Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
20 Years Ago 10:18 - Feb 18 with 815 viewsSaintNick

It was a bad week for Saints on Saturday 17th we drew 0-0 with Tranmere and then on the 20th we went up to Merseyside for the replay, who remembers the revelry under the stand at half time when we were 3-0 up.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

20 Years Ago on 12:35 - Feb 18 with 765 viewsbigsaint

That was a long drive home, could only happen to Saints.
20 Years Ago on 16:11 - Feb 18 with 692 viewskingslandstand1

Wasn't it Liverpool at home in the next round as well? Christ, 20 years ago!!
20 Years Ago on 16:22 - Feb 18 with 690 viewsSaintsforeverj

Was on the official coach for that game. At the game 3 nil up, we were all talking about the big quarter final at the Dell. That was a thoroughly miserable journey home. Didn't get back home until 4am and had work the next day. It was a difficult few days. With Hoddle in charge too, the collapse was quite a shock.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

20 Years Ago on 16:37 - Feb 19 with 575 viewsericofarabia

Went to the replay, but luckily only had a 30 minute trip back to Leigh afterwards!!

We completely switched off as we walked off the pitch at HT 3 up.

Tranmere deserved their victory, their players and fans didn't give up and once they got the 1st goal there was only going to be one winner!!
20 Years Ago on 17:31 - Feb 19 with 554 viewsdarthvader

20 Years Ago on 16:37 - Feb 19 by ericofarabia

Went to the replay, but luckily only had a 30 minute trip back to Leigh afterwards!!

We completely switched off as we walked off the pitch at HT 3 up.

Tranmere deserved their victory, their players and fans didn't give up and once they got the 1st goal there was only going to be one winner!!

Being a Saints fan is remarkable . Never boring . Trying to explain this to a non believer is a challenge

keep the faith coyr

20 Years Ago on 17:38 - Feb 19 with 551 viewsTimSaint

20 Years Ago on 16:11 - Feb 18 by kingslandstand1

Wasn't it Liverpool at home in the next round as well? Christ, 20 years ago!!

Tranmere lost 4-2 at home to Liverpool in the next round and because our defeat was in the replay, the draw would already have been made, so yes we would have know our opposition before we played.

Similarly in the famous defeat to Spurs, 2-0 up at HT, 2-2 at FT and 2-6 AET. The winners were away to Liverpool. We gave our Season Tickets to a programme selling mate, who would be able to nip out and be first in the queue for tickets, as they were going on sale straight after the game. Needless to say he returned the STs at 4 or 5-2 down muttering something derogatory towards scousers.

TimSaint

20 Years Ag on 18:24 - Feb 19 with 541 viewsSalisburySaint

20 Years Ago on 17:38 - Feb 19 by TimSaint

Tranmere lost 4-2 at home to Liverpool in the next round and because our defeat was in the replay, the draw would already have been made, so yes we would have know our opposition before we played.

Similarly in the famous defeat to Spurs, 2-0 up at HT, 2-2 at FT and 2-6 AET. The winners were away to Liverpool. We gave our Season Tickets to a programme selling mate, who would be able to nip out and be first in the queue for tickets, as they were going on sale straight after the game. Needless to say he returned the STs at 4 or 5-2 down muttering something derogatory towards scousers.

We certainly knew our opponents in next round for Tranmere game, had several London Saints members trying to contact me at half time putting in orders to get Liverpool tickets

Remember stopping for a curry at Stafford on way back to console ourselves
20 Years Ag on 19:47 - Feb 19 with 532 viewsericofarabia

20 Years Ag on 18:24 - Feb 19 by SalisburySaint

We certainly knew our opponents in next round for Tranmere game, had several London Saints members trying to contact me at half time putting in orders to get Liverpool tickets

Remember stopping for a curry at Stafford on way back to console ourselves

Classic from me after the game, slightly shell shocked, but not angry, walking past absolutely jubilant home fans, and being a Winning UnderDog so many times myself following The Saints, and forgetting exactly where we were, shouted out to some ...'congratulations lads, hope you stuff those scouse wanchors in the next round'

Luckily they were too busy celebrating to take offence!!
[Post edited 20 Feb 2021 11:53]
Login to get fewer ads

20 Years Ago on 08:50 - Feb 20 with 472 viewsSanAndresSaint

20 Years Ago on 17:38 - Feb 19 by TimSaint

Same as Barnsley H in the Fourth Round in 1985 an evening match, winners to face Liverpool live on tv the following Sunday 1-2 .Saints always get close to something good then crumble
20 Years Ago on 09:10 - Feb 20 with 461 viewsNumber_58

Got home in the middle of the night, still shocked and angry by what I'd witnessed. My missus asked me what the score was. I said '3-0 up, lost 4-3'. All she said was 'well at least you saw plenty of goals'. We came close to divorce that night.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024