Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well Done the British Judges today - Great Work 15:50 - Feb 26 with 4017 viewsButty101

Shamima Begum not coming back.

If anyone doubts the decision watch this interview with the dippy cow

https://news.sky.com/story/shamima-begum-is-bride-should-not-be-allowed-to-retur

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Well Done the British Judges today - Great Work on 10:32 - Feb 27 with 1320 viewsDorsetIan

Well Done the British Judges today - Great Work on 09:04 - Feb 27 by solent_toffee

I think the issue is far more complex than I can comprehend. She was a 15 year old child groomed by the vile ISIS and made a very dramatic crazy decision and she couldn’t have known what that decision would lead to, despite what the angry mob might think.

I find the high fiving of grown men at her situation fairly crass but it’s to be expected these days. The fact that it all gets played out in the media only flames this situation especially with the social media kangaroo courts where everyone is an expert on the mindset of 15 year olds girls and how vulnerable they can and can’t be.

I suppose the good news is that our legal system is usually alive to the nuances, and being groomed and being a minor are all mitigating factors (sometimes excusing factors) in relation to any crimes committed. And there can then be some proportionality to any punishments delivered - or at least some sort of process and right to a proper defence.

There is another issue here though which is that, as I understand it, the argument that she can have her citizenship withdrawn arises only because there is an argument that she could claim citizenship somewhere else (even though she currently doesn't have dual citizenship). And the reason for that is because her parents had citizenship somewhere else.

That puts citizens who are second generation immigrants in a different category to those who aren't. And made her citizenship more removable than mine.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Well Done the British Judges today - Great Work on 11:15 - Feb 27 with 1280 viewsBerber

To my knowledge, isn't she the only person from the UK that this has happened to? There have been hundreds, if not thousands of young men gone off to Syria and elsewhere, and actually fought for ISIS with the intention (and in many cases no doubt actions) of killing other people, and supporting the organisation that has committed untold atrocities against both adults and children of both sexes whilst waging open warfare against western civilisations.

Whilst I understand the actions and feelings against this woman, her actions as a child, then growing up there, are hardly the stuff or terrorist actions carried out by so many of the men who are now back in this country. I don't like what I have seen and heard of her, but this action is pure tokenism by the government and disguises the rank inaction taken against the rest.
Well Done the British Judges today - Great Work on 11:39 - Feb 27 with 1267 viewsBicester_North

Well Done the British Judges today - Great Work on 20:19 - Feb 26 by WinchesterExile

Citizenship requires obligations to the country of which you are a citizen. This includes the obligation to not perpetrate, conspire or support terrorism in the country of which you are citizen. British terrorists and their British supporters have no right to British citizenship.

She believes in sharia law, which states that the death penalty should be carried out for treason or those who de stabilise the state

Surely she should be asking to be executed according to her beliefs?

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Well Done the British Judges today - Great Work on 12:17 - Feb 27 with 1248 viewsDorsetIan

Well Done the British Judges today - Great Work on 11:39 - Feb 27 by Bicester_North

She believes in sharia law, which states that the death penalty should be carried out for treason or those who de stabilise the state

Surely she should be asking to be executed according to her beliefs?

You think British Citizens should be allowed to choose Sharia Law now?

And what does Sharia Law say about crimes by 15 year olds?

Well Done the British Judges today - Great Work on 12:25 - Feb 27 with 1240 viewsJaySaint

Well Done the British Judges today - Great Work on 12:17 - Feb 27 by DorsetIan

unsure she committed crimes according to her beliefs. Storing of severed heads in her fridge and such like.

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Well Done the British Judges today - Great Work on 12:40 - Feb 27 with 1231 viewsdwayne_dibley

Well Done the British Judges today - Great Work on 09:04 - Feb 27 by solent_toffee

I think the issue is far more complex than I can comprehend. She was a 15 year old child groomed by the vile ISIS and made a very dramatic crazy decision and she couldn’t have known what that decision would lead to, despite what the angry mob might think.

I find the high fiving of grown men at her situation fairly crass but it’s to be expected these days. The fact that it all gets played out in the media only flames this situation especially with the social media kangaroo courts where everyone is an expert on the mindset of 15 year olds girls and how vulnerable they can and can’t be.

sad but true

but I reckon there is another subtext at work

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Well Done the British Judges today - Great Work on 14:00 - Feb 27 with 1192 viewsDellbert_Wilkins

She may be guilty of no more than marrying (although probably not marrying as she was under age at the time)

Yes, because we all no Muslims are big on not marrying under aged girls ffs.
Well Done the British Judges today - Great Work on 15:39 - Feb 27 with 1157 viewsBicester_North

Well Done the British Judges today - Great Work on 12:17 - Feb 27 by DorsetIan

Yes Ian, I actively campaign for it

Young teenage girls have been stoned to death under sharia law for adultery, even if they were raped.

