Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reality Thread 17:17 - Feb 6 with 2224 viewsHeisenberg

I can't believe what Im reading on here. Statements like disgrace to the city and never so felt so ashamed to be a Saints fan are unbelievable. It's a bad run ffs. If you think this team is a disgrace to the city then feck off and go and support someone else. I've never heard such a pile of whining shite from so called fans.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Reality Thread on 17:20 - Feb 6 with 1612 viewsSaintsforeverj

You don't think it's a disgrace to lose to 9 men of a poor injury ravaged Newcastle team? Why do people like you feel the need to defend grown men on 80 thousand pounds a week? 9 men? This after losing 9 nil, the only team in history to do it twice. Good for you for saying its fine.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Reality Thread on 17:22 - Feb 6 with 1599 viewsMytchettSaint

We’re in a poor run of form, everyone can see that. I just don’t see how we’ve gone from where we were to where we are so quickly. Injuries, suspensions...I wonder if there’s a problem with one or two players in the dressing room at the moment.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Reality Thread on 17:24 - Feb 6 with 1575 viewsSaintsforeverj

Reality Thread on 17:22 - Feb 6 by MytchettSaint

We’re in a poor run of form, everyone can see that. I just don’t see how we’ve gone from where we were to where we are so quickly. Injuries, suspensions...I wonder if there’s a problem with one or two players in the dressing room at the moment.

Certain people won't see it, but Bertrand and Ings will be off in the summer. Ings looks fed up, Bertrand was awful. Who remembers the impact VD had on the squad when he was here before he was sold. Something has happened and it could be something to do with some upset over contracts.

Reality Thread on 17:25 - Feb 6 with 1573 viewsBicester_North

Does seem like there’s something else going on.

This is why I hate the premier league. You’re only a spat dummy away from a crisis with all these overpaid c*nts running the show.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Reality Thread on 17:26 - Feb 6 with 1565 viewsHeisenberg

Reality Thread on 17:20 - Feb 6 by Saintsforeverj

You don't think it's a disgrace to lose to 9 men of a poor injury ravaged Newcastle team? Why do people like you feel the need to defend grown men on 80 thousand pounds a week? 9 men? This after losing 9 nil, the only team in history to do it twice. Good for you for saying its fine.

Where did I say it was fine ? Yes we are not playing well and yes we are on a bad run and yes we need to strengthen the squad but anyone saying this Saints side are a disgrace to the city or that they are ashamed to be a Saints fan is way off the mark. It's a bad run ffs. Win the next game and you lot will be back on here saying how great we are. Biggest bunch of bed wetting pansies I've ever come across.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Reality Thread on 17:29 - Feb 6 with 1550 viewsCenturion

After we beat Liverpool it looked like we were going to have a stress free season.
But, no, this is Southampton. Always have to find a way to put us through the mangle.
Reality Thread on 17:30 - Feb 6 with 1545 viewsMytchettSaint

Reality Thread on 17:26 - Feb 6 by Heisenberg

Where did I say it was fine ? Yes we are not playing well and yes we are on a bad run and yes we need to strengthen the squad but anyone saying this Saints side are a disgrace to the city or that they are ashamed to be a Saints fan is way off the mark. It's a bad run ffs. Win the next game and you lot will be back on here saying how great we are. Biggest bunch of bed wetting pansies I've ever come across.

Football is an emotive game and everyone is different, it seems though that there are some on here that can’t grasp that and any criticism of the club is screamed down with cries of “she’s a witch “

After the Aston Villa and Man Utd games I felt a bit cheated. Today I feel despairing of the team if I’m honest.

Reality Thread on 17:34 - Feb 6 with 1496 viewsSaintsforeverj

No, I am ashamed to lose 9 nil twice. I am ashamed that there wasn't a reaction today, like the players on 100 grand a week promised to us fans. We were playing a poor Newcastle team with 9 men! Ralph has questioned the desire in his interview. If players arn't giving their all, I'm ashamed. And do you know what they arn't kids. They are grown men on thousands a week. They should be ashamed. You arn't annoyed with them for not giving their all, as Ralph has suggested?

And its not just your average bad run. It's two 9 nil defeats that hasn't ever happened to any team in history. And then today, they don't even try to make up for it!
[Post edited 6 Feb 2021 17:38]

Login to get fewer ads

Reality Thread on 17:38 - Feb 6 with 1476 viewsDorsetIan

Beyond the first team, the quality drops sharply. So it doesn’t take very much at all for team to go completely off the boil.

I don’t find it surprising at all that our form can turn so quickly and so dramatically. Look at the bench ffs.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Reality Thread on 17:44 - Feb 6 with 1443 views1885_SFC

Seeing as it's a 'reality' thread - the reality is we are nothing short of garbage!

In a week when we've been thumped 9-0 - and then failed to even get a point against 9 men just days later - no amount of spin is going to change the fact that we are currently utter dogshít.

