‘Nonsense’ just reeks of negativity. Sad

Brexit reaks of negativity, sadly.
Well I never did ? Well would you believe it ? another Benefit ! on 18:49 - Jan 24 with 1942 viewsBazza

Well I never did ? Well would you believe it ? another Benefit ! on 18:19 - Jan 24 by kernow

Brexit reaks of negativity, sadly.

Democracy gave us Brexit. If you can’t get your head round that you’re doomed to years of headaches. What does perpetual moaning about a lost cause achieve?
Well I never did ? Well would you believe it ? another Benefit ! on 18:50 - Jan 24 with 1937 viewsgrumpy

Well I never did ? Well would you believe it ? another Benefit ! on 18:49 - Jan 24 by Bazza

Democracy gave us Brexit. If you can’t get your head round that you’re doomed to years of headaches. What does perpetual moaning about a lost cause achieve?

Annoying you?
Well I never did ? Well would you believe it ? another Benefit ! on 19:09 - Jan 24 with 1919 viewsthissceptredsaint

We have this one example which is great news for Sunderland but we also have the examples stated of businesses encouraged to establish themselves abroad taking jobs and finance away from the country. Although as has been admitted these companies will use tax avoiding practices some tax is better than no tax.....what will the treasury get from these companies setting up abroad? From direct taxes on profit and from income tax from employees? Nothing it seems.

Will we see further security and even boosts to other sectors of the economy or will we be getting supply issues regarding food? Doesn't matter if you have a job if you can't feed yourself.

Also where is the 350million pounds a week for the nhs Boris promised that Brexit would secure?
Login to get fewer ads

Well I never did ? Well would you believe it ? another Benefit ! on 09:46 - Jan 25 with 1829 viewsMytchettSaint

Well I never did ? Well would you believe it ? another Benefit ! on 19:09 - Jan 24 by thissceptredsaint

We have this one example which is great news for Sunderland but we also have the examples stated of businesses encouraged to establish themselves abroad taking jobs and finance away from the country. Although as has been admitted these companies will use tax avoiding practices some tax is better than no tax.....what will the treasury get from these companies setting up abroad? From direct taxes on profit and from income tax from employees? Nothing it seems.

Will we see further security and even boosts to other sectors of the economy or will we be getting supply issues regarding food? Doesn't matter if you have a job if you can't feed yourself.

Also where is the 350million pounds a week for the nhs Boris promised that Brexit would secure?

Well if you hadn’t noticed, we’re in the middle of something that is costing lots of money. Take a wild guess where the £350m could possibly be going...

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Well I never did ? Well would you believe it ? another Benefit ! on 14:48 - Jan 25 with 1766 viewsDorsetIan

Hi ASIS.

How are you feeling about the fishing industry? Are you going to be helping out the Scottish fisherman by eating the langoustine that the French don't want? Or Moules a la Creme for tea perhaps?

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Well I never did ? Well would you believe it ? another Benefit ! on 14:50 - Jan 25 with 1767 viewsSalisburySaint

Well I never did ? Well would you believe it ? another Benefit ! on 09:46 - Jan 25 by MytchettSaint

Well if you hadn’t noticed, we’re in the middle of something that is costing lots of money. Take a wild guess where the £350m could possibly be going...

do you mean the imaginary £350m per week ?, which since seen on the side of a bus has disappeared
Well I never did ? Well would you believe it ? another Benefit ! on 15:31 - Jan 25 with 1748 viewsMytchettSaint

Well I never did ? Well would you believe it ? another Benefit ! on 14:50 - Jan 25 by SalisburySaint

do you mean the imaginary £350m per week ?, which since seen on the side of a bus has disappeared

And you don’t think that £350M extra isn’t being spent on the NHS at present? I should imagine the vaccination programme costs a pretty penny.

Well I never did ? Well would you believe it ? another Benefit ! on 15:54 - Jan 25 with 1736 viewsDorsetIan

The government borrowed £34.1 billion in December alone. That's about £7.7 billion per week.