These are the laws this woman believed in!

Login to get fewer ads

Well Done the British Judges today - Great Work on 17:14 - Feb 27 with 1141 viewskentsouthampton

Well Done the British Judges today - Great Work on 21:49 - Feb 27 with 1095 viewsDorsetIan

Well Done the British Judges today - Great Work on 15:39 - Feb 27 by Bicester_North

Yes Ian, I actively campaign for it

Young teenage girls have been stoned to death under sharia law for adultery, even if they were raped.

These are the laws this woman believed in!

Yes, and one of the reasons we can be proud to be British is that our legal system is more compassionate than that.

Well Done the British Judges today - Great Work on 22:04 - Feb 27 with 1086 viewsBicester_North

Well Done the British Judges today - Great Work on 21:49 - Feb 27 by DorsetIan

Yes, and one of the reasons we can be proud to be British is that our legal system is more compassionate than that.

That’s right, and if the woman had wholeheartedly shown to have changed her views I would say we as a country owed her another chance to be put through our justice system.

But I believe once you show a desire for our culture and democracy to be destroyed and want to actively wage war against us then you forfeit your right to be classed as a British citizen, and lose the right to our compassionate justice.

Especially when you demonstrate that your beliefs haven’t really changed, only that your dream of a jihadi paradise has been tainted.

It’s not really a high fiving, outrageous view, it’s quite reasonable I think. Also it would set a precedent. In the end it will probably be overturned anyway on UN laws but I think the UK have to show as much as possible that this kind of behaviour will be fought all the way.

Well Done the British Judges today - Great Work on 22:58 - Feb 27 with 1065 viewsWinchesterExile

Well Done the British Judges today - Great Work on 20:41 - Feb 26 by pjt50

The Home Office can't deprive somebody of UK citizenship under the Conducive to Public Good test if it means the person will become stateless.

She isn’t stateless. She is a citizen of the Islamic State! But seriously, she can take Bangladeshi citizenship like her parents. The court’s decision was spot on.
Well Done the British Judges today - Great Work on 23:25 - Feb 27 with 1057 viewskentsouthampton

Well Done the British Judges today - Great Work on 22:58 - Feb 27 by WinchesterExile

She isn’t stateless. She is a citizen of the Islamic State! But seriously, she can take Bangladeshi citizenship like her parents. The court’s decision was spot on.

She can fuçk right off.
Well Done the British Judges today - Great Work on 07:08 - Feb 28 with 1021 viewsDorsetIan

Well Done the British Judges today - Great Work on 22:04 - Feb 27 by Bicester_North

That’s right, and if the woman had wholeheartedly shown to have changed her views I would say we as a country owed her another chance to be put through our justice system.

But I believe once you show a desire for our culture and democracy to be destroyed and want to actively wage war against us then you forfeit your right to be classed as a British citizen, and lose the right to our compassionate justice.

Especially when you demonstrate that your beliefs haven’t really changed, only that your dream of a jihadi paradise has been tainted.

It’s not really a high fiving, outrageous view, it’s quite reasonable I think. Also it would set a precedent. In the end it will probably be overturned anyway on UN laws but I think the UK have to show as much as possible that this kind of behaviour will be fought all the way.

I agree that what you have said is reasonable.

As long as our stripping of citizenship is within the terms of the International Treaties that we have signed up to (because if not, it puts our citizens living abroad at risk of arbitrary justice from other regimes) and as long as we take on board that she was 15 and (it seems) groomed when considering her crimes, we should, as a country, have a right to do it.

The rule of law and the right to a fair trial (and the way we have promoted those things around the world) are things we should be really proud of in this country. Far more important than punishing or making an example of this sad, misguided teenager.

And this too is a reasonable view.

Well Done the British Judges today - Great Work on 07:35 - Feb 28 with 1015 viewsJaySaint

Well Done the British Judges today - Great Work on 07:08 - Feb 28 by DorsetIan

I agree that what you have said is reasonable.

As long as our stripping of citizenship is within the terms of the International Treaties that we have signed up to (because if not, it puts our citizens living abroad at risk of arbitrary justice from other regimes) and as long as we take on board that she was 15 and (it seems) groomed when considering her crimes, we should, as a country, have a right to do it.