As always, as with every season, we have a bad patch & this is certainly it. But let's not pretend that the old "Things can only get better" mantra will make us all feel better when something is badly wrong somewhere. Five straight Premier League losses on the bounce is 'reality' enough for me. If we go out of the cup next week - then that is our season done & dusted.

Old School is Cool

Reality Thread on 17:44 - Feb 6 with 1441 viewsI_would

Perfect description of the so called 'team' today.

'Biggest bunch of bed wetting pansies I've ever come across.'

And the so called manager, about time he managed.

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

Reality Thread on 17:49 - Feb 6 with 1407 viewscynicalsaint

Reality Thread on 17:38 - Feb 6 by DorsetIan

Beyond the first team, the quality drops sharply. So it doesn’t take very much at all for team to go completely off the boil.

I don’t find it surprising at all that our form can turn so quickly and so dramatically. Look at the bench ffs.

But it was pretty much our first team today.

OK , KWP is a big miss and Armstrong would've been a big upgrade on Redmond but the starting eleven was pretty strong. And we were playing Newcastle. Who, if the commentator was right (big if) had scored 2 goais in their last 9 games.

Not so many options on the bench for sure but vs. 9 men we really shouldn't have needed to change it up.

You'd have hoped for a reaction after the second 9-0 pasting in the week but no. They didn't even look shell-shocked. They just looked ambivalent.
Reality Thread on 17:52 - Feb 6 with 1383 viewsJaySaint

Reality Thread on 17:49 - Feb 6 by cynicalsaint

OK , KWP is a big miss and Armstrong would've been a big upgrade on Redmond but the starting eleven was pretty strong. And we were playing Newcastle. Who, if the commentator was right (big if) had scored 2 goais in their last 9 games.

Not so many options on the bench for sure but vs. 9 men we really shouldn't have needed to change it up.

You'd have hoped for a reaction after the second 9-0 pasting in the week but no. They didn't even look shell-shocked. They just looked ambivalent.

Don't forget, Newcastle had a few out today, who would have normally started.

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Reality Thread on 18:03 - Feb 6 with 1359 viewsDorsetIan

Reality Thread on 17:49 - Feb 6 by cynicalsaint

That’s the point, it was pretty much the first team but even ‚pretty much‘ wasn’t close enough.

Early pressure came down LHS where KWP was absent.

Loss of Armstrong severely reduced our direct threat.

Vest and Romeu and Redmond are first teamers but are not match fresh.

It’s not happening for Ings at the moment.

Even Bednarek who has been solid all season, is struggling after recent traumas.

We don’t have the players to step in to provide cover when someone is not 100%, so all the responsibility falls on the same shoulders. And despite the fact that these players have put in great performances this season, they remain very vulnerable and very dependent on their collective form.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Reality Thread on 18:07 - Feb 6 with 1327 viewsBLEEDRED

Of course fans are upset and reacting badly. But facts don't lie around 75% possession, well over 40 crosses into the box all but 1 or 2 cleared with ease.
No shots on target after Newcastle down to 9 men, only 1 counter-attack in the whole match.
The team are set up as a slow team, they don't have the players that can break at speed so as soon as they take the ball out of defence the play is slowed down, so they can take the ball down and hoof it into a crowded box. That has been the style of play for a couple of seasons and will not change under this manager, so everyone will have to get real. At least we will pick up points and are safe from relegation (I hope). That will be the aim every season
Reality Thread on 18:11 - Feb 6 with 1308 viewscynicalsaint

Reality Thread on 18:03 - Feb 6 by DorsetIan

That’s the point, it was pretty much the first team but even ‚pretty much‘ wasn’t close enough.

Early pressure came down LHS where KWP was absent.

Loss of Armstrong severely reduced our direct threat.

Vest and Romeu and Redmond are first teamers but are not match fresh.

It’s not happening for Ings at the moment.

Even Bednarek who has been solid all season, is struggling after recent traumas.

We don’t have the players to step in to provide cover when someone is not 100%, so all the responsibility falls on the same shoulders. And despite the fact that these players have put in great performances this season, they remain very vulnerable and very dependent on their collective form.

I think that's whataboutery.

We have a culture where two 9-0 defeats in 16 months is OK so, following that logic. losing to a demoralised 9 man Newcastle is OK.

It's an expectation gap.

Some fans expect the players to have some professional pride and step up when things go bad...

Its easy to roll out excuses but objectively there was a collective lack of conviction / minerals on display today.

So re-set the expectations or accept what you expect and what you get is going to be miles apart.
Reality Thread on 18:20 - Feb 6 with 1273 viewsMytchettSaint

Reality Thread on 18:11 - Feb 6 by cynicalsaint

I think that's whataboutery.

We have a culture where two 9-0 defeats in 16 months is OK so, following that logic. losing to a demoralised 9 man Newcastle is OK.

It's an expectation gap.

Some fans expect the players to have some professional pride and step up when things go bad...

Its easy to roll out excuses but objectively there was a collective lack of conviction / minerals on display today.

So re-set the expectations or accept what you expect and what you get is going to be miles apart.