£350 million per week is therefore about 4.5% of what we are borrowing.

Who know's where it's going and frankly in this sort of economic environment, who cares!

Well I never did ? Well would you believe it ? another Benefit ! on 16:02 - Jan 25 with 1736 viewsgrumpy

Well I never did ? Well would you believe it ? another Benefit ! on 15:31 - Jan 25 by MytchettSaint

And you don’t think that £350M extra isn’t being spent on the NHS at present? I should imagine the vaccination programme costs a pretty penny.

How much did that plane from Turkey with faulty PPE cost?
How much did the failed app cost?
How much has Track and Trace failures cost?
Well I never did ? Well would you believe it ? another Benefit ! on 16:13 - Jan 25 with 1725 viewsMytchettSaint

Well I never did ? Well would you believe it ? another Benefit ! on 16:02 - Jan 25 by grumpy

How much did that plane from Turkey with faulty PPE cost?
How much did the failed app cost?
How much has Track and Trace failures cost?

What’s your point? Someone asked what happened to the £350M. I’ve pointed out that it’s probably being spent on the NHS.

Well I never did ? Well would you believe it ? another Benefit ! on 16:20 - Jan 25 with 1716 viewsgrumpy

Well I never did ? Well would you believe it ? another Benefit ! on 16:13 - Jan 25 by MytchettSaint

What’s your point? Someone asked what happened to the £350M. I’ve pointed out that it’s probably being spent on the NHS.

Well if its being spent on the points I have highlighted its not going to go far is it?
£350 million being saved a week from not being in the EU is just one of the lies that was paraded(on a bus in that case) during the eu referendum.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2021 16:25]
Well I never did ? Well would you believe it ? another Benefit ! on 16:27 - Jan 25 with 1703 viewsMytchettSaint

Well I never did ? Well would you believe it ? another Benefit ! on 16:20 - Jan 25 by grumpy

Well if its being spent on the points I have highlighted its not going to go far is it?
£350 million being saved a week from not being in the EU is just one of the lies that was paraded(on a bus in that case) during the eu referendum.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2021 16:25]

That we can agree on but it’s still “probably” being spent on the NHS at present.

Well I never did ? Well would you believe it ? another Benefit ! on 16:29 - Jan 25 with 1699 viewsgrumpy

Well I never did ? Well would you believe it ? another Benefit ! on 16:27 - Jan 25 by MytchettSaint

That we can agree on but it’s still “probably” being spent on the NHS at present.

I hope so.
Well I never did ? Well would you believe it ? another Benefit ! on 16:32 - Jan 25 with 1690 viewsdirk_doone

The truth is they need to put a minus in front of that figure:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-01-10/-170-billion-and-counting-the

https://www.statista.com/chart/20544/forecast-cost-of-brexit-compared-to-the-uks

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Well I never did ? Well would you believe it ? another Benefit ! on 18:04 - Jan 25 with 1631 viewsBerber

Well I never did ? Well would you believe it ? another Benefit ! on 15:31 - Jan 25 by MytchettSaint

Don't expect common sense to be applied on this. Reminds me of Pavlov's dog experiment.
Well I never did ? on 23:48 - Jan 25 with 1552 viewsdirk_doone

An appraisal of the Nissan Sunderland situation, written by a former foreign editor of The Times

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/brexit/2021/01/how-boris-johnson-s-brexit-

[Post edited 26 Jan 2021 2:28]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Well I never did ? on 04:13 - Jan 26 with 1505 viewsA_Saint_in_Stoke

Well I never did ? on 23:48 - Jan 25 by dirk_doone

An appraisal of the Nissan Sunderland situation, written by a former foreign editor of The Times

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/brexit/2021/01/how-boris-johnson-s-brexit-

[Post edited 26 Jan 2021 2:28]

Not all down to Brexit grumpy - COVID-19 is doing massive damage.
Give it time - they will find new ways of coping with red-tape - and could even find more efficient ways of operating? A more positive view to your doom & gloom attitude - please just think .... how long do you feel it would take to re-join the EU? if you wanted to ... 5 plus years ? - by that time we would have seen most of the benefits enrich our lives - so would you really want to go through years of wrangling again?

