Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fraser Forster new contract 23:50 - Feb 11 with 1138 viewsButty101

If he gets a chance to be number 1 again between now and the end of the season, and takes it, would you give him a new contract?

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Fraser Forster new contract on 23:59 - Feb 11 with 1128 viewsdirk_doone

Of course. He is our best goalkeeper and the rock on which our team is built. He hasn't conceded a single goal this season, which when you consider he's been thrown in against the likes of Liverpool and Arsenal, is all the more impressive.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2021 0:01]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Fraser Forster new contract on 00:33 - Feb 12 with 1095 viewspjt50

Certainly. I'd offer him 5 years on £5million a year.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Fraser Forster new contract on 00:38 - Feb 12 with 1090 viewsA_Saint_in_Stoke

His present contract - great for him and his AGENT - Bloody Stupid for our club (backhander sunder the table -comes to mind?) nearly 6 years deal many THOUSANDS OVERVALUED !!!! Difficult to even loan out coz of ..... no other club could even afford him even on loan?

My answer is -maybe - but he is still finding it difficult to save powerful ground shots from outside the box - difficult for his 6'5" frame to get down to save? HE NEEDS TO TAKE A SALARY REDUCTION ON A 2-YEAR DEAL.

Our club has been STUFFED BY HIS AGENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Poll: As a Saint's supporter I Feel Southampton F.C. Public Relations Department is -

Fraser Forster new contract on 08:04 - Feb 12 with 986 viewsSteveMoron

He's not really had that much to do in the four games. Distribution nowhere near as good as McCarthy. Not convinced.
Fraser Forster new contract on 08:10 - Feb 12 with 975 viewsdirk_doone

Yeah right. He has kept nearly 200 clean sheets and he hasn't had much to do in any of them. I guess that's what happens when you've got the world's best defence playing in front of you.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2021 10:02]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Fraser Forster new contract on 08:45 - Feb 12 with 934 viewsBerber

He is not worth the money we agreed to in his contract. If he accepts a lower deal, it would be a no brainer. We need two half decent goalies, and Gunn didn't fill the brief.
Fraser Forster new contract on 08:56 - Feb 12 with 919 viewsSaintNick

Fraser Forster new contract on 00:38 - Feb 12 by A_Saint_in_Stoke

His present contract - great for him and his AGENT - Bloody Stupid for our club (backhander sunder the table -comes to mind?) nearly 6 years deal many THOUSANDS OVERVALUED !!!! Difficult to even loan out coz of ..... no other club could even afford him even on loan?

My answer is -maybe - but he is still finding it difficult to save powerful ground shots from outside the box - difficult for his 6'5" frame to get down to save? HE NEEDS TO TAKE A SALARY REDUCTION ON A 2-YEAR DEAL.

Our club has been STUFFED BY HIS AGENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When Forster signed the 5 year deal on July 19th 2017, he was one of the top keepers in the country, but there was turmoil in his defence in front of him and he lost confidence.

His contract is not that big when you consider he was in the England squad at the time and less than he could of got elsewhere, it wasn't greed it was merely being paid the going rate and a reward for 3 years good service.

At the time the club showed the "ambition" the fans wanted by paying high salaries, but it back fired on them, Forster has never complained he has just got on with things and done whatever is needed.

To say we were stuffed by his agent is complete bunkum, no one was complaining about the length or size of the contract at the time.

Forster is a commanding presence in the defence and seems to be more of an organiser than McCarthy,when Forster has been in goal the defence seem to know what their job is and like against Wolves it works, they know when he will leave his line and when he will stay on it.

Yes it has only been 4 games so far, but discounting the Shrewsbury game you have to ask why we have kept clean sheets barely allowing a shot on target in the other 3 whilst conceding shed loads in the other games.

Alex McCarthy has been at the club 5 seasons and has never been convincing other than in short spells, this has been his longest period as a undisputed number 1 up to now in his career, he has not had a full complete season as first choice since 2013/14 when he was in the Championship with Reading and that remains his only season other than a spell at Yeovil in League 1 in 2009/10

That doesn't make McCarthy a bad keeper, it just highlights his flaws which after so long as back up are an inability to concentrate 100%.

At 31 he is not going to improve now.

Forster will see out his current deal he will be 34 at the end of it and he knows that he will get substantially less in a new one whether here or elsewhere.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Fraser Forster new contract on 10:00 - Feb 12 with 906 viewsgreen

Good points on Forster. If we hadn't offered him the contract and he'd left on a free there would have been uproar.
Login to get fewer ads

Fraser Forster new contract on 11:39 - Feb 12 with 853 viewsForeverred

Fraser deserves his chance, people say he didn’t have much to do in the four games ok, but when called into action he dealt with it effectively. I don’t agree that Alex distributes the ball better, Alex has been caught out many times on passing out from the back, for example v Arsenal last season , the same again v Newcastle, then coming off his line against Arsenal this season. Alex is an excellent keeper , but has his faults also. His confidence must be shattered at the moment, so it seems a good time to give Fraser a chance in the league. If we can continue with this tight defensive display in his presence ,then we will hopefully start climbing the table soon .
Fraser Forster new contract on 11:56 - Feb 12 with 842 viewssaints__fan__73

Fraser Forster new contract on 08:10 - Feb 12 by dirk_doone

Yeah right. He has kept nearly 200 clean sheets and he hasn't had much to do in any of them. I guess that's what happens when you've got the world's best defence playing in front of you.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2021 10:02]

He's a very average keeper. He makes the most of his immense frame but he is far too immobile for how keepers have to operate in the modern game.

Giving him his (2nd) contract extension for multiple years at 70k per week must be one of the worst of many horrendous decisions of the Les Reed error. Spending upwards of £20m on wages and transfer fee for Angus Gunn must be up there too.

You may be correct that FF is our best keeper though....

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Fraser Forster new contract on 12:18 - Feb 12 with 823 viewsTimSaint

......or perhaps someone in their wisdom saw him as the next big mega bucks export from the Saints production line of fine performers, so in order to bump up the sale price, gave him a prolonged contract at an inflated rate ?

Just a theory.....!!

TimSaint

Fraser Forster new contract on 12:42 - Feb 12 with 803 viewsForeverred

Average maybe , i think I am right in saying a few seasons ago he set a record of not conceding a goal in so many games, that season he had many fine performances, if I recall keeping a very good
Liverpool side out at a anfield , the same season he played for England, and only lost his place when he lost his confidence ,which lost him his place after losing 5.2 at Tottenham. In my opinion you have got to be above average to play for your country, but whether he can perform to that level again remains to be seen, let hope he can and we could be on our way to Wembley .
Fraser Forster new contract on 05:34 - Feb 13 with 609 viewsScoot

Fraser Forster new contract on 11:56 - Feb 12 by saints__fan__73

He's a very average keeper. He makes the most of his immense frame but he is far too immobile for how keepers have to operate in the modern game.

Giving him his (2nd) contract extension for multiple years at 70k per week must be one of the worst of many horrendous decisions of the Les Reed error. Spending upwards of £20m on wages and transfer fee for Angus Gunn must be up there too.

You may be correct that FF is our best keeper though....

Modern keeper my aarse. FF is a great keeper, his weakness is low shots. He can't get down to them. AM has so many faults. He hesitates coming for the ball, he can't pass, he flaps at crosses, he doesn't communicate with his defence. He's a good keeper at shot stopping but thats not enough. FF is in charge from the minute the ball enters the box. Thats why he's had less to do. His game management is just much better.

Poll: Should NJ go?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024