Good post

Reality Thread on 18:22 - Feb 6 with 1263 viewsRon11

The point is, when this lot go on a bad run they concede 12 goals in two games and pass the ball sideways and back as if they're winning 3-2 not 3-2 down. It looks as if they're being told to play that way, and it also looks as though they don't like it very much.
It's certainly frustrating to watch, and has produced another embarrassing result. If Newcastle had all eleven on the pitch, it could well have been have been another five or six goal hammering.
Reality Thread on 18:23 - Feb 6 with 1257 viewscynicalsaint

Reality Thread on 18:22 - Feb 6 by Ron11

The point is, when this lot go on a bad run they concede 12 goals in two games and pass the ball sideways and back as if they're winning 3-2 not 3-2 down. It looks as if they're being told to play that way, and it also looks as though they don't like it very much.
It's certainly frustrating to watch, and has produced another embarrassing result. If Newcastle had all eleven on the pitch, it could well have been have been another five or six goal hammering.

Minamino looked tidy though :-)
Reality Thread on 18:30 - Feb 6 with 1230 viewsSadoldgit

Reality Thread on 17:34 - Feb 6 by Saintsforeverj

No, I am ashamed to lose 9 nil twice. I am ashamed that there wasn't a reaction today, like the players on 100 grand a week promised to us fans. We were playing a poor Newcastle team with 9 men! Ralph has questioned the desire in his interview. If players arn't giving their all, I'm ashamed. And do you know what they arn't kids. They are grown men on thousands a week. They should be ashamed. You arn't annoyed with them for not giving their all, as Ralph has suggested?

And its not just your average bad run. It's two 9 nil defeats that hasn't ever happened to any team in history. And then today, they don't even try to make up for it!
[Post edited 6 Feb 2021 17:38]

Yet you are not ashamed of this government about over 100,000 deaths from Covid? You really need to sort out your priorities. Funny how you cut Johnson some slack but aren’t prepared to do so with a team that was top of the league not so long ago? This is just football, not a matter of life or death, no matter what Shankley said. Yes we are having a poor run. There is no reason to believe that things wont pick up again soon. But carry on wetting the bed if it makes you feel better.
Reality Thread on 18:35 - Feb 6 with 1213 viewscynicalsaint

Reality Thread on 18:30 - Feb 6 by Sadoldgit

Yet you are not ashamed of this government about over 100,000 deaths from Covid? You really need to sort out your priorities. Funny how you cut Johnson some slack but aren’t prepared to do so with a team that was top of the league not so long ago? This is just football, not a matter of life or death, no matter what Shankley said. Yes we are having a poor run. There is no reason to believe that things wont pick up again soon. But carry on wetting the bed if it makes you feel better.

FFS - take it somewhere else please.

This is a football forum.
Reality Thread on 18:37 - Feb 6 with 1206 viewsSaintsforeverj

Reality Thread on 18:30 - Feb 6 by Sadoldgit

But you came on here yourself and said it's appalling! My problem with you is that you are slamming the bedwetters, but you have just done it yourself! You told us all to be positive, then you have found out why we weren't and then join in. Appalling you called it. You are a bed wetter too then right? The problem with you, is that you argue black is white. You are right to say it was appalling, so why be so argumentative with those who predicted this in the first place. As the poster says above, this has nothing to do with politics. We both agree it is appalling, so why not agree with each other? But you will disagree just to disagree.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2021 18:41]

Reality Thread on 18:41 - Feb 6 with 1179 viewscynicalsaint

Reality Thread on 18:37 - Feb 6 by Saintsforeverj

But you came on here yourself and said it's appalling! My problem with you is that you are slamming the bedwetters, but you have just done it yourself! You told us all to be positive, then you have found out why we weren't and then join in. Appalling you called it. You are a bed wetter too then right? The problem with you, is that you argue black is white. You are right to say it was appalling, so why be so argumentative with those who predicted this in the first place. As the poster says above, this has nothing to do with politics. We both agree it is appalling, so why not agree with each other? But you will disagree just to disagree.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2021 18:41]

Please don't let it go off topic...
Reality Thread on 18:42 - Feb 6 with 1176 viewsfranniesTache

How about we accept there's a middle ground here, a big part of the problem is the cult of Ralph.

Somewhere between the club's marketing team and Ralph's enthusiastic waving at the fan a myth has grown around him as being the next Klopp or Poch'.

The truth is Ralph is closer to Chris Nicholl than he is to Poch or Koeman it's just that due to the managers before him he seems a lot better.

I actually don't think it'd do him any harm to have more pressure, it was pressure that eventually stopped him playing players out of position last season, after which we improved massively.
Reality Thread on 18:51 - Feb 6 with 1137 viewsIngskneeslide

Spot on Heisenberg. We’re in a really bad run of form but reading this site you’d think no one had ever experienced that before following Saints! The Premier League seems to turn otherwise ordinary men into shrieking, spoilt cowards. Imagine if we got into Europe and our fans had to go up against the ultras from Germany, Italy, Eastern Europe. They’d be setting our stand on fire while our lot pissing their pants about substitutions or something
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024