We could also NOT do as a member of the EU - As analysts say -- BRITAIN is heading for a post-Brexit boom after securing 62 free trade deals worth a staggering £900 billion - SO FAR plus there are multi-billion free trade deals with America, Canada and Australia in the pipeline for 2021. Together they could boost the UK economy by at least £100 Trillion over the coming decade, according to analysts. So let's be more positive and give it time please!

Well I never did ? Well would you believe it ? another Benefit ! on 04:41 - Jan 26 with 1502 viewsA_Saint_in_Stoke

Well I never did ? Well would you believe it ? another Benefit ! on 14:48 - Jan 25 by DorsetIan

Hi ASIS.

How are you feeling about the fishing industry? Are you going to be helping out the Scottish fisherman by eating the langoustine that the French don't want? Or Moules a la Creme for tea perhaps?

Certainly if the right price. I am very patriotic and will buy "British red tractor meat "as and when i can. Our fishermen ( sorry fisher people? ) gained an extra 35% quota and 5% extra for 5 years - I agree that it's not a very good deal on behalf of fisher people, although they the EU negotiators had to compromise somewhere to get a "deal" that even you must admit was a must! I beleive that they could be compensated in other ways - such as tax realeafs. The same with our sheep farmers. Please give it a few years to work itself through, as we try to unpick 45 years of agreements!

Have you seen as we could also NOT do as a member of the EU - As the headlines say -- BRITAIN is heading for a post-Brexit boom after securing 62 free trade deals worth a staggering £900 billion - SO FAR plus there are multi-billion free trade deals with America, Canada and Australia in the pipeline for 2021. Together they could boost the UK economy by at least £100 Trillion over the coming decade, according to analysts. Let's have a more positive attitude from you, and give it time to develop please!
[Post edited 26 Jan 2021 4:46]

Well I never did ? Well would you believe it ? another Benefit ! on 09:42 - Jan 26 with 1443 viewsDorsetIan

Well I never did ? Well would you believe it ? another Benefit ! on 04:41 - Jan 26 by A_Saint_in_Stoke

Certainly if the right price. I am very patriotic and will buy "British red tractor meat "as and when i can. Our fishermen ( sorry fisher people? ) gained an extra 35% quota and 5% extra for 5 years - I agree that it's not a very good deal on behalf of fisher people, although they the EU negotiators had to compromise somewhere to get a "deal" that even you must admit was a must! I beleive that they could be compensated in other ways - such as tax realeafs. The same with our sheep farmers. Please give it a few years to work itself through, as we try to unpick 45 years of agreements!

Have you seen as we could also NOT do as a member of the EU - As the headlines say -- BRITAIN is heading for a post-Brexit boom after securing 62 free trade deals worth a staggering £900 billion - SO FAR plus there are multi-billion free trade deals with America, Canada and Australia in the pipeline for 2021. Together they could boost the UK economy by at least £100 Trillion over the coming decade, according to analysts. Let's have a more positive attitude from you, and give it time to develop please!

Hi ASIS

I've you've read other recent stuff I have posted about our departure from the EU, you would know that I am not negative. We have to make the most of it and there will undoubtedly be positives. (Maybe speedy vaccine rollout is the first of them).

The reason I posted about fish is that you only ever seem to post things in support of Brexit, so it was for a bit of balance. Now that we have left the EU, we don't really need to spin it one way or the other. We are where we are and we need to get back to just understanding the facts - either positive or negative. We have spent too long as a country, talking up one side or the other. There's really no point or need any more.

Well I never did ? Well would you believe it ? another Benefit ! on 11:25 - Jan 26 with 1403 viewsHeisenberg

Well I never did ? Well would you believe it ? another Benefit ! on 04:41 - Jan 26 by A_Saint_in_Stoke

Posting about fish at 4.41 in the morning ? Some would say it's a bit odd. Or in your case a bit COD.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024