The rule of law and the right to a fair trial (and the way we have promoted those things around the world) are things we should be really proud of in this country. Far more important than punishing or making an example of this sad, misguided teenager.

And this too is a reasonable view.

misguided teenage girls have older boyfriends, wear shorter skirts, bunk off school and try smoking.

Not be allowed to "go on holiday", join a death cult, become part of the local morality police, murder people for wearing bright clothes and store severed heads in her fridge.

Well Done the British Judges today - Great Work on 08:51 - Feb 28 with 991 viewsKennington

The whole thing is problematic for me as the Bangladeshis (I think) don’t recognise her. That means she’s seemingly stateless. Leaving aside her dual nationality, if say Harold Shipman was let out on day release before he topped himself and fancied a jaunt to Syria, I’d have still wanted him back to face a British court, and Shipman is responsible for far worse crimes than Begum. That’s even if he’d become a full on supporter of the Islamic state.

Her age is another major problem for me, and I wonder if it’s because of her age that the government are worried that her sentence could well be a light one.

I’m very much of the view that you shouldn't be stripped of a nationality and maybe laws should be changed as it appears the government can.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Well Done the British Judges today - Great Work on 08:53 - Feb 28 with 989 viewsJaySaint

Well Done the British Judges today - Great Work on 08:51 - Feb 28 by Kennington

The whole thing is problematic for me as the Bangladeshis (I think) don’t recognise her. That means she’s seemingly stateless. Leaving aside her dual nationality, if say Harold Shipman was let out on day release before he topped himself and fancied a jaunt to Syria, I’d have still wanted him back to face a British court, and Shipman is responsible for far worse crimes than Begum. That’s even if he’d become a full on supporter of the Islamic state.

Her age is another major problem for me, and I wonder if it’s because of her age that the government are worried that her sentence could well be a light one.

I’m very much of the view that you shouldn't be stripped of a nationality and maybe laws should be changed as it appears the government can.

She'll probably be back. This is just the dance the weak government has to do.
Look at Dover, we are now almost implicit in human traffiking into the country ffs.

Well Done the British Judges today - Great Work on 10:27 - Feb 28 with 965 viewsRon11

The Bangladeshis don't recognise her because they've got more sense.
Well Done the British Judges today - Great Work on 11:20 - Feb 28 with 949 viewsDorsetIan

There’s a UN convention on stateless persons, which we are signed up, but in which we do seem to have reserved a right to make people stateless in extreme circumstances.

https://www.unhcr.org/un-conventions-on-statelessness.html

There a real logic to everyone having to have a citizenship somewhere. And it’s all very well us saying we don’t want her and she should apply for Bangladeshi citizenship, but what if they don’t want her for exactly the same reasons?

We can say we don’t want her on the basis that a country who has never had her as a citizen has to take her instead. It doesn‘t stack up.

Well Done the British Judges today - Great Work on 13:59 - Feb 28 with 913 viewsSadoldgit

Well Done the British Judges today - Great Work on 10:27 - Feb 28 by Ron11

The Bangladeshis don't recognise her because they've got more sense.

Or maybe because she never lived there?
Well Done the British Judges today - Great Work on 12:06 - Mar 1 with 858 viewsgeezershoong1

She joined ISIS willingly and participated in torture and stoning of other women.

The End.

Poll: England are playing tonight - would you rather...

Well Done the British Judges today - Great Work on 19:02 - Mar 1 with 807 viewssledger

She jumped into bed with her terrorist friends let them pay her benefits, more important to look after our own in these tough times than worry about this sad little cow
Well Done the British Judges today - Great Work on 21:51 - Mar 1 with 776 viewsNewdawn2014

doing something stupid at 15 is getting pissed with your mates, not living with and having children by terrorists and enemies, by design not accident.
Well Done the British Judges today - Great Work on 22:12 - Mar 1 with 765 viewsSadoldgit

Well Done the British Judges today - Great Work on 12:06 - Mar 1 by geezershoong1

She joined ISIS willingly and participated in torture and stoning of other women.

The End.

If she was an active terrorist then I am sure she will be convicted at a trial after the evidence is examined. I

It doesn’t affect the fact that she is a British citizen.
Well Done the British Judges today - Great Work on 22:12 - Mar 1 with 764 views1885_SFC

Well Done the British Judges today - Great Work on 22:12 - Mar 1 by Sadoldgit

If she was an active terrorist then I am sure she will be convicted at a trial after the evidence is examined. I

It doesn’t affect the fact that she is a British citizen.

"Was" a British citizen.

Old School is Cool